AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

When and where Richie?

Nevermind, Just got the e-mail from Jen...

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Nevermind, Just got the e-mail from Jen...

Wow... she’s working late..

#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Wonder if this could be a good time for them to bring those game manuals for those of us that have not got theirs....
Now...Now....
I know....Dont push it....One thing at a time....lol

Quite a few people haven't had manual, jacket or comic.

#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Quite a few people haven't had manual, jacket or comic.

COMIC??????

WHAT COMIC??????

#1205 5 years ago

COMIC??????
WHAT COMIC??????

I would have assumed that you'd studied the feature matrix quite extensively. Apparently not.

"Signed CE Comic Book."

Seems they've updated the matrix with details of the lunch, with Pat & design team @ Chicago office ... though maybe they did that a while ago.

CE (resized).PNGCE (resized).PNG

#1206 5 years ago

COMIC??????
WHAT COMIC??????

Just curious why you type ALL CAPS? Is that just YOUR STYLE??

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

TYPE LOUDER. NOT ALL OF US HAVE GOOD HEARING.

I GOT "ALL CAPS" AND "YOUR STYLE". REST IS UNINTELLIGIBLE.

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

TYPE LOUDER. NOT ALL OF US HAVE GOOD HEARING.
I GOT "ALL CAPS" AND "YOUR STYLE". REST IS UNINTELLIGIBLE.

Haha well played.

#1209 5 years ago

Just guessing that richiewrench does all of his own accounting. ACCOUNTING people all seem to have their CAPS key STUCK. Did you every notice that?

#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Somebody has wrench loose. Or maybe tighten up the nuts with the wrench?

#1211 5 years ago

I did not get a comic....i will have to double check that....and politely ask for one if I did not get one...Sure that will not be an issue.

Game is great and amazing....

Just curious on one thing...I updated the game and not the topper lights up....but really does nothing....am I missing something here or is it really just that plane and just lights up...???

OH...BY THE WAY....CAPS DO GET STUCK WHEN I GET EXCITED.....

ITS PLUMBING THING......

#1212 5 years ago

OKAY -- This is a copy of the email that I sent Jen / Jack and Joe for my RSVP. Now -- If any of you want to add to the list -- Please start here and start with Number #41 and Lets keep the questions going -- But I think I covered most of the concerns.

HELLO.....

HECK YEAH -- I am totally in for the party

Please put me down for the dinner

Got a few questions

1. Will Jack be there?
2. Will Joe Newhart be there?
3. Will Pat be there?
4. Will there be a shuttle bus?
5. By any chance will there be a DI CE game there for us to play?
6. Is there a dress code?
7. Are we allow to wear our DI jackets?
8. Can we bring our own beer? I don't drink -- But asking for someone else that is to chicken shit to ask the question....
9. Is there going to be an after hours party or dance? I cant dance -- But I hear Joe is a good dancer....
10. Can we bring our phones to take pictures?
11. What kind for food will be serving - If not Lobster - Will I be allowed to bring my own and just use their grills to cook my own lobsters tails?
12. Can I bring my family and friends? -- Have about 15 that I could add to the list.
13. Are we allow to talk about how the part numbers are on the stickers on the Topper -- Bugs the shit out of me - LOL....
14. Are we allow to wear sunglasses?
15. Can I have the English version for the Buca Di Beppo -- I can not pronounce that -- Is that French? Need the English version...
16. Will be be like a light show or band at the dinner?
17. Will desert be allowed after the dinner?
18. Can we bring our manuals to be singed...
19. Are we going to be allowed to asked about the other games for #5, #6, #7 and #8 that will be done by JJP?
20. OH...Yeah -- Can there be like a silent poll at the dinner about the Powder Coating of the doors?
21. Will there be a indoor firework show?
22. Can I talk to Joe and Pat about doing a Richie Wrench Pinball Game for #9? -- I would waive my license fees....
23. Will be be like a Vegas Show before the dinner like with Tigers or Lions or Pigeons? Either One is fine...
24. Can I request for low lighting at the dinner? Like candles or something like that...
25. Will there be an option for fried ice cream?
26. Can I bring my Richie Wrench Bobblehead?
27. Are pets allowed?
28. Will there be valet parking?
29. Will there be assigned seating by DI CE Number or by our last names?
30. I know the dinner is at 6 PM CST -- But what about those that live on the East and West Coast???
31. For those that do not RSVP -- Can we have another dinner party next year till all are able to show up at one time?
32. Can I bring my cat -- Mandy? She is for emotional support...
33. Will the whole DI team be at the dinner?
34. Can we talk about politics - "Pinball Politics" at the dinner?
35. Can we video the dinner to be played on You Tube later after the dinner?
36. Will waivers need to be singed before going to the dinner?
37. Will there be a special guest speaker at the dinner?
38. Will there be donuts?
39. Can I take pictures with Pat and Jack at the dinner?
40. Can I sit next to Joe Newhart at the Dinner? I just want to bug the shit out of him all night...

