AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.
#351 7 years ago

Did they release the pics of the collectors edition yet so you can see just what you are getting with it guys? Does it have different artwork at all?

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

..... The CE is a money grab and only people with enough money not to care are on board.

If they sell enough, it makes them "Smart" businessman, doesnt it?

#353 7 years ago

I'm going to have to play this one first before I buy and even then it would be the cheaper version. If JJP would come up with a band based game I'd send my money now - even do the "WOZ wait" again.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I know you a good guy and trusted seller, but good god that sounds like a used car salesman line. The CE is a money grab and only people with enough money not to care are on board.

That just about nails it. There is more chance of aliens landing that anyone paying $12501 for one of these. The theme will see to that even if it's a very rare game.

#355 7 years ago

I am very supportive of LEs, Boutiques and CEs, but it is really hard to understand selling a game without a set feature list. I figured for sure they would have this ironed out before the window closes on Dec 31???

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I am very supportive of LEs, Boutiques and CEs, but it is really hard to understand selling a game without a set feature list. I figured for sure they would have this ironed out before the window closes on Dec 31???

It is crazy.

I also think it's crazy that quite a few Ghostbusters premiums went out with autographed playfields and LE aprons/score cards. I have a GBLE, and I don't really care that people got LE features on their game, but it's a bit lame that some of those extras you pay for end up being carelessly added to cheaper versions of the game.

#357 7 years ago

With two days left how many here have sent in their deposits for a DI CE? And out of those how many know exactly what they will be getting?

Inquiring minds want to know.

#358 7 years ago

A fan of JJP and given they are the true pioneers of premium pinball, they might consider extending the deadline to be absolutely clear on the CE to their target market.

Btw- something pretty basic like a playfield protector for the highest end model should be standard.
Silly stuff.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With two days left how many here have sent in their deposits for a DI CE? And out of those how many know exactly what they will be getting?
Inquiring minds want to know.

I upgraded from LE to CE today.

#360 7 years ago

I ordered an le and blew 3500 in a gogo bar today!!!

#361 7 years ago

money-throw (resized).jpgmoney-throw (resized).jpg

#362 7 years ago

Are the CE's going to be the first off the line?

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are the CE's going to be the first off the line?

That's a good question. I don't know for sure. Anybody?

#364 7 years ago

For those thinking about the Collector's Edition, JJP just posted a short video on Facebook, said they were approaching 100 CEs sold and talked about some of the features:

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball/videos/1390283667656892/

#365 7 years ago

Gotta love the Op bashing Stern for "same old same old"

Does "approaching 100" mean 50 "ish"?

This one will be really really limited because its just a deposit that can be switched out later. Guessing 30-40 actually get built.

The only thing I saw that you got additional with the CE here was being able to customize the Fox News cable banner scroll at the bottom to say what you wanted it to say.

#366 7 years ago

This is tough. Tough I tell ya. I'll take the "over" on 70

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta love the Op bashing Stern for "same old same old"
Does "approaching 100" mean 50 "ish"?
This one will be really really limited because its just a deposit that can be switched out later. Guessing 30-40 actually get built.
The only thing I saw that you got additional with the CE here was being able to customize the Fox News cable banner scroll at the bottom to say what you wanted it to say.

Wrong...on CE no Changing machines up or down and $1000 is non-refundable after tomorrow night is what I was told!

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

If your in ....great....and if you dont like it when it comes time to deliver...then just back out and maybe use your deposit on the #4 game or get a refund.....i am sure someone will take it that will be on a list to get one or like Joe said some out there aill be selling their held backs foe like 13500 or 15000

You sure about that? per Jack

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This is the feature list, no?

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/DI-Game-Comparison.pdf

Features (resized).jpgFeatures (resized).jpg

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

JP just posted a short video on Facebook, said they were approaching 100 CEs sold and talked about some of the features:

I hope that is true. It would be awesome for pinball if JJP was able to sell close to 100 CEs of dialed in. What wonderful news for the health of our hobby that would be.

