AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballSTAR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay -- So I will be drinking the Kool Aid -- LOL -- Talked with Jack today ( I just could not wait and I sent an email on my views) and there is going to be more coming on the CE, Might be some minor stuff -- But more is coming-- from what I was told from Jen and Jack -- and it what they said is true and I am sure it is (unless upper management goes other direction) -- I AM IN.
I do not want to announce here because I really think that should come from JJP themselves. But I am in and my CE Number will be my favorite number #12. Which I have had on hold since the Expo launch. I will not hold Jack and Jen to their comments -- Bottom line is that I think it will take till March to really know all what is going to be in the CE Edition -- I think we need to give Jack and Others a chance to push the limits on getting all the comments and feedback and try to get as much as they can in for this amazing game.
I would like to make a request on the lunch -- Bone-In Ribeye.
Thanks to Jack for taking my call and really thanks to Jen for letting me vent for those few minutes.

Hey where's my thanks ?!? I saved that #12 for you since day 1 ! Just teasing... this was the hardest sale I ever worked for... Glad to have you aboard buddy !

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

40 units?
No way. Distributors can order as many as they want. Like the Smaug editions.
I am sure there will be at least 100.
They wont just order 1 for every refundable deposit. They will order more and have stock latecomers.

I'm one of the larger distributors and yes that's most likely what I'm doing - ordering only the number I sold by 12/31... Why would I order more ? If anyone does you can bet they are doing it to gouge you at $ 15,000 later like a tool. If you want one best to get it now.

Hobbit Smaug was different as we already had LE games on order and were able to make a lateral move like everyone else for no extra $ at the time. This is not the case with the CE.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Fair enough, but it still is possible to order as many as you want... So I'm sure there will be more than 40 based off what another distributor told me

I don't doubt it but it won't be in large numbers. I might consider it if I want to save one for a VIP customer who comes around late. I would bet those that do order a supply are doing it to gouge you later. Not cool. This pinball speculation shit is bad enough without distributors who control the games are doing it too. I cringe when I see GB LEs for sale at 10,000 or Batman LEs at 12,500 from legit sources because you know they held them back from the buying public saying 'sold out' to those that wanted them when all along they had a secret stash to put aside and gouge later. If you want a DI CE get it now at the right price.

1 month later
#546 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I know you a good guy and trusted seller, but good god that sounds like a used car salesman line. The CE is a money grab and only people with enough money not to care are on board.

My point wasn't worded properly... My comment was meant to say I will NOT raise the price over the $ 12,500 (as crazy as that sounds), but yes there are a lot of distributors when something is sold out and they have them then the price goes up.. Not happening here. Wasn't trying to say the 'price is RIGHT', it's a lot, I get that... I think I was referring back to an older comment about anyone with them jacking the price up. Won't happen with me... I had some Rob Zombies come up when they were selling for $ 8,000 and every one I re-sold at $ 6,000 asking price. Thanks for kind comments - they still apply : )

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

My point wasn't worded properly... My comment was meant to say I will NOT raise the price over the $ 12,500 (as crazy as that sounds), but yes there are a lot of distributors when something is sold out and they have them then the price goes up.. Not happening here. Wasn't trying to say the 'price is RIGHT', it's a lot, I get that... I think I was referring back to an older comment about anyone with them jacking the price up. Won't happen with me... I had some Rob Zombies come up when they were selling for $ 8,000 and every one I re-sold was at the original $ 6,000 asking price. Thanks for kind comments - they still apply : )

1 month later
#581 7 years ago

Lol...but if it was true...i would
Be out...but that is just me. This think is expensive enough.

I second this... CHILL. I sold him his game so every time he posts here I get 5 emails and a few phone calls. Dude, I love you but please relax you're going to have a stroke. ; )

#586 7 years ago

Lol... You're killing me smalls !

I'm gonna show up at your house and wallpaper the feature matrix in your bedroom !

