AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I have to agree. The Collector's edition should include something extra and not just lunch with Elvis. Maybe something extra on the playfield and something special in the software.

Question.... how common has it been historically to have more advanced/enhanced software for the different versions of a game (standard/pro, premium/le, ce, etc.). If you combined more advanced playfields (like Stern) ALONG with some clear differentiations in code, I think companies could much better sell the value proposition of going with the exclusive packages. There's real value in more modes, etc. What are some of the best examples of games that have had clear value adds from a code standpoint on the higher end (le/ce) versions?

1 week later
#281 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

It would help me decide if I knew in writing they would powder coat the coin door and back box hinges along with the legs, lockdown bar etc. Your correct, this pricey pin needs to stand out in line ups that are already shinning in pretty powder coats of all rainbow colors. Fully powder coated on all metal will make it shine!!
The laser cut rails really should be flipper button covering, so the nose pickers and runny noses' remnants can be fully cleaned with a disinfectant. LOL.
Think of Frank Lloyd Wright and how he always wanted the door handle to be inviting, as it is the first touch experience to the user/visitor. Same can be true for start and flipper buttons, IMHO. Dirty, gross flipper buttons are not inviting.

Full powder coating and i would upgrade to CE.

1 week later
#359 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With two days left how many here have sent in their deposits for a DI CE? And out of those how many know exactly what they will be getting?
Inquiring minds want to know.

I upgraded from LE to CE today.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are the CE's going to be the first off the line?

That's a good question. I don't know for sure. Anybody?

#436 7 years ago

Anybody actually tried to order a CE after the Dec 31st deadline?

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

You want to know what is Bullshit - We will probably not even really know the true number -- This was suppose to be announced. Everyone had to have their orders in and deposits paid by the 31st -- I know that Joe did that for me to make sure that mine was locked in before I even sent him my check, and he just so happen got my check on the 31st -- So what is the number?
It does not really matter to some extent -- But ...again it is JJP (and I am not saying that this is up to Jack) but JJP should have that number and it should be announced -- I think it really matters more to those that place their orders and we would like to know how many was sold for our own knowledge and what was the number - I am thinking about 80 to 100. I would say more than 30 for sure --
But I hope that JJP makes that announcement this week.

I would be very disappointed if each CE didn't say "#x of yyy". You don't think that will be the case? Thought this was the whole premise of a "limited edition" of anything

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I would bet that if anyone called jack on Jan 23rd and said they wanted a CE for 12500 they would get one. The Dec 31 deadline means nothing until they ship. There is absolutely no way jjp would walk away from that money.

I don't believe they Are this deceitful. That would be really piss poor form on their part and very easy to get out.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

I see lots of improvement in game build quality, I do. I would agree with that. Hobbit is much better than WOZ and I can see how DI may very well be even better than Hobbit. But I see no improvement in how JJP conducts business (yet). I still feel like there are numerous deceptive statements made by the company and if anyone wants to make a side bet as to whether or not JJP announces another special edition of DI in the future, I'll take that bet.
I have this vivid memory of listening to Jack back at Michigan Pinball Expo in 2012 (I believe) where someone had asked about the regular edition of WOZ and whether they could get the green powder-coated armor put on it. Jack stated something along the lines of "however you want it, we'll add it!." You want Invisiglass? We'll add it. You want green powder-coated armor? We'll add it. As an ECLE pre-order I was thinking, wait a minute, these things aren't specific to the ECLE?? Hence, my question here in regards to the topper and how you would feel if it's sold as an extra for other models.

Good post. Having started a business, I can understand Jack's tendency (and maybe even desperation early on) to re-purpose a "widget" at low cost to drive additional sales. However, unfortunately for this industry, you can't have it both ways when trying to capitalize on limited edition models that collectors value based on their exclusivity.