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I got an email today to make sure I was for sure in on CE and it said that in the email.....not from Jack....

#372 7 years ago

Congrats to all upcoming Dialed In CE owners! Exciting times are just around the corner!

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

That's a good question. I don't know for sure. Anybody?

I would be okay to wait...i hope it is with finish code and no damage.

#374 7 years ago

Speaking of code, it has been updated, not sure how much more is complete, but if you watch today's video you'll see new things and hear them mention the update.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not 100 percent sure now...I know what i was told...i just know that i am in and along for the ride.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

There is nothing collectible about this ce, a few cosmetic upgrades...who cares.
The ce will not be a desired edition in years to come and there's no way it can hold its value.
It's purely for suckers who don't even know why they want it, no offense.

Spot on. $3500 gets you:
- Purple instead of Blue armor (Personally I prefer the blue but whatever)
- Laser cut side armor (? haven't seen it yet)
- Topper (? haven't seen it yet)
- Mirrored back panel (? not sure what this is)
- "Collector" plaque with 3 signatures on it
- "Special" backglass (? Haven't seen it yet)
- Misc: A jacket, lunch with Jack and Pat (if you go to their office), a different splash screen or something on the monitor, your comic book is signed by Jack

Basically, these seem like very minor cosmetic things that are on par with the differences between a Stern's Premium and their LE. Only, the price difference here is $3500 instead of $1000-1500! Insane, but apparently there are almost 100 people who either have money to throw away or they just got caught up chasing what they think is the next BBB or Tron LE. I'm glad I'm past those days. The even funnier thing is that JJP decided on the $3500 price increase before they ever even completed the above list of features much less actually designed the features (like the armor etching, topper, etc.)!! Like it was just arbitrary to see who would throw money at anything just to say they have the ultimate model.

#377 7 years ago

Not 100 percent sure now...I know what i was told...i just know that i am in and along for the ride.

You said Jack told you that right?

Anyhow, nothing is certain in JJP land. Ever.

#378 7 years ago

One more question that crossed my mind. The $12,500 price tag appears to be firm. Has anyone checked on the $9,000 price tag for the LE? Do distributors have room to come down off of that price? If so, the difference for the CE model could be even more than $3500.

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You said Jack told you that right?
Anyhow, nothing is certain in JJP land. Ever.

Truth! Next expo they'll be announcing the SCE (Super Collectible Edition).

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Wait for the Ruby Red DI edition, its coming.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

So let's see if I can follow this thought process... the prevailing theory is that the CE version of DI is little more than a cash grab and that it would be insane to spend that much money on a game that can't possibly hold its value (I'm not saying this is entirely off base I'm just going with it). Obviously most folks who might be inclined to order a DI would order the LE version anyway but let's stay with the CE for now. Here you are suggesting that JJP will come along at Expo 2017 and offer a super CE (I guess trying to draw a parallel between the Ruby WOZ and the Black Arrow Hobbit which came along after the initial game offering). The thing is, wouldn't they have to price the super CE at an even more outlandish price to make it that much more collectible, thus defeating the purpose? Take the Black Arrow Hobbit for example: it came out at roughly the same price as the other versions were priced, and thus there is really no incentive to switch away from an LE or a Smaug Gold Edition should you have one of those already. The Smaug version used the "only available until New Years Eve gimmick" if you want to call it that and it sold very well (a subjective term but irrelevant here). When the BA version launched, the Standard and LE Hobbit were and are still in production and were and are still available (the Smaug is not unless you can find one NIB from a distributor; the factory stuck to the policy of 12/31/15 order cutoff). So you can buy the BA if you want but almost everybody wants the LE and therefore when Hobbit is out of production, the LE will be the best selling version of the game as it has been all along. I know of two people who switched to a BA rather than take their LE as at that point their LE had not shipped, but the bottom line is that the LE is the most popular version of the game and that isn't going to change before the production run finishes.
So I guess what I'm saying here is, at Expo 2016 when DI was launched, Jack announced only the CE and the LE versions, brought flyers to hand out for only the CE and LE versions but he knew full well that the standard version was coming, made no secret of the fact that the standard was coming and that it would cost less than the LE. A week or so later the standard was officially announced. So there are your three DI versions. The CE is what it is but again, as with Hobbit, the LE will be the popular and best selling version (thus belying the name Limited Edition but that's another topic). Will Standard DIs sell? Sure, some. Hobbit standards sold but not very many. WOZ standards sold very well but remember that the ECLEs sold all 1000 long before production started so those coming to the party had to order the standard version until the Ruby Red 75th came along. And here's the rub and I remember it well: when the RRWOZ was announced, the backlash from the ECLE folks was talked about (it was talked about far more than anything that happened but that's another matter) but at the end of the day (which hasn't come yet truly as WOZ is still in production today and will be in 2017), the ECLE 1000 units will still be more collectible if the only criterion is scarcity, as the RR version will outsell the ECLE by many hundred units if not more when all is said and done.
So if I can remember my point, I believe it was that I don't buy your theory of a super CE version coming later.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

