Topic Stats

• 1,251 posts
  • 200 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pinstyle
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 153 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190208_054625 (resized).jpg
20190208_054640 (resized).jpg
77295864-A9C0-497F-8090-E060EA0822AB (resized).jpeg
B6FCD183-53C8-4B7A-9B8D-D7D6D52967C4 (resized).jpeg
88CD56B3-48F5-48FC-A365-D981CA9FC51A (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1539966865750 (resized).jpg
20181006_120832 (resized).jpg
7D55C269-5BD0-4F18-9CAA-DE22A09ADC8C (resized).jpeg
AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 26.
#201 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I just ordered a Hobbit Smaug SE .

Quoted from TRAMD:

I am the person that a Dialed In CE is directed towards. Am I buying one? Nope. Am I buying a standard or LE? Nope, never. I have not played it but even if it were the best playing pinball of all time the theme is stupid and the machine is an eyesore

I saw Hobbit and Dialed In! side by side today. To me Dialed In! was miles ahead of the Hobbit in terms of artwork, layout and gameplay. Dialed in! just looks a lot more vibrant, fun, polished and modern and it plays so much better too. That's just my opinion but I seriously think you should give it a chance.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And if that's the new chapter that JJP is entering then they won't be selling as many pinball machines as they think they will.
The $8k plus pin market is gonna end badly as the realization of losing $$ on the secondary market starts to go widespread. Gonna happen.

The big hope is that they sell quite a few to new people that don't care about it's value down the road. But they will be doing well if they can replace most of those that do care. At 8k they are going to find out that the game AND theme has to be liked big-time.

#203 2 years ago

I wonder what the customized software is going to be about -- Anyone have any ideas or insights on that feature for the CE version.

Will the Toppers for the CE's only be made available to the CE's? I wonder if there will be any images or pics prior to the deadline -- You think that might do that to have those interested to lock in prior to the due date - This is kind of interesting -- Kind of curious what they are talking about on the Expo -- Is it just a pass to got to the expo - Just saying -- Kind of curious.

Customized Software does have me curious as does the Topper and some of the other features -- I guess stay tuned for more info to come from the JJP team.

#204 2 years ago

12,500 they better give you a lot of stuff! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I wonder what the customized software is going to be about -- Anyone have any ideas or insights on that feature for the CE version.
Will the Toppers for the CE's only be made available to the CE's? I wonder if there will be any images or pics prior to the deadline -- You think that might do that to have those interested to lock in prior to the due date - This is kind of interesting -- Kind of curious what they are talking about on the Expo -- Is it just a pass to got to the expo - Just saying -- Kind of curious.
Customized Software does have me curious as does the Topper and some of the other features -- I guess stay tuned for more info to come from the JJP team.

You seem determined to sell yourself on this CE.

#206 2 years ago

buy this pin, whats the most you could lose, 4000???

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I saw Hobbit and Dialed In! side by side today. To me Dialed In! was miles ahead of the Hobbit in terms of artwork, layout and gameplay. Dialed in! just looks a lot more vibrant, fun, polished and modern and it plays so much better too. That's just my opinion but I seriously think you should give it a chance.

I agree with your feelings on the game. I spent a lot of time playing it, and it is the most fun I have had playing any pinball machine in the last 6 years. The shots all felt unique. I feel confident it is going to sell really well. This may be my first NIB. I would get the standard edition of course.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You seem determined to sell yourself on this CE.

Yeah I really don't get it. Your collection shows that you own at least $100,000 in pins, if it's accurate. But you're wondering if you should spend a couple grand more for the CE? If I had that kind of money to throw into pins, I wouldn't even blink at a couple grand.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yeah I really don't get it. Your collection shows that you own at least $100,000 in pins, if it's accurate. But you're wondering if you should spend a couple grand more for the CE? If I had that kind of money to throw into pins, I wouldn't even blink at a couple grand.

People with lots of money also tend to be people who pinch pennies.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Ita not about the money. I paid over 16000 for the #150 AMH and it was for a good cause. Will i get get that for that game...Probably not and i dont care...it was a good cause.....on this its about what they are including in the game and yes I have over 100,000 in games and just spend over 11,000 in mods and going to spend more because there are some great companies out there that are make some really cool stuff for these games and by Sping I will have an Open House at my office where ALL of these games will be able to be played and I am going to do a special Open Event to all Pinsiders that want to come and enjoy these games...food and just hang out and have some fun. THAT WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON BY END OF THIS MONTH.

