(Topic ID: 239040)

JJP TPF 2019 seminar...what a miss :(

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How was JJP's 2019 TPF Seminar?”

• Great 14 votes
      11%
    • Terrible 114 votes
      89%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tell-me-again-why-you-like-the-sound-of-your-own-voice-because-noone-cares (resized).jpg
    5FF0451C-77DD-4BFC-AEC2-89AB0827DB76 (resized).png
    27DE527E-7E9C-4D7C-A711-9C5A5322FB16.gif
    There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Thanks for all the feedback and I agree its just pinball. The way JJ displayed his presentation be it having the entire staff of the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders or just throwing hats around. Can someone anyone tell me what in the HELL does that have to do with the game itself??? I can save you the time... NOTHING!
    So crying about a presentation what in the hell!
    YOu don’t like the price okay its pricy but he’s a business, he’s trying to make money. Don’t like the price don’t buy it.
    IF you have a product that has demand why not try to sell some more.
    /
    Has ANYONE see PURGE 18 (LOL) or SAW 45 or how many James Bond movies are their? Why don’t we start a thread asking MGM to stop making James Bond movies because I mean seriously how many more terrorists can he kill.
    John Wick he’s killed over 400 people across two movies how are their anymore assasinns to hunt him in John Wick 3. If it makes money you keep doing it. If there is demand and people pay the 11,500 guess what they’ll make another run and another.
    These are just facts! All I’m saying.
    Lastly, Can I get another 50 down votes, I’m a little hurt that I didn’t get more. I’m not feeling the love you know. Because of these down votes are really hurting my feelings I think I need a few more to really feel depressed. Keep them coming!!! LOL

The irony of watching you have one of the biggest meltdowns in Pinside history and the meltdown being about Pinside melting down is perfect. You deserve a Twipy or something. Did you plan it?

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

And perhaps Pinball companies lack marketing and press people who can influence 'messaging'. Prior to shows, I've noticed the pinside hype and rumors have gotten out of control. Pinball reality can't possibly match pinsider dreams of better, cheaper, faster, lighter (lol)...
    So as early as possible, pin companies should clarify their agenda and set expectations for a show reveal or panel. "Hey, we're going to unveil a new version of an existing game and answer Q&A. The next game isn't ready for reveal at show, sorry." JJP is probably still gun-shy after the sh*tstorm from their sharing of early POTC details. Would hate to see these guys stop doing Q&A panels or other show presentations because of pinside rage.

I was just saying that sentiment to my friend. Ideally, we'd get an in-between, a "here's why we have to be vague in this business (parts allocation, design tweaking, manufacturing issues) and here's what we can announce to give you time-frames to respect your patience, and allow you to plan half a car purchases throughout the year.

I understand they can't be entirely transparent, but last night was proof that a....degree....after the YBR unveil, would have helped us throngs of fans, be satiated and empathetic to their production and marketing situation.

That said, I've watched years of e3/CES/Nintendo Direct presentations and in the video game world, hype and expectations run even more rampant, and subsequently more disappointing, than what we have here in pinball. Ideally, the big four recognize that, and help eliminate those vibes, but hey, Spooky came out, gave a 90 minute tutorial sans it's owner speaking one word to the people that have had $1000 locked up for a year, yet alone reassuring them how issues would be smoothed out, improved upon, and a brighter future exists for it's fandom. But dog photos on Facebook, good on ya man!

These companies and their fans, are a much, much smaller market and niche crowd than video gaming. In that sense, they need greater fan outreach, and less spin. Yet when we have public figures try to frame pinball via media, we get awkward people trying to up their cool value with streams and skits. I like and appreciate the crowd that makes and enjoys pinball. It's a rare last bastion of nerdy folk that don't self label to accrue some chic term for cultural backing. Gaming lost it's nerdish creative roots. I truly hope pinball never does via mainstream cultural indoctrination, for better of the business or worse.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

You probably won't have a problem getting one if they make it. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against GNR and I love JJP machines... I just can't imagine that there would be demand for GNR at this point in time.

GnR's last tour was the biggest grossing out there, something like 500 million bucks, and they're going out again in late 2019 with an even bigger tour. There are a LOT of GnR fans in the world. If there's 1/100 of one percent of the people that saw them on the last tour that would buy a pinball machine, that's 1000 machines right there. I think JJP will sell a lot more than 1000 if they don't price themselves out of the market.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Why didn’t anyone ask why if pirates is sold out and distros are clamoring for more that we have a yellow woz for 2 racks more in our face?