As iceman44 pointed out they really should have just named the MAXIMUM number they are going to make and announced that from the get go (and it's hard for me to give a Longhorn credit for anything ). Saying that, I don't have a huge problem with the Dec 31st deadline deal...kind of made it a little interesting/intriguing for me...not sure why.

I decided to go with the CE for the following reasons:
1. I fully understand that this will be a depreciating asset
2. Love the thought of JJP build quality combined with Pat's design talent
3. Based on feedback from most, it could end up being very limited and if they do it right and don't re-purpose other "more exclusive" models that could be interesting.
4. I think this game is critically important to the future of JJP (not only in terms of sales $$ but in establishing a better reputation for HOW they are selling). They are likely betting the future viability of their company on this game (IMO) so I'll put some chips alongside theirs. Let's do it JJP. Don't eff it up!

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP should just abandon the notion of "collectible" and "limited"
2500 of anything is not limited. Neither is 1000 for that matter

Are you saying just make a single version of each game. With the overhead to build the quality of games they build, what do you think the sweet spot price would be to allow them to turn a profit but not price their potential buyers out of the market? This certainly would simplify things but I think all the "buzz" about the different models is worth something to them (even though some/most of if may be negative). Look at me.... all this debate about the CE is the very thing that made me get one.

Oh, and completely agree on the 2500/1000 not being limited in any form or fashion.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP should simply have just put a number on the CE
50? 100? He was so worried about missing a potential sale for them that he just couldn't put a number on it.
Make the LE limited to a maximum of 500. And add some different LE versions. Maybe 300 of 3 different versions.
The rest, unlimited standards.
An LE for JJP means absolutely nothing to me and I own one
Now the CE, define it and truly limit it, pretty simple
You've got the true collectible. I just wish the differentiation would have been greater from the other models

Good thoughts and completely agree. That would make so much more sense and be more appealing to the collector while not limiting sales on the model most are going to buy anyway. Will be interesting to see how this works out for them and how they choose to approach it next time.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You will get this in two ways. Signed plak by Jack and Pat . And a plate of some sort on coin door. This info is on website.

Ahh...I see that now on the features matrix PDF (below).

2017-01-04_10-13-22 (resized).jpg2017-01-04_10-13-22 (resized).jpg

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The first ones may have been limited and numbered, but they aren't any longer. Another one of Jack's switcheroo's.

Yeah, that is total BS to put out a numbered Limited Edition and then slightly tweak, re-brand it and re-sell. Not cool at all.

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Misleading the buying public is bad business in the long term. The hard cutoff date of December 31st was a hype tactic that didn't work. They should have said, "we're taking preorders to evaluate demand until December 31st. At that point, we'll finalize the CE run size and lock the number in at that point. There may be a few available after we finalize the number, but extras will be limited and we won't increase the number after we've settled. To ensure you get one for sure, you'll need to preorder or get your order in very soon after the final run amount has been announced."
This gives JJP wiggle room to increase the run based on projected ability to sell while still giving people reason to preorder for peace of mind.

