AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

my dream to be able to wear that jjp jacket for Allentown 2017! only 12,500.00 very tempting..........

I like JJP games, but it does make me smile how they are justifying the additional thousands of dollars that the CE will cost.

An exclusive comic book, and a jacket among other things...more power to 'em.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I like JJP games, but it does make me smile how they are justifying the additional thousands of dollars that the CE will cost.
An exclusive comic book, and a jacket among other things...more power to 'em.

nothing more than a cash grab, just looks very bad. 1000.00 in extras (maybe?) and charge 3500.00 more. the autographed plaque is so silly also, I never cared much for autographs.

#253 7 years ago

The thing that's so awesome about it is... get ready... no one has to order a CE if they choose not to do so.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The thing that's so awesome about it is... get ready... no one has to order a CE if they choose not to do so.

The thing that's less awesome is....get ready.... people still will and convince manufacturers it is a good idea to keep putting out these ridiculous offerings and continue to raise prices on the "limited" editions of games. It's bad for pinball in general, just my humble opinion

#255 7 years ago

Fuck yeah - that's the thing that's so awesome about it. They really could charge more for that.

#256 7 years ago

Right and I didn't mean to be snippy about it either. I was thinking back to the end of last year when the deal was that the Smaug Gold Hobbit was only available if ordered by the end of the year. Hundreds of folks did order one, but far more didn't and either bought the LE or (of course) didn't order a Hobbit at all. The world kept revolving, we all got a little older, you know. It's not that I can't see the point folks are making, of course I can. The comparison doesn't hold anyway because SGSE wasn't significantly more expensive than the LE or the standard Hobbit (and speaking of limited editions, the standard Hobbit sold - what - several dozen units total?). I can't afford the CE DI, I can't afford Batman 66 top model, so I get it. I do get it.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Jersey Jack just did a FaceBook live video. I took some notes of what Jack said regarding the CE, most of the info is known, some may be new. He rattled off a list of CE features in the video including:
quantum haze color body armor with wet look
backglass with different art
invisiglass
shaker
3d etched artwork on theatre
laser cut side armor
metal collector plate and numbering
topper
custom software
mirrored backpanel
signed comic book
collectors plaque signed by Pat Lawlor, John Youssi and Jersey Jack
a jacket w/ your name, dialed in artwork on back, jjp logo on front
doing a lunch special w/ Jack & Pat & members of design & production team
Jack went on to say that right now on collector edition games will be sold out as of December 31 2016 at midnight. That’s the end of them, and they will make an announcement of how many were sold. Jack says there’s good response to the game. If you didn’t play it yet, know that Jack will be around the world with it and there’s games in different places now like Australia and Germany, and other locations. More games are going out in January, Jack will be in CA and is working on scheduling now.
Phone can change the weather as well as flip it and a lot more to come. Games that are being shown are still only at about 20% code.
You can come to JJP Headquarters to play it at the factory, but please call ahead. There is one heading to Silverball Museum in a few weeks as well.
There is also one in Chicago at Level 257, you can play at the JJP factory, Automated has one in Milford, CT, there's one in Germany at Freddies, and the one in Austrailia.
Not Dialed In related, but Jen mentioned that Radcals for Black Arrow are now available and a first round of WOZ rad cals are also available now.
Jack says they're still building about 5 WOZ per day, and continue to get sales for that title every day as well.

I think jack is the only one who thinks jacks signature has any value.

#258 7 years ago

Yeah, that's great.

It still looks bad.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I like Stern games, but it does make me smile how they are justifying the several more additional thousands of dollars that the BMLE with less features will cost over Dialed In CE.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

I think jack is the only one who thinks jacks signature has any value.

You can't say Jack hasn't personally seen each and every game he's built if he's signing them though, I think that's pretty classy and suggests he takes pride in what he's sending out of his factory.

