AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.
#1 7 years ago

I thought that I would start a topic that focuses on the Collectors Edition for "Dialed In". While I am in for this game for $12,500, I was very firm on my initial remarks on what we would get regards to the extra $3,500.00. Again this is my opinion and I hope some of the JJP team look at this and take all comments and hopefully we will get value for the extra cost. I would pay this amount for the game, But I need to see what makes it worth it -- What is it going to say that is like WOW - -This was worth the cost. When I was lucky enough to be the high bidder on the AMH #150 -- To me it was for a good cause and was worth the money.

To me -- I do not care about a Signed Plaque or a Signed Manual or a Shirt or anything along that line -- It must be in the game / artwork / Extra Toys / Cabinet Artwork / Code or something unique -- That is what makes it worth a collectors Edition. These days of LE's at 1,000 and 2,500 or 6,999 are NOT Limited Editions. I was not a big fan of Batman 66 Super LE but at least there was only 30 of those. I saw a post were there was some mention of Rad Decals and Mirror Glass and the 3D etched artwork. I think for $9000.00 the LE's should come automatic with the Mirrored Glass and Rad Decals / Shaker Motor, etc.

It has to be like WOW -- This is worth $12,500 -- Otherwise better off staying with the $9,000 LE version or in my case -- If it does not come thru - I will Pass and wait for the next BIG THING. That is one thing that I can say about the PINBALL world. There are some very exciting games that will be coming down the pipeline in the next few years.

I am curious -- What does the PINSIDE Community think that for the $3,500.00 would make the game worth the cost?

#2 7 years ago

Who is in for a Dialed In CE?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

What does the PINSIDE Community think that for the $3,500.00 would make the game worth the cost?

A $5,500 rebate.

#4 7 years ago

Have you talked to Jack and given him your thoughts ? He might be receptive to WOW ideas.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago

The CE is for those who want the best of the best (in regards to this game) and price is no obstacle. If you looking to add up $3500 worth of extra features compared to the LE its not going to happen. If you have the money and thats what you want go for it.

#6 7 years ago

I am curious -- What does the PINSIDE Community think that for the $3,500.00 would make the game worth the cost?

Nothing. And I'm not sure why you're so in on it when you don't know the answer to this question.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing. And I'm not sure why you're so in on it when you don't know the answer to this question.

True -- Got me thinking about that very same thing

#8 7 years ago

Fancy Pants Checklist:

Use nicer wood for the cabinet.

Customized apron that can lightup in sync with the game.

Powder coat or chrome everything - the habitrails, coinbox, bolts, screws, mechanisms, ball rails. Have options for chrome, black, brass, or a "quantum haze" color.

A topper with an led stock ticker thingy that interacts with the phone app and lets you post customized messages. Could also show scores and game info during gameplay.

Clear coat or plus in someway the in-game toys like the drones, robot lady, subway station.

Fiber optic light show on the backglass, coindoor, cabinet, or anywhere it might look awesome.

That sounds like $2k or more in extra shit.

But there needs to be something really special besides just rarity for JJP to sell more than a just a few of these. Has to look gorgeous but also have a feature or two unique to the code or game play.

#9 7 years ago

there will be nothing to make the collectors edition worth 3500 more. Why? Because people are willing to pay the price regardless of wether or not they know it'll be worth it. Case in point.

#10 7 years ago

It has an exclusive in-game video of Jack doing a series of cartwheels wearing nothing but a ruby red Speedo.

#11 7 years ago

I think LTG comes to your house to replace any bulbs for the first month.

Without having a set number to sell is really a head scratcher?
Limited seems meaningless.

It seems like there is a collectible war going on with new titles now that did not used to exist and to me it makes no sense. Limited edition of 200 tops with a few extras or maybe just art.

With this JJP CE as example.
You are pre paying to play 12500 games at 1$ per play. Oh wait your a collector i forgot you guys don't even open the box.
But if you did, it's like your paying $6.25 for about 2000 games that will take you about ten years to get done.

Operators are having to pay way to much now and the return on investment for money making coin op equipment is going to end up sinking the ship. The ship being the whole industry.