Okay -- Like I mentioned above - Just a few questions. I think that these are important to address and will set the rules and guidelines for all of us to have a safe and enjoyable dinner.

This is a great game made by a great team and company -- The last thing we need is for someone to show up with a cat name Mandy if it is not allowed. Just sayin.

Thanks again

Richard Folks
Vice-President
D&R Plumbing, Heating & Air, Inc.
Phone (309) 451-1290
Fax (309) 454-4114

#1213 5 years ago

Okay -- Just so you all know

Yes - Mandy is real

20170830_211506 (resized).jpg20170830_211506 (resized).jpg20170831_000922 (resized).jpg20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
#1214 5 years ago

41. Will LTG : ) Be there ?

LTG : )

#1215 5 years ago

SHHHHHH!!!!!.........texting Joe in 19 Minutes.....

#1216 5 years ago

Ya he text me at 3am and woke me up... so....

4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).pngAE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpegAE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
#1217 5 years ago

Richie you can sit next to Slash. He has bodyguards so good luck with that.

(Disclaimer : No, Slash will not be there)

7D55C269-5BD0-4F18-9CAA-DE22A09ADC8C (resized).jpeg7D55C269-5BD0-4F18-9CAA-DE22A09ADC8C (resized).jpeg
#1218 5 years ago

Richie, Joe...Im smelling a reality show here.
Mandy is just adorable, bring her, Jack loves cats.
Joe, that's some funny shit.
Richie will be able to feel his presence.LOL
43- Can we make Bob look like a Richie Wrench doll?

#1219 5 years ago

So here is Jack response today -- He is asking me to hold off on any additional questions till the dinner....

Good Morning,

After starting this company and answering tens of thousands of questions, I have to congratulate you Mr. Wrench for your very well though out and valuable questions.

I did my best to answer in a timely manner. I understand that there may be more questions and while we encourage you to ask, it may be better to hold some of them for the evening of this wonderful celebratory dinner.

Please know that we may have some questions for you as well so be prepared to reply in kind.

Thank you again for doing your best to make us smile, that’s what it’s all about!

Jack

On Sep 22, 2018, at 12:59 AM, Richard Folks <[email protected]> wrote:

HELLO.....

HECK YEAH -- I am totally in for the party

Please put me down for the dinner

Got a few questions

1. Will Jack be there?
2. Will Joe Newhart be there?
3. Will Pat be there?
4. Will there be a shuttle bus?
5. By any chance will there be a DI CE game there for us to play?
6. Is there a dress code?
7. Are we allow to wear our DI jackets?
8. Can we bring our own beer? I don't drink -- But asking for someone else that is to chicken shit to ask the question....
9. Is there going to be an after hours party or dance? I cant dance -- But I hear Joe is a good dancer....
10. Can we bring our phones to take pictures?
11. What kind for food will be serving - If not Lobster - Will I be allowed to bring my own and just use their grills to cook my own lobsters tails?
12. Can I bring my family and friends? -- Have about 15 that I could add to the list.
13. Are we allow to talk about how the part numbers are on the stickers on the Topper -- Bugs the shit out of me - LOL....
14. Are we allow to wear sunglasses?
15. Can I have the English version for the Buca Di Beppo -- I can not pronounce that -- Is that French? Need the English version...
16. Will be be like a light show or band at the dinner?
17. Will desert be allowed after the dinner?
18. Can we bring our manuals to be singed...
19. Are we going to be allowed to asked about the other games for #5, #6, #7 and #8 that will be done by JJP?
20. OH...Yeah -- Can there be like a silent poll at the dinner about the Powder Coating of the doors?
21. Will there be a indoor firework show?
22. Can I talk to Joe and Pat about doing a Richie Wrench Pinball Game for #9? -- I would waive my license fees....
23. Will be be like a Vegas Show before the dinner like with Tigers or Lions or Pigeons? Either One is fine...
24. Can I request for low lighting at the dinner? Like candles or something like that...
25. Will there be an option for fried ice cream?
26. Can I bring my Richie Wrench Bobblehead?
27. Are pets allowed?
28. Will there be valet parking?
29. Will there be assigned seating by DI CE Number or by our last names?
30. I know the dinner is at 6 PM CST -- But what about those that live on the East and West Coast???
31. For those that do not RSVP -- Can we have another dinner party next year till all are able to show up at one time?
32. Can I bring my cat -- Mandy? She is for emotional support...
33. Will the whole DI team be at the dinner?
34. Can we talk about politics - "Pinball Politics" at the dinner?
35. Can we video the dinner to be played on You Tube later after the dinner?
36. Will waivers need to be singed before going to the dinner?
37. Will there be a special guest speaker at the dinner?
38. Will there be donuts?
39. Can I take pictures with Pat and Jack at the dinner?
40. Can I sit next to Joe Newhart at the Dinner? I just want to bug the shit out of him all night...

