1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Looking for the best Bill Acceptor for a JJP Guns ‘N Roses pin.

#2 1 year ago

I believe I used a Mars 110v and just plugged it into the service outlet inside the machine and bought an adapter cable that allows you to tie it into the coin mech switch. The connector on the JJP machine is for a 12v validator. I believe NEC didn’t like 110v at the coin door so that mandated the switch to 12v.

#3 1 year ago

MEI AE 2654

I use it on my JJP and CGC games using 12 volt bill adapters.

Suzo Happ and occasionally on Ebay you can find a harness to plug into the service outlet to use a 110V bill validator. Only problem is it is on all the time the service outlet is on. And you have to solder two wires to a coin switch.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

I just feel like I am having trouble finding exactly what I need (brand new). Any links would be appreciated. Thanks.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from JHundo:

I just feel like I am having trouble finding exactly what I need (brand new). Any links would be appreciated. Thanks.

The MARS/MEI 24xx series I do not think is available new anymore. Since Crane bought them (all or in part?), the models released have been redone.
    If you're looking for new, you'll want to look at a Crane Talos. ( https://www.cranepi.com/en/products/payment-technology/note/validators/talos ), though now a days there are a handful of other DBA's available. And if you're going new, then get a 12v one that can be plugged in directly to the game, no 110v adapters needed.

(Edit to add: LTG may know if newer JJPs have the same size limitation on bill magazines - if so, you'll need a 300bill count or lower to be able to close the coin door. Older machines like WMS, needed a smaller one. Not sure if JJP changed or not..)

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

(Edit to add: LTG may know if newer JJPs have the same size limitation on bill magazines - if so, you'll need a 300bill count or lower to be able to close the coin door. Older machines like WMS, needed a smaller one. Not sure if JJP changed or not..)

Yes jjp games need a 300 bill count magazine. Every pinball machine I've see that has bill validator capabilities needs a 300 magazine or smaller if available.

The MARS/MEI ones if you find them, all the stackers are interchangeable. They usually come with a 500 count magazine. Keep an eye on Ebay and pick up a 300 and swap it on there.

#7 1 year ago

One like this one:

https://www.capitalvending.com/mars-mei-ae-2454-12v-constant-power-dc-.html

or likely this one:

ebay.com link: itm

I'm not sure of the stack size that this one comes with, you do need the smaller one.

Mike

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mfox:

I'm not sure of the stack size that this one comes with, you do need the smaller one.

If you get the one in the picture, it is the smaller one. You can always ask the seller.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mfox:

One like this one:
    https://www.capitalvending.com/mars-mei-ae-2454-12v-constant-power-dc-.html
    or likely this one:
    ebay.com link: itm
    Mike

True, but he asked for 'new'. Hence, why I pointed him towards the Telos model now. But yeah, those would work.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes jjp games need a 300 bill count magazine. Every pinball machine I've see that has bill validator capabilities needs a 300 magazine or smaller if available.

Good to know, thanks. Never messed with a JJP on location before.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-bill-acceptor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.