AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 26.
#901 6 years ago

RichieWrench 100% agree with you on powder coated coin doors. Your lineup looks awesome.

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

see pic and A FMLE will be coming ...just do t think inshould get one in two weeks......Joe...Do u have o e ready to go??

Awesome!

#903 6 years ago

OH Snap -- Here is the other half of the room -- I thought these were shown as well. Just need to get that AFMLE

20170922_004941 (resized).jpg20170922_004941 (resized).jpg

20170922_004934 (resized).jpg20170922_004934 (resized).jpg

20170922_004948 (resized).jpg20170922_004948 (resized).jpg

#904 6 years ago

Jen is contacting all the owners in about two weeks to see confirm what people want on the jacket in regards to names. I asked her if I can get Richie Wrench on mine.....Just want s pair of matching pants when I get #4.

Man you need to take a pic of yourself when that arrives. Can't wait to see that one.

I'd go for the Andrew DICE Wrench jacket myself.

#905 6 years ago

see pic and A FMLE will be coming ...just do t think inshould get one in two weeks......Joe...Do u have o e ready to go??

I've never seen a MM with that trim color....looks good....I got the AFMRLE with the martian trim...its awesome

#906 6 years ago

I should have gone into plumbing!

Fantastic room and maybe even tax deductible.

#907 6 years ago

nice - never seen the topper before. Can I purchase that separately? I have LE.

#908 6 years ago

Out of like 15 pinball machines I've had my wife and kids only plays them a couple times and then pretty much don't play them anymore.....she played for an hour on my Dialed In CE and can't get enough lol "It's just fun" are her words. I think it is hilarious that a non licensed Theme hit it out of the park for my family! So glad I didnt get all caught up in the early drama about the Theme and the game.. "Fun" is what it's all about and keeps you wanting more. I buy these games mostly for myself but nothing beats setting back watching family & friends play and have "FUN"! Thanks again JJP & Pat for such a great game and a home run! Joe at Pinballstar your the best man!

If your on the fence don't be its incredible! If your family is part of the decision, I had the great game WOZ ECLE and they like this A LOT more.....

1506182520398951952623 (resized).jpg1506182520398951952623 (resized).jpg

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Out of like 15 pinball machines I've had my wife and kids only plays them a couple times and then pretty much don't play them anymore.....she played for an hour on my Dialed In CE and can't get enough lol "It's just fun" are her words. I think it is hilarious that a non licensed Theme hit it out of the park for my family! So glad I didnt get all caught up in the early drama about the Theme and the game.. "Fun" is what it's all about and keeps you wanting more. I buy these games mostly for myself but nothing beats setting back watching family & friends play and have "FUN"! Thanks again JJP & Pat for such a great game and a home run! Joe at Pinballstar your the best man!
If your on the fence don't be its incredible! If your family is part of the decision, I had the great game WOZ ECLE and they like this A LOT more.....

I like what you did on the shooter box housing and the legs -- where can I purchase those??

#910 6 years ago

I like what you did on the shooter box housing and the legs -- where can I purchase those??

I believe mustangpaul sells the light up legs. Someone else on pinside sells the shooter housing.

#911 6 years ago

Yes MustangPaul for legs and Beatmaster for shooter!

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yes MustangPaul for legs and Beatmaster for shooter!

What about ur kit...who did that?

thought I show the shooter rod I just put on...done by Modfather. this is my only Mod...

I can sure use some suggestions on what you guys and gals are putting on. Oh I got my powder coating going to be donw...but going to wait til. after the grand opening. Matt at back Alley does my powder coatings. I just noticed that I need to do my Whoa Nellie...Forgot about that one...

and Joe.....I need a AFMLE...what are chances to get one by Oct.6th

20170923_121203 (resized).jpg20170923_121203 (resized).jpg

#913 6 years ago

What about ur kit...who did that?
thought I show the shooter rod I just put on...done by Modfather. this is my only Mod...
I can sure use some suggestions on what you guys and gals are putting on. Oh I got my powder coating going to be donw...but going to wait til. after the grand opening. Matt at back Alley does my powder coatings. I just noticed that I need to do my Whoa Nellie...Forgot about that one...
and Joe.....I need a AFMLE...what are chances to get one by Oct.6th

The under lights and back box are LED strips! Yep definitely getting coin door powder coated! Got some mods on with more stuff on the way
Ps. Your line up of pinball machines is awesome!

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Love the light legs and shooter....how much were these? I actually have the same line up and would like to add to my machines if their available?

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Love the light legs and shooter....how much were these? I actually have the same line up and would like to add to my machines if their available?

Couple posts above form pinsiders!

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks -- What color LED are those -- Blue?

#917 6 years ago

Thanks -- What color LED are those -- Blue?

Yeppers Blue!

#918 6 years ago

Okay -- Has anyone got the Topper to light up are we have to wait for code?

Now I am not bashing JJP on this -- BUT....