#260 7 years ago

All this and you finally know the features of the CE now Richiewrench!
Unclog that indecision pipe and plunk that deposit down by 12/31!
Why not?
If you can swing it, I'm rooting for you to get one.
Post pics/vid when you do.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Question.... how common has it been historically to have more advanced/enhanced software for the different versions of a game (standard/pro, premium/le, ce, etc.). If you combined more advanced playfields (like Stern) ALONG with some clear differentiations in code, I think companies could much better sell the value proposition of going with the exclusive packages. There's real value in more modes, etc. What are some of the best examples of games that have had clear value adds from a code standpoint on the higher end (le/ce) versions?

Tron. Daft Punk Multiball. All the others are just additional coding for the extra features but that was a pure code bonus for tron LE as there was no feature it was coded for.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I like Stern games, but it does make me smile how they are justifying the several more additional thousands of dollars that the BMLE with less features will cost over Dialed In CE.

You make a completely stupid and irrelevant point.

I don't disagree with you, but nobody was talking about Stern BMLE in this Dialed In CE thread.

#263 7 years ago

Just checked in on this thread. Anyone order one of these things? How many do people think will be produced?

#264 7 years ago

I'll play... I'm guessing 40!

Personally, I'm still wondering the differences between the Standard and LE. I've seen the feature matrix, but the pictures are all an LE with different coloured armor.

Here's what I'm wondering about...
Laser cut cityscape (will the Standard have anything?)

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'll play... I'm guessing 40!
Personally, I'm still wondering the differences between the Standard and LE. I've seen the feature matrix, but the pictures are all an LE with different coloured armor.
Here's what I'm wondering about...
Laser cut cityscape (will the Standard have anything?)

Same. Been trying to figure out if they play the same or if its just a way to sell invisiglass and powdercoated trim and call it an le

#266 7 years ago

Okay - here's the deal... I just got off the phone with Jen @ Jersey Jack. There are more things coming for the CE that have not been announced yet, and they are planning on making an announcement regarding those additional features ASAP. But what I also found interesting was that the door is still completely open for suggestions and input. So now is the time, and time is of the essence if CE orders will not be accepted after December 31st.

Do we have a list of everyone's ideas catalogued somewhere we can just continue adding to or compiling? Then get it sent in to Jen? If we can do that in the next few hours, it would be great. While she specifically said there may be some things we can't do, she definitely made it sound like there's still some time to slip in some additional ideas from those who want a CE, on top of what JJP still has in store for us, both announced, and not yet announced.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Do we have a list of everyone's ideas catalogued somewhere we can just continue adding to or compiling? Then get it sent in to Jen?

This was a list I threw out to a distributor off top of my head awhile back:
My opinions on what would make me maybe buy a CE:(My general opinion is I hate the idea and all the t-shirts signed items and little stuff in the world means next to nothing, if I am paying $3,500 more, there has to be some meat to make it worth it):

1. All their stuff about Expo and lunch and .... all a bunch of fluff to me. If they were paying for your admission to Expo and a room at hotel for the next JJP reveal and and you got some special lunch with them at that time to see and play the game well in advance or something of the sort, ok now we are getting a little value out of it. Saying you'll get in the room an hour early for the reveal and lunch with Lawlor without any details of when or how or where. Just holds no value to me, in fact it's almost insulting.

2. Adding a "frequent buyers club" or something of the sort for future games. I've now been through the ringer and stuck with them the whole way buying a WOZLE and a Hobbit LE and now one of the Dialed In LEs likely, adding some kind of discount or loyalty to their customers who stuck with them thru the first 2-3 titles and want to beyond. Discounts are #1 thing that would be nice. Free Radcals, who knows just give something back to the people who have been loyal customers. Maybe they get a massive discount to be in on this CE version or future LE versions

3. Obviously getting something more with software would be cool, just hard to be specific on this only having a handful of games on it and it not being completed yet. This one is dangerous to me though, i HATE manufacturers that give more of the game to higher paying customers. Stern flirted with that awhile back and I think it's horrible practice. An LE buyer should have the same playing game as a CE buyer in my opinion. No additional modes or mutiballs or added gameplay or really different playfields(obviously toys may change slightly but doesn't affect core rules). People paying premiums for games should not get left out from someone paying a lot more.

