Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

T_2.jpg
Unknown-1.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

I just wanted to give some public appreciation to JJP for their outstanding customer service. I recently had an issue with my WOZ CPU board where it wasn't booting up with the rest of the machine. LTG was quick to reply & help me along as far as he could. However, my issue was advanced & had to be passed to Butch Peel at JJP. I send Butch an e-mail about my problem that same day AT 10 PM AT NIGHT AND HE REPLIED WITHIN MINUTES with steps that lead to a successful resolution of my issue. Butch kept in touch with me every day until my issue was resolved, making sure everything was right.

Another honorable mention on a previous minor issue I had a few weeks ago: I sent Alex (pinchroma) a PM here on Pinside, and he CALLED ME WITHIN MINUTES to help me resolve the issue over the phone.

Right on, JJP. Right on.

#2 10 years ago

Alex is unbanned?

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Alex is unbanned?

This is so weird, people praising a manufacture for screwing up a 8K game ?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You can't expect each game to be perfect.

#5 10 years ago

Could you imagine the sh!t storm if JJP Customer service wasn't top notch.

#6 10 years ago

How did you PM Alex on Pinside & get a call?

You can't PM retired/banned users.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

To clarify, this was for a previous issue a few weeks ago before he got banned (I edited my post so that this is clearer). I didn't realize he was still banned.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

and you know when alex was pm'ed by the op?

Quoted from SilverBallz:

jjp, and pinball sales before that, have always been top notch with customer service from jack and team.

yes it would be impossible to believe, and makes no sense, jjp customer service would suddenly quit doing its job after years of stellar service? what moron would do this to his new company?

so yes, your backhanded compliment !s great, i think

stern pinball has also delivered in spades with the excellent job of patrick.

it looks like we will be looked after by both companies!!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No, and this is a perfect example of yet another antagonistic post from you. He was specifically complimenting them on good customer service. JJP did not screw up the game, it simply had a problem. It's a pinball machine; things break. My brand new ACDC failed after 12 games when a solenoid chopped a mis-dressed wire in half. It happens. Stop trolling, please.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Alex is unbanned?

Quoted from McCune:

Quoted from SilverBallz:

Quoted from PW79:

And this is why we can't have nice threads on Pinside.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

and you know when alex was pm'ed by the op?

Thread has been edited by OP. Prior to that OP said he JUST had an issue, spoke to LTG & also got a reply from Alex same day after a PM. Now it says weeks prior.

Quoted from Sunfox:

You should visit the carefully deleted/edited JJP newsgroup if this thread is so horrible.

There were no insults, profanity, personal attacks, religious/political rants or threats. In this thread I see questions about how a banned member received PM's & the OP chimes in as well as edits his post for clarification. Obviously if he felt the need to edit his thread its clear the wording wasn't indicative of the current situation.

Stop trying so hard, we will have worthy disagreements on other topics soon enough

#12 10 years ago

PS

OP glad you got your game fixed.

What man makes certainly breaks. Good to hear JJP hooked you up.

#13 10 years ago

The best pinball and slot manufacturer, Bally, had machine problems soon after release. Distributor and manufacturer support was top notch. That tradition continues to this day with Bally slot and other electronic gaming equipment.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Screwing up? When a game has hundreds of parts, many moving, things can happen. What's important is that an issue is fixed in a timely matter and that a company is taking care of their customers. JJP support has been nothing but superb. Please stop the unnecessary jabs.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

PS

OP glad you got your game fixed.

What man makes certainly breaks. Good to hear JJP hooked you up.

It ain't pinball unless there's a few issues along the way, right? But yes, I just wanted to give JJP props for helping me out in what seemed like a ridiculously quick amount of time & doing so outside of normal business hours. I've had customer service experiences with other manufacturers' NIB issues, but this one with JJP went above & beyond any level of service I have experienced so far, so much so that I made a public post about it. Yes, it felt that special. Thank you JJP.

#16 10 years ago

This is why I'm back in on WOZ.

So why was Alex banned?

#17 10 years ago

Woz Wah yer givin' me a Woz Wah.
Woz Waaaaah!

#18 10 years ago

Glad to hear you have your game.

Sucks it had issues already. Nature of the beast sometimes.

Good to hear the top notch level of customer service just in case.

