AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.
#302 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Last I heard DI go's on the line in April not Jan when did things change

In the recent video JJP put out this week, Jack was discussing Dialed In at a few locations already and that's when he made the comment that more were going out in January, so that is where production seemed to shift from what we thought would be April to January.

#303 7 years ago

More prototypes are going out that I'm sure but no full production yet.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

It would help me decide if I knew in writing they would powder coat the coin door and back box hinges along with the legs, lockdown bar etc. Your correct, this pricey pin needs to stand out in line ups that are already shinning in pretty powder coats of all rainbow colors. Fully powder coated on all metal will make it shine!!
The laser cut rails really should be flipper button covering, so the nose pickers and runny noses' remnants can be fully cleaned with a disinfectant. LOL.
Think of Frank Lloyd Wright and how he always wanted the door handle to be inviting, as it is the first touch experience to the user/visitor. Same can be true for start and flipper buttons, IMHO. Dirty, gross flipper buttons are not inviting.

oh god no don't gt doing PC on the door and hinges.

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

The CE could actually have some code related enhancements that would not alter or change gameplay from the standard or LE's.
Maybe the CE model could add the ability to have "users" like on an Apple or PC, and the users can be switched, so they can all get their own lifetime game stats piling up. Total game plays for all users combined and those kinds of stats would still go on the main game audits as well.
I really enjoyed some of the ridiculous stats grand theft auto kept track of. It was pretty cool seeing how many weird things you could achieve.
So on that note, we don't really want to have the CE with gameplay or code that makes it more of a game than the standard or LE, unlike what happens on pro, premium and other LE's for example.
But what about maybe adding some other "side games" on top of the normal game. Maybe the CE could offer other games within the game. Like challenges - hit the ramp 10x in a row in under 1 minute for an achievement could be one maybe. Keep it in the pop bumpers for over a minute, get an achievement. Hit all drop targets without hitting a pop bumper. There could also be other stuff like sequences of shots you gotta make in a row. I picture levels, like tetris, or something you have to do from memory like Simon. Maybe it lights a series of 5 different inserts you gotta remember and hit in a row in order one by one. A challenges wizard mode could be something virtually or almost impossible like hit every switch 1 time before hitting a switch for a second time (bumpers and pops may need excluded). There's tons of gimmicky side missions and games that could be spun out of that and it would give CE owners something very unique they could play through for a change of pace and to really mix it up and test skills on various parts of the game and aspects of pinball play.
Something needs done with code so when updates are done, it doesn't reset the lifetime games started/played counters, the CE would be a good place to start and then roll that out on all other model JJP games at some point. Collectors and buyers on the secondary market could all benefit from those numbers being true and accurate.
There's been a lot of good ideas posted on here so far. Mine are kind of off the wall and ridiculous and I'm sure I'll come up with more nonsense.

All this you mention is already in Dutch Pinballs BoP 2.0. Users, log acheivements, see other owners/players scores all through their website which is accessed via wifi in the PC included in the 2.0 upgrade kit. You can even develop your own video mode pattern (which is a grid race) and/or use some other owners created video mode, via the website and using your coin door settings.

All are great ideas, love to see them added to JJP code, but its not new just relatively unknown to a few DP BoP 2.0 owners/players.

#306 7 years ago

I can't see a price justification from a logical standpoint to go with the CE, but there can be an emotional one. I got the GBLE because it's been my dream theme ever since I got into pinball collecting over a decade ago. Now, Dialed In might not be anybody's dream theme, but Lawlor has a pretty dedicated fan base, and I can see that stirring up emotions that he's back. I'm in for an LE, and the only way you could convince me to pay the extra for a CE would be to throw in, say, Funhouse.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

All this you mention is already in Dutch Pinballs BoP 2.0

Whoa, that's pretty cool to learn, I definitely did not know that. I love the work DP does.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'll play... I'm guessing 40!
Personally, I'm still wondering the differences between the Standard and LE. I've seen the feature matrix, but the pictures are all an LE with different coloured armor.
Here's what I'm wondering about...
Laser cut cityscape (will the Standard have anything?)