Very well put. JJP needs to hire you

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

First, I like all pinball and have been playing off and on for about 40 years. In the last few years I’ve gotten more involved in the hobby. I purchased a great Twilight Zone which is one of my favorites and the only machine I own so far. It’s a great hobby and I like to play all kinds of different machines with both licensed and original themes. I've been reading all of the threads and posts concerning Dialed In and the other new games being released for quite some time now. I am in on the Dialed In CE and I'm excited about it at this point. I was in early and nothing I've read or observed anywhere has made me regret that decision at this point.
The theme is fine with me as I'm more interested in a fun game, original or otherwise, built great, and with lots going on versus a licensed game with poor or incomplete code and poor build quality. For many, especially the younger crowd, many of these themes based on older shows and bands may as well be original themes. They don’t know the difference in many cases anyway. I’m a huge Lawlor fan based on playing his games over the years and more importantly, I trust that he and his team will produce a great game.
Stern, the big boy in this market, is pumping out games left and right and I have played most of them. Metallica and ST were fun but the others (TRON, TWD, GOT, WWE, KISS, GB, MUSTANG), did not really impress me. It almost felt like I was playing the same games with different artwork. In fairness, once I learn the games a bit more and understand the rules better, I will probably like them better in some cases. In fact, I discovered I prefer STTNG to the new one. I was a crazy Kiss fan as a kid but for me, the theme and the songs are completely worn out. BM66 was funny to see (haven’t played it) as it brought back memories for me from my young days of sitting in front of the old TV watching that show. Unfortunately, the build quality with Stern is an obvious issue based on some of what I have seen and the numerous reports. I have quite a bit of experience in the electronics manufacturing industry and some of what I have seen in person and read on here regarding their games is just tough to grasp. I hope they get that worked out but honestly, they should clearly know better. They are the elders in this business after all. To be fair, I have not been to their factory, but it’s hard to see how some of those issues get out the door. Also, I have not seen any numbers to show just how bad these issues really are. That doesn’t diminish the significance to the folks with them though. Quality assurance is not rocket science here folks. At this point, I would not feel confident about buying a NIB from them. In my opinion, they should slow down, produce fewer games, and focus on build quality and code.
I liked DP’s TBL but the games I had a chance to play were not working properly so again, it appeared quality may be an issue with DP as well. DP, HW, and Spooky are all new, so in my opinion, they get a pass to some degree as long as they make a sincere effort to provide resolution to their customers and improve their processes. Alien looks great and I’m looking forward to playing it. I do hope they are all successful as it’s great to have a variety of manufacturers in the market.
As for JJP, I own none of their games but have played WOZ and Hobbit numerous times. They are two completely different games and the pins I played were great. Solidly built and fun to play. I was shocked to only obtain a score of couple thousand points on WOZ the first few times and thought it was bad but it was just me. I have not played Dialed in or seen it in person. However, a couple things stand out about JJP and Dialed In. They had games ready to play at the reveal that got played to death and did not break down from the reports I read. Pat and team designed this game over a long period of time from the ground up taking many things such as maintenance into consideration. As many have stated, as it’s an original theme, everything is designed from scratch essentially. That’s another factor in cost. Additionally, the game at level 257 is reportedly being checked and updated by Lawler himself. They are letting it get beat to hell by everyone under the sun to see where it fails. All that before production. That’s no surprise to me with regard to Pat. That is why I chose as my second pin ever and only NIB ever – Dialed In.
In regard to the CE and the list of features, I agree with others that the game needs to have some things that the lower level games do not and can never have. After all, this is a “Collector’s Edition”. A Custom topper, custom code with special enhancements, playfield extras, of course numbered X/X would all be cool and some of that is included as of now. I like the signed stuff and that’s cool for me as well. The lunch is really not a benefit as most will not be able to do that but it’s nice for the locals and others who can make that trip. I would like to hang out with the team for a while and learn something about the game and industry from the guys in it. Another great benefit would have been white glove shipping at no charge for CE buyers only.
In closing, I rarely post but decided to go ahead in this thread about the CE. I appreciate all the great info and opinions shared on Pinside and really enjoy it. I hope everyone enjoys their games, receives a resolution to their issues, and the quality they deserve with any of their purchases.
For me, I’m going all in on Dialed in and hope it’s everything I think it will be.

This pretty much sums up my reasons for making a bet on JJP and Dialed In CE. Feeling even better about my decision after getting my BM66 premium yesterday. I'm not bashing 66 but the production quality is questionable, no code, etc. it will be a good game I'm sure but not at 7,600+. Theme aside, I think Getting a DI LE at 9K vs BM66 should an easy choice for most buyers from a value perspective. I don't really give a damn about themes. Never seen any of the Batman movies and owned TDK and BM66

1 month later
#552 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think most quickly realized what the CE was when the manufacturer couldn't even tell you what would be included.