Every time you go haywire I'm taking something off your game. I have a feeling by the time it ships I'll be sending you a bumper cap and I'll have a whole game to re-assemble. ; )

Richard, I love your passion. We all have the pinball disease. : )

#591 7 years ago

Yeah...i am sorry...I was freakin pist. I just got back home from long day and got the family some MOE'S food to eat and I saw that link and I was like....WTF...Called Joe...and he did not answered left him a voice mail and quick text and rest....
Well.....
Is all posted here...lmao

I was sleeping... woke me up with the call and text.... so of course I was getting ready to call back and I'm thinking... hmmmm he had to post something on Pinside that's why I'm getting a call let me check that out first... of course I was right and fortunately someone set you straight first so I joined in : )
Someone's going to need a therapist before this is all over I'm just not sure if it's going to be you or me.
Again I love you Richard - you're a good dude. I stood next to you as you bid AMH # 150 up to $ 16,000 for charity for my buddy Charlie at Spooky so you can freak out and wake me up as much as you like you will always have my attention and service. Just know I'm checking Pinside first !
In other totally unrelated news : pinball distributor business up for sale to the first bidder. Must take all customers.
; )

Added over 7 years ago: Business not for sale, that was a joke. Unfortunately Richard called me concerned... LMAO ! The hits keep coming ! Richard Folks for the Pinball Hall of Fame ! My favorite customer experience ever ! (I think) : )

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

So.... the Radcals are $400 extra then?

NO - at this point just do not listen to anything Richard says. LOL Richard, you promised - one month sabbatical !!!

RAD CALS are included on the CE...

#608 7 years ago

Yes...but for the record...i never said that they would cost extra. I thought they were until Insaw that link and I was like WTF.
Now...I do feel better and need to take a break...I am hoping that JJP deliver on their promises and we will see in the end. This is very important and it will make a big difference for other future CE's if there will be any. My thing will be the powder coating and I hope they dont drop the ball on that one. It needs to be in there for the CE's. Game will be nice and I am not in any hurry...the later the better for me. I say August they will be start being delivered.
YES FOLKS...I SAID IT....AUGUST
Okay and for the lunch or dinner....Bone-In Ribeye.....But we all know it will be some kind of chicken.
Sorry Joe....had to comment just a bit there.

You are a riot... Love it... 'I'm not commenting on the Rad Cals, but that goddamn powder coating...' lol - you just can't help yourself... And trust me when this is all done you're going to love your game and I'm taking you over to Coopers Hawk Winery and Steakhouse and I'm buying you a filet mignon and a bottle of wine. I will get your drunk then drive you 5 miles from Expo hotel and drop you off as payback for Pinside torture. THEN you'll be damn happy you have your Dialed In letterman's jacket - it's cold in October baby ! But you'll complain it's not lined with sheep wool from Ireland or something. : )

1 week later
#609 7 years ago

I miss you Richard... : (

I hear they are not going to embroider your last name on the CE DI jackets... Just your first...

Cue Richard freak out in 3,2,1....

#611 7 years ago

Richard and I are buddies - talk on the phone and whatnot... We laugh our asses off at this thread, and he admits he can't help himself sometimes. But the dude's got pinball passion ! and that's a good thing... With all the negativity and drama in pinball this has been a fun thread busting each other's balls. We now go back to our regular scheduled Richard freak out...

#619 7 years ago

Now you want a damn bone in your steak ?!? That's extra.

#620 7 years ago

The JJP CE lunch got awful quiet after quiet after Richie bit into his specially prepared 'Bone in Steak with Sleeping Pill Au Jus'...

'HEY GODDAMN JACK MY JACKET ONLY HAS 7 BUTTONS I READ ON PINSIDE IT WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE 8....zzzzzzzzz'

IMG_1568 (resized).JPGIMG_1568 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#769 6 years ago

PinballSTAR has a few extra CEs availsble we bought. Interested shoot us an email at [email protected].

Also of course selling LEs and Standards !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

2 weeks later
#792 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Joe I can't afford a CE... but do you have LEs in stock right now? I may buy now if I can get a game in the house in the next 3 weeks.

Will have DI LE's in stock in a few weeks ! Email me at [email protected]... Just saw this post now sorry for delay...

#793 6 years ago

I just emailed Richie Wrench and told him his DI CE will be shipping Monday and we powdercoated the box for him ! : )~

Get ready I'm sure he will burn up this thread next week !