40 units?
No way. Distributors can order as many as they want. Like the Smaug editions.
I am sure there will be at least 100.
They wont just order 1 for every refundable deposit. They will order more and have stock latecomers.

#309 7 years ago

Okay -- So I will be drinking the Kool Aid -- LOL -- Talked with Jack today ( I just could not wait and I sent an email on my views) and there is going to be more coming on the CE, Might be some minor stuff -- But more is coming-- from what I was told from Jen and Jack -- and it what they said is true and I am sure it is (unless upper management goes other direction) -- I AM IN.

I do not want to announce here because I really think that should come from JJP themselves. But I am in and my CE Number will be my favorite number #12. Which I have had on hold since the Expo launch. I will not hold Jack and Jen to their comments -- Bottom line is that I think it will take till March to really know all what is going to be in the CE Edition -- I think we need to give Jack and Others a chance to push the limits on getting all the comments and feedback and try to get as much as they can in for this amazing game.

I would like to make a request on the lunch -- Bone-In Ribeye.

Thanks to Jack for taking my call and really thanks to Jen for letting me vent for those few minutes.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

It would help me decide if I knew in writing they would powder coat the coin door and back box hinges along with the legs, lockdown bar etc. Your correct, this pricey pin needs to stand out in line ups that are already shinning in pretty powder coats of all rainbow colors. Fully powder coated on all metal will make it shine!!
The laser cut rails really should be flipper button covering, so the nose pickers and runny noses' remnants can be fully cleaned with a disinfectant. LOL.
Think of Frank Lloyd Wright and how he always wanted the door handle to be inviting, as it is the first touch experience to the user/visitor. Same can be true for start and flipper buttons, IMHO. Dirty, gross flipper buttons are not inviting.

Ugh, don't powder coat coin doors.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Okay -- So I will be drinking the Kool Aid -- LOL -- Talked with Jack today ( I just could not wait and I sent an email on my views) and there is going to be more coming on the CE, Might be some minor stuff -- But more is coming-- from what I was told from Jen and Jack -- and it what they said is true and I am sure it is (unless upper management goes other direction) -- I AM IN.
I do not want to announce here because I really think that should come from JJP themselves. But I am in and my CE Number will be my favorite number #12. Which I have had on hold since the Expo launch. I will not hold Jack and Jen to their comments -- Bottom line is that I think it will take till March to really know all what is going to be in the CE Edition -- I think we need to give Jack and Others a chance to push the limits on getting all the comments and feedback and try to get as much as they can in for this amazing game.
Thanks to Jack for taking my call and really thanks to Jen for letting me vent for those few minutes.

good for you. better yet, jack should cross the river and take you CE high rollers to peter lugers steakhouse in brooklyn.
well we knew you really were never on the fence but more on board with the CE!

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Ugh, don't powder coat coin doors.

Never had problems with any of my powder coated coin doors from Steve from Pinball Refinary....

#313 7 years ago

Hey where's my thanks ?!? I saved that #12 for you since day 1 ! Just teasing... this was the hardest sale I ever worked for... Glad to have you aboard buddy !

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

good for you. better yet, jack should cross the river and take you CE high rollers to peter lugers steakhouse in brooklyn.
well we knew you really were never on the fence but more on board with the CE!

No - I was on the fence -- I mean I had one locked in and was promised the #12 (which is my lucky number) from the start -- But when it was announced and then the price -- I was like okay...Why the increase and what are we getting for that -- I think now that the game is worth the price and if you can afford it - more power to those that can -- but for the value there is nothing wrong with the LE and most will go that way.

I guess I will be really curious on what the numbers will come out on the CE numbers -- I think in the 50 to 80's --- could be more if they make another announcement prior to 12/31 as I think there are some of those out there that are still on the fence.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

40 units?
They wont just order 1 for every refundable deposit. They will order more and have stock latecomers.

I'm one of the larger distributors and yes that's most likely what I'm doing - ordering only the number I sold by 12/31... Why would I order more ? If anyone does you can bet they are doing it to gouge you at $ 15,000 later like a tool. If you want one best to get it now.

