(Topic ID: 239040)

JJP TPF 2019 seminar...what a miss :(

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How was JJP's 2019 TPF Seminar?”

• Great 14 votes
      11%
    • Terrible 114 votes
      89%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tell-me-again-why-you-like-the-sound-of-your-own-voice-because-noone-cares (resized).jpg
    5FF0451C-77DD-4BFC-AEC2-89AB0827DB76 (resized).png
    27DE527E-7E9C-4D7C-A711-9C5A5322FB16.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

To be fair, this wasn't a new machine reveal, just a new flavor placeholder. I'll reserve judgement until the Wonka reveal which I'm expecting will be at least par with the Pirates reveal.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I understand that. Even as a placeholder presentation though it should have been way better. It was just all over the place, unorganized and had a "eh who cares" vibe it. Besides Jack no one from the panel really seemed excited to speak.

INCLUDING Jack no one seemed excited to speak. The body language of everyone up there was not telegraphing excitement. It will be substantially different at the Wonka reveal.

This kind of felt like a weird cousin to the Dutch Pinball BoP 3.0 reveal.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Can we see the seminar somwhere online?

Click on "Videos 2" at the top here:

https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

After reading through this thread, only one question remains... who the hell wants another GNR pinball? Is there really demand for GNR? I guess that's two questions.

I totally want one. I hate the art on the DE one. A deluxe GnR pin? Yesplease.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Gimmie that Slash Hat topper!

I'll put the "11 1/2" in the hat band myself.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

You probably won't have a problem getting one if they make it. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against GNR and I love JJP machines... I just can't imagine that there would be demand for GNR at this point in time.

GnR's last tour was the biggest grossing out there, something like 500 million bucks, and they're going out again in late 2019 with an even bigger tour. There are a LOT of GnR fans in the world. If there's 1/100 of one percent of the people that saw them on the last tour that would buy a pinball machine, that's 1000 machines right there. I think JJP will sell a lot more than 1000 if they don't price themselves out of the market.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

G&R Put out the 5th largest tour of all time the year. Stern put out the Stone's game the year they did the 3rd largest tour of all time look how that went.

You're not making any good points because Stern put out one of the laziest, crappiest, ugliest pins in modern history for the band that did the 3rd largest tour of all time. Literally one step above a box of lights. Stern sold more than they deserved to of Rolling Stones.

JJP will give GnR the presentation they deserve and the sales will follow.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Your prior agreement was the game will sell well because of how well the tour sold now your back peddling no matter how well JJP does at present day prices it will fail

There's no backpedaling. I was talking about JJP and GnR. That the machine has a certain level of quality with JJP is assured and obvious so it was unnecessary to state when working the numbers. With Stern that assumption is out the window. YOU brought in the completely irrelevant Stern Rolling Stones comparison.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

"GnR's last tour was the biggest grossing out there, something like 500 million bucks, and they're going out again in late 2019 with an even bigger tour. There are a LOT of GnR fans in the world. If there's 1/100 of one percent of the people that saw them on the last tour that would buy a pinball machine, that's 1000 machines right there. I think JJP will sell a lot more than 1000 if they don't price themselves out of the market."
    You said nothing about JJP quality in your prior post you did however mention JJP pricing themselves out of the market

Well, I ASSumed (my mistake) that most breathing pinball fans would be able to understand that JJP has a certain proven level of quality, so it wasn't necessary to explicitly run that down. I'll keep in mind that you need an extra level of explicit kindercare in future posts I make to you so they're not confusing FOR YOU ALONE.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I checked the 2 and 3 hour streams and didn't see it covered. Maybe someone will post it. I want to indulge in how terrible it really was!

What are you looking for? The JJP Seminar? It's on the page at that link I posted before.

Here's the direct link:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/399633166

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

jack is so bad. and he thinks he's so funny and so impressive. it's beyond a train wreck. and the big reveal was nothing at all.

He can be quite charming, but he seemed nervous and disorganized this time around, and it was probably because he didn't have anything great to show or talk about and would rather be discussing something brand new that would excite the attendees like Wonka, GnR, or Toy Story.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-at-tpf-2019what-a-mess?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.