AE6455CD-9810-49BB-819A-44E08270AC98 (resized).jpeg
4C9DC76A-00B4-42C1-8101-B3729F0CB728 (resized).png
20170831_000922 (resized).jpg
20170830_211506 (resized).jpg
CE (resized).PNG
members-only-jackets (resized).jpg
3CE0475C-36AB-4964-9EBC-185AFE057FC5 (resized).jpeg
9E380882-3FD8-42B2-BEF3-910F83566017 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You know the news ticker on the bottom? scrolling through?
With the CE I believe you can add your own news! Could be fun, for example"

Post it on the WOZ forum. They do consider things that could improve games.

LTG : )

#652 6 years ago

OK - Here's my damage . This is a HUO. I had mine chip around the Winkie the first week. JJP was good enough to send me
clear overlays for the areas. I painted then installed the overlays. Looks good now.

20161008_092319 (resized).jpg20161008_092319 (resized).jpg

20161008_092217 (resized).jpg20161008_092217 (resized).jpg

20161008_092341 (resized).jpg20161008_092341 (resized).jpg

#653 6 years ago

That was one filthy woz.... my guess the balls beat to heck also - even the wear has wear

Quoted from wtatumjr:OK - Here's my damage . This is a HUO. I had mine chip around the Winkie the first week. JJP was good enough to send me
clear overlays for the areas. I painted then installed the overlays. Looks good now.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

OK - Here's my damage . This is a HUO. I had mine chip around the Winkie the first week. JJP was good enough to send me

How many games are on that machine?

Which model WOZ and what is the build date?

#655 6 years ago

Build date 8/20/14. The paint seemed not to adhere well and chipped off in blocks. Around the Winnie is where it started almost new. My pops have been turned down about 30% since new. It is home use only

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Build date 8/20/14. The paint seemed not to adhere well and chipped off in blocks. Around the Winnie is where it started almost new. My pops have been turned down about 30% since new. It is home use only

Damn, not good.

#657 6 years ago

Was that playfield from prior to them using Mirco playfields? My understanding is that issues like that was part of why they switched to Mirco. That and they also started including factory applied mylar.

#658 6 years ago

That's Winkie not Winnie (damn autocorrect). JJP sent me clear overlays so it looks good now. JJP has been a good company to work with so I would buy from them again. Stuff happens sometimes not always the fault of the manufacturer but maybe a subcontractor. I look forward to playing a DI but it'll be a while as I live in the boonies.

#659 6 years ago

The real problem was not having Mylar installed from the factory. Compound that with poor adhesion in the artwork and things went wrong fast. JJP did send out Mylar to WOZ owners eventually. I cut my own Mylar and installed it before that. Somewhere I posted a template I made but best to get the factory Mylar if still available for free.

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I still can't believe it's $400 extra for the RADcals on the CE.

I AM NOT FALLING INTO THIS TRAP AGAIN -- THEY ARE NOT EXTRA --

BUT....I DID NOTICE THAT ON MY HOBBIT GAME THAT THE RADCALS WAS STARTING TO POP OFF AROUND THE LEG AREA -- GOING TO HAVE MY PINBALL GUY LOOK AT THIS FURTHER -- JUST FOUND THAT INTERESTING ON WHY THAT WAS HAPPENING.

#661 6 years ago

Looks like Joe stole Richie's Caps-Lock key again.

#662 6 years ago

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

#663 6 years ago

LOOOOOOUUUUD NOISES

#664 6 years ago

WELL -- HERE WE GO.....

I am hoping that JJP will gives us an update on the CE version - There is alot out there that they know and just have not given it out to us -- They should be getting close to giving us some updates in regards to the custom CE Topper / the Backglass is custom also for us CE owners....If I had pics of those - I would not leak them here out of respect of JJP, but I do think those are done and I hope they will release the images and show us how things are moving along and ESPECIALLY on the CE Software -- That would be nice to see how that is moving along.

Okay --- I waited long enough on this Topic (POWDERCOATING) -- Had a nice talk with someone on the inside of JJP and I will admit, I am very disappointed, but hey you can not make everyone happy. So for something that I want to happen, might not be someone's cup of tea. SO lets talk POWDER COATING -

It is confirmed that ONLY the shooter housing will be powder coated -- NOT THE DOOR - Of course the legs and side rail will be done as well and I think the hindges -- and while I am on it -- I hope they release the design on the side rail -- Is that not suppose to be lazer cut -- Hope that wrap around the flipper buttons. Any way ... Back to my thoughts on the Powder Coating....