What kind of answer would you expect?

He made it clear that they were committed to the next game and were not saying anything about why they picked that over more pirates now. You can ask the questions they've already shown they won't answer... but all it does is show you can't read the people.

They aren't going to air internal dirty laundry just because someone asked a follow up question to their intentionally vague and deflecting statement they just made 30 seconds prior.

They repeatedly said they sold out pirates... they specifically avoided making statements about demand for the game.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

But if they can do 10 machines a day, this only supports the business for 20 business days.

Not how it works...

At 200 units this means some 2milliion in sales or so. That's what matters.

The factory workers will have plenty to do on the main line after woz wraps up.

Jjp wants to be shipping games when they announce them... that takes time

The revenue is what binds things ultimately

#106 5 years ago

And you people have way over hyped yourselves into what these seminars are.

They aren't marketing launches. There is no press here... there isn't corridinated media etc. this is simply speaking amengagements at a fan convention. More often then not simply retrospectives, some BTS looks, histories, a chance to hear from the team members directly, etc.

You all are so wound up into a frenzy over the next game anything not about it is suddenly bad. That's the sign of addicts.

Jjp seminar showed signs of lack of preparation. They clearly were winging it and chose to recycle topics rather than prepare new interesting content. That's on them. But those making comparisons to E3 or other actual media launches... you are disconnected from reality on what these seminars are.

The worse part of the session was the horrible audio that plagued the room (not jjp's fault) and that JPs topic was a pretty pointless rehash.

When the companies do not do a good job of Defining what the session will be... it leads to fans making up their own topics and then being mad it's not that.

Jack knows what everyone is clamoring for... they needed to plan to offer something else more captivating. They know the woz topic wouldn't fit an hour or appease those hungering

#107 5 years ago

And again, 2 playfield lines in the factory. YBR playfields on the back line not the main line. No plans for any more WOZ on the main line pretty much ever I wouldn’t think. Too many other games to get into production. WOZ will do what it’s doing. Main line is busy finishing up the Pirates run while alongside it is gearing up for game 5 to enter very soon. Pirates is getting down to the end as everyone knows. That’s what is happening, and Pirates production halting after this cycle was decided months ago, not due to WOZ YBR. Two different things going on. Game 5 will hopefully be a hit but time will tell.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

And you people have way over hyped yourselves into what these seminars are.
    They aren't marketing launches. There is no press here... there isn't corridinated media etc. this is simply speaking amengagements at a fan convention. More often then not simply retrospectives, some BTS looks, histories, a chance to hear from the team members directly, etc.
    You all are so wound up into a frenzy over the next game anything not about it is suddenly bad. That's the sign of addicts.
    Jjp seminar showed signs of lack of preparation. They clearly were winging it and chose to recycle topics rather than prepare new interesting content. That's on them. But those making comparisons to E3 or other actual media launches... you are disconnected from reality on what these seminars are.
    The worse part of the session was the horrible audio that plagued the room (not jjp's fault) and that JPs topic was a pretty pointless rehash.
    When the companies do not do a good job of Defining what the session will be... it leads to fans making up their own topics and then being mad it's not that.
    Jack knows what everyone is clamoring for... they needed to plan to offer something else more captivating. They know the woz topic wouldn't fit an hour or appease those hungering

I was stating I'm glad these events are nothing like e3. And even e3 is a shadow of what it used to be, only Microsoft is officially showing up this year. I'm saying the glitz and PR spins of that is exactly at the opposite of the earnestness of this hobby that's attractive, at least for me personally.

These shows, with industry panels and debuts for product launches, are entirely analogous to e3 style conventions. Where else do these companies announce, describe, and show off new product lines other than at seemingly two of these types of conventions a year?

And obviously this industry is maybe 1% the size of video gaming. And for that I am glad. You can only do so many things with pins, and an overflow of games wouldn't necessarily be appealing.

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Keep the hot takes coming and the downvotes will continue!

What in the hell does that mean? So should I run and hide. I could care less if I get 1000 down votes is that suppose to hurt me or something? Its like you just made a threat, now I'm scared. Dude the down vote thing on this forum is ridonkulous like who cares if you get a downvote. If every time you got a down vote it took a dollar our of your bank account well then we'd be talking a different story.