4. Free white glove delivery of the game. Again the much higher cost with what little is added they need something with meat, this carries some value at least of $300-$500.

5. Maybe an incentive to get code updates earlier than general public.
6. Really cool topper, not a cheesy one, something that has a WOW factor to it.
7. Custom pinball cover/protector.
8. Upgraded speakers?
9. A rug, I really enjoy my Big Lebowski rug I got from DP, obviously that was very central to the theme and the movie but it was a really cool addition that I love having in my gameroom.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Aaaaand would you recommend a collectors edition for an extra $3,500. What if Pat Lawlor gave you a back rub wile you played. Jack maybe holds your drink next to you with 10 encouraging words/game(limit 3 games of course for each CE buyer)?
I like the game a lot too and excited to get this thing out but to stay on topic there is jack s$*t to justify this extra price on CE still. I honestly hope they sell none to get these stupid ideas out of manufacturers heads that these ridiculous priced Super LE or CEs is even remotely a cool idea. Total nonsense that is taking the already sketchy idea of LE games to a new level of greed and stupidity. Just my humble and totally accurate opinion of course.

Remember, the first 200 WoZ ECLE's were going to have a genuine Emerald somewhere on the playfield. How did that go?

#269 7 years ago

All great ideas bemmett. I've compiled a list of all the suggestions on this thread to each username that made them, and added yours as well. I'm trying to scour other threads for any remaining ideas floating around and hopefully get back with Jen by 3pm eastern.

- CE’s could remotely link up and play each other in 2-4 player games. When you boot the game and it goes online, it looks for other players who are waiting for a match. You can choose in settings if you want it to notify you when there’s matches, or you can turn it off so you’re not part of the queue of players online looking for a match.

You’ll take your turn, the others “dialed in” to the network play see gameplay from the camera on the game and feeds it to their DE monitor. Your turn ends, next person takes their turn, everyone in the match else sees them play their turn.

- Since the phone is an option, it would be cool to have a Dialed In video version on my phone, so I could play Dialed In when I’m not in front of my machine. But it would also be cool to be able to boot my machine remotely from my phone, and use my phone to control and play the real machine when I’m away as well.

- If my game is on and I walk into the room and it picks up my cell phone and can identify that it’s me, it would be cool if then went on to greet me in some way, and challenged me to a battle, or tries to get me to fight off aliens or a disaster.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You make a completely stupid and irrelevant point.
I don't disagree with you, but nobody was talking about Stern BMLE in this Dialed In CE thread.

Fan boys always feel the need to bash Stern to build up JJP

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

2. Adding a "frequent buyers club" or something of the sort for future games. I've now been through the ringer and stuck with them the whole way buying a WOZLE and a Hobbit LE and now one of the Dialed In LEs likely, adding some kind of discount or loyalty to their customers who stuck with them thru the first 2-3 titles and want to beyond. Discounts are #1 thing that would be nice. Free Radcals, who knows just give something back to the people who have been loyal customers. Maybe they get a massive discount to be in on this CE version or future LE versions

maybe you should find a new distributor? all of my previous customers just received an email last week about MY loyalty program.

I have a couple of customers that ordered Collectors Edition, but the majority are going Limited Edition. If you have extra money and want to be part of a selective group, then I say order the Collectors Edition, but do it from a distributor as they are the ones that take the machines to shows, and they are the ones that come to your house to do service, do the actual delivery and install... or maybe that is just me.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

but do it from a distributor as they are the ones that...come to your house to do service, do the actual delivery and install

Unless you're in the middle of nowhere

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Fan boys always feel the need to bash Stern to build up JJP

Where is Ultimate fanboy Panzer to defend the CE and bash Stern at the same time?