I just think it just sucks to not do the DOOR -- I MEAN COME ON..(Matt @ Back Alley has gotten enough of my money from all the other games that i have been sending him the past few months - He does a great job for me -- Love that man)....but maybe some of the CE Owners would not like to see the DOOR DONE. I JUST HAVE A HARD TIME TO SEE THAT THE THE DOOR IS NOT DONE AND FOR WHAT WE ARE PAYING -- I MEAN COME ON!!! I just want to over there at the plant and slap someone and say are your kidding me -- WAKE UP!!!!

SO LETS FIND OUT!!!!! LETS TAKE A POLL -- THERE ARE 150 CE OWNERS -- LETS SEE IF THIS WORK ON GETTING SOME RESULTS -- MAYBE THEY WILL DO IT -- BUT ....AS OF TODAY IT IS A NO!!!!

But I would like to know...

If your a CE Owner -- Would you or do you think that JJP should have the Door Powder Coated? (might start a seperate topic)

#665 6 years ago

Best bang for your buck is the le I think

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

THERE ARE 150 CE OWNERS

I wouldn't count on that

If your a CE Owner -- Would you or do you think that JJP should have the Door Powder Coated? (might start a seperate topic)

If I was, which I'm not, I would 100% expect a powder coated coin door for the extra $ on CE. Not to mention many other things that aren't going to be given which is why I just decided to go LE.

#667 6 years ago

Richie deserves a powder coat job for his day one enthusiasm!

It will be truly "collectible" because there won't be anywhere close to 150 of these things sold

#668 6 years ago

I was told that there is a waiting list for CE Owners.

I am not going to lie...i am not 100% sure anymore....j have talked with HIP a nd they will let me out or I will use my deposit towards a different game or a DI LE or just get the refuind.

Its the not letting us know...we are at the end of the 2nd quarter and I know some things are done for the DICE and there just seems to just no interest....I was told that there is a Custom Topper for CE Owners and would not be available to p public for others to buy....I would like to be confirmed....I don't think that was in the matrix..but I will double check.

The door not being done is upsetting....dont get me wrong...I am not holding Jack to it...I know what I was told and things can change and there are those above in management that can say NO...we are not going to do that....but for cost of what is CE Owners are paying...Come on JJP...its not much more and for the best of the best...it should be done. BUT IT'S NOT JUST THE DOOR...ITS SOME OF THE OTHER STUFF....i said that I would think about it before I pull out and since there is a waiting list...its not hurting anyone and I will get another game with Joe. BUT I NEED TO THINK......This might come down to me taking a stand...i know it's good game...just a dinner and a jacket is not going to make up for it. I was one of the first ones in and I want to put this DICE next tok my other JJP games that are at my office free to my customers to enjoy on free play. I Think I just need to think some more.

#669 6 years ago

They tell me that this is all about fun and not to take too serious....maybe I am picky...but I will explain something here and make my point a little bit later...i need to thinkm about what I want to say and get my CAPS letter ready...lol

STAY TUNED......

#670 6 years ago

If buying a CE (or SLE) isn't a "Hell Yeah!" personal decision, then it would have to be a no. It'll never be "worth it" other than whatever pleasure you get from a pride of ownership. If that isn't there then it's a lot of money to throw down and not feel 100% good about it.

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If buying a CE (or SLE) isn't a "Hell Yeah!" personal decision, then it would have to be a no. It'll never be "worth it" other than whatever pleasure you get from a pride of ownership. If that isn't there then it's a lot of money to throw down and not feel 100% good about it.

Well said I bought Batman 66 LE and regretted it instantly falling for their cash grab. Irritated me and when the game came out with the usual code layoff from Stern I sold it within a month. Never felt right and I didn't feel it from the start,just jumped on a hype train with a new flashy toy and didn't enjoy it, ruined it for me.

#672 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of powder coated doors, but it would be nice to have it be an option for CE buyers.

And they're going to sell all 150.

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

And they're going to sell all 150.