Okay -- Like I mentioned above - Just a few questions. I think that these are important to address and will set the rules and guidelines for all of us to have a safe and enjoyable dinner.

This is a great game made by a great team and company -- The last thing we need is for someone to show up with a cat name Mandy if it is not allowed. Just sayin.

Thanks again

Richard Folks
Vice-President
D&R Plumbing, Heating & Air, Inc.
Phone (309) 451-1290
Fax (309) 454-4114

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Only if you use your plumbing truck and you drive.
5. Yes, if you bring yours.
6. Yes, we want you to be dressed in your normal work attire as pictured on your bobblehead
7. Yes, especially inside.
8. Not at the dinner, they have an alcohol consumption license so we cannot “bring” - we can buy.
9. Possibly, depending on how much of that beer your friend is bringing is consumed. It’s happened before.
10. Yes, that’s encouraged.
11. Italian fare. If you bring, you must bring lobster you must bring enough for the entire class. Grilling optional but we will work something out.
12. We have limited space so you can bring one guest who is lucky enough to be married to you or DNA related. A test may be conducted.
13. Yes, you can bring that up with Pat.
14. Yes, Rose colored are suggested.
15. Yes, we will have authentic Italians standing by to translate into Illinoisese.
16. We’re working on that.
17. Yes, of course no Italian dinner is complete without dessert.
18. Yes, but we will only sign in marinara sauce.
19. Yes, but every answer will be the same.
20. We encourage that, we would love to not hear about the results.
21. If you ask some of the wrong questions, you can expect a fireworks show for sure.
22. Yes but only if it includes an app that lets you flush your toilet bowl or have it connected to Alexa.
23. Lloyd Olsen and Fred Young will open the evening with imitations of animal sounds followed by an impersonation of you ordering a game from Joe.
24. There are some dark corners tables that you can be accommodated at if you don’t mind the wildlife.
25. Pistachio.
26. Lifesize only.
27. Rescue Dogs, cats and goldfish only.
28. Yes. Do not leave any valuables inside the car. Rocco the Valet Attendant will have your vehicle chopped up by the time you’re on the main course.
29. Seating is based on when you ordered the game and the serial number build date and the date promised deducted from the actual shipping date.
30. All other time zones have been suspended for this dinner. It’s only based on JJP time, which is always later than we announce.
31. We eat dinner every day so if anyone wants to invite us, we may actually show up.
32. See #27 above but you must provide you own approved litter and litter box.
33. They should be.
34. That’s encouraged.
35. See #34
36. Yes, we promised in writing not to clog the toilets unless we have a means to clear the clog. Your most expert services may be requested.
37. We were hoping you would have a sixty thousand word speech prepared about the virtues of powder coating coin doors but we’ll take a good plumber joke or two instead.
38. Good idea, Jelly is our favorite, we’ll work on that but may need to go offsite to Dunkin Donuts together after the dance party at 5 AM.
39. It’s what we live for.
40. I’m told that Joe would not have it any other way.

#1220 5 years ago

ROFL!

#1221 5 years ago

Richie : 40. Can I sit next to Joe Newhart at the Dinner? I just want to bug the shit out of him all night...
Jack : 40. I’m told that Joe would not have it any other way.

Dearest Jack, I think it's time we re-negotiate my contract... 3am he texts me, you saw that part right ? And that's AFTER he gets his game.. You don't know what it's like before. I beg you... help me.... I work hard for you... help...

PS... Of course I want to sit next to Richie. (so I'm close enough to strangle him)

#1222 5 years ago

How do I get an invitation to this thing, was it supposed to be for all CE buyers?

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How do I get an invitation to this thing, was it supposed to be for all CE buyers?

CE buyers only. Email Jen and ask.

#1224 5 years ago

I did not get a comic....i will have to double check that....and politely ask for one if I did not get one...Sure that will not be an issue.
Game is great and amazing....
Just curious on one thing...I updated the game and not the topper lights up....but really does nothing....am I missing something here or is it really just that plane and just lights up...???

From what I understand, the comic should have been inside the shipping box. The CE comics were signed by the design team, and put in a protective plastic sleeve along with a cardboard backer.

The CE topper will do some small flashy effects once in a while during attract mode. It also flickers along with the "Top Evil Dude" speech in the game. (Some day we will be putting more of that speech in.)
--Ted

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CE buyers only. Email Jen and ask.

I bought a Dialed In LE,can I show up for leftovers?

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I bought a Dialed In LE,can I show up for leftovers?

Only if you show up with $3,500 in your back pocket.

3 weeks later
#1227 5 years ago

Is Slash from GNR going to be there or was that from something else?
Mo

#1228 5 years ago

Is the Dinner this weekend?