Surely the CE is a F ing bargain to BM66SLE by comparison?

I wonder why they won't sell more than a handful of these and people are lined up 400 deep to get an SLE for more $$$?

#274 7 years ago

Wide body would be great
And side lane diverter you can turn on so young kids can play longer And compete with the adults . Bit like the bowling alleys do for kids .
Hey jack that was jasmins idea

#275 7 years ago

-Nice Topper, Mirrored side blades, Wood Apron (Like WOZECLE) , Coin door powder coated to match trim, numbered 1 of 50 or whatever...In other words it needs to stand out in anybody's collection whatever they do! Bling baby!!!! Come on JJP make it worth it then collectors will have more faith in CE prices....Yes I'm in on one, and have WOZECLE & TH SE

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Adding a "frequent buyers club" or something of the sort for future games.

+1

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

-Nice Topper, Mirrored side blades, Wood Apron (Like WOZECLE) , Coin door powder coated to match trim, numbered 1 of 50 or whatever...In other words it needs to stand out in anybody's collection whatever they do! Bling baby!!!! Come on JJP make it worth it then collectors will have more faith in CE prices....Yes I'm in on one, and have WOZECLE & TH SE

It would help me decide if I knew in writing they would powder coat the coin door and back box hinges along with the legs, lockdown bar etc. Your correct, this pricey pin needs to stand out in line ups that are already shinning in pretty powder coats of all rainbow colors. Fully powder coated on all metal will make it shine!!

The laser cut rails really should be flipper button covering, so the nose pickers and runny noses' remnants can be fully cleaned with a disinfectant. LOL.

Think of Frank Lloyd Wright and how he always wanted the door handle to be inviting, as it is the first touch experience to the user/visitor. Same can be true for start and flipper buttons, IMHO. Dirty, gross flipper buttons are not inviting.

#278 7 years ago

jjp should have had this figured out months ago. still trying to "figure out" what is going to be on CE by dec 31st is ridiculous. its a little more than a week away. they should make it end of feb and do this CE right or else they wont have a selling point for CE on their next pin release. its almost dec 31 cutoff date and its still not clear what extra buyers are getting on dialed in CE

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

jjp should have had this figured out months ago. still trying to "figure out" what is going to be on CE by dec 31st is ridiculous a little more than a week away. they should make it end of feb and do this CE right or else they wont have a selling point for CE on their next pin release. its almost dec 31 cutoff date and its still not clear what extra buyers are getting on dialed in CE

It is pretty clear that the price of the CE is based on rarity - not any "added features."

That is how JJP was able to announce the price way before ever knowing all the features .

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It is pretty clear that the price of the CE is based on rarity - not any "added features."
That is how JJP was able to announce the price way before ever knowing all the features .

I'd rather give the $3,500 to a reputable children's charity.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

It would help me decide if I knew in writing they would powder coat the coin door and back box hinges along with the legs, lockdown bar etc. Your correct, this pricey pin needs to stand out in line ups that are already shinning in pretty powder coats of all rainbow colors. Fully powder coated on all metal will make it shine!!
The laser cut rails really should be flipper button covering, so the nose pickers and runny noses' remnants can be fully cleaned with a disinfectant. LOL.
Think of Frank Lloyd Wright and how he always wanted the door handle to be inviting, as it is the first touch experience to the user/visitor. Same can be true for start and flipper buttons, IMHO. Dirty, gross flipper buttons are not inviting.

Full powder coating and i would upgrade to CE.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yet they were going to sell as many pins as they could sell, "to be fair to everybody who wanted to order", before the 12/31 deadline.

You can't F this CE launch up any worse than they did. And like Mike J said, give the money to charity, you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.