Yes they will. I guarantee you that Automated and other dealers will buy what's left of the 150 that collectors didn't buy and have them for sale at an inflated price a year from now.

#674 6 years ago

If I were in the market for a CE, a powder coated door would be a detractor for me personally... but I guess that's why I'm not in the market for a CE.

#675 6 years ago

CE owner #21 here....please please please powder coat the Door!!!!!!!

#676 6 years ago

ce is a money grab like bm 66 sle
gtfo while you can

enjoy a nice steak at the best steak house.

buy a le and mod the crap outa it the way you want!

put 1500 in the bank for the next pin.

let jersey jack keep that awful ugly ce jacket!

this is the best decision. boycott these special edition money grabs, dont be a sucker!

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ce is a money grab like bm 66 sle
gtfo while you can
enjoy a nice steak at the best steak house.
buy a le and mod the crap outa it the way you want!
put 1500 in the bank for the next pin.
let jersey jack keep that awful ugly ce jacket!
this is the best decision. boycott these special edition money grabs, dont be a sucker!

Will see! They have this one chance to set the bar for what a CE version will be for Collectors...if it's not special enough CE sales from this day forward will be affected and I won't be a CE Purchaser again...So yes it's a gamble that I'm willing to take on this one!! Can't wait.....

#678 6 years ago

The door should be powder coated on The CE !!! I vote Yes.

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The door should be powder coated on The CE !!! I vote Yes.

I vote no. Powder coated coin doors look garish.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yes they will. I guarantee you that Automated and other dealers will buy what's left of the 150 that collectors didn't buy and have them for sale at an inflated price a year from now.

Exactly

#681 6 years ago

According to JJP all 150 are sold and there is a waiting list. So they are all taken for and I think very few are waiting to be still sold. If What I was told is to taken as true, bit I have been lied to before.

Okay ....I will be back and I am thinking about starting another topic...lol

#682 6 years ago

According to JJP all 150 are sold and there is a waiting list. So they are all taken for and I think very few are waiting to be still sold. If What I was told is to taken as true, bit I have been lied to before.
Okay ....I will be back and I am thinking about starting another topic...lol

all 150 are sold, but that doesn't mean they were sold to end users. they have all been sold to distributors / end users. i have no hard numbers, but it would not surprise me at all if Automated has a few left after all the current end users have theirs. So, you were not lied to, but at the same time you probably didn't ask the right questions.

#683 6 years ago

Okay -- I am back again - SO HERE IS THE DEAL.

Yes the shooter housing will powder coated -- Actually will be done both on the LE and the CE models -- But not the DOOR!!

I am not trying to be picky and I know this will be a great game - but when I look at the game and I see all the artwork and the other trim being powder coated and then you see this BLACK COIN BOX DOOR - It just does not look right to me -- So, Okay -- I guess Matt @ Back Alley will be getting my business on that and I might even change all the trim to a better finish like I have done to my other games. So I guess I am saying -- Not a deal breaker...but It is close

Then we come to the Topper -- DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING ON THE TOPPER OR IN WRITING THAT THIS IS A CE CUSTOM TOPPER ONLY AVAILABLE TO CE OWNERS???? I was told that the Topper would be only available to CE Owners on the one that is for the DI CE - I heard it is nice -- but I do not think that have been released or maybe it wont...Just frustrating to not see something new on the DI CE versions - Especially those that are willing to drop down hard earn money of $12,500.00 for each game.

Okay back to the Door - I have not been in this hobby for a long time - BUT, I do remember a time with the factories did not want ANYTHING to do with powder coating and for those that we updating your games or going thru a restore -- You would but your own twist on your game and make it unique to your own -- It just looks not complete - and to me it is wrong to not do the door -- but I am not making it a deal breaker -- and I know it is not everyone taste -- But if I did a poll -- Lets see how many say YES or NO -- SO....That is what I am doing

GO to: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-ce-owners-poll-powder-coating-of-doors#post-3767988

Lets see what happens... I do not seeing it changing anyone decisions @ JJP, Why would they -- It adds more cost now and since they sold all 150 already -- what do they gain from it - other to make most of us (I know I assuming that most would want it done) happy. But it is for mine and hopefully someone's knowledge to see how the POLL comes out.

#684 6 years ago

And time. The parts are likely in house already. Send them back out and hold up the line for months waiting on someone to disassemble coin doors and powder coat ?