I'm gonna miss busting balls back and forth with Rich I kinda don't want so ship his game... : )

#805 6 years ago

PinballSTAR has 4 CEs shipping today - many more this week...

Guess whose is getting shipped today ? RICHIE WRENCH !

There's gonna be a lot of clogged shitters in Illinois come Friday, cause we know Richie ain't working !

Sorry about the powdercoating mixup - only you would take 'box' and change it to 'coin door'... You are fantastic, the fun never ends... If I could have I would have brother !

Are you ready for a deposit on #4 soon ? I'm gonna miss you for a month - I'm not going to know what to do with myself ! And I will miss being woken up by your 50 texts in a row at 1am.

Ding
'Why aren't they powdercoating the door'
Ding
'Why isn't Jack showing pictures'
Ding
I'm gonna be pissed if I get a ham sandwich for lunch for $ 12,500
Ding
Is the jacket going to have just our first name or last name too ?
Ding
'Jen said there is a swatch of Jesus' Shroud of Turin on the apron, can you confirm this ?'
Ding

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Joe your the best and love your sense of humor Thanks again for the email today on mine shipping!

Eric - can't wait for you to play your game... And everyone listen to this : Eric bought a CE and wanted the unboxing to be so special he purposefully avoided seeing a DI in person or playing one until he gets his own game. Either that or his wife won't let him go to pinball shows... take your pick...

: )~

#818 6 years ago

Awesome Rich ! Love your enthusiasm bud... We joke and bust balls, but of course I think you are the BOMB... Even opening up your games for everyone to play is great - I hope you have a great party ! The hobby needs more folks like you with incredible passion, the sense of giving back (your $ 16,000 charity bid on the AMH # 150 for Spooky), opening up your collection for everyone, and not taking yourself too seriously so we can all discuss and joke with one another about pinball without getting all stupid. You're a mighty pain in the ass at times, but I'll take you as a customer anyday... : )

PS... Everyone just so you know he text me last night again after midnight... Not joking... : )

#828 6 years ago

When is yours coming?? - I got confirmation from R&L that mine will be here between 11 and 3 on Thursday....
Shh...I have not told Joe yet -- I will text him around midnight or later tonight and let him know when it is coming......

Midnight ? Try 2:49AM !!! See people I'm not making this stuff up !!! I actually replied tonight for the first time !!! LOL

IMG_6099 (resized).PNGIMG_6099 (resized).PNG

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Yeah! I'm officially worthless to my business at this point so time to head home! Lol more to come!!!

Hooray Eric - Congrats... Can't wait to see it - I honestly haven't seen a CE yet - PICS !!!
Joe

#834 6 years ago

I want the Richie Wrench statue - God knows I earned it... you can keep the shitter.

PS. That's pretty cool - He's like your own Big Boy except with a dirty plunger instead of a burger.

bigboy (resized).pngbigboy (resized).png

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Great line up...wondering where your MMR LE, and AFMR LE are

He needs to BUY the AFMR LE and stop teasing me at 2am... : )

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Dialed In CE #99 just delivered and setup and hour ago in my game room. Sweet!
I was wondering why the topper was not lighting up when I saw a post indicating it is pending a software update. Also took note that manuals are awaiting completion. I thought there was a JJP jacket with this, anyone know what the procedure is to order it? I got on the list directly thru Jack at the Dallas Pinball Festival so if there was something on an order form, I missed it. Thx
Rich

All those details will be forthcoming...

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Cserold: I was looking through the Dialed In change logs, and noticed this in version 0.81P:
+ (Collectors Edition) Added customizable text to news ticker.
Perhaps that is part of the "Customized software"?

Here's what you can do customizing with each model of JJP game... The airplane banner in CE might not be one that was known before, not sure : )
Can I write Richie Wrench's custom ticker PLEASE ????
'PinballSTAR smashes Richie Wrench's cell phone due to 3am texting over powder-coated coin door complaint'

Here's the list....

All games, all editions (Wizard of Oz, Hobbit, Dialed In) Custom Message - displayed in attract mode
Custom Graphic - displayed in attract mode

Dialed In, all editions Custom "Selfie" Picture frame - displayed during Selfie Time

Dialed In, Collectors Edition Custom airplane banner - displayed at game start with ball sitting in shooter
Custom news ticker - one additional message inserted in the ticker crawl

#930 6 years ago

Liking what you see on the Dialed IN Collector's Edition ? We have a few available for sale...