Maybe JJP should just donate the extra $3500 for you to charity. That would sound better.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

YES ...F&c%9^ right -- This is getting to be Bull S&$T. I remember when games were not powder coated...and Stern and Others did not even gave a a S&$T. Now they are doing this -- But they are leaving the Coin Box out and Apron and Shooter Housing plain and IT LOOKS F&^CKIN UGLY and IT IS NOT COMPLETE -- I have to take my stuff off and Send it to Matt or Steve to have it down or have it down local.

COME ON JJP -- NO ONE CARE FOR THE LUNCH OR THE SIGNED COMIC OR THE JACKET -- I AM NOT TRYING TO RIP ON JJP -- I HAVE BOUGHT BOTH OF THEIR TWO GAMES AND SOLD TWO OF THEM TO USE FOR CHARITY AUCTION -- I THINK JJP GAMES ARE GREAT AND AWESOME -- TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH -- JUST SCRAP THE WHOLE IDEA AND JUST MAKE ONE GREAT -- BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO AN CE -- YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT STAND OUT --

FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE -- I DID NOT START THIS POST TO TRY TO TALK ME INTO THE GAME -- I STILL WANT THE GAME -- IT JUST MAKE ME MADE ABOUT SOME OF THE SIGNED STUFF AND OTHER BULL S&$T.

Put it in the game -- Put it in the Game -- PUT IT IN THE GAME!!!!!!

LISTEN JJP -- If I go out -- I would go out completely -- Not even an LE -- I will just wait down the road and maybe get a good used one -- This is important that they listen -- IT MAKE NO SENSE -- IT IS TOTALLY FUNNY......

I WANT TO GET IN AND IN SOME WAYS I AM === BUT I AM NOT DRINKING THIS KOOL AID IF THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE PROPOSING ....I WILL TAKE A STAND AND I WILL BOYCOTT ALL TOGETHER -- THAT WILL BE THE WAY THAT I PROTEST.....

IF THEY LISTEN --- THEY WILL SELL MORE -- AND I WILL BE IN -- BUT .....

WILL THEY LISTEN???

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Jack went on to say that right now on collector edition games will be sold out as of December 31 2016 at midnight. That’s the end of them, and they will make an announcement of how many were sold. Jack says there’s good response to the game. If you didn’t play it yet, know that Jack will be around the world with it and there’s games in different places now like Australia and Germany, and other locations.

Then January 1st, JJP will announce due to high demand, a "SCE Blue", which is the Super Collector Edition. And as for tour the world with it, That doesnt mean anything, He will more than likely hit every show at least twice with it before one gets into a home.

I did that ride with JJP twice, i learned my lesson

#285 7 years ago

Any mistakes or delays in the past are history and lessons learned. The prepay model was killed. A second (albeit smaller) production line was added midway through Hobbit production. Now two titles can be built at once. They're getting stocked up on WOZ and Hobbit, then guess what? Hobbit comes off the main line and Dialed In comes on. It's real close.

Dialed In is supposed to go into production in January with delivery taking place around April. Seems to be moving along fairly well in my opinion. Granted, that doesn't necessarily reverse the amount of time people had to wait for WOZ or Hobbit but it's definitely a lot of progress.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Any mistakes or delays in the past are history and lessons learned. The prepay model was killed. A second (albeit smaller) production line was added midway through Hobbit production. Now two titles can be built at once. They're getting stocked up on WOZ and Hobbit, then guess what? Hobbit comes off the main line and Dialed In comes on. It's real close.
Dialed In is supposed to go into production in January with delivery taking place around April. Seems to be moving along fairly well in my opinion. Granted, that doesn't necessarily reverse the amount of time people had to wait for WOZ or Hobbit but it's definitely a lot of progress.

Let's hope all this is correct. If Dialed In is indeed in people's homes in April it would be impressive.

#287 7 years ago

In regards to what I've said, it's not speculation at all. It's based on everything that's been announced, all the chatter from launch parties, buffalo pinball, & etc. with Jack, my conversations with Jack directly a few times since Dialed In was announced, my visits to the factory, talking with Jen, and etc. So if everything I've heard and seen is correct and nothing major comes up to change any of that, I do expect to see some deliveries in April. And if I'm wrong, feel free to come back to this post in April and down vote the crap out of it. I'll probably talk with JJP 2-3 more times this week alone.