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is Slash from GNR going to be there or was that from something else?
Mo

No idea where that rumor started.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is the Dinner this weekend?

This Friday for DICE Owners, but you were supposed to register by last friday (10/12)

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

No idea where that rumor started.

This Friday for DICE Owners, but you were supposed to register by last friday (10/12)

Im not a Dice owner. Just very curious and seems like a cool event. Would love to hear details about it later.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im not a Dice owner. Just very curious and seems like a cool event. Would love to hear details about it later.

We will all be waiting for the RichieWrench review, if he got his steak, and a pic with Joe PinballSTAR hugging each other. He's been kind of quiet lately ...

#1232 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We will all be waiting for the richiewrench review, if he got his steak, and a pic with Joe pinballstar hugging each other. He's been kind of quiet lately ...

Oh there will be Richie updates, trust me... I’ve got something up my sleeve... ; )

#1233 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We will all be waiting for the richiewrench review, if he got his steak, and a pic with Joe pinballstar hugging each other. He's been kind of quiet lately ...

Been busy with Tessa...My new work dog.

20181006_120832 (resized).jpg20181006_120832 (resized).jpg
#1234 5 years ago

Been busy with Tessa...My new work dog.
[quoted image]

OMG....to cute.
Baby Saint Bernard!
Congrats on new family member.

#1235 5 years ago

Richie Wrench is going to be at the Expo....Stay Tuned...and get get cameras ready
..It will be his first appearance at the show.

FB_IMG_1539966865750 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1539966865750 (resized).jpg
#1236 5 years ago
88CD56B3-48F5-48FC-A365-D981CA9FC51A (resized).jpeg88CD56B3-48F5-48FC-A365-D981CA9FC51A (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1237 5 years ago

Ok, question for DICE owners or anyone else with the playfield protector.

Have you removed it or considering removing it due to impacted game play?

On mine, ball gets stuck in two different spots and the phone shot with that and the hole protector is pretty rough.

I think the game would play better without it.

I've considered a couple options to try to correct without pulling it but thought I would consult the group.

#1238 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

On mine, ball gets stuck in two different spots and the phone shot with that and the hole protector is pretty rough.
I've considered a couple options to try to correct without pulling it but thought I would consult the group.

Ive got DICE and would pull it. I don’t get playfield protectors though. That level of paranoia about these machines which are meant to be played would kill my enjoyment

#1239 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I have the protector on and love it. I rarely get any ball hang ups. Yes, I do think it makes the phone scoop a little harder to hit. You need a much more accurate shot to hit it.

I know I am in the minority when it comes to playfield protectors. I have 6 games and have the protector on 3 of them. I don’t think the games play any differently at all. I wish all my games had them.

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I will never sell a PF protector as an option on a game again. I will talk every customer out of it. There's a reason it's not even offered on POTC. Take that for what it's worth.

#1241 5 years ago

[edit: this was supposed to go into potcce thread. Sorry guys]
Finally all setup. Two #69s side by side.

77295864-A9C0-497F-8090-E060EA0822AB (resized).jpeg77295864-A9C0-497F-8090-E060EA0822AB (resized).jpegB6FCD183-53C8-4B7A-9B8D-D7D6D52967C4 (resized).jpegB6FCD183-53C8-4B7A-9B8D-D7D6D52967C4 (resized).jpeg

#1242 5 years ago

Cserold,

Those are two beautiful pins, enjoy!

#1243 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Finally all setup. Two #69s side by side.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What the hell happened to your POTC CE?? Where is all the custom barnacle???

#1244 5 years ago

He power washed it and now the boat rocks 15% faster

#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What the hell happened to your POTC CE?? Where is all the custom barnacle???

(Edit: sorry guys. Meant to post this in potcce forum)

I had them leave off and ship separately. Was going to have Matt customize them if I didn’t like the way they looked. Still thinking about it.

4 weeks later
#1246 5 years ago

WELL I HAD TO DO IT.....

IT IS FRAMED. THANKS TO PAT, JOE AND JACK.

NOW LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER THAT FUTURE COLLECTORS EDITION GAMES COME WITH THE DOOR POWDER COATED.

20190208_054625 (resized).jpg20190208_054625 (resized).jpg20190208_054640 (resized).jpg20190208_054640 (resized).jpg
#1247 5 years ago

Per JJP, production of DICE was limited to the number of customer orders received by midnight December 31, 2016.

Does anyone know how many DICE were manufactured?

#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Per JJP, production of DICE was limited to the number of customer orders received by midnight December 31, 2016.

Good question.... would love to know.

3 weeks later
#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Jack said 150. But to be fair, they are still for sale here in Europe at least at a few distributors. Maybe initial customers cancelled them.

3 weeks later
#1250 4 years ago

Are there still NIB DICE for sale?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.