I work hard and for those of you out there know me...I work hard and earn every bit of what i have. I enjoy Pinball Machines and my Vipers and other cars.

Not talking myself into one...I am down for one....I just wanted it to be released before the 12 / 31 date to make sure that we are just not adding some signed stuff and a Jacket....It needed to be more than that and I am glad to see that more was added and the software might be interesting.

i have more information and promise that I would not revel until it is official and is for certain and hopefully more details are going to be mentioned...but this really could be something that will be unique and interesting

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Not rich...Just work hard for what I have...and all my games are open to the public to play for free except for my Lord of the Rings...Black Spiderman and BBB. I love seeing their faces and the little kids paying the games. There is nothing like this in our area and to have those come in off the streets and enjoy these games is awesome. I am hoping to add this to the collection...I am just taking a stronger stance on it before it is all final and I am glad to see that they did add more.

#212 2 years ago

Have you had a chance to play it yet? If you like it and have the funds such that it won't take away from anything else you like to do... why not. I'd be interested in any pictures you take of the extra bling to see what its all about.

#213 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Have you had a chance to play it yet? If you like it and have the funds such that it won't take away from anything else you like to do... why not. I'd be interested in any pictures you take of the extra bling to see what its all about.

Yes ...i played it...very nice game and very well made.

#214 2 years ago

I'd say prepare to be disappointed. Maybe, a different animation to emphasize the CE version. If it was a different gameplay mode, exclusive to CE, that might add real value.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Except when it comes to their toys or other things they deem worth while, I've seen people go after the phone company for a $15 overcharge or freak out because the bank charged them for services, these are people with big money but no issue at all blowing $500 on Sushi or a few hundred for a bottle of wine, I'll take a happy meal and a TWD topper thank you very much.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Except when it comes to their toys or other things they deem worth while, I've seen people go after the phone company for a $15 overcharge or freak out because the bank charged them for services, these are people with big money but no issue at all blowing $500 on Sushi or a few hundred for a bottle of wine, I'll take a happy meal and a TWD topper thank you very much.

I like my Happy Meals -- Especially the Minions Toys -- I would not spend money on Sushi. But I do respect that some will spend money on some items and other would not - All I am saying on this topic is that JJP needs to reveal ALL the items before the deadline date and those that want it -- Can get it and those that do not -- Will NOt -- But even the new list for the CE is not clear -- YES there is the Topper / the lazer Etch rails / Signed Book and such -- But what about the code -- That could be the most interesting -- But I give them props for adding more to the game other than a Lunch and a signed Book. But I think some are still on the fence because it is STILL not 100% on what they are getting --

Regardless -- The GAME IS AWESOME and I know it is going to be fun -- and I hope to have it at our OPEN HOUSE PARTY that I will be doing for those here on Pinside that can attend.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's not about pinching pennies - it about being able to choose what you do with your money - if the phone company overcharges you $15, that's also called STEALING. This is (one of the) ways people become wealthy. Don't get ripped off. That $15 can become $20, $25, $50 down the road. Multiply it out, it adds up fast.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's not about pinching pennies - it about being able to choose what you do with your money - if the phone company overcharges you $15, that's also called STEALING. This is (one of the) ways people become wealthy. Don't get ripped off. That $15 can become $20, $25, $50 down the road. Multiply it out, it adds up fast.

Yeah and over 50 years that might impact the money difference between a standard and LE, I gotta tell ya I wouldn't give 2 shits about a $15 dollar mishap on a bill if I made a million dollars a year, $500 for some raw fish? that's the real rip off, I mean at least cook it for that kinda dough.

#219 2 years ago

So Pinballs.com held a small party yesterday in Milford, CT. Jack himself was there and somebody had mentioned what made this edition worthy of the price point it's at. It's a toy essentially and a big investment. What is in the CE is still up in the air ironically enough. Jack reads Pinside, FB, etc and wants exactly what you guys want as stated in suggestions in this thread. He wants stuff that "wows" you instead of the usual alternate translite or topper. He doesn't think people will want a CE with that stuff or a signed comic.

