AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Fancy Pants Checklist:

Use nicer wood for the cabinet.

Customized apron that can lightup in sync with the game.

Powder coat or chrome everything - the habitrails, coinbox, bolts, screws, mechanisms, ball rails. Have options for chrome, black, brass, or a "quantum haze" color.

A topper with an led stock ticker thingy that interacts with the phone app and lets you post customized messages. Could also show scores and game info during gameplay.

Clear coat or plus in someway the in-game toys like the drones, robot lady, subway station.

Fiber optic light show on the backglass, coindoor, cabinet, or anywhere it might look awesome.

That sounds like $2k or more in extra shit.

But there needs to be something really special besides just rarity for JJP to sell more than a just a few of these. Has to look gorgeous but also have a feature or two unique to the code or game play.

3 weeks later
#115 7 years ago

Based on Jack's recent comments from Florida the CE will include "experiential items" which would be things like a phone call with Pat Lawlor or a trip to the JJP factory. No specific experiences were announced though.

I don't think they're going to be cramming $3500 worth of additional bling into the machine.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So this is really going to be a "thing" now? Meet and greet Adam West? Phone calls with Pat Lawlor? It really seems like a stretch that these are the things you get at these prices in a new pinball machine.
And I get it, the prices have gone so high for new games that manufacturers are scrambling to try and increase the perceived value of them, but I thought it was a bad idea when Stern did it. I'll think the same if Jack does it. I await the first time I get haggled on a game and they say "Hey, you talked to Pat, I'm not paying extra for that".

People like feeling special and unique and these experiences can offer that for a pinball nerd. It doesn't hurt the buyers of a standard edition so I don't see any fairness or other issues. If a few people think a Lawlor lunch is worth $3500 than great for them. If it makes JJP more money and gets more exposure than that's cool too.

I think these Dialed-In CEs will be very rare (under 100 made, or less) and the owners will almost never sell. The LE is the version to buy if you want powder coating and a little more bling. Standard is thankfully missing no features and I think that points to JJP doing these money grab versions properly. The way Stern is doing it by removing loads of game features doesn't sit well with me.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Your Joking === Right? Come one -- Cant be serious? Tell me that I am being punked.....

I'm just paraphrasing what Jack himself said on video this week. I don't think he was punking us. If you want the most loaded version I think it's gonna be the LE. The CE might got a touch more bling or a plaque or something but I wouldn't hold my breath for much more.

2 weeks later
#209 7 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yeah I really don't get it. Your collection shows that you own at least $100,000 in pins, if it's accurate. But you're wondering if you should spend a couple grand more for the CE? If I had that kind of money to throw into pins, I wouldn't even blink at a couple grand.

People with lots of money also tend to be people who pinch pennies.

1 week later
#242 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Love the ideas! Yeah I always have to send my coin doors off for matching powder coating...just completes the look! Man I really wish they would go back to the wood apron topper like on Woz ECLE...TH would have been even more impressive with it...Just looks so much sleeker....

Seems like it's an opportunity for someone to setup shop selling wooden apron mods.

5 months later
#719 6 years ago

Anyone know if JJP will sell the toppers to non-CE owners?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?tu=flippyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.