AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am just waiting for the results that will be in the CE...Sure it is going to be nice -- I hope.

Keep waiting, I believe you will disappointed, there is little rhyme or reason to this edition other than a cash grab for a few suckers.

1 week later
#121 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you like it....youll love it!
If you are one that doesnt because, of name, theme, etc...its likely not for you to own, but well
worth it, to play, and enjoy a lifetimes worth of work and experience from Pat and Team, as it appears
110% of heart and effort is there.
Its simply a stunning progression in the JJP lineup, that gives me the hope, and personal wishes
to everyone at JJP, to continue making more!

Aaaaand would you recommend a collectors edition for an extra $3,500. What if Pat Lawlor gave you a back rub wile you played. Jack maybe holds your drink next to you with 10 encouraging words/game(limit 3 games of course for each CE buyer)?

I like the game a lot too and excited to get this thing out but to stay on topic there is jack s$*t to justify this extra price on CE still. I honestly hope they sell none to get these stupid ideas out of manufacturers heads that these ridiculous priced Super LE or CEs is even remotely a cool idea. Total nonsense that is taking the already sketchy idea of LE games to a new level of greed and stupidity. Just my humble and totally accurate opinion of course.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My point was no where near the discussion of the value of an upgrade, or how you or anyone else spends their money.
What an insane discussion that is, if it is "worth" the extra money.
People pay $10,000 for a printed paper baseball card.
People pay $10,000 for a diamond.....nothing more than a polished rock.

Comparing other "stupid" ways people spend money and pinball does not really do much for me, it's all relative. It's all a stupid amount of money and I will continue to make my focus as it relates to pinball as this is a pinball forum and a discussion on the CE in particular for JJP. I respect you and everything you've done in this hobby and obviously your opinions are your own but I hold little respect to people bringing in outside comparisons as they don't really apply to this discussion. There are obviously 1000s or more of comparisons that can be made to outside things we all spend money on, I'm keeping the focus here, on pinball and the greed that is taking over with respect to new manufacturers.

#145 7 years ago

BUMP
COME ON JJP -- REALLY MAKE THIS ONE HAPPEN ... I AM READY. What is it going to include?

Limited edition CE key chain of which only 1000 will be made and later distributed to everyone else who buys an LE and a standard, so they'll make more to cover the shortage.

#153 7 years ago

I am still hopeful for a good outcome on this CE Version -- I know it can all be put into the game, I mod up my games all the time and spend thousands extra on each game sometimes -- I know it is a matter of taste and the the low numbers of these being made -- that will also say something for this edition -- Just want to see what they come up with -- I am really curious on this one.

I'm fairly certain I have not seen a thread of someone trying to convince themselves of their decision being a good one and looking for someone else to root them on. I have said it blatantly I think you're crazy and it's a waste of money for suckers but here's to hoping I'm wrong and if you feel good about your decision at the end of the day, more power to ya. I refuse to continue to enable these manufacturers from sucking more an more money out of these already expensive games and not giving even remotely close enough extra to ever justify it. I'm excited to get a Dialed In but less than thrilled with the recent BS of manufacturers and these super LE or CE, blah blah editions. Getting stale.

Not to mention now on both previous titles JJP has released ANOTHER limited edition(Ruby Red and Black Arrow) after the original ones to further throw dirt at the limited aspect of any of these games that were already hardly limited to begin with. Just crappy practice in my opinion and I don't trust anything "limited" from JJP as they've now shown again they don't care even after they got roasted the first time over it, they did it again, no reason in the world to think it won't happen on Dialed In as well.

2 weeks later
#225 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't understand people trying to talk someone out of a $12K toy based on value arguments? It's not like we are evaluating a stock market purchase. If someone likes the game, wants one and has expendable income, I say buy the CE and eff what anyone else thinks.

Except he started the thread asking people's opinions and thoughts, I guess that's why they call it a forum.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Good point. Same conclusion. If someone likes the game, wants one and has expendable income, I say buy the CE and eff what anyone else thinks (and don't start this thread in the first place).

I continued to hope for a lot more and didn't see even close to enough to justify the price for me. I'll likely be sticking with my LE unless some more news comes out of tons of additional offerings related to the CE. Not looking like it tho.

1 week later
#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The thing that's so awesome about it is... get ready... no one has to order a CE if they choose not to do so.

The thing that's less awesome is....get ready.... people still will and convince manufacturers it is a good idea to keep putting out these ridiculous offerings and continue to raise prices on the "limited" editions of games. It's bad for pinball in general, just my humble opinion

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Do we have a list of everyone's ideas catalogued somewhere we can just continue adding to or compiling? Then get it sent in to Jen?