The truth is support them if you can and buy the best, but if your looking for it to make sense sorry I got nothing it dont make sense to me.

#12 7 years ago

Operators can still buy Stern titles also.

#13 7 years ago

Screenshot_20161026-060707 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20161026-060707 (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

I want a LE for 7k !!!

#15 7 years ago

It's not even limited!

You only get to find out ( maybe ) how many people have bought one after 31st Dec.

I see nothing that would make me want one over the LE, even if my lotto numbers come up this week...

#16 7 years ago

Believe me it's limited by the sheer cost, although I get your point.

#17 7 years ago

"I don't think they will sell very many of this version."

- Captain Obvious (2016)

#18 7 years ago

the "wow" is after spending that much they still charge you $150 for a playfield protector. Truly an honor to own a CE

#19 7 years ago

You get a signed comic book! Isn't jacks signature worth $3500?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Yeah, I mean, looking at that matrix you get $250 worth of stuff going from a standard to an LE for a $1k up-charge (invisiglass being the biggest thing). Then about $400 worth of extra stuff going from a LE to a CE for a $3,500 up-charge. (rad decals???)

You are not getting that extra value in anything tangible on the game; but what you are getting, apparently, is the bragging rights to say you have an LE or CE. If all the mechanics and game play are there, what's the point to get anything but the standard? Added bling?

#21 7 years ago

Wow, the 8k version doesnt come with the comic book? How much is that add on??

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Wow, the 8k version doesnt come with the comic book? How much is that add on??

The "price" printed on the comic is $3.99, but you can probably get one for free, if you ask the company nicely. They handed them out for free to people who attended the reveal at EXPO, so they probably consider it a promotional item.

IMG_2435 (resized).JPGIMG_2435 (resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I think LTG comes to your house to replace any bulbs for the first month.

I'd gladly do that.

Disclaimer : Glad they ain't bulbs but are LEDs

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

"I don't think they will sell very many of this version."
- Captain Obvious (2016)

Could be a reason for someone to have that would be rare...but knowing my luck....they would make a special red version.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I like Jack....but @#$% No!!!

NO CARES ABOUT THE SIGNED STUFF.......

#26 7 years ago

This ain't gonna pencil out--if it were me I'd dial it back to a Limited and save the cash...

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's not even limited!
You only get to find out ( maybe ) how many people have bought one after 31st Dec.
I see nothing that would make me want one over the LE, even if my lotto numbers come up this week...

I wonder how many are signed up for one. LAST I HEARD IT WAS THREE .....sure it has gone up a few more...just kind of curious about that.

#28 7 years ago

I thought that I would start a topic that focuses on the Collectors Edition for "Dialed In". While I am in for this game for $12,500, I was very firm on my initial remarks on what we would get regards to the extra $3,500.00. Again this is my opinion and I hope some of the JJP team look at this and take all comments and hopefully we will get value for the extra cost. I would pay this amount for the game, But I need to see what makes it worth it -- What is it going to say that is like WOW - -This was worth the cost. When I was lucky enough to be the high bidder on the AMH #150 -- To me it was for a good cause and was worth the money.
To me -- I do not care about a Signed Plaque or a Signed Manual or a Shirt or anything along that line -- It must be in the game / artwork / Extra Toys / Cabinet Artwork / Code or something unique -- That is what makes it worth a collectors Edition. These days of LE's at 1,000 and 2,500 or 6,999 are NOT Limited Editions. I was not a big fan of Batman 66 Super LE but at least there was only 30 of those. I saw a post were there was some mention of Rad Decals and Mirror Glass and the 3D etched artwork. I think for $9000.00 the LE's should come automatic with the Mirrored Glass and Rad Decals / Shaker Motor, etc.
It has to be like WOW -- This is worth $12,500 -- Otherwise better off staying with the $9,000 LE version or in my case -- If it does not come thru - I will Pass and wait for the next BIG THING. That is one thing that I can say about the PINBALL world. There are some very exciting games that will be coming down the pipeline in the next few years.

Many of the pinside community don't believe the LE is worth $9K. So in reality your paying $5,000+ more for the CE. You must have money burning a hole in your pocket. You want one, but you don't even know what one is. No offense I thought this was a troll post at first.