Hobbit Smaug was different as we already had LE games on order and were able to make a lateral move like everyone else for no extra $ at the time. This is not the case with the CE.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Hey where's my thanks ?!? I saved that #12 for you since day 1 ! Just teasing... this was the hardest sale I ever worked for... Glad to have you aboard buddy !

LMAO -- Yes you did. Alot of emails and phone calls. This will go good with Emerald City WOZ and Smaug -- It will be there for those to enjoy from the public and friends and family.

Maybe I will have it before the Open House that we will be having for PINSIDERS -- Announcement to be coming soon.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I'm one of the larger distributors and yes that's most likely what I'm doing - ordering only the number I sold by 12/31... Why would I order more ? If anyone does you can bet they are doing it to gouge you at $ 15,000 later like a tool. If you want one best to get it now.
Hobbit Smaug was different as we already had LE games on order and were able to make a lateral move like everyone else for no extra $ at the time. This is not the case with the CE.

Fair enough, but it still is possible to order as many as you want... So I'm sure there will be more than 40 based off what another distributor told me

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Fair enough, but it still is possible to order as many as you want... So I'm sure there will be more than 40 based off what another distributor told me

I don't doubt it but it won't be in large numbers. I might consider it if I want to save one for a VIP customer who comes around late. I would bet those that do order a supply are doing it to gouge you later. Not cool. This pinball speculation shit is bad enough without distributors who control the games are doing it too. I cringe when I see GB LEs for sale at 10,000 or Batman LEs at 12,500 from legit sources because you know they held them back from the buying public saying 'sold out' to those that wanted them when all along they had a secret stash to put aside and gouge later. If you want a DI CE get it now at the right price.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

40 units?

I can see 100 Units being sold --- Just not 2,500 CE's

Please -- Please -- PLEASE dont let there be 2500 CE's -- LMAO

But -- If there was -- It would be ONE HELL of a Luncheon

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Never had problems with any of my powder coated coin doors from Steve from Pinball Refinary....

Those are fugly, that's my point. The refinery editions are gaudy

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

The problem is it looks like crap.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

The problem is it looks like crap.

Really? I think the full blown IM's look pretty terrific.

#323 7 years ago

To each it's own, but have never had a bad comment like that about the coin doors on my beautiful machines!

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

To each it's own, but have never had a bad comment like that about the coin doors on my beautiful machines!

True that and I am still kicking myself I didn't get that LOTR of yours.

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Really? I think the full blown IM's look pretty terrific.

I love those too. To me the chrome doors look terrible though.

#326 7 years ago

7 Days and 11 hours and 30 minutes left.

#327 7 years ago

We want an unboxing video when you get yours

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

We want an unboxing video when you get yours

That will be in two years......lol....just joking JJP.

Merry Christmas

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I cringe when I see GB LEs for sale at 10,000 or Batman LEs at 12,500 from legit sources because you know they held them back from the buying public saying 'sold out' to those that wanted them when all along they had a secret stash to put aside and gouge later. If you want a DI CE get it now at the right price.

Totally 100% happened to me on a Metallica LE from a distributor I used to deal with in Texas who told me he had it for me on my preorder.

Said (lied) he had his shipment slashed by Stern so he couldn't fill his pledge to me but then listed two for sale on his website for over MSRP two days after telling me he was out. He now wonders why I haven't done business with him since and stopped all referrals I was making to him (which was a lot)...

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally 100% happened to me on a Metallica LE from a distributor I used to deal with in Texas who told me he had it for me on my preorder.
Said (lied) he had his shipment slashed by Stern so he couldn't fill his pledge to me but then listed two for sale on his website for over MSRP two days after telling me he was out. He now wonders why I haven't done business with him since and stopped all referrals I was making to him (which was a lot)...

T.L., Don't be shy, no reason to not come right out with the name. Us Pinsiders should know whose been naughty and whose been nice.

Thanks -- Merry Christmas

#331 7 years ago

Im waiting for the 4GLTESE announcement in may before i order!!