Hmmm... DICE at 12.5 or BM66SLE at 15. I like my chances

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

none worth the extra money grab especially bat crap.

I think resell value will be the determining factor of whether or not either of these is a "money grab." So far, not looking so good for BM66.

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

It's bad enough they charged 12.5k for a game with virtually no differences, but at least keep it limited. They should have left it to < 15 or whatever the true number of buyers was on Dec 31.
Only reason a distro would buy IMO is if they were getting giant discounts ( maybe 1k over LE ) to help give the appearance these were actually selling. I personally think DI looks cool, but the CE was a crock of shit.

So, are you saying they are continuing to sell CE games past Dec 31? If so, can you provide some proof on that?

2 weeks later
#566 7 years ago

And??? Didn't any distributor have the right to order as many DICE as they like before dec 31?

2 months later
#694 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Yes Australia has 2 unsold ce at present

What do you mean they were unsold? If they were sold to distributors those games are still sold. perhaps that is not what you are saying.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i believe he is saying that the Australian distributor ordered some CE, so they are technically sold out from JJP, but not sold to the end customers yet.
It's the same thing that happens with all of the Stern Limited Editions. Stern announces a game, within a couple of days they are "sold out," but the truth is that Stern has sold all of them, not that the distributors are sold out. Same applies to concerts, sporting events, cruises, etc. The main company may be sold out, but dealers, distributors, resellers, etc have some left to sell to the general public (usually at higher than msrp prices.

I understand but it seems like some folks are discrediting the viability/success of the CE because some (or maybe even many) were purchased by distributors. From the JJP perspective and when measuring how successful presales are going why does it matter if a CE was purchased by a distributor vs. the end consumer? It's all the same to JJP, isn't it? Understanding that both distributors and end consumers can still back out of the commitment I'm assuming.

3 months later
#758 6 years ago

FWI, Got the call and made final payment today. Was told my game was one of the first and currently in testing. Waiting on another piece for playfield protection before shipment.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Well I'm not trying to say that. I am trying to find out if I missed something... People saying they are waiting to see what the final product looks like...
Hasnt it ready been shown?

I haven't seen or played any version of the game and not an expert by any stretch but you can see the full product version matrix on JJP Website. Maybe also a custom topper that can't be purchase aftermarket and some additional code? I know it's prob not easy from a production/design standpoint but real code enhancements in limited edition models would help drive sales. While pissing off other non LE owners I'm sure. I just wanted to support a company for taking a risk on a non licensed theme with Pat Lawlor. I know I'll be happy with my investment

#765 6 years ago

Ok, perhaps a poor choice of words. How about "rapidly depreciating asset"? Does that make you feel better?

2 weeks later
#813 6 years ago

Got the email today that mine is shipping as well. Have never seen or played one (intentionally). Can't wait

#858 6 years ago

Mine supposed to arrive between 1 and 4 today. Thanks for all the pics guys.

#859 6 years ago

As these start coming can we create a list of all the things that are unique to the CE? Had a friend ask me and really didn't know the answer! Of course, I've seen the feature matrix but it would be nice to have a final, more detailed list. Is there anything different on the play field?

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

So far I've noticed
Topper
Armor color
Cut side rails

What about back glass and decals?

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Still SHOCKED at the $3k premium over the LE for these extra features.
Just sayin'.

I'd agree completely if that was the case. That's why I'm looking for a complete detailed list. Supposed to be some code differences which has the potential to be valuable depending on what it is. Here are the differences in the apron and the back glass (not debating on what is better or "worth it" just what is different).

DI-CEvsLE-Apron (resized).jpgDI-CEvsLE-Apron (resized).jpg
DI-CEvsLE-Backglass (resized).pngDI-CEvsLE-Backglass (resized).png

DI-CSvsLE-RadCals-And-SideRails (resized).pngDI-CSvsLE-RadCals-And-SideRails (resized).png

#866 6 years ago

I was under the impression that the only difference in the code would be a unique Attract Mode screen, similar to how WOZ75 has an Attract Mode screen that is not in the other WOZ editions. But I could definitely be wrong!