That topper is kind of plain...I think if the helicopter was an actual toy and would interact with the game with the propellers spinning would be cool....but hey...Just a plumber's thought....

Has anyone else noticed that they did not take off the part numbers when they printed these --- Someone missed that detail -- But it is okay -- The game is a home run and you really can not see it from back playing the game -- just think it was funny that the artwork did not show those part numbers but on the topper there are three part numbers that is printed on the art. Just sayin -- BUT I LOVE JJP -- and I hope and I am sure that they will learn from this game and make the #4 Game better

#919 6 years ago

so do I just message them for those and how much were they?

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I believe mustangpaul sells the light up legs. Someone else on pinside sells the shooter housing.

I wouldn't do those on every game, but given the "electric" theme of DI it looks really good (especially on DICE)!

#922 6 years ago

Has anyone got the Topper to light up are we have to wait for code?

I think Joe at Pinball Star Amusements has some info on this. Give him a call.

LTG : )

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I wouldn't do those on every game, but given the "electric" theme of DI it looks really good (especially on DICE)!

Quoted from c508:

I agree I was think DICE and maybe TRON LE

#924 6 years ago

That topper is kind of plain...I think if the helicopter was an actual toy and would interact with the game with the propellers spinning would be cool....but hey...Just a plumber's thought....
Has anyone else noticed that they did not take off the part numbers when they printed these --- Someone missed that detail -- But it is okay -- The game is a home run and you really can not see it from back playing the game -- just think it was funny that the artwork did not show those part numbers but on the topper there are three part numbers that is printed on the art. Just sayin -- BUT I LOVE JJP -- and I hope and I am sure that they will learn from this game and make the #4 Game better

Part numbers on the plastics? They are on all my pins no matter the manufacturer?

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Part numbers on the plastics? They are on all my pins no matter the manufacturer?

I see -- Just never notice before and there is some on the game as well - Just find it interesting -- Just sayin -- NOT BASHING -- LOL.

Well I message for the light kits for the shooter and the legs -- getting a few more items

#927 6 years ago

who you recommend on speakers /// what did you do?

I just add a sub to all my games and call it good!

#928 6 years ago

I'm surprised they didnt put more effort into that topper....an example of actual effort is CGC AFMRLE topper...its awesome

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm surprised they didnt put more effort into that topper....an example of actual effort is CGC AFMRLE topper...its awesome

agreed - the topper is lacking. damn it I want a nice one to match my RR! Game is so good though.

#930 6 years ago

Liking what you see on the Dialed IN Collector's Edition ? We have a few available for sale...

JJP's Dialed In will be in the PinballSTAR Amusements booth at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show on Friday 9/29 and Sat 9/30 !!! ...as a matter of fact we'll have 2 !

Come play the game everyone is talking about - Pat Lawlor's original themed game - Dialed In.

We have a very few available Dialed In Limited Edition games that will be ready to ship in a week or two. NO WAIT ! Email Joe at [email protected] for info !

www.theyorkshow.com

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

jjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpgjjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpg

#931 6 years ago

Blue wavelength is bad for your eyes. Be careful with them.

#932 6 years ago

Finally got around to looking at the box in my garage for my DICE. Did not request a number and look what showed up .

IMG_0058 (resized).JPGIMG_0058 (resized).JPG

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Finally got around to looking at the box in my garage for my DICE. Did not request a number and look what showed up .

That machine has doubled in value, easily...

#934 6 years ago

I've got to say this is easily one of my favorite pins already.

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

I've got to say this is easily one of my favorite pins already.

Completely agree. As everybody says...it's just fun as hell to play and hands down best light show I've ever seen. One question. Finally set mine up but cannot unlock the back box for the life of me!!! I remember reading about this issue somewhere else. Anybody know what the issue/trick is? Thanks!! Craig

#936 6 years ago

The back box keys are not on the key ring, they’re attached to the inside of the coin door.

Quoted from Cserold:

Completely agree. As everybody says...it's just fun as hell to play and hands down best light show I've ever seen. One question. Finally set mine up but cannot unlock the back box for the life of me!!! I remember reading about this issue somewhere else. Anybody know what the issue/trick is? Thanks!! Craig

#937 6 years ago

I had to do the same trick as I read some others on Pinside with the backbox... unscrew the lock from the head, then refasten. Then it was ok and not getting caught.

And yes, make sure you are using the right keys.

#938 6 years ago

I was one of the first to have the LE version. In the beginning I must admit. I put 10 plays on it and I wanted to sell it immediately. My wife played it and liked it so I decided to keep it. After the first week I watched others enjoy this game time after time. I wanted to like this game. I continued to play the game and the more and more I played it the better it got. I will admit I was wrong in the beginning. This is a fantastic game. If you truly give it a chance you will understand why most people love it. Screw the theme although It does not bother me a bit. It's kind of refreshing how light hearted the game is. Just the other day I put up my best score at 2.8 million. I had so much fun. I hate to say this but my Wife was Right.