#19 10 years ago

Great companies are defined by what they do when their product does not perform perfectly.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Thanks for labeling me as starting trouble. I'm simply curious as to how I can get in touch with Alex if he doesn't have access to the site. I'm hoping he will return full time, he has contributed tons.

#21 10 years ago

Butch is good people, just like LTG

#22 10 years ago

Isn't Butch designing the WOZ manual as well?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Thread has been edited by OP. Prior to that OP said he JUST had an issue, spoke to LTG & also got a reply from Alex same day after a PM. Now it says weeks prior.

You should visit the carefully deleted/edited JJP newsgroup if this thread is so horrible.
There were no insults, profanity, personal attacks, religious/political rants or threats. In this thread I see questions about how a banned member received PM's & the OP chimes in as well as edits his post for clarification. Obviously if he felt the need to edit his thread its clear the wording wasn't indicative of the current situation.
Stop trying so hard, we will have worthy disagreements on other topics soon enough

yeah, you seem confused, he never stated when they were communicating. you decided to assume a date you had in your head and ran with it.

nice job sherlock

#24 10 years ago

Well to repeat someone else why is Alex banned?
The guy who kept us in the know?
Somehow I missed this?
I thought you had to have have 3 strikes before you were out?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

yeah, you seem confused, he never stated when they were communicating. you decided to assume a date you had in your head and ran with it.
nice job sherlock

OP said LTG & Alex just helped him. 2 of us (Crash & PW79) asked how a PM to Alex was possible since he's been gone for almost a month. OP makes the edit for clarification separating the event into two timelines, we all move on, then you want to cry wolf twice?

Did I miss anything else Watson?

You are stretching for an argument. You win. Clearly myself & Crash were out of line. We appreciate you policing our comments & offering your valuable hindsight post thread edit.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Somehow I missed this?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-gambit3113

#26 10 years ago

PinB

Glad I could help and get you more when needed.

Thank you for the kind words my friend !

LTG : )

#27 10 years ago

going drama free tonight, thanks. take it easy and enjoy the beers and pins tonight, i will be

#28 10 years ago

LTG is great people and has been around ever since I started collecting 13 years ago

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Thanks for labeling me as starting trouble. I'm simply curious as to how I can get in touch with Alex if he doesn't have access to the site. I'm hoping he will return full time, he has contributed tons.

No, all I'm saying is that the very first responses to an overwhelmingly positive original post are negative, or at least mildly off topic. Both items color the responses to a thread, the first being people getting defensive about McCune and SilverBallz's statements, and the others steering the topic towards Alex's banning. It may not [yet] be full of insults and vulgarities, but if you look at any of the threads that have eventually ended up locked, they tend to start veering off with small seeds like this.

And, it's why we can't have nice positive threads on Pinside.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled... whatever this was again!

#30 10 years ago

JJP customer service must be great as I decided to order a Hobbit today. Stern needs to start bringing their A-game, I love my Avengers but thats a credit to pinside ingenuity troubleshooting all its problems. It took me almost a month to get a new Aux board to get my Xmen operational again.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I decided to order a Hobbit today

You are going to love it.

It is looking like it is going to scream.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are going to love it.
It is looking like it is going to scream.

Awesome!!! So if I ever have any issues you will drive over immediately to fix my pin? You are the best LTG! I dont believe any of that stuff HouseofPin said about you, I will have bloodwine ready for your consumption when you arrive

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Awesome!!! So if I ever have any issues you will drive over immediately to fix my pin? You are the best LTG! I dont believe any of that stuff HouseofPin said about you, I will have bloodwine ready for your consumption when you arrive

If you are within an hour or two, might not be immediately but I'd probably come if I can.

Hmmm, bloodwine. 2309, there is no finer vintage.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ummm...no I would go with a fine WoZ wine from Kansas.
Served at the discriminating WoZ box parties.

http://ozwinerykansas.com/

#35 10 years ago

Yeah, I heard this is how it is in the west coast.

Unknown-1.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Hey now, you start dissin Kansas, we're going to have words.... :p

#37 10 years ago

Hey now, you start dissin Kansas, we're going to have words.... :p

Just click your heels 3 times and say "There's no face like chrome".

T_2.jpgT_2.jpg

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Somehow I missed this?

He was getting burned out and he talked with Robin and they decided Alex would take a break. Robin mentioned it in another thread. I think it was the sticky on about banning a few people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-customer-service-kicks-ass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.