I have no idea honestly. That would be pretty lame, if so. If this is the case, they shouldn't market "upgraded software" or whatever the term was in the price/feature matrix.

#872 6 years ago

Not seeing this in any of the official flyers. They only mention "Special Attract Mode animation for Collector's Edition (and Limited Edition)"
Maybe i'm missing it.

2017-09-22_13-00-41 (resized).jpg2017-09-22_13-00-41 (resized).jpg

#873 6 years ago

sneak peek of office ...Grand Opening is in two weeks
more photos to follow...I got to get back to work...lol

I can assure you that, if I was local, you would get every cent of my plumbing and electrical business. Just awesome.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Question are LE buyers supposed to get a printed manual?

I have no idea. I honestly don't know jack sh** about what the differences are other than what I've seen on the new pics posted and in the flyer above.

#882 6 years ago

yeah...tell me how to get the topper to work...its not coming on

From Jen:

"Hi All -

Congrats on your recent purchase ! - Please be advised there will be a software update provided to you in the next 2-3 weeks which will enable your topper to light up. We apologize for the inconvenience! Thank you for your support and please let me know if you have any other questions Have a nice weekend!

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Oh, and the following was listed under version 1.0 (Game Code section):
* Added CE-specific features
Not sure what that means exactly since it is so vague.

Interesting info. Thank you. Just an additional mode or something would be really neat. It must be a total PITA to manage different code bases in pinball or something (and I'm a software engineer...a crappy one but still one ). Surprised we don't see this more of this. Either way, I'm really happy with my choice and what JJP put together for this CE model.

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I am sure your DICE would look great next to your insanely awesome White Water

Thanks @brucipher... Chris is the best.

#932 6 years ago

Finally got around to looking at the box in my garage for my DICE. Did not request a number and look what showed up .

IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

I've got to say this is easily one of my favorite pins already.

Completely agree. As everybody says...it's just fun as hell to play and hands down best light show I've ever seen. One question. Finally set mine up but cannot unlock the back box for the life of me!!! I remember reading about this issue somewhere else. Anybody know what the issue/trick is? Thanks!! Craig

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

The back box keys are not on the key ring, they’re attached to the inside of the coin door.

Yes, I know Should have stated which set of keys I was using.

Quoted from frolic:

I had to do the same trick as I read some others on Pinside with the backbox... unscrew the lock from the head, then refasten. Then it was ok and not getting caught.

Thank you. Will try this!

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That brings me to this last comment You guys spent so much money on that game. You should not have been made to wait so long before you got yours. Taking into consideration of all the differences between the LE to the CE there should not have been so long of a wait especially since you guys did pay a lot more.

I'm sure others feel differently but I completely disagree. I feel that the highest end models should always go out last. Matter of fact that would be a value add for me when trying to justify the additional cost. They learn things from early releases and then incorporate those into later development and production. And for me personally drawing out my enjoyment of this hobby is important. Never in a rush to own every title right way including new games...need things to look forward to and this was certainly the case with DI. Could have taken another 6 months and I wouldn't have cared...so much else to enjoy playing and restoring. Like a good vacation having things to look forward to is rewarding

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I can't believe that Jack missed an opportunity to reward his CE buyers with more.

I think most purchasing this version know what they are getting and aren't looking to justify the $3,500 of value tit for tat. Doesn't mean its a smart investment or will come anywhere close to holding its value. It's a vanity project in most all cases anyway. The translite is also different on the CE and I happen to like it a lot better but I'm sure that's completely subjective as well. I'd make the same decision 100 times over on this one.

Quoted from kapper:

Stern looked so bad after the Batman 66 Super LE fiasco

These two aren't even comparable. JJP put them to shame with what they released for around the same price....wait, was BM66 Super LE $15K?