#288 7 years ago

The CE could actually have some code related enhancements that would not alter or change gameplay from the standard or LE's.

Maybe the CE model could add the ability to have "users" like on an Apple or PC, and the users can be switched, so they can all get their own lifetime game stats piling up. Total game plays for all users combined and those kinds of stats would still go on the main game audits as well.

I really enjoyed some of the ridiculous stats grand theft auto kept track of. It was pretty cool seeing how many weird things you could achieve.

So on that note, we don't really want to have the CE with gameplay or code that makes it more of a game than the standard or LE, unlike what happens on pro, premium and other LE's for example.

But what about maybe adding some other "side games" on top of the normal game. Maybe the CE could offer other games within the game. Like challenges - hit the ramp 10x in a row in under 1 minute for an achievement could be one maybe. Keep it in the pop bumpers for over a minute, get an achievement. Hit all drop targets without hitting a pop bumper. There could also be other stuff like sequences of shots you gotta make in a row. I picture levels, like tetris, or something you have to do from memory like Simon. Maybe it lights a series of 5 different inserts you gotta remember and hit in a row in order one by one. A challenges wizard mode could be something virtually or almost impossible like hit every switch 1 time before hitting a switch for a second time (bumpers and pops may need excluded). There's tons of gimmicky side missions and games that could be spun out of that and it would give CE owners something very unique they could play through for a change of pace and to really mix it up and test skills on various parts of the game and aspects of pinball play.

Something needs done with code so when updates are done, it doesn't reset the lifetime games started/played counters, the CE would be a good place to start and then roll that out on all other model JJP games at some point. Collectors and buyers on the secondary market could all benefit from those numbers being true and accurate.

There's been a lot of good ideas posted on here so far. Mine are kind of off the wall and ridiculous and I'm sure I'll come up with more nonsense.

#289 7 years ago

I like your idea of additional stats tracking and bonus challenges over time by player. I agree that I don't want to see gameplay features go to the realm of CE only, but some addons not part of the core game could be neat.

Also Pretty sure your right that Diald In's will be shipping in April. Jack has already mentioned that there are one or two per day rolling off the assembly line. Certainly some are demos, but some of it is likely building up an inventory of complete games as we speak while the software gets buttoned up a little more.

#290 7 years ago

The other thing about the additional stats tracking and bonus challenges is they can go ahead and stay on production schedule and just add that stuff a little later if need be as long as CE owners know it's going to be delivered.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

In regards to what I've said, it's not speculation at all. It's based on everything that's been announced, all the chatter from launch parties, buffalo pinball, & etc. with Jack, my conversations with Jack directly a few times since Dialed In was announced, my visits to the factory, talking with Jen, and etc. So if everything I've heard is correct and nothing major comes up to change any of that, I do expect to see some deliveries in April. And if I'm wrong, feel free to come back to this post in April and down vote the crap out of it. I'll probably talk with JJP 2-3 more times this week alone.

If you get a chance, ask Jack if he can indicate to me and my wife that the 12.5K will include the powder coated coin door, shooter housing and backbox hinges with lollypop side rails and lockdown bar. She indicated that respectively didn't want any clothing or comic book stuff such as that. She wants Dialed In to Stand Out in her lineup including Stern LEs and Ruby Red WOZ. White Glove set-up would be a classy touch for us old folks with more money than muscle. She doesn't want the Stern LEs or even the upgraded powder coated Ironman to look better than Dialed In. Cant blame her, especially if it is the first pin to be set up in the living room.

The additional materials and labor for a full powder coat treatment is minimal if the coating work is done at the same time and place. The tough part is finding competent, consistent powder coaters. Project management needs to be alert and proactive to get all the metal pieces coated at the same time and place, but you are paying for that already, just a few more pieces to get coated.