Anyway clearly there are alot of JJ Haters on these forums.

A guy does a reveal of a game he's already produced in the past and a firestorm of HATE gets unleashed.

Hey just to calm everyone down, I'm going to start a gofund me. All the money will go towards JJ next reveal party. The goal will be to raise 1 million dollars.
    With the 1 million dollars, we're going to hire every living cast member of Willy Wonka to autograph games, going to buy 20 confetti machines, 4 C02 cannons, going to rent a high tech light show, and with whatever is left going to hire Survivor to sing EYE OF THE TIGER.

Who wants to pitch in! I think a pinball reveal deserves all of this and more. Oh and I forgot we'll get more RED HATS! It is very possible some of you are just pissed because Jack didn't give you a red hat. Darn Darn Darn Herman Munster is now mad. Oh no... maybe I'll get more downvotes.

LOL

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Nobody knows tone over a message board NO ONE!

I can feel the tone of your messages and I'm halfway around the world .

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

John Wick he’s killed over 400 people across two movies how are their anymore assasinns to hunt him in John Wick 3.

It's not like it's the same movie with less Assassin's and a different coloured actor and they charge you more to see it.

#112 5 years ago

Someone needs a chill pill

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Absolutely! JJP is on a fishing expedition to see what the market will bare. If these YBR sell at 11500- then they celebrate when WW or some other LE comes out at the same price point.
    Remember it's all about asking, you won't know what you can get for something unless you ask. If price is too high nothing sells but if people line up to throw money at you with deposits then you can laugh your way to the bank.
    -Mike

I normally hate “whataboutism”, but... we already know the market handled $15000 SLE Batman games from Stern where you sent in a video begging for the game. Super Limited Edition with only 30 made... oh, they are buying them... wait... only 80 ever to be made! And oh, those “unpriced” Beatles games where you could line up to make an offer to a distributor. Hell, these YBR games might be underpriced compared to what the market has already handled.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

What in the hell does that mean? So should I run and hide. I could care less if I get 1000 down votes is that suppose to hurt me or something? Its like you just made a threat, now I'm scared. Dude the down vote thing on this forum is ridonkulous like who cares if you get a downvote. If every time you got a down vote it took a dollar our of your bank account well then we'd be talking a different story.
    A guy does a reveal of a game he's already produced in the past and a firestorm of HATE gets unleashed.
    Hey just to calm everyone down, I'm going to start a gofund me. All the money will go towards JJ next reveal party. The goal will be to raise 1 million dollars.
    With the 1 million dollars, we're going to hire every living cast member of Willy Wonka to autograph games, going to buy 20 confetti machines, 4 C02 cannons, going to rent a high tech light show, and with whatever is left going to hire Survivor to sing EYE OF THE TIGER.
    Who wants to pitch in! I think a pinball reveal deserves all of this and more. Oh and I forgot we'll get more RED HATS! It is very possible some of you are just pissed because Jack didn't give you a red hat. Darn Darn Darn Herman Munster is now mad. Oh no... maybe I'll get more downvotes.
    LOL

Dude, chill. I dont know if you saw the jokey emoticon at the end of my statement or if you were just too preoccupied working yourself into keyboard badass mode that you missed it. It is obvious from your postings and your appearance on Kaneda that you have a lot of opinions and think highly of them. That does not mean that others opinions of the launch are any less valid. A lot of people, including me, thought the launch sucked.

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Dude, chill. I dont know if you saw the jokey emoticon at the end of my statement or if you were just too preoccupied working yourself into keyboard badass mode that you missed it. It is obvious from your postings and your appearance on Kaneda that you have a lot of opinions and think highly of them. That does not mean that others opinions of the launch are any less valid. A lot of people, including me, thought the launch sucked.

Agreed.

JJP seminar and what they have for product was disappointing. Done. Hopefully they’ll work harder for my pin dollars. Otherwise, good luck. MY OPINION.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

You probably won't have a problem getting one if they make it. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against GNR and I love JJP machines... I just can't imagine that there would be demand for GNR at this point in time.