LTG : P

#685 6 years ago

WELL -- HERE WE GO.....
I am hoping that JJP will gives us an update on the CE version - There is alot out there that they know and just have not given it out to us -- They should be getting close to giving us some updates in regards to the custom CE Topper / the Backglass is custom also for us CE owners....If I had pics of those - I would not leak them here out of respect of JJP, but I do think those are done and I hope they will release the images and show us how things are moving along and ESPECIALLY on the CE Software -- That would be nice to see how that is moving along.
Okay --- I waited long enough on this Topic (POWDERCOATING) -- Had a nice talk with someone on the inside of JJP and I will admit, I am very disappointed, but hey you can not make everyone happy. So for something that I want to happen, might not be someone's cup of tea. SO lets talk POWDER COATING -
It is confirmed that ONLY the shooter housing will be powder coated -- NOT THE DOOR - Of course the legs and side rail will be done as well and I think the hindges -- and while I am on it -- I hope they release the design on the side rail -- Is that not suppose to be lazer cut -- Hope that wrap around the flipper buttons. Any way ... Back to my thoughts on the Powder Coating....
I just think it just sucks to not do the DOOR -- I MEAN COME ON..(Matt @ Back Alley has gotten enough of my money from all the other games that i have been sending him the past few months - He does a great job for me -- Love that man)....but maybe some of the CE Owners would not like to see the DOOR DONE. I JUST HAVE A HARD TIME TO SEE THAT THE THE DOOR IS NOT DONE AND FOR WHAT WE ARE PAYING -- I MEAN COME ON!!! I just want to over there at the plant and slap someone and say are your kidding me -- WAKE UP!!!!
SO LETS FIND OUT!!!!! LETS TAKE A POLL -- THERE ARE 150 CE OWNERS -- LETS SEE IF THIS WORK ON GETTING SOME RESULTS -- MAYBE THEY WILL DO IT -- BUT ....AS OF TODAY IT IS A NO!!!!
But I would like to know...

I hate hate hate when people powder coat doors. Looks awful 100% of the time

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I hate hate hate when people powder coat doors. Looks awful 100% of the time

Okay -- I respect that -- Just curious -- I am seeing that most will not and just those that want it done will ship it out to be done to their own taste which is what I think I will do - Because I do have a finish that I think I am going to have done to my CE version - But to me it is going to come down to the TOPPER - If they go back on their word on that - I would have to say that I would be out -- But I do not think that is going to happen and they are going to keep to their promise on that feature.

Thanks again

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And time. The parts are likely in house already. Send them back out and hold up the line for months waiting on someone to disassemble coin doors and powder coat ?
LTG : P

Would likely take two weeks to turn them around at a powder coater's shop and a week to assemble them. They'd be ready for installation and add $150 to bill of materials. JJP probably wasn't convinced it was something they wanted to push.

I feel Richiewrench's pain and always match coin door to the metal. Can't remember if apron is metal or not, but if it is metal it needs to be done too, Richie better add it to his list of demands.

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would likely take two weeks to turn them around at a powder coater's shop and a week to assemble them.

Assuming the powder coater isn't doing anything else and can drop everything else and do them.

And still delays production.

LTG : )

#689 6 years ago

That's incredible. $1,875,000 for 150 games. Good for JJP! I hope these editions are amazing and everyone is happy.

Are they the first ones off the line? Sorry if already discussed.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are they the first ones off the line? Sorry if already discussed.

Rumor is no so that they can ensure any bugs in the line are worked out ahead of building the CE's.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Rumor is no so that they can ensure any bugs in the line are worked out ahead of building the CE's.

Yea, probably a good idea, but it would also be a nice perk for the collector edition owners to have their game first. Pros and cons to either approach. On the whole, if I were a CE guy I'd probably not want them to be first run.