He is one man though of many including Pat Lawlor however. What I think potential and active CE buyers should do is contact JJP via e-mail or post your thoughts on their FB page. Just be respectful about it and make your voice heard rather than on Pinside. JJP are very open to idea's and cater to the customer very much so. Just be quick about it because there is not many days left and I think they will change stuff for the CE past that time if people are vocal enough.

Also the game, artwork, etc is pretty awesome so what you have read/seen/heard about is true!

#220 2 years ago

Not rich...Just work hard for what I have...and all my games are open to the public to play for free except for my Lord of the Rings...Black Spiderman and BBB. I love seeing their faces and the little kids paying the games. There is nothing like this in our area and to have those come in off the streets and enjoy these games is awesome. I am hoping to add this to the collection...I am just taking a stronger stance on it before it is all final and I am glad to see that they did add more.

Kudos to you for this. Sounds wonderful

#221 2 years ago

If Dialed In can play pinball automatically without a player being present, but through use of the cell phone, that would be a great feature to allow me to check in on the kids every so often....sneaky like

Some business owners' accountants advise their clients to purchase "office supplies" before the end of tax season, December 31. Biz owners have the machine delivered to the office, paid with office funds and set the machine up at the office break room, or in your office to take the Tax Break. With a tax break, the machine is more near affordable.

I wish JJP would have flipper button guard rails..... C'mon Man!!

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

So Pinballs.com held a small party yesterday in Milford, CT. Jack himself was there and somebody had mentioned what made this edition worthy of the price point it's at. It's a toy essentially and a big investment. What is in the CE is still up in the air ironically enough. Jack reads Pinside, FB, etc and wants exactly what you guys want as stated in suggestions in this thread. He wants stuff that "wows" you instead of the usual alternate translite or topper. He doesn't think people will want a CE with that stuff or a signed comic.
He is one man though of many including Pat Lawlor however. What I think potential and active CE buyers should do is contact JJP via e-mail or post your thoughts on their FB page. Just be respectful about it and make your voice heard rather than on Pinside. JJP are very open to idea's and cater to the customer very much so. Just be quick about it because there is not many days left and I think they will change stuff for the CE past that time if people are vocal enough.
Also the game, artwork, etc is pretty awesome so what you have read/seen/heard about is true!

Trust me....I have done that....I dont think this is Jack has thw final say....I have voiced my views and ideas....and I think others have as well to him. And as you can see its signed stuff and a lunch and thing at the next Expo that those CE owners get a heads up on the next reveal and a chance to play the game before it goes public.....A jacket...and some small stuff in the game that is still not sure what it means by different code. I think he is definitely trying his best....

#223 2 years ago

I don't understand people trying to talk someone out of a $12K toy based on value arguments? It's not like we are evaluating a stock market purchase. If someone likes the game, wants one and has expendable income, I say buy the CE and eff what anyone else thinks.

#224 2 years ago

At $8K, the standard is packed full of everything and not stripped down of components that change the gameplay or rules in anyway, which is nice. For $9K you get extra bling which is nice, and fairly priced in comparison to the standard's offerings and price. For $12K, the CE is a bit more of a hike, but after hearing Jack speak about some of the ideas they were contemplating, I think it will offer a very unique and personalized experience while also making each CE a one of a kind game for every owner. I'd confidently assume JJP will deliver a solid game regardless of which version people choose.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I don't understand people trying to talk someone out of a $12K toy based on value arguments? It's not like we are evaluating a stock market purchase. If someone likes the game, wants one and has expendable income, I say buy the CE and eff what anyone else thinks.

Except he started the thread asking people's opinions and thoughts, I guess that's why they call it a forum.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Except he started the thread asking people's opinions and thoughts, I guess that's why they call it a forum.

Good point. Same conclusion. If someone likes the game, wants one and has expendable income, I say buy the CE and eff what anyone else thinks (and don't start this thread in the first place).

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Good point. Same conclusion. If someone likes the game, wants one and has expendable income, I say buy the CE and eff what anyone else thinks (and don't start this thread in the first place).

I continued to hope for a lot more and didn't see even close to enough to justify the price for me. I'll likely be sticking with my LE unless some more news comes out of tons of additional offerings related to the CE. Not looking like it tho.

#228 2 years ago

ce 12,500.00 stay tuned for what it comes with. great selling point.