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

T.L., Don't be shy, no reason to not come right out with the name. ...

My guess ... he quit having having fun times.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally unprofessional move.
Yep. That story got around and many potential customers avoid that one now. No way I would buy from them.

#334 7 years ago

Why isn't jjp announcing all these secretive features on the cle? Why should a potential buyer have to call to find out what you're getting for the additional money?
Do they not want to put it in writing so they won't be obligated to deliver?

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Why isn't jjp announcing all these secretive features on the cle? Why should a potential buyer have to call to find out what you're getting for the additional money?

I think the big clue is this: "unless upper management goes other direction"

That's a bit of a scary statement to me - it means the investors have total control and say over what does and doesn't go into a pinball machine. It means they are being completely micromanaged to the point where Jack can't even decide what will and won't go into a machine. It doesn't sound like a good environment on the creative side of things.

It's also scary because it's already giving a way out ahead of time. I can tell you in business when someone says "Well I'll do it unless upper management goes the other direction" - it ain't happening. They've already sowed the seeds and passed the blame ahead of time.

#336 7 years ago

So Jack is going to announce the number sold on Jan 1st. But that won't be games paid for in full. Just deposits. Maybe a high percentage of CE buyers will buy the game. But it sounds dangerous to me. Anyone else think so ? I have come to really like it since i've seen the gameplay and I like bright colourful machines. I think JJP has taken a real punt with the theme and features. That kind of innovation is what pinball needs but I fear the price of the game ( CE and LE ) and payment method is likely to come back and bite.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I dont think they are being secret about it...my guess is that Jack wants this game to have much as possible...but there are others involve as well and there are some things that are going to be in the game or are in early talks.....i will say one thing that Jack said and i can kind feel the tension with him when he said it to me nicely...

If your in ....great....and if you dont like it when it comes time to deliver...then just back out and maybe use your deposit on the #4 game or get a refund.....i am sure someone will take it that will be on a list to get one or like Joe said some out there aill be selling their held backs foe like 13500 or 15000

I will be posting a few extra things that i hope they will put on for the ce edition

#338 7 years ago

"your in ....great....and if you dont like it when it comes time to deliver...then just back out and maybe use your deposit on the #4 game or get a refund.....i am sure someone will take it that will be on a list to get one or like Joe said some out there aill be selling their held backs foe like 13500 or 15000"

I kind of like the pot luck approach. You just get what you get. Surprise!

The idea that these will be selling for $15k is fantasy land. Joe is doing it the right way and why I would buy from him if I was interested

I hope the gougers get stuck holding the bag. Flipper profit is gone at these prices. Look at the amount of people bailing on RZ now that buying one has gone from making $$ to losing $$

#339 7 years ago

I am hopimg on the powder coating on the shooter housing and coin door and appron and bols...if not...i will be sendkng those out to be done....i will not like it...but i will.

I still say the topper should be a special toppper for the ce owners and they can make a different one for the LE and Standards.

I would love to see the side rails and the hinge to have some lazer cutting and have the side rail to have a speicial design or at least wrap or go over the flipper buttons. I THINK THOSE LOOK GREAT.

I love what Dino did for the KISS game and i bought a set and had Matt with Backalley powder coat the legs and coindoor and bolts and such and it looks amazing....but....

Whwn it got the product and was having it put together...I notice that my KIZZ appron was the same LE red....ooops...did not see that...lol

So now I have to send that over to Matt because it looks like shit.....lol

I am not saying that every game should be done like that....but i do see that on this one ...it should

And i hope the code is unique in some small way

Ohhhhh and yes Tomahawk Bone-In Ribeye for lunch with real potatoes and a warm roll and some soup and a cherry cheesecake for desert.

#340 7 years ago

FWIW I like the Hobbit approach to toppers (let others like Laseriffic make them) rather than the WOZ approach (where each of the three models has a different one).