#692 6 years ago

Okay -- I am back again - SO HERE IS THE DEAL.
Yes the shooter housing will powder coated -- Actually will be done both on the LE and the CE models -- But not the DOOR!!
I am not trying to be picky and I know this will be a great game - but when I look at the game and I see all the artwork and the other trim being powder coated and then you see this BLACK COIN BOX DOOR - It just does not look right to me -- So, Okay -- I guess Matt @ Back Alley will be getting my business on that and I might even change all the trim to a better finish like I have done to my other games. So I guess I am saying -- Not a deal breaker...but It is close
Then we come to the Topper -- DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING ON THE TOPPER OR IN WRITING THAT THIS IS A CE CUSTOM TOPPER ONLY AVAILABLE TO CE OWNERS???? I was told that the Topper would be only available to CE Owners on the one that is for the DI CE - I heard it is nice -- but I do not think that have been released or maybe it wont...Just frustrating to not see something new on the DI CE versions - Especially those that are willing to drop down hard earn money of $12,500.00 for each game.
Okay back to the Door - I have not been in this hobby for a long time - BUT, I do remember a time with the factories did not want ANYTHING to do with powder coating and for those that we updating your games or going thru a restore -- You would but your own twist on your game and make it unique to your own -- It just looks not complete - and to me it is wrong to not do the door -- but I am not making it a deal breaker -- and I know it is not everyone taste -- But if I did a poll -- Lets see how many say YES or NO -- SO....That is what I am doing
GO to: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-ce-owners-poll-powder-coating-of-doors#post-3767988
Lets see what happens... I do not seeing it changing anyone decisions @ JJP, Why would they -- It adds more cost now and since they sold all 150 already -- what do they gain from it - other to make most of us (I know I assuming that most would want it done) happy. But it is for mine and hopefully someone's knowledge to see how the POLL comes out.

If you powdercoat the door yourself, the game is no longer factory/original and cannot be changed and that could effect re-sale down the line.

If I were in on CE I would be looking for other stuff.

Like gold plated wireforms

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

all 150 are sold, but that doesn't mean they were sold to end users. they have all been sold to distributors / end users. i have no hard numbers, but it would not surprise me at all if Automated has a few left after all the current end users have theirs. So, you were not lied to, but at the same time you probably didn't ask the right questions.

Yes Australia has 2 unsold ce at present

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Yes Australia has 2 unsold ce at present

What do you mean they were unsold? If they were sold to distributors those games are still sold. perhaps that is not what you are saying.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

What do you mean they were unsold? If they were sold to distributors those games are still sold. perhaps that is not what you are saying.

i believe he is saying that the Australian distributor ordered some CE, so they are technically sold out from JJP, but not sold to the end customers yet.

It's the same thing that happens with all of the Stern Limited Editions. Stern announces a game, within a couple of days they are "sold out," but the truth is that Stern has sold all of them, not that the distributors are sold out. Same applies to concerts, sporting events, cruises, etc. The main company may be sold out, but dealers, distributors, resellers, etc have some left to sell to the general public (usually at higher than msrp prices.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

We sold 6 ce but we bought 8
2 spare to sell when they arrive

Like magic girl people are buying them now they are available

#698 6 years ago

i believe he is saying that the Australian distributor ordered some CE, so they are technically sold out from JJP, but not sold to the end customers yet.
It's the same thing that happens with all of the Stern Limited Editions. Stern announces a game, within a couple of days they are "sold out," but the truth is that Stern has sold all of them, not that the distributors are sold out. Same applies to concerts, sporting events, cruises, etc. The main company may be sold out, but dealers, distributors, resellers, etc have some left to sell to the general public (usually at higher than msrp prices.

Exactly

#699 6 years ago

I understand but it seems like some folks are discrediting the viability/success of the CE because some (or maybe even many) were purchased by distributors. From the JJP perspective and when measuring how successful presales are going why does it matter if a CE was purchased by a distributor vs. the end consumer? It's all the same to JJP, isn't it? Understanding that both distributors and end consumers can still back out of the commitment I'm assuming.

#700 6 years ago

I want to say THANKS to MATT @ BACKALLEY -- He explained the whole reason why they (JJP) will not powder coat the doors -- I think still it is BS, but I have a better understanding -- But I will send Matt all of my trim and he is going to get me set up with something really cool that I will like for the CE Model -- That is as long as JJP does not F($% up on the Topper -- I am curious on that -- I just want to see something out about the CE Model and how it is going to be different -- I guess I am hoping for an update from JJP soon -- They need to send us one either thru the distrib...or thru Facebook -- Something ...Just my Opinion

Lets see what happens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-dialed-in-collectors-edition/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.