AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 26.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, probably a good idea, but it would also be a nice perk for the collector edition owners to have their game first. Pros and cons to either approach. On the whole, if I were a CE guy I'd probably not want them to be first run.

F*&K NO -- DO NOT WANT IT FIRST -- IN FACT I WILL WAIT FOR IT TILL AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER --

I was told that the CE owners will get there's in the middle of the production run -- I want to see the Backglass / CUSTOM Topper Only available to CE Owners / Lazer Cut Side Rails / CODE -- Where is that Update????

#702 6 years ago

YES -- MADE IT TO PAGE 15....AWESOME

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

all 150 are sold, but that doesn't mean they were sold to end users. they have all been sold to distributors / end users. i have no hard numbers, but it would not surprise me at all if Automated has a few left after all the current end users have theirs. So, you were not lied to, but at the same time you probably didn't ask the right questions.

I apoligize == Did not mean it that way -- Just seems funny that there is a waiting list for this game on the CE Models - But, Hey -- Hope that is true -- Because I think there might be some that will back out and go for the LE Model -- Maybe that is why they have not given out the pics or more information - Just sayin...It is May going into June....When will know???

#704 6 years ago

Instead of sending your trim, you should buy new trim and have it all done and ready for you, and store the original trim for if/when you plan to sell the game down the line, as it will make it more attractive to a buyer if they want to return it to stock or don't like your mods.

A few hundred more dollars when compared to the upfront cost of the game seems like a small investment.

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Instead of sending your trim, you should buy new trim and have it all done and ready for you, and store the original trim for if/when you plan to sell the game down the line, as it will make it more attractive to a buyer if they want to return it to stock or don't like your mods.
A few hundred more dollars when compared to the upfront cost of the game seems like a small investment.

I LIKE THAT IDEA....THANKS

#706 6 years ago

RichieWrench, I heard the legs cost extra on the CE and thought you should know.

My LE will come with legs standard.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

RichieWrench, I heard the legs cost extra on the CE and thought you should know.
My LE will come with legs standard.

Lol.

#708 6 years ago

I've never liked the feel of a JJP machine. They just don't feel right to me. Maybe its the wide play field or too much clutter. I want a table that lets me get the ball speed up. Ghostbusters and Kiss feel goooood.

#709 6 years ago

Jersey Jack has done wonders for the pinball business. He raised the bar to a new level. I just spent hours reading the Hobbit manual and am amazed at the things the machine can do that I never dreamed of.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

I've never liked the feel of a JJP machine. They just don't feel right to me. Maybe its the wide play field or too much clutter. I want a table that lets me get the ball speed up. Ghostbusters and Kiss feel goooood.

And you like your kiss pro?

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMagnet:

've never liked the feel of a JJP machine. They just don't feel right to me. Maybe its the wide play field or too much clutter. I want a table that lets me get the ball speed up.

Try DI.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I want to say THANKS to MATT @ BACKALLEY -- He explained the whole reason why they (JJP) will not powder coat the doors -- I think still it is BS, but I have a better understanding -- But I will send Matt all of my trim and he is going to get me set up with something really cool that I will like for the CE Model -- That is as long as JJP does not F($% up on the Topper -- I am curious on that -- I just want to see something out about the CE Model and how it is going to be different -- I guess I am hoping for an update from JJP soon -- They need to send us one either thru the distrib...or thru Facebook -- Something ...Just my Opinion
Lets see what happens

Powder coated doors are cool but not as cool as this ss door

IMG_8244 (resized).PNGIMG_8244 (resized).PNG

IMG_8245 (resized).PNGIMG_8245 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#713 6 years ago

I think I have been doing a good job being low key here lately -- I really think it will be about August or September for the CE Models and that is fine with me. Like to have it before I do my OPEN HOUSE - GRAND OPENING for PINSIDERS at my new office.

I hope to see some more updates on the Backglass and the topper and maybe the software update for the CE Models.

Hope everyone is having a Great Day and I think this will be a good year for JJP and with the #4 around the corner - This is going to something special to see how the year ends with the Chicago Expo and hopefully with the announement of the #4 by then or at the show.

1 week later
#714 6 years ago

Here's your backglass and topper (top 2 toppers are concepts, bottom topper is final), looks great to me:

DICE backglass (resized).pngDICE backglass (resized).png

DICE topper concepts (resized).pngDICE topper concepts (resized).png

#715 6 years ago

Love it! Sure is going to be tough watching everyone get their LE's , unboxing and having a blast...but in the end the wait for the CE will be worth it! I'm so excited and still haven't seen or played one in person..and I won't lol

#716 6 years ago

Going to be a fun and great game...hope to have it before our open house...which should not be an issue....I am in no hurry as well. I hope to have my grand opening in late August or early September.