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I think a few surprises added to the CE would have encouraged a few more on the fence buyers on future games.

I've only played like 5 games on it but my main disappointment would be with the "Customized software" that was included in the feature matrix. If this wasn't at least something similar to the Daft Punk deal on Tron LE I think this would be misleading and unfortunate. Custom code on LE/CE models would be the one thing near impossible to reproduce.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I get the armor and the topper, and I guess the translite is different, plus being signed by Pat is pretty bad ass - weren't there some other "CE-exclusive" benefits though? Were those ever clarified?

I'll be posting pics from the bowling alley in my bad ass Dialed In jacket.

#957 6 years ago

Heads up on something that happened on my game. The monitor was not seated correctly in the left hand metal bracket and was protruding too far forward. This caused a misalignment of the monitor in the back glass and also scraped off the art on the translite. JJP has been very responsive and shipping a new back glass ASAP. I was able to reseat the monitor in the left bracket myself.

Just FYI.

IMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPG

IMG_0103 (resized).JPGIMG_0103 (resized).JPG

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No translight... real backglass....

Gotcha. Wrong terminology. Whatever that print is that is applied to the glass.

Quoted from bigd1979:

The ce actually came with a good bit more /different and some nice perks imo.

The mirrored back glass is really nice IMO

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, are you going to put in a ticket for a new one since yours is damaged?

They have already shipped me a new one. Great service

1 week later
#1025 6 years ago

Hey guys,

This is my first JJP game. What is the best way to tap into 12V power for mods on DICE? BladeFury what did you use to power your shooter housing and leg lights? Thanks!! Craig

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

All my add on's I us a 12volt 5amp power supply to run them in my machines!

And this power supply plugs into the 110V plug at the front right of the cab? I just ordered a few of these guys: ebay.com link: itm

Thanks BladeFury

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

EBay can't remember which one because we got them for work we had to do....

BladeFury .... I was able to get my 12V/5A power source set up. It plugs into the AC outlet on the power box in front right of cab. The problem is that even when the game is OFF the new power source is still on and sends power to the mods. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance...Craig

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

(this is based on B/W games, but I believe JJP games are the same way) You'll need to rewire the power box to insert the outlet *after* the power switch. The outlet bypasses the switch normally, so you can plug in a tool and work on the game without it being on. But for mods, you want it in line with the switch. It's not a hard change, you just need to open the power box and snip and join a couple of wires.

Ok, thank you. That makes sense. Any links to specific instructions on exactly what to do?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

now you may not want to do that to your beautiful DICE, so you can use a relay, or buy a power splitter that plugs into the molex connector coming out of the power box.

Is there a 3 pin 12V molex connector in the cab on JJP games for plugging in mods? I don't see a molex connector coming out of power box. This was the whole reason i added the external power supply but perhaps I'm way over complicating this.

Thanks all. -- Craig

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The molex connector I was talking about is the cube that's connecting to the main power for the game. You'd have to split off of that - I think it's 9 pins. (sorry, I'm not at home right now)
here's a link to a thread which discusses doing this mod. It is for adding a powered subwoofer, but the point about the service outlet is the same:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-sub-addition#post-465272

Thank you for the link. Yikes...I'm not skilled enough to 100% understand exactly what he did.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Wow I like the idea of the pin sitting a little lower to match my height. Wonder if potc can be ordered that way?

You know what, I'm like 6' 1" and was puzzled as to why the game was so short but have grown to really like it at this height. You can really get on top of the game. They should maybe consider making the leg height fit to order. 28" vs 30"

BladeFury I'm sure you have better things to do but I would be really grateful for instructions on how to change around power box to accommodate the power supply that turns off when game is off. Here is a pic of what I've done so far.

IMG_0799 (resized).JPGIMG_0799 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#1084 6 years ago

Lost a bet and currently on way to bar in this beauty.