So let's see if I can follow this thought process... the prevailing theory is that the CE version of DI is little more than a cash grab and that it would be insane to spend that much money on a game that can't possibly hold its value (I'm not saying this is entirely off base I'm just going with it). Obviously most folks who might be inclined to order a DI would order the LE version anyway but let's stay with the CE for now. Here you are suggesting that JJP will come along at Expo 2017 and offer a super CE (I guess trying to draw a parallel between the Ruby WOZ and the Black Arrow Hobbit which came along after the initial game offering). The thing is, wouldn't they have to price the super CE at an even more outlandish price to make it that much more collectible, thus defeating the purpose? Take the Black Arrow Hobbit for example: it came out at roughly the same price as the other versions were priced, and thus there is really no incentive to switch away from an LE or a Smaug Gold Edition should you have one of those already. The Smaug version used the "only available until New Years Eve gimmick" if you want to call it that and it sold very well (a subjective term but irrelevant here). When the BA version launched, the Standard and LE Hobbit were and are still in production and were and are still available (the Smaug is not unless you can find one NIB from a distributor; the factory stuck to the policy of 12/31/15 order cutoff). So you can buy the BA if you want but almost everybody wants the LE and therefore when Hobbit is out of production, the LE will be the best selling version of the game as it has been all along. I know of two people who switched to a BA rather than take their LE as at that point their LE had not shipped, but the bottom line is that the LE is the most popular version of the game and that isn't going to change before the production run finishes.
So I guess what I'm saying here is, at Expo 2016 when DI was launched, Jack announced only the CE and the LE versions, brought flyers to hand out for only the CE and LE versions but he knew full well that the standard version was coming, made no secret of the fact that the standard was coming and that it would cost less than the LE. A week or so later the standard was officially announced. So there are your three DI versions. The CE is what it is but again, as with Hobbit, the LE will be the popular and best selling version (thus belying the name Limited Edition but that's another topic). Will Standard DIs sell? Sure, some. Hobbit standards sold but not very many. WOZ standards sold very well but remember that the ECLEs sold all 1000 long before production started so those coming to the party had to order the standard version until the Ruby Red 75th came along. And here's the rub and I remember it well: when the RRWOZ was announced, the backlash from the ECLE folks was talked about (it was talked about far more than anything that happened but that's another matter) but at the end of the day (which hasn't come yet truly as WOZ is still in production today and will be in 2017), the ECLE 1000 units will still be more collectible if the only criterion is scarcity, as the RR version will outsell the ECLE by many hundred units if not more when all is said and done.
So if I can remember my point, I believe it was that I don't buy your theory of a super CE version coming later.

I think you had a whole bunch of points gobbled together here, lol. I'm gonna have to re-read it a few times. BUT, I'll just say that I only meant there is a great chance JJP will come out with another "collector" type edition in the future, period. Price is irrelevant even if it's the same as this CE. Point is, nobody should feel this is their last or only chance at getting a "collector" edition of this game. Jack will just create a new one in the future to try and stoke more sales so just don't get yourself caught up in the frenzy of now.