Very happy in the end and thanks to Joe and everyone on this topic for all your comments.

#717 6 years ago

The CE art looks great. I'm getting an LE, but CE owners should be very happy with that art.

#718 6 years ago

Not in on a CE but just great art for this package! Well done JJP

#719 6 years ago

Anyone know if JJP will sell the toppers to non-CE owners?

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone know if JJP will sell the toppers to non-CE owners?

Nope, the topper is only available with the collectors edition.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from aaronhicksuk:

Nope, the topper is only available with the collectors edition.

Does that rule out the possibility of a different topper for the LE or Standard?

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Does that rule out the possibility of a different topper for the LE or Standard?

Probably not. There are different toppers available for Wizard of Oz, and a 3rd party mod company could always make something.

#723 6 years ago

I got my LE and I think someone is working on the topper now.

#724 6 years ago

The LE settings have an option for a 'camera topper flash' that can be enabled or disabled. So there is probably the type of game you are going to get

1 week later
#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I got my LE and I think someone is working on the topper now.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Lol - I am sure someone is going to make a nice topper.

#726 6 years ago

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Lol - I am sure someone is going to make a nice topper.

people make toppers all the time. i have a friend that has all kinds of topper made from the little funko pop dolls. this does not mean that they are Official JJP Toppers.

on a side note, i have a couple of Collectors Edition machines available if anyone would like to get on the list.

#727 6 years ago

people make toppers all the time. i have a friend that has all kinds of topper made from the little funko pop dolls. this does not mean that they are Official JJP Toppers.
on a side note, i have a couple of Collectors Edition machines available if anyone would like to get on the list.

The collectors edition comes with a really nice topper. Shame the Le folk cant buy it.
On a side note. The second i win lottery ill call you for one of those 2 you have.

#728 6 years ago

Not having a topper on all models is a big miss. Even WOZ standards got a topper. It does not have to be the same topper but I do like the additional lighting at the top of my game if nothing else.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Not having a topper on all models is a big miss.

Yuck I don't want that shit.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Not having a topper on all models is a big miss. Even WOZ standards got a topper. It does not have to be the same topper but I do like the additional lighting at the top of my game if nothing else.

I'd rather have a cool feature added to the actual game. Toppers are fluff BS (except Whirlwind's...that's awesome) that should be an aftermarket thing.

#731 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm not much of a topper guy either. I could count on half of one hand how many are worth having.

#732 6 years ago

It's not like the topper really costs anything or is taking away from any aspect of the game. If you don't want it, don't put it on. To those that want "something", it should be in the box.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

It's not like the topper really costs anything or is taking away from any aspect of the game. If you don't want it, don't put it on. To those that want "something", it should be in the box.

I guess so, yeah. The CE one is pretty nice, to be fair.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

It has a cost to the BOM to make the game: that BOM could have been used to add something to the pf instead.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

personally i would like to see all manufacturers go to a "a la cart" system. here is the base game $xxxx. if you would like to add powder coat $xxx, mirror blades, $xxx, topper $xxx, etc, etc.

i am sure it will/would be a logistical nightmare for the people selling machines (myself included), but that way the base game could be cheaper and the people that want the "everything and the kitchen sink" model can have theirs as well.

#736 6 years ago

personally i would like to see all manufacturers go to a "a la cart" system. here is the base game $xxxx. if you would like to add powder coat $xxx, mirror blades, $xxx, topper $xxx, etc, etc.
i am sure it will/would be a logistical nightmare for the people selling machines (myself included), but that way the base game could be cheaper and the people that want the "everything and the kitchen sink" model can have theirs as well.

JJP basically does this with the Standard model but the problem is that the price is still too high for their entry level game. Really, what would you want to cut out of the Standard model to save more money? With the way JJP prices games the Standard isn't an attractive option because they don't pad the LE prices like Stern does. When Stern does an LE they add about $300 worth of extras over the Premium and charge $1200 more for it but limit it to 800 or less games. When JJP makes an LE they add $1200 in extras and charge $1000 extra for it and basically make it unlimited. Because of this the LE is the better value and better selling model and very few opt for the Standard. I'd really like to see JJP price the Standard model competitive to the Stern Premium model and actually make it a good value buy.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

JJP basically does this with the Standard model but the problem is that the price is still too high for their entry level game. Really, what would you want to cut out of the Standard model to save more money? With the way JJP prices games the Standard isn't an attractive option because they don't pad the LE prices like Stern does. When Stern does an LE they add about $300 worth of extras over the Premium and charge $1200 more for it but limit it to 800 or less games. When JJP makes an LE they add $1200 in extras and charge $1000 extra for it and basically make it unlimited. Because of this the LE is the better value and better selling model and very few opt for the Standard. I'd really like to see JJP price the Standard model competitive to the Stern Premium model and actually make it a good value buy.

the way the stern pricing seems to be going, you may just get your wish.