#29 7 years ago

While I am in for this game for $12,500

This is why the f*cking prices keep going up.
Because there's always someone that is willing to pay for this nonsense.

#30 7 years ago

I'd email Jack at [email protected]. He gets back to me quickly on questions regarding Dialed In.

#31 7 years ago

Did Jack say something about the Collectors editions shipping before the end of this year or did I miss hear that? Maybe that's the biggest reason to buy one?

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Did Jack say something about the Collectors editions shipping before the end of this year or did I miss hear that? Maybe that's the biggest reason to buy one?

Nothing is shipping by the end of the year. We'll be lucky to see these being built in 2017.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

We'll be lucky to see these being built in 2017.

Should be starting in April 2017, if not before.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Collectors editions will be for sale until 12/31/2016. A $1000 deposit will secure your spot. However many machines have deposits on New Years Eve 2016 is the number of machines (collectors edition) that will be made.

Announcements coming in the next couple of weeks on what will be different from the collectors edition compared to the limited edition.

if anyone is thinking about getting one (standard, limited, collectors), let me know. also, if you are an Illinois resident and order directly through JJP, they (JJP) are required to collect sales tax as they have an office in Chicago. If you order through a neighboring state distributor (KingPin (me), Pincades, Pinball Company), then we are not required to collect the sales tax (although you are supposed to declare it on your taxes).

$250 deposit on standard edition
$250 deposit on limited edition
$1000 deposit on collectors edition

all deposits are fully refundable up until the machine is on the assembly line.

production scheduled to begin 2q of 2017

call, pm, or email with other questions as to not clog up this thread.

Christopher
KingPin Games
608-393-2299 cell
[email protected]

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

I'd email Jack at [email protected]. He gets back to me quickly on questions regarding Dialed In.

Please let me know what is going to be in the CE version...It suppose tk be the best of the best...but it got to be more than a signed book. I am really hoping that the CE's are going to stand out among the rest

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Announcements coming in the next couple of weeks on what will be different

Quoted from KingPinGames:

$250 deposit on standard edition
$250 deposit on limited edition
$1000 deposit on collectors edition

Sure glad they got rid of the pre-order model, otherwise people would have to put down a deposit before a deadline without really knowing what was in the game being ordered.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be starting in April 2017, if not before.

"Should" is the key word in your reply. The jjp track record ain't so good. Hopefully joe got things turned around.

#38 7 years ago

That is the plan. Hobbits are rollin for now.

#39 7 years ago

These days of LE's at 1,000 and 2,500 or 6,999 are NOT Limited Editions.

Yeah, those days when limited meant limited are long gone.

ltd-edit-1 (resized).jpgltd-edit-1 (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

Whatever differentiates the CE has got to be something that can't be sourced later and added on to an LE to make it comparable.

I sprung for my Tron LE because of the additional in-game features - those features not being merely cosmetic in nature, but truly differentiating gameplay. Chrome armor aside, it wasn't about the bling at all. OK, OK, IDK if the moving recognizer is cosmetic of not... but you get the point I'm trying to make here. That's how it must be in this case too, to get my attention.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Whatever differentiates the CE has got to be something that can't be sourced later and added on to an LE to make it comparable.
I sprung for my Tron LE because of the additional in-game features - those features not being merely cosmetic in nature, but truly differentiating gameplay. Chrome armor aside, it wasn't about the bling at all. OK, OK, IDK if the moving recognizer is cosmetic of not... but you get the point I'm trying to make here. That's how it must be in this case too, to get my attention.

YES.....I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I have a Tron LE and have it all bling out...but your right the game itself is different from the others.

PLEASE Jack....Make the CE's the ones that will set the standard for others....I agree that there is a market for us collectors out there....but the game has to unique and it has to be limited and I am pretty sure that at 12,500.00 with a deadline of end of this year to get on the list and make thw deposit ....there is not going to be alot of CE's out there. That in itself will help with the value in my opinion. But please dont insult us on signed books or a signed comic....I really want this to be Bad Ass so that i can put it with my other JJP games.