This was a list I threw out to a distributor off top of my head awhile back:
My opinions on what would make me maybe buy a CE:(My general opinion is I hate the idea and all the t-shirts signed items and little stuff in the world means next to nothing, if I am paying $3,500 more, there has to be some meat to make it worth it):

1. All their stuff about Expo and lunch and .... all a bunch of fluff to me. If they were paying for your admission to Expo and a room at hotel for the next JJP reveal and and you got some special lunch with them at that time to see and play the game well in advance or something of the sort, ok now we are getting a little value out of it. Saying you'll get in the room an hour early for the reveal and lunch with Lawlor without any details of when or how or where. Just holds no value to me, in fact it's almost insulting.

2. Adding a "frequent buyers club" or something of the sort for future games. I've now been through the ringer and stuck with them the whole way buying a WOZLE and a Hobbit LE and now one of the Dialed In LEs likely, adding some kind of discount or loyalty to their customers who stuck with them thru the first 2-3 titles and want to beyond. Discounts are #1 thing that would be nice. Free Radcals, who knows just give something back to the people who have been loyal customers. Maybe they get a massive discount to be in on this CE version or future LE versions

3. Obviously getting something more with software would be cool, just hard to be specific on this only having a handful of games on it and it not being completed yet. This one is dangerous to me though, i HATE manufacturers that give more of the game to higher paying customers. Stern flirted with that awhile back and I think it's horrible practice. An LE buyer should have the same playing game as a CE buyer in my opinion. No additional modes or mutiballs or added gameplay or really different playfields(obviously toys may change slightly but doesn't affect core rules). People paying premiums for games should not get left out from someone paying a lot more.

4. Free white glove delivery of the game. Again the much higher cost with what little is added they need something with meat, this carries some value at least of $300-$500.

5. Maybe an incentive to get code updates earlier than general public.
6. Really cool topper, not a cheesy one, something that has a WOW factor to it.
7. Custom pinball cover/protector.
8. Upgraded speakers?
9. A rug, I really enjoy my Big Lebowski rug I got from DP, obviously that was very central to the theme and the movie but it was a really cool addition that I love having in my gameroom.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

To each it's own, but have never had a bad comment like that about the coin doors on my beautiful machines!

True that and I am still kicking myself I didn't get that LOTR of yours.

#361 7 years ago

money-throw (resized).jpgmoney-throw (resized).jpg

#425 7 years ago

WAIT, DID I MISS THE DEADLINE TO BUY ONE??????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man what am I gonna d.....................
km112 (resized).jpgkm112 (resized).jpg

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

And I think this is where a lot of questioning arises with DICE

Oh man I just figured it out with you saying that, it costs that much more because it now has one of the cooler Acronyms out there(next to WOOLY and BIBLE)

#513 7 years ago

NO WAY that all 150 games are sold to collectors like me and others -- But I do hope that he sells them ...

I call BS, I can't imagine they even sold half that many to people. No way, no how.

2 months later
#592 7 years ago

Yeah...i am sorry...I was freakin pist. I just got back home from long day and got the family some MOE'S food to eat and I saw that link and I was like....WTF...Called Joe...and he did not answered left him a voice mail and quick text and rest....
Well.....
Is all posted here...lmao

Why do so many people take Xanax? (Especially those in on the CE)
Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders. It belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. It works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA).
xanax (resized).pngxanax (resized).png

1 month later
#628 7 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

curious to peoples thoughts on the playfield protector. I've never seen or had one on any of my games. Anyone out there plan on having the protector put on their DICE?

Are you admitting to being a DI'CE' owner? If I bought a CE, I'd coat it in gold so it would hold it's 15K value.

I'm in on the LE and I vow for my home use only machines I am never putting a playfield protector. These things get treated like kings anyway, dimples happen, pinballs are to be played, I'm not going overboard on them. If I had a game on route, might consider it. That's just me, I didn't freak out on the BM66 and mine was fine after 100s of games. I think you might know firsthand about that tho.

#639 7 years ago

I guess i am going to have to make a call to Jen and Jack to see if what they said is going to happen on the DI CE games. Have not heard anything and enough time has past. Hope to update in next day or so.

Enough with the level headed comments, lets get MAD!!!!

2 weeks later
#663 6 years ago

LOOOOOOUUUUD NOISES

#666 6 years ago

THERE ARE 150 CE OWNERS

I wouldn't count on that

If your a CE Owner -- Would you or do you think that JJP should have the Door Powder Coated? (might start a seperate topic)

If I was, which I'm not, I would 100% expect a powder coated coin door for the extra $ on CE. Not to mention many other things that aren't going to be given which is why I just decided to go LE.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If buying a CE (or SLE) isn't a "Hell Yeah!" personal decision, then it would have to be a no. It'll never be "worth it" other than whatever pleasure you get from a pride of ownership. If that isn't there then it's a lot of money to throw down and not feel 100% good about it.

Well said I bought Batman 66 LE and regretted it instantly falling for their cash grab. Irritated me and when the game came out with the usual code layoff from Stern I sold it within a month. Never felt right and I didn't feel it from the start,just jumped on a hype train with a new flashy toy and didn't enjoy it, ruined it for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.