Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I know it has been a while, but spent the better part of a 1/2 day putting all of the cliffy protectors on my WoZLE. Some of the work takes quite a while. The whole time I am shaking my head wondering two things....

1) Why doesn't JJP just put protectors on in the first place? Or at least offer it as an option?
2) Why doesn't Cliffy cut a deal w/JJP.

I am sure when I ordered my WoZ I would have been more than happy to pay $100 extra for protectors. After yesterday I would have paid $200. Bottom line is I feel that they are missing some opportunities.

Yes I know, once you start this stuff it gets kind of hairy. But to me it is all about what the customer wants/needs. In this case there are owners out there that are willing to pay more to protect their investments. Car dealers have done this for years (i.e. high-end car mats).

The could go beyond Cliffy's. They could work with some of the mod manufacturers as well. Putting this stuff on in the production process makes the most sense. Maybe the incremental margin isn't worth it though.....but to me that is where the flaw could be. In this case it isn't all about margin. It is about building a solid relationship with the customer.

Ok, rant off...

Dave

#6 7 years ago

That is very interesting because I don't recall that as an option at all. I only remember being able to get the entire playfield with mylar on it or something like that.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

And while we're at it. JJP does have a good relationship with him. He got stuff early on so that he could design his protectors and have them ready for the game (Hobbit also) as far as I remember.

This is confusing to me. Either the game needs this stuff or it doesn't. To me it shouldn't have been an option. If the game is going to see damage, then put the things on. Cost of these protectors has to be a rounding error based on the investments people are making.

Either way it looks like it was an option and I simply missed it. Good to hear that if someone wants them installed at the factory, they can get it.

When I think of "extras" one should get for the collector's edition of Dialed In, I hope these Cliffy protectors come with it

Merry Xmas/Happy New Year all!

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 16.95
$ 5.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-cliffy-should-partner?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.