#229 2 years ago

From a business point of view he has to sell at least 25 CE's imo because he will almost certainly lose some LE sales as people like to be top-of-the-range customers. This will never be accurately known but if the LE sells less than expected I believe it will be a factor. My gut feeling is having a CE is a mistake. It gives the impression that he thinks plenty of pinball fans have more money than sense.

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

From a business point of view he has to sell at least 25 CE's imo because he will almost certainly lose some LE sales as people like to be top-of-the-range customers. This will never be accurately known but if the LE sells less than expected I believe it will be a factor. My gut feeling is having a CE is a mistake. It gives the impression that he thinks plenty of pinball fans have more money than sense.

It does look bad when you already know what you are going to charge the customer, but you are still unclear on what the package will include.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It does look bad when you already know what you are going to charge the customer, but you are still unclear on what the package will include.

I have to agree. The Collector's edition should include something extra and not just lunch with Elvis. Maybe something extra on the playfield and something special in the software.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It is an indication that this is about money from the buyer, nothing about the actual product.

There is no justification for the price if they don't know what they're offering, only that they know how much it will cost.

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It is an indication that this is about money from the buyer, nothing about the actual product.

yeah, its called business.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I have to agree. The Collector's edition should include something extra and not just lunch with Elvis. Maybe something extra on the playfield and something special in the software.

Question.... how common has it been historically to have more advanced/enhanced software for the different versions of a game (standard/pro, premium/le, ce, etc.). If you combined more advanced playfields (like Stern) ALONG with some clear differentiations in code, I think companies could much better sell the value proposition of going with the exclusive packages. There's real value in more modes, etc. What are some of the best examples of games that have had clear value adds from a code standpoint on the higher end (le/ce) versions?

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

yeah, its called business.

Sure. Not necessarily good though.

Offer what the customer wants.

But nobody here knows what is being offered, including JJP. They just know how much it costs.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Sure. Not necessarily good though.
Offer what the customer wants.
But nobody here knows what is being offered, including JJP. They just know how much it costs.

yet its still selling, so they are doing what the customer base wants. shit stern does not even announce a game and people are trying to pay for it, GB before it was announced, ACDC, Star Wars, Star Trek...

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

If you combined more advanced playfields (like Stern) ALONG with some clear differentiations in code, I think companies could much better sell the value proposition of going with the exclusive packages. There's real value in more modes, etc.

If you only sell 25-50 CE's then those funds likely will not also pay for the extra code and sound efforts for the different functional (mechanically activated) modes. A different attract video with some audio does not take as much (i.e. Smaug). The easiest to incorporate for value is for some extra playfield toys and a gadget or two, a special cool topper, some extra bling that could be something hard to make in bulk for the larger order size of LEs.

I'm sure Pat has lots of wishlist ideas for the extras, it is just a matter of what on that wishlist can actually be done (based on function and logistics as oppose to dollars). JJP isn't going to tell you what Pat "wants" to do for the extras and then disappoint when some of it doesn't pan out. Heighway put out some planning ideas for Alien that did not ultimately work in the game (logistically). Some were disappointed. JJP seems like they will only tell you when the parts are proven and ordered.

That's my theory ... right or wrong.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

yet its still selling, so they are doing what the customer base wants. shit stern does not even announce a game and people are trying to pay for it, GB before it was announced, ACDC, Star Wars, Star Trek...

We're talking about the 25 CE's here, not exactly their customer base.

I concede there are probably at least 25 people who don't care about features. They'll still buy it.

#240 2 years ago

I am on the fence. If JJP would offer upgraded side rails that cover around the flipper buttons so I can do my Felix Unger thing and clean the grossest part of the machine with a strong cleaner that wont mess with the art and still gives that "clean" feeling when I clean the machine. Funny? Maybe but that is a lot of $12,500 + shipping. And why not add the coin door to be color matched with the other beautiful armor? How about an Interactive Topper? If your looking to justify the 12.500 number, those elements can make sense to me.

How about a drone topper that is pre programmed to take off and fly around the machine and your head and land back in its topper space during multi ball or other award? 12,500 for sure. Way cool....

JJP: let us know what could be and will be, before December 31st so we can make an educated decision. LE or CE. Thank you!!