#738 6 years ago

the way the stern pricing seems to be going, you may just get your wish.

You got a good point there I do think that DI LE and Standard are better values than Stern LE and Prem. at current prices. Unfortunately they are all too much for me at least at NIB prices.-The best I can hope for are some deals on the 2nd hand market later on? I would like to see JJP come up with a <$7K model though as I think a lot of people are priced out of the higher priced options. JJP does make great games though that's for sure!

#739 6 years ago

If someone is already willing to pay say $6500 for a luxury toy, is $8k that much more of a stretch to get a super whiz bang model?

Remember, JJP started his business on the premise he would offer a premium machine at a premium price and not try to compete with Stern for the lower end market.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If someone is already willing to pay say $6500 for a luxury toy, is $8k that much more of a stretch to get a super whiz bang model?
Remember, JJP started his business on the premise he would offer a premium machine at a premium price and not try to compete with Stern for the lower end market.

And if you're willing to pay $8K is it really that much of a stretch to pay $10K or even $12K or even $15K for a Super Duper LE. Unless you have tons of disposable income you have to draw the line somewhere and for me that line in the sand is $7K currently. I know I'm not alone as many of my friends are also aren't willing to spend $8-10K on a pin.

#741 6 years ago

Spooky has done this since game #1 and I really like it. I got the LE RZ and added the LED's, protectors and toy light upgrades. AMH I had the factory add better LED option and protectors.

Ala carte there seems to be a modest cost + markup option list. Stern, a $500 interactive dragon or Aerosmith logo? That's a bit more than cost + 10% I'd guess.

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Remember the market reasons Stern gave for 3 models: Cheap standard = operators, home=premium, crazy rich fanatics=LE. I've been a buyer of all 3 flavors over the years (at JJP, Stern and AMH), so I guess I'm a home operator that sometimes think I'm crazy rich.

Except for that BM66 pricing experiement, which was just a weird market guess that I doubt worked well. As a buyer, I suddenly had 6 choices, besides BM66. (especially since AS and Star Wars were known themes, Spooky has cool games coming, JJP dialed in was in the wings, and American Pinball actually looks like a winner with game #1 Houdini).

#743 6 years ago

OKAY -- GOT A QUESTION

Opps -- Sorry need to tone down on the CAPS...

I was wondering if anyone heard when the CE's would be going out? I am not in really no hurry -- but I did announce my Open House (Grand Opening - new office) to any and all Pinsiders / Pinball Fans and anyone that want to enjoy most of my collection that will be held from 9/1/2017 thru 9/3/2017, I was thinking that if I had my DICE by then - Public and Pinsiders could enjoy this game as well during the Open House (Grand Opening).

Just curious - I would think that the CE's would start shipping by then -- but I could be wrong -- Any Comments on date??

#744 6 years ago

Hi Richard we are looking to begin CEs in late August or September! Of course you can always email me for updates but that is the plan !!! Thank you and HAPPY FRIDAY to all !

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Hi Richard we are looking to begin CEs in late August or September! Of course you can always email me for updates but that is the plan !!! Thank you and HAPPY FRIDAY to all !

Hi Jen, Do you have any plans to show photos of a full collectors machine any time soon?

#746 6 years ago

Yes we do plan to show the features that have been not been shown very soon!

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJen:

Yes we do plan to show the features that have been not been shown very soon!

Yes Very Soon -- Very Cool and exciting -- Maybe I need to move my OPEN HOUSE Date -- Would like to see this game at the Grand Opening and also hoping for AFM LE as well - Maybe late September or Early October -- Either way it will be there for my clients and others to enjoy at some point soon. But would love to see that there -- I dont think it would hurt to postponed it ....

3 weeks later
#748 6 years ago

has anyone seen photos of the DICE.....its.got.to be getting closer....thanks in advance

#749 6 years ago

has anyone seen photos of the DICE.....its.got.to be getting closer....thanks in advance

Quoted from JerseyJen:

2 weeks later
#750 6 years ago

Well -- Got my email from Joe - Getting Closer - Hope it get here before the 1st weekend of October as that is when I am going to do the OPEN HOUSE / GRAND OPENING - Like to have this game for that event - Looking forward to seeing more details and actual photos as the time is getting closer and closer.

Then....

It off to the Chicago Expo the next weekend ---....

Sorry a few CAPS in this mesage. LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.