142B4277-0A25-4549-92F3-1C188C7B31EA (resized).jpeg142B4277-0A25-4549-92F3-1C188C7B31EA (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

In addition to the other differences noted here, there are some software changes in the CE version. I detailed them in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-ce-extra-code#post-4177506
--Ted

I was pretty bummed about the "Customized Software" matrix item for the CE. Don't know if it was intentional or not but felt it was a little (or very) misleading. Thought for sure there would be an extra disaster mode, extra mini-wizard mode, extra/different call-outs (or something to that effect)...I'm not saying all of these items but at least one of them. I know non CE/LE folks get very bent out of shape when talks of "differing software" comes up but I think this would be a huge selling point for CE/LE editions assuming that sales of these higher end models are a priority. If they are worried about hurting sales for the lower end models then i bet they are going to have to rethink the $3,500 difference. I also realize that maintaining different code bases add a lot of complexity.

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

What does the "Laser cut side armor" look like?

94FCFE06-65F5-4E42-B275-6DB9C20BFB06 (resized).jpeg94FCFE06-65F5-4E42-B275-6DB9C20BFB06 (resized).jpeg

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I understand where you're coming from regarding something "more special" software-wise for a CE game. Here's my personal take on the situation (not speaking for my employer):
* If I come up with some extra mode or rule for the game it is likely going to go one of two ways - 1) The rule is "meh", so there isn't all that much added special-ness. 2) The rule is cool, and I'll want to include it in the code for all games for everyone to enjoy.
* Extra/different speech calls would be straightforward to implement, but I wonder how noticeable they would be. I'm also a little bit at a loss for what would be appropriate. Should Crazy Bob say "Enjoy your new phone, you crazy big spender!" ?
--Ted

I think the Daft Punk multiball in Tron Le is the best example I know of. The callouts idea was dumb...I get that. I agree that it would be tempting to put good code in all your game levels but the point here is trying to drive uniqueness and demand for the higher priced games. This is only assuming that the big ticket games are important to your bottom line. If they aren’t and differentiation is minimal, it won’t be sustainable at 12.5k, IMO, which may be perfectly ok for JJP. You throw a really slick extra mode, multiball or wizard mode in a game and you’ve got my attention for the extra $3,500

#1131 6 years ago

I literally just noticed my QED guy doesn't have lightning bolts. Looked in goodie bag thinking they maybe didn't ship with them intentionally but nothing. This happen to anyone else?

IMG_1621 (resized).jpgIMG_1621 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Ok, question for DICE owners or anyone else with the playfield protector.
Have you removed it or considering removing it due to impacted game play?
On mine, ball gets stuck in two different spots and the phone shot with that and the hole protector is pretty rough.
I think the game would play better without it.
I've considered a couple options to try to correct without pulling it but thought I would consult the group.

Ive got DICE and would pull it. I don’t get playfield protectors though. That level of paranoia about these machines which are meant to be played would kill my enjoyment

#1241 5 years ago

[edit: this was supposed to go into potcce thread. Sorry guys]
Finally all setup. Two #69s side by side.

77295864-A9C0-497F-8090-E060EA0822AB (resized).jpeg77295864-A9C0-497F-8090-E060EA0822AB (resized).jpegB6FCD183-53C8-4B7A-9B8D-D7D6D52967C4 (resized).jpegB6FCD183-53C8-4B7A-9B8D-D7D6D52967C4 (resized).jpeg

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What the hell happened to your POTC CE?? Where is all the custom barnacle???

(Edit: sorry guys. Meant to post this in potcce forum)

I had them leave off and ship separately. Was going to have Matt customize them if I didn’t like the way they looked. Still thinking about it.

1 month later
#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Per JJP, production of DICE was limited to the number of customer orders received by midnight December 31, 2016.
Does anyone know how many DICE were manufactured?

Good question.... would love to know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.