JJP's Dialed In will be in the PinballSTAR Amusements booth at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show on Friday 9/29 and Sat 9/30 !!! ...as a matter of fact we'll have 2 !

Come play the game everyone is talking about - Pat Lawlor's original themed game - Dialed In.

We have a very few available Dialed In Limited Edition games that will be ready to ship in a week or two. NO WAIT ! Email Joe at [email protected] for info !

www.theyorkshow.com

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

jjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpgjjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#989 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Loving the game!! My only small complaints include, would have been nice if it would have said 21 of 150 on plaque only because JJP stated that was the total being made, lack of information on customized software, Jacket, lunch, and Expo...just minor things but feel pretty good about my purchase as I really never expected there to be a seeable $3500 in value added to the game. Do I think they could have done more? Of Course but they have to be careful to not go to crazy as some may not like it to different. Thats why I was prepared to mod mine the way I like regardless

Info emailed on jacket today, and Expo #4 pre-reveal party at 5pm... : )

#990 6 years ago

Just to let everyone know that I will have my DICE at the D&R Grand Opening which starts this Friday and goes all way thru Sunday - So if your in the area - Stop by and play and enjoy this great game - Cant wait till #4 if announced so that I can bug Joe @ 2am in the mornings more.

Why wait - there's always tonight - you can text me pics of you in your jammies playing DI !

2 months later
#1082 6 years ago

Richie - you NEVER fail to amuse my friend ! Please tell me those are running shorts or something and not your underwear...

#1087 6 years ago

Richies next pin...

AF34B0F3-2E34-4C36-B56C-ABC3B9C8192B (resized).jpegAF34B0F3-2E34-4C36-B56C-ABC3B9C8192B (resized).jpeg

8 months later
#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm greatly enjoying my DICE, but am puzzled by a couple of items in the coinbox freebie bag (see photo). What are they for? Keyrings? What is the transparent decal for?

[quoted image]

You had me at ‘transparent decal’. No words. ; )

1 month later
#1189 5 years ago

Richie Wrench is going to go apeshit happy in about 5 minutes once I send him an email...

Cued up in... 3,2,1...

#1216 5 years ago

Ya he text me at 3am and woke me up... so....

4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).pngAE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpegAE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
#1217 5 years ago

Richie you can sit next to Slash. He has bodyguards so good luck with that.

(Disclaimer : No, Slash will not be there)

7D55C269-5BD0-4F18-9CAA-DE22A09ADC8C (resized).jpeg7D55C269-5BD0-4F18-9CAA-DE22A09ADC8C (resized).jpeg
#1221 5 years ago

Richie : 40. Can I sit next to Joe Newhart at the Dinner? I just want to bug the shit out of him all night...
Jack : 40. I’m told that Joe would not have it any other way.

Dearest Jack, I think it's time we re-negotiate my contract... 3am he texts me, you saw that part right ? And that's AFTER he gets his game.. You don't know what it's like before. I beg you... help me.... I work hard for you... help...

PS... Of course I want to sit next to Richie. (so I'm close enough to strangle him)

3 weeks later
#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We will all be waiting for the richiewrench review, if he got his steak, and a pic with Joe pinballstar hugging each other. He's been kind of quiet lately ...

Oh there will be Richie updates, trust me... I’ve got something up my sleeve... ; )

#1236 5 years ago
88CD56B3-48F5-48FC-A365-D981CA9FC51A (resized).jpeg88CD56B3-48F5-48FC-A365-D981CA9FC51A (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Ok, question for DICE owners or anyone else with the playfield protector.
Have you removed it or considering removing it due to impacted game play?
On mine, ball gets stuck in two different spots and the phone shot with that and the hole protector is pretty rough.
I think the game would play better without it.
I've considered a couple options to try to correct without pulling it but thought I would consult the group.

I will never sell a PF protector as an option on a game again. I will talk every customer out of it. There's a reason it's not even offered on POTC. Take that for what it's worth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballSTAR.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?tu=PinballSTAR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.