AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am curious -- What does the PINSIDE Community think that for the $3,500.00 would make the game worth the cost?

Nothing. And I'm not sure why you're so in on it when you don't know the answer to this question.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

Aren't both the LE and CE deposits refundable up until the time your game hits the line? So there really is no risk here.
I love Dialed In (can you tell?) Definitely getting one. Which one I don't know. I'll say this. Having played everything that was new at Expo...I'm shocked people keep saying they don't see the value when Dialed In looked much nicer than Batman (which is $$$) and it looked 2x as good as Alien which when you add up the price on that, an LE is close to 9K. 5K NIB is a memory folks.
Yes it's at the point where you ABSOLUTELY have to love EVERYTHING about a pin to pay these prices. I love EVERYTHING about this pin.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#398 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope that is true. It would be awesome for pinball if JJP was able to sell close to 100 CEs of dialed in. What wonderful news for the health of our hobby that would be.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No, I'm serious. If 100 people are buying the CE that means the hobby is still growing and healthier than ever. I honestly figured the CE would do under 20 sales.
I'd love to see JJP thrive and DI set some modern sales records (not likely at the price point I know, but would be awesome to see).

Well, we'll agree to disagree. 100 hoarder , speculator or "money is no object" types are a handful of people already in the hobby. These 100 sales represent no growth.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

o you guys feel it would be a healthier sign for the pinball hobby if none sold than 100 sold? I don't understand the position you guys are taking fully.

Yes. That would mean there are 100 more sane people who refuse to spend a ridiculous amount on a game they (probably) haven't played . A 100 people who refuse to be taken advantage of by companies doing shit like this to see if it works. I wish you would explain how 100 people buying into phony manufactured rarity is "good for the hobby". Do you define the hobby by how much extra profit a company can squeeze out of a title through "get it before it's gone" marketing? I don't get how this CE does remotely anything for "the hobby".

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It is also an income for some, you must remember this, not JUST a hobby. I hope more operators come on board again.
It is good for the hobby aspect too as it provides stoke and makes sure it continues on ( till the next one )
Not insane or sane, thats life Dude.

I agree. Operators are good "for the hobby". While it's a living for operators, their games are out there being played and enjoyed - and I would argue that that is something that's "good for the hobby", as anyone playing games on location could be considered part of the hobby. When games are this expensive, that means less location games, which means less public exposure, which IMO = not good for the hobby. Less of the public will be part of the Dialed In experience due to the games expense.

I can only speak for my experience, but I don't think there is one JJP game on location in the Los Angeles area. I was at Button Mash last nite - all Sterns and older titles. I think 82 is the same. When I was in Portland I think I saw 2 WOZ's...no Hobbits and a ton of Sterns and older games.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hear what you guys are saying and don't disagree the higher prices are bad long term (they suck, I'm only going to buy one NIB this year down from three last year).

Last NIB I bought was 2014 (Lebowski) and I don't have it yet lol. 2016 was gonna be GB but I cancelled. Only games I bought in 2016 were a used project RBION & a HUO Hobbit Smaug. My Lebowski is built and will be here as soon as they pack up the container - hoping it'll be in Jan or Feb, so I'm sorta getting 1 NIB this year! ...but I don't see myself buying anything else this year.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I agree with what you are saying -- I just wanted this post to be about the CE model and I wanted to post my comments -- I had the #12 locked in from the start -- BUT...JOE will even agreed to this -- I have always been on the bubble and have made it very clear with him that I wanted to see where JJP was going with the extras -- It was up to the last week that I decided that I was 100% in after my talk with Jack and Jen and Jack made it clear that the shooter housing and coin box would be powder coated and that the CE topper would be exclusive to the CE Owners and any other topper would be a different style. I agree with that 100% and that was what made me 100% in becasue I have said that from the start that the Coin Door and shooter housing should be powder coated -- SHIT ...Even the LE Models should be done - in regards to powder coating -- But hey... if they don't -- I guess Matt with Back Alley will just be making more money off of me ( I have been keeping him busy here lately)
But Yes the the other items and the what I was told -- I was in -- I dont give a shit about the chicken dinner or lunch or the Expo preview of #4 game. That has NO VALUE to this game. It is just a bonus -- to some that will not even matter because they will not be able to get to the lunch or maybe they don't go the the expo so it will not matter to those that do not use it.

Holy shit dude, seek help. If you committed to $12,500 for something you don't even comprehend - well boo-fucking-hoo. We all told you it was cash grab sucker fishing ...and you got hooked. Now shut up & enjoy your game.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He said 150 were sold.

That's a nice even number. I have a feeling not that many were sold, and they rounded up to sell to retailers down the road in case there are future requests.

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Also, I thought "only" 30 SLE of Batman were being made? (and 15k was the MSRP, not sure on actual price). When did they change that?

A few weeks after announcing 30 they changed it to 80. LE was supposed to be 120, and they changed it to 240. That's why 120 are named after episodes, and 120 are named after gadgets.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Missed that announcement, thank you. Were all 80 by invitation only? And do we know 100% for certain all 80 sold? Just curious. Thanks.

Apparently they all sold, by invitation or from choosing people's applications. Not sure they all sold through, though...some retailers might have grabbed a few.

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Some like Ruby with the improved LCD HD

What does this mean? Does the Ruby Red have a better monitor in the backbox? Or are you talking about the crystal ball?

7 months later
#760 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I don't get it....beside a slightly different backglass and headbox decals. And the trim colour... Is there meant to be anything visually different about this?

Obvious cash grab is obvious cash grab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.