BTW: No Worries, No Bad Days. Its all good. Happy Hanukah and Merry Christmas!!! Big Thanks JJP!!!

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

COME ON JJP -- NO ONE CARE FOR THE LUNCH OR THE SIGNED COMIC OR THE JACKET -- I AM NOT TRYING TO RIP ON JJP -- I HAVE BOUGHT BOTH OF THEIR TWO GAMES AND SOLD TWO OF THEM TO USE FOR CHARITY AUCTION -- I THINK JJP GAMES ARE GREAT AND AWESOME -- TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH -- JUST SCRAP THE WHOLE IDEA AND JUST MAKE ONE GREAT -- BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO AN CE -- YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT STAND OUT --
FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT THERE -- I DID NOT START THIS POST TO TRY TO TALK ME INTO THE GAME -- I STILL WANT THE GAME -- IT JUST MAKE ME MADE ABOUT SOME OF THE SIGNED STUFF AND OTHER BULL S&$T.

Dude your caps lock is stuck,you should check on that...

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Put it in the game -- Put it in the Game -- PUT IT IN THE GAME!!!!!!

Breath in...breath out...

#294 7 years ago

My loving wife wanted Jack to know that she would be willing to pay an additional 1K if the pin was rated for outdoor use with NEMA 3R, NEMA 4, or whatever NEMA rating electrical components are needed and UL/FM testing required, so we can put the Dialed In under the back covered patio and not the Living Room. Seal the cabinet boxes up tight with positive forced flow filtered ventilation out the bottom, and stand on a rubber mat and under the pin legs too. The lockdown bar would likely need a "rain gutter" on its top side directing liquid flow to the side including a Neoprene/EPDM layered gasket system along the playfield glass edges. Think car window sealing materials and methods.

We (among others I am sure) have discussed the technical ability to get a pinball rated for outdoor use, but are surprised it has not happened. We could buy more pins if we could start a line up along the outdoor covered patio. Think of it!! We have outdoor electrical gear operated by people in the desert heat (add AC) and northern freezing cold (add heater). An Outdoor Option on will likely get done eventually by someone. Why not JJP? An Outdoor option on "Dialed In" could likely give JJP an edge on sales. Definitely cutting edge.

"Cutting Edge"

#295 7 years ago

Jack said at FPF that production and shipping would be second quarter of 2017. DI will get into production soon but not in January I don't think. Regardless, it will be before you know it. Hobbit will be wrapping up although WOZ will continue as there are still orders for it and the license is still good for another year.

#296 7 years ago

I get the whole concept of LE, CE, Supa Dupa LE etc but I really can't see value in the CE. There is nothing I would miss if I were getting a standard and I am not anyway.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Just so you know, All this was said when Hobbit was announced to. JJP said that they learned from their mistakes and that Hobbit would not have the delays that Woz had. Well, i can tell you from a day 1 order, that didnt happen. So with JJP, i wouldnt sit here and argue that im wrong and that this game will be on time, until they can at least get one game out on time.

#298 7 years ago

I wasn't saying you were wrong or trying to argue that point. Things changed drastically since about midway thru hobbit production; that is the big difference from here, from that point forward I see the progress, have been there and etc. It is definitely improving.

#299 7 years ago

Yup, that's the bed they made for themselves. I can't blame people for feeling the way that they do after the delays in WOZ and Hobbit production. Proof for people will come when they see the changes and not when they read or hear about them. It makes sense. Hobbit has been in production for less than one year and already preparations are being made to switch the main line over to Dialed In. Once people see Dialed In rolling down the line and announcements start coming about game four, slowly they will be convinced. Until then, I get it.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's hope all this is correct. If Dialed In is indeed in people's homes in April it would be impressive.

Last I heard DI go's on the line in April not Jan when did things change

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/6?hl=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.