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"your in ....great....and if you dont like it when it comes time to deliver...then just back out and maybe use your deposit on the #4 game or get a refund.....i am sure someone will take it that will be on a list to get one or like Joe said some out there aill be selling their held backs foe like 13500 or 15000"
I kind of like the pot luck approach. You just get what you get. Surprise!
The idea that these will be selling for $15k is fantasy land. Joe is doing it the right way and why I would buy from him if I was interested
I hope the gougers get stuck holding the bag. Flipper profit is gone at these prices. Look at the amount of people bailing on RZ now that buying one has gone from making $$ to losing $$

I agree...i dont think they will ever sell for that...but so.e might try....i know it will be limited....but there will be some for sell later for a lesser price to make room for other games

Look at AMH....made only 150 and u can still find some in the 6000 range and awesome shape....

I was shocked...amazed...and literally floored when i sold the ruby red woz and hobbit le first when i was raising maney for a charity auction and i had my second AMH that I was also selling for 6900 and it had powder coating..side mirrors and other mods...and it did not sell...i was amazed...but hey....that was good because I decided to keep it and it keeps me from not playing the #150 AMH and i know I will not sell that one and definitely not for what our company paid for it...but that was for charity and worth every penny.

Bottom line....its a good game and i think the CE is good for those out there that want those extras and willing to pay for it...but the DI LE is also a great buy...for 9000.

The one thing is that some dont care for toppers and Radcals and other stuff and for that the LE is a good choice or wait for a used one to hit the market...it wont take long.

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

FWIW I like the Hobbit approach to toppers (let others like Laseriffic make them) rather than the WOZ approach (where each of the three models has a different one).

I agree to a point on this...i just think the CE topper should be unique for the model...so if they have 100 sold...then there is 100 unique ones as well....its a collector edition so the extras like the backglass and design and stuff should.only be for the CE's.

Again JJP please do the side rails with a lazer etch and wrap around the flipper buttons. Hire Dino for this...I am sure he could come up with a design

#343 7 years ago

I read a lot of this thread and two things in particular stood out.

OLDPINGUY sentiment that a business can price however it wants. Also, that a luxury item's price and values are often arbitrary beyond the basic costs to produce it.

pezpunk noting what a great product they are making.

I agree with both. The products JJP is making and Dialed In (based on what's been revealed), in particular, are exceptionally well made. Allowing for the usual startup issues with WOZ, the final finished product is stunning. My main frustration is pricing. As I have stated in the Stern thread, they have priced me out of the NIB market for their product. I hope to enjoy these one day as used games in my collection.

#344 7 years ago

Even though the final add-ins need to be approved by "upper management" thats not necessarily bad. They obviously didn't hold back on letting Pat's creativity and Jack is a great advocate for building packed pinball so I'm sure if whatever Jack proposes makes financial sense they will go with it. Leaving the investors to focus on whether or not its sustainable for JJP is a good thing because I for one want to see many more JJP games down the road.

A situation like this should be like a team with each focusing on their talents. We have Pat's talent as a designer, Jacks talent at game direction and promotion and the managements talent at making sure JJP stays afloat.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Even though the final add-ins need to be approved by "upper management" thats not necessarily bad. They obviously didn't hold back on letting Pat's creativity and Jack is a great advocate for building packed pinball so I'm sure if whatever Jack proposes makes financial sense they will go with it. Leaving the investors to focus on whether or not its sustainable for JJP is a good thing because I for one want to see many more JJP games down the road.
A situation like this should be like a team with each focusing on their talents. We have Pat's talent as a designer, Jacks talent at game direction and promotion and the managements talent at making sure JJP stays afloat.

Well said.....but still should get steak lunch

#347 7 years ago

Collectors Edition gets a customisable news ticker.

#348 7 years ago

So what's the final outcome of what it comes with . Is it all done and listed or is there more announcements

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

So what's the final outcome of what it comes with . Is it all done and listed or is there more announcements

Sounds like they're going to make it up as they build it. And then they'll have to throw in a bunch of signed crap to make people feel like they got something extra.

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

If you want a DI CE get it now at the right price.

I know you a good guy and trusted seller, but good god that sounds like a used car salesman line. The CE is a money grab and only people with enough money not to care are on board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.