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

I think you had a whole bunch of points gobbled together here, lol. I'm gonna have to re-read it a few times. BUT, I'll just say that I only meant there is a great chance JJP will come out with another "collector" type edition in the future. Price is irrelevant even if it's the same as this CE. Point is, nobody should feel this is their last or only chance at getting a "collector" edition of this game. Jack will just create a new one in the future to try and stoke more sales so just don't get yourself caught up in the frenzy of now.

Gotcha.

#384 7 years ago

23 hours 54 min left......

I agree some of the comments here on this post...u still think think has the potential to be a Outstanding game and the flow is just awesome

#385 7 years ago

23 hours 54 min left......
I agree some of the comments here on this post...u still think think has the potential to be a Outstanding game and the flow is just awesome

I think not only does it have the potential to be but from everything I've heard it already is. Really looking forward to playing it first opportunity I get.

Have you listened to the latest episode of WWOP? Towards the end there is a fairly interesting discussion on DI.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It would be awesome for pinball if JJP was able to sell close to 100 CEs of dialed in. What wonderful news for the health of our hobby that would be.

Until JJP offers the SDDCE (Super Duper Deluxe Collector's Edition) after the pre orders do not sell enough games at the cut off timeline?
(This edition allows a buyer to submit their personal photo and put their own face on the cabinet artwork holding the cell phone)

People should be more concerned about the health of the industry, not hobby, as it is not exclusively measured by CE sales, but sales to ALL venues of usage. Operators are not budging, they are balking.

#387 7 years ago

Maybe the CE Purpose was controversy, it succeeded.
and to bring the attention to selling more LE.

If that works, then they can go back, and create another "upper level" model.

One has to wonder if Batman, Dialed in, and Aliens were all loaded at $5995 out the door, how
all the discussions would change.

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Maybe the CE Purpose was controversy, it succeeded.
and to bring the attention to selling more LE.
If that works, then they can go back, and create another "upper level" model.
One has to wonder if Batman, Dialed in, and Aliens were all loaded at $5995 out the door, how
all the discussions would change.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

#389 7 years ago

what is the 3-d interactive projected image and how does it work?Thanks

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

what is the 3-d interactive projected image and how does it work?Thanks

Same peppers ghost illusion gimmick that ghostbusters ecto goggles uses.

#393 7 years ago

Just having fun.....
5 hours and 55 minutes

The suspense is killing me.....lol

Bet we wont know the true numbers

Any bets??

#394 7 years ago

It's either 78 or 42

#395 7 years ago

Do the distributers that bought multiple CEs get multiple lunches with Pat Lawler ? Or will those be arranged later when their CE are sold?

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Do the distributers that bought multiple CEs get multiple lunches with Pat Lawler ? Or will those be arranged later when their CE are sold?

Oh....that is a good one.....hmmmmm

#397 7 years ago

I interpret it as they get multiple lunch orders on one occasion. I'd go for the lobster

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope that is true. It would be awesome for pinball if JJP was able to sell close to 100 CEs of dialed in. What wonderful news for the health of our hobby that would be.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.

#399 7 years ago

Yeah, serious question . Might be a real pain for JJP to deal with later . If someone were to buy a CE from a distributer later on for the same price I would believe they are owed that lunch .At what point does Pat just get sick of trying to schedual lunches with CE buyers ? And will someone's expirience be tainted if Pat is not in a good mood when he has to do lunch with a buyer ? Offering lunch with a designer is not only a joke , but could also end up being a nightmare to JJP . Think about it if 100 CEs are sold , 100 people are thinking they are owed some sort of special treatment from Pat , Pat might disagree . Not saying Pat would treat someone poorly but it is difficult to put a price on something like that , as JJP is trying to do.

#400 7 years ago

Two or three different date buffets and call it a day.

Ill conceived from day one.

No CE#s, although I think he was initially serious about the 2500, no final feature list, just buy it and we will figure it out

CE buyers have no idea how many "collectibles" there will be

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.