All that aside Great game / fantastic / must have. However not really feeling the high price of the collectors edition. I mean no disrespect to anyone who is lucky enough to own a collectors edition. If I was a patient man perhaps I would have bought that one instead. It does look really nice just not sure the extra 3,500 is that visible.

That brings me to this last comment You guys spent so much money on that game. You should not have been made to wait so long before you got yours. Taking into consideration of all the differences between the LE to the CE there should not have been so long of a wait especially since you guys did pay a lot more.

But from the pictures I have seen posted on this thread your games look great. Congratulations on your purchase

#939 6 years ago

Did we ever find out what the extra special double-secret CE features are, beyond the armor and the topper?

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did we ever find out what the extra special double-secret CE features are, beyond the armor and the topper?

they used gold to solder. you have to tilt the playfield to see it, it is incredible!!!

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah I'm not sure what you get for all the extra dough?

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

The back box keys are not on the key ring, they’re attached to the inside of the coin door.

Yes, I know Should have stated which set of keys I was using.

Quoted from frolic:

I had to do the same trick as I read some others on Pinside with the backbox... unscrew the lock from the head, then refasten. Then it was ok and not getting caught.

Thank you. Will try this!

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That brings me to this last comment You guys spent so much money on that game. You should not have been made to wait so long before you got yours. Taking into consideration of all the differences between the LE to the CE there should not have been so long of a wait especially since you guys did pay a lot more.

I'm sure others feel differently but I completely disagree. I feel that the highest end models should always go out last. Matter of fact that would be a value add for me when trying to justify the additional cost. They learn things from early releases and then incorporate those into later development and production. And for me personally drawing out my enjoyment of this hobby is important. Never in a rush to own every title right way including new games...need things to look forward to and this was certainly the case with DI. Could have taken another 6 months and I wouldn't have cared...so much else to enjoy playing and restoring. Like a good vacation having things to look forward to is rewarding

#944 6 years ago

I can't believe that Jack missed an opportunity to reward his CE buyers with more. Stern looked so bad after the Batman 66 Super LE fiasco and I thought Jack would try to create more value for the folks who paid up.

I think the CE looks great and I hope all the buyers thoroughly enjoy it.

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I can't believe that Jack missed an opportunity to reward his CE buyers with more.

I think most purchasing this version know what they are getting and aren't looking to justify the $3,500 of value tit for tat. Doesn't mean its a smart investment or will come anywhere close to holding its value. It's a vanity project in most all cases anyway. The translite is also different on the CE and I happen to like it a lot better but I'm sure that's completely subjective as well. I'd make the same decision 100 times over on this one.

Quoted from kapper:

Stern looked so bad after the Batman 66 Super LE fiasco

These two aren't even comparable. JJP put them to shame with what they released for around the same price....wait, was BM66 Super LE $15K?

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I think most purchasing this version know what they are getting and aren't looking to justify the $3,500 of value tit for tat. Doesn't mean its a smart investment or will come anywhere close to holding its value. It's a vanity project in most all cases anyway. The translite is also different on the CE and I happen to like it a lot better but I'm sure that's completely subjective as well. I'd make the same decision 100 times over on this one.

I think a few surprises added to the CE would have encouraged a few more on the fence buyers on future games.

Happy that you love the game, I do to.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I'm not sure what you get for all the extra dough?

I get the armor and the topper, and I guess the translite is different, plus being signed by Pat is pretty bad ass - weren't there some other "CE-exclusive" benefits though? Were those ever clarified?

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I think a few surprises added to the CE would have encouraged a few more on the fence buyers on future games.

I've only played like 5 games on it but my main disappointment would be with the "Customized software" that was included in the feature matrix. If this wasn't at least something similar to the Daft Punk deal on Tron LE I think this would be misleading and unfortunate. Custom code on LE/CE models would be the one thing near impossible to reproduce.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I get the armor and the topper, and I guess the translite is different, plus being signed by Pat is pretty bad ass - weren't there some other "CE-exclusive" benefits though? Were those ever clarified?

I'll be posting pics from the bowling alley in my bad ass Dialed In jacket.

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

They learn things from early releases and then incorporate those into later development and production.

I agree anticipation is the best part. Like waiting for Christmas. But it sure would be nice if they already worked out the bugs prior their first distribution run of whatever version of the game. I know it takes a while to make a game. Lots of moving parts to pull something like that off. Just wish there was more testing on the game prior the release. This is not a shot towards JJP just pinball in general. People buying Pros or Standards should be taken care of just the same. Still paying a lot of money to be a guinea pig. IMO

Again Off Topic. JJP Dialed in is a great Game!

#950 6 years ago

#50 just got delivered! Can't wait to get this home tonight and join in on all the fun!

IMG_7298 (resized).JPGIMG_7298 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/19?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.