COME ON JJP......LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN.....BRING IT HOME.....LOL

#42 7 years ago

If Jack really wanted to drive up LE sales, he'd have a hard deadline to get those people their games FIRST. Order by New Years, get the game by May 1st

#43 7 years ago

There is nothing collectible about this ce, a few cosmetic upgrades...who cares.

The ce will not be a desired edition in years to come and there's no way it can hold its value.

It's purely for suckers who don't even know why they want it, no offense.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

There is nothing collectible about this ce, a few cosmetic upgrades...who cares.
The ce will not be a desired edition in years to come and there's no way it can hold its value.

Agreed, gameplay will be identical like all JJP machines.

#45 7 years ago

^^^^^^^

And its probably the most ridiculous "limited" offering ever. Let's see how many people will sign up before 12/31.

Why? Pure greed and nonsense. IF we were able to sell 150 of these CE's to people and we put a limit of 100 on them then wtf we just left a ton of money on the table.

That's the mentality! The fact that they set no number is the reason they won't sell squat of this grossly overpriced offering.

Better hurry for the 2500 LE's before they sell out.

How can you be that disconnected to the hobby you are trying to sell to?

#46 7 years ago

YES.....I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I have a Tron LE and have it all bling out...but your right the game itself is different from the others.
PLEASE Jack....Make the CE's the ones that will set the standard for others....I agree that there is a market for us collectors out there....but the game has to unique and it has to be limited and I am pretty sure that at 12,500.00 with a deadline of end of this year to get on the list and make thw deposit ....there is not going to be alot of CE's out there. That in itself will help with the value in my opinion. But please dont insult us on signed books or a signed comic....I really want this to be Bad Ass so that i can put it with my other JJP games.
COME ON JJP......LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN.....BRING IT HOME.....LOL

Begging to make a 12,500 game good??? The plumbing biz must be very good to you.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

^^^^^^^
And its probably the most ridiculous "limited" offering ever. Let's see how many people will sign up before 12/31.
Why? Pure greed and nonsense. IF we were able to sell 150 of these CE's to people and we put a limit of 100 on them then wtf we just left a ton of money on the table.
That's the mentality! The fact that they set no number is the reason they won't sell squat of this grossly overpriced offering.
Better hurry for the 2500 LE's before they sell out.
How can you be that disconnected to the hobby you are trying to sell to?

Not everyone has a collector's mentality. Some people do, though...

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/sternhires2.html

Hmm... Topps Trading Cards... where have I heard that term recently?

http://www.topps.com

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Begging to make a 12,500 game good??? The plumbing biz must be very good to you.

I am sorry -- I am not trying Beg - But I know it came across that way - Yes it is been good -- But I will say that I will not get this game if the CE's does not justify the cost -- I am finding it hard to see how these games are getting to be so HIGH in cost -- I know there is cost for employees / Buildings / Equipment / Materials / Talent and so on and so on ...I am just saying that for $12,500 - THERE MUST BE SOMETHING THAT IS LIKE -- WOW!!! -- But maybe I am just wishing

#49 7 years ago

I agree -- It got to be something more than just a Mirror backglass and RadCals - and again not to pound it into the ground -- NO ONE CARES about the signed stuff -- Again it is my opinion. Yes - I do well and I love Pinball and I have been lucky enough to win TWO charity auctions and my company does it for a good cause -- but there is a limit. I will see what Jack does -- But if it is what is on the table today as far as the features for the CE -- Then I would have to say that I am out of a CE version - I will wait for the next BIG THING -- and trust me there is always the next BIG THING around the corner - at least for now. They keep this up on pricing -- I would start to wonder when the bubble is going to break.

#50 7 years ago

None taken -- I agree -- In regards to cost and what it has to offer -- I would agree that this is most crazy price for the value -- But from what I have been told that there will be an update for the CE -- So time will tell and it will be interesting to see if the price does stay the same and if it does.....What is in package for the upgrade -- I dont want to hear that TRUST ME it will be worth the cost and we have to wait to after the 31st of December to see what it is -- I trust that Jack will tells us and for those that want to stay in for that cost -- More power to them -- but some will either drop or use their deposit for the next game are apply it towards another game - at least that is what I would do if I did not like what JJP has to say about the CE's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.