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I am on the fence. If JJP would offer upgraded side rails that cover around the flipper buttons so I can do my Felix Unger thing and clean the grossest part of the machine with a strong cleaner that wont mess with the art and still gives that "clean" feeling when I clean the machine. Funny? Maybe but that is a lot of $12,500 + shipping. And why not add the coin door to be color matched with the other beautiful armor? How about an Interactive Topper? If your looking to justify the 12.500 number, those elements can make sense to me.
How about a drone topper that is pre programmed to take off and fly around the machine and your head and land back in its topper space during multi ball or other award? 12,500 for sure. Way cool....
JJP: let us know what could be and will be, before December 31st so we can make an educated decision. LE or CE. Thank you!!

Love the ideas! Yeah I always have to send my coin doors off for matching powder coating...just completes the look! Man I really wish they would go back to the wood apron topper like on Woz ECLE...TH would have been even more impressive with it...Just looks so much sleeker....

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Love the ideas! Yeah I always have to send my coin doors off for matching powder coating...just completes the look! Man I really wish they would go back to the wood apron topper like on Woz ECLE...TH would have been even more impressive with it...Just looks so much sleeker....

Seems like it's an opportunity for someone to setup shop selling wooden apron mods.

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Seems like it's an opportunity for someone to setup shop selling wooden apron mods.

Agreed can't believe somebody with that talent hasn't worked on something like that....there is room for it on TH....

Unfortunately (Don't hate please :)I'm one that is willing to gamble on Dialed In CE and am willing to accept the outcome even if it becomes a huge mistake!! Either way I end up blowing a lot $$$$ modding them out so I'm going for it..

#244 2 years ago

The name "Dialed In" seems to be misleading if the CE features are not completely dialed in yet.

BTW: I like the name Dialed In, as I use that phrase often during project work, etc. Get it Dialed In and we are ready to go....rock and roll baby!!! Get 'er done.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I agree. Please let all the people buy the CE if they want to. I want to see JJP continue to be successful so that we can see a game 2 and 3 from Pat's mystical mind!

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I agree. Please let all the people buy the CE if they want to. I want to see JJP continue to be successful so that we can see a game 2 and 3 from Pat's mystical mind!

I will be skipping CE on this one for sure but if they make it cool enough it *might* be something to consider on a future game if the theme or license is something that really speaks to me.

I got my issue of pinball magazine the other day and looking at the Dialed in photos in print...wow... to me it looks totally different than the online photos and videos. The colors seem to really pop in print (and I'm sure in person as well) where as the online photos don't. Wierd...

#247 2 years ago

Jersey Jack just did a FaceBook live video. I took some notes of what Jack said regarding the CE, most of the info is known, some may be new. He rattled off a list of CE features in the video including:

quantum haze color body armor with wet look
backglass with different art
invisiglass
shaker
3d etched artwork on theatre
laser cut side armor
metal collector plate and numbering
topper
custom software
mirrored backpanel
signed comic book
collectors plaque signed by Pat Lawlor, John Youssi and Jersey Jack
a jacket w/ your name, dialed in artwork on back, jjp logo on front
doing a lunch special w/ Jack & Pat & members of design & production team

Jack went on to say that right now on collector edition games will be sold out as of December 31 2016 at midnight. That’s the end of them, and they will make an announcement of how many were sold. Jack says there’s good response to the game. If you didn’t play it yet, know that Jack will be around the world with it and there’s games in different places now like Australia and Germany, and other locations. More games are going out in January, Jack will be in CA and is working on scheduling now.

Phone can change the weather as well as flip it and a lot more to come. Games that are being shown are still only at about 20% code.

You can come to JJP Headquarters to play it at the factory, but please call ahead. There is one heading to Silverball Museum in a few weeks as well.

There is also one in Chicago at Level 257, you can play at the JJP factory, Automated has one in Milford, CT, there's one in Germany at Freddies, and the one in Austrailia.

Not Dialed In related, but Jen mentioned that Radcals for Black Arrow are now available and a first round of WOZ rad cals are also available now.

Jack says they're still building about 5 WOZ per day, and continue to get sales for that title every day as well.

#248 2 years ago

my dream to be able to wear that jjp jacket for Allentown 2017! only 12,500.00 very tempting..........

#249 2 years ago

Damn....just got my WOZ from Jack on Friday...wish I knew about the radcals

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 189.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 1251 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside