4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

JJP makes the best games. Truly hope they resolve the playfield and any other issues. We all just want to play to have fun, not complain about quality problems. I would like to feel confident in their moving forward. Best of luck.

#2 4 years ago

Own RRWOZ, Hobbit LE, and JJPOTC LE. Never had a single issue. All playfields are pristine, no chips, etc. All mechs work with no issues out of box (or trade in regards to my WOZ). Only had to replace 1 spring on one drop target on my Hobbit. Play 'em weekly. From what I can tell no more issues with their games than any other manufacturer.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Own RRWOZ, Hobbit LE, and JJPOTC LE. Never had a single issue. All playfields are pristine, no chips, etc. All mechs work with no issues out of box (or trade in regards to my WOZ). Only had to replace 1 spring on one drop target on my Hobbit. Play 'em weekly. From what I can tell no more issues with their games than any other manufacturer.

I'd wager to bet many people would argue the other way. Not only due to QA issues but because the games are just more complex in general with inherent issues that come with that complexity. JJP playfield issues are highly documented on pretty much every title. Over and over people are posting to the POTC thread with out of the box issues, which get a lot of "well, it's pinball... shrug" responses. Some of those are shipping wear, for sure, but a good portion are surely factory issues. JJP has hidden and held back details of issues from owners of their games. POTC has 3 hardware "fixes" that were released after the game, most people probably don't know about them. Great that they released them, sad that they had to. I'm still wanting JJP titles, so don't let me dissuade anyone, just know what you are getting in to.

#4 4 years ago

I bought new WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In and Pirates. Love JJP games but, the playfield thing has me somewhat disenchanted. The Mirco playfields are bubbling, peeling, delaminating around any contact from posts to playfield contact. The star post repair kit is a temp fix. It just spreads the load and I now have seen star posts doing the same thing.

I have seen the same problem on a 2-month-old WW.

Not a single game I have ever owned including Woz, Hobbit, and DI have done this. Trust me, they know what's wrong and likely can't fix it or can't get Mirco to change whatever process changed that is causing this.

I would be happy to buy a replacement playfield and move on if they resolved the problem. Buying another shitty playfield is likely throwing money at a problem that will still exist.

Come on JJP, man up and say what happened.

I have now seen this problem on 7 out of 7 pirates and WW games.

I doubt anyone has a Mirco playfield that is not failing or will soon fail.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

I bought new WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In and Pirates. Love JJP games but, the playfield thing has me somewhat disenchanted. The Mirco playfields are bubbling, peeling, delaminating around any contact from posts to playfield contact. The star post repair kit is a temp fix. It just spreads the load and I now have seen star posts doing the same thing.
    I saw has the same problem on a 2-month-old WW.
    Not a single game I have ever owned including Woz, Hobbit, and DI have done this. Trust me, they know what's wrong and likely cant fix it or cant get Mirco to change whatever process changed that is causing this.
    I would be happy to buy a replacement playfield and move on if they resolved the problem. Buying another shitty playfield is likely throwing money at a problem that will still exist.
    Come on JJP, man up and say what happened.
    I have now seen this problem on 7 out of 7 pirates and WW games that I have seen.
    I doubt anyone has a Mirco playfield that is not doing failing.

#6 4 years ago

The playfield issues aren’t unique to JJP though. Pretty much every major manufacturer has them at this point. Stern, CGC, etc. I hate to say it but this is probably the new “normal”. The market would have to stop buying pins to get it fixed and so far that isn’t really happening.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

The playfield issues aren’t unique to JJP though. Pretty much every major manufacturer has them at this point. Stern, CGC, etc. I hate to say it but this is probably the new “normal”. The market would have to stop buying pins to get it fixed and so far that isn’t really happening.

I totally love jjp games. Beautiful and almost perfectly family themed.
    However i wouldn't buy a single one, untill they get rid of mirco.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Cgc really?

I've seen bubbly beatles, but was it not so, that some of them were also made by crapco?

I sure would like to know what jjp plans are for gnr, which looks to be awesome and also toy story.
    Will they stick with crapco?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Cgc really?
    I've seen bubbly beatles, but was it not so, that some of them were also made by crapco?
    I sure would like to know what jjp plans are for gnr, which looks to be awesome and also toy story.
    Will they stick with crapco?

Yes CGC, look through the AFMr and MBr threads.

To their credit CGC does appear to be actively trying to address them.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

This

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-challenge?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.