I’ll take a GNR over Wonka, could give two shits about Wonka.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR's last tour was the biggest grossing out there, something like 500 million bucks, and they're going out again in late 2019 with an even bigger tour. There are a LOT of GnR fans in the world. If there's 1/100 of one percent of the people that saw them on the last tour that would buy a pinball machine, that's 1000 machines right there. I think JJP will sell a lot more than 1000 if they don't price themselves out of the market.

Whatever you say... but I also doubt 10,000,000 people saw them on their last tour.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I could give two shits about either one. As much as I like JJP machines, I wouldn't pay $8,500 for a "baseline" pinball machine, let alone $12,000. Enjoy your GNR when it comes out.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I think the excitement and distaste for both theme shows JJP needs to make both lol. Looking forward to either.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

G&R Put out the 5th largest tour of all time the year. Stern put out the Stone's game the year they did the 3rd largest tour of all time look how that went.

#121 5 years ago

what happened to the toy story rumors?

uninformed speculation: the 4th movie trailer shows the toys living in a pinball machine.. JJP is trying to switch over to so they can announce along with movie (June 19) due to the tie in of pinball into that universe.

it seems plausible to me they had to cut POTC short due to the delays eating up their fixed length window before they had to switch over for toy story and meet some kind of deadline coinciding with movie. and maybe due to not wanting to order more parts for a closing window on POTC they actually ran of parts even sooner than expected and now are in this hole in their production schedule

this seems as reasonable as other speculation? or did i miss something about toy story vs everyone seeming to focus on wonka as #5

#122 5 years ago

drfrightner has entered the thread

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Dude, chill. I dont know if you saw the jokey emoticon at the end of my statement

Maybe some of you are so damn uptight about to lose your minds over some little old presentation where poor old Jack gave out some red hats to realize I'm just enjoying getting all the down votes!!! LAUGH OUT LOUD! HA HA

Maybe you should chill... I'm just screwing with you up tight people... again LOL!

It's funny that some of you say to me or others 'hey its pinball have fun' because that statement is true. Pinball is pinball its just a game not some national emergency crisis. I'm still in shock that people think because Jack gave out some hats, had some fun, made some jokes that this was a mess. Now seriously that is what I would call being uptight.

Here is the facts though... I'm laughing about this whole thread, making jokes talking about hiring Eye of the Tiger, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, Confetti Machines, and you tell me to CHILL! I"M JOKING YOU GOOF!

So let me return the favor CHILL OUT DUDE! And to the other goof who said he can feel my tone half way across the WORLD... CHILL OUT DUDE I'm joking!

I just want the down votes on this ridiculous thread about a pinball game where some red hats got given away! I'm sitting here shaking my head and laughing nothing more about how absurd it is someone would take that so serious or for that matter me who's just JOKING. But you know getting the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders to help with a presentation in DALLAS actually isn't a bad idea is it?

LOL again for the way to serious people LOL

BTW my next post I'm going to go for some UP VOTES... I'm going to slam that ridiculous MESS of a presentation! The news of the hour... will he get some up votes if he slams the MESS of a party. We shall see! LOL

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

LOL

5FF0451C-77DD-4BFC-AEC2-89AB0827DB76 (resized).png5FF0451C-77DD-4BFC-AEC2-89AB0827DB76 (resized).png
    #125 5 years ago

BTW let me join in with the uptight people for just one post. Although I think its just pinball and Jack did a fantastic job goofing around with people, having fun in a room about his new pinball game answering questions. With that being said I'll tell you what is REALLY A MESS what is REALLY a DISASTER...

Every industry has ONE tradeshow where everyone comes together to buy, sell, make new contacts, do business.

Pinball is a business for suppliers and if this show is the end all be all show then that is a disappointment because no real new games where timed to release at this show. You would think every single manufacturer would schedule a new release for the ONE show. If this doesn't happen then there really isn't a ONE TRUE SHOW, just shows nothing more.

AT the IAAPA show in Orlando (November) Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, and Stern all had their new game: Pirates, Beatles and Monster Bash.

In fact no one had ever seen one inch of game play from Beatles until IAAPA. Then Stern brings Munsters to an electronic show to debut that game.

Here is the point... it's very disappointing that there isn't a single PINBALL show where everyone comes together to see whats new. What then is different about Chicago Expo and Dallas Expo or even say Pittsburg Expo or any of them if its hit and miss that you would see a new game?

Why ramp yourself up to go to Dallas if it truly isn't a show to see the newest, greatest, everyone come together 1 time can't miss show.

That to me is disappointing. Texas Pinball people wait for it an entire year, and just like say Comic Con people want to hear from the stars of the films coming out people at TPF want to hear from companies about new games.

Truth is I guess anyway if you really want to see all the latest and greatest you go to IAAPA not a pinball only show.

I think there should be A SINGLE pinball show where all the suppliers TARGET as a DATE they want to bring a new game for sale, a game DEMO, make an announcement slash presentation something.

AT TPF every single supplier should have brought what's next even if it wasn't ready to ship in the box. That to me is disappointing not Jack giving out some hats and making jokes.

Now that is a real opinion!

#126 5 years ago

And btw folks, please no down votes today I can't take another one. Today is my birthday, something I'm not happy about because I got another year older. Mentally just can't handle any more down votes just not today! Please! LOL Can I get 50 up votes for this post PLEASE just for today since its my birthday! I'm begging you guys! LOL

GO JACK WE NEED MORE RED HATS and a WONKA reveal! Lets go brother!

#127 5 years ago

Dude. You need to wander on over to CampbellSoupSide cause everything over there is condensed.

#128 5 years ago

Jesus.. at least I know who to block this week. Learn to sing or something if you need this much attention

#129 5 years ago

Pinball companies don’t have to reveal at pinball shows because they know we are already paying attention. By launching at non-pinball specific trade shows they can attempt to target a base that isn’t already hooked. I came to Texas to play games I won’t be able to play in my small market, not to see games get revealed. If that happens, cool, but that’s a bonus.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

LOL

Kaneda's brother?

#131 5 years ago

Did Stern show a new title at TPF?

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Pinball companies don’t have to reveal at pinball shows because they know we are already paying attention. By launching at non-pinball specific trade shows they can attempt to target a base that isn’t already hooked. I came to Texas to play games I won’t be able to play in my small market, not to see games get revealed. If that happens, cool, but that’s a bonus.

I agree with this; they are selling to people who already know what’s going on

#133 5 years ago

The dude’s opinions and posts are like mixtapes: nobody wants to listen to them.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Kaneda's brother?

Nope, he was on Kaneda's a little while back and embarrassed himself there as well, Chris disagreed with most things he uttered.

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

what happened to the toy story rumors?
    uninformed speculation: the 4th movie trailer shows the toys living in a pinball machine.. JJP is trying to switch over to so they can announce along with movie (June 19) due to the tie in of pinball into that universe.
    it seems plausible to me they had to cut POTC short due to the delays eating up their fixed length window before they had to switch over for toy story and meet some kind of deadline coinciding with movie. and maybe due to not wanting to order more parts for a closing window on POTC they actually ran of parts even sooner than expected and now are in this hole in their production schedule
    this seems as reasonable as other speculation? or did i miss something about toy story vs everyone seeming to focus on wonka as #5

JJP can't sell pinball machines with movie assets from Toy Story 4 before the movie actually comes out. There is even likely a timing contract/license clause that it can't be revealed for XX number of days until after the movie is released. The production for JJP #5 is currently being changed over on the JJP main line - per Jack in the seminar. Usually it is a month or so for the changeover, so it's "likely" JJP#5 will be revealed before May. Toy Story 4 will be in theaters in late June. Since Jack said that 2 machines will be revealed this year, they aren't going to let that main line sit idle until July. There have been some leaks (maybe intentional) to people from JJP employees that Wonka is next. This has been talked about in a few threads. Toy Story is not the next JJP pin.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Nope, he was on Kaneda's a little while back and embarrassed himself there as well, Chris disagreed with most things he uttered.

Hey Chris, I know you are reading this so a pro tip for you: screen your guests a little better. Make sure they are smart, funny, have a point of view, or something. Anything.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

And btw folks, please no down votes today I can't take another one. Today is my birthday, something I'm not happy about because I got another year older. Mentally just can't handle any more down votes just not today! Please! LOL Can I get 50 up votes for this post PLEASE just for today since its my birthday! I'm begging you guys! LOL

It worked.

I can't be bothered to downvote anymore.

tell-me-again-why-you-like-the-sound-of-your-own-voice-because-noone-cares (resized).jpgtell-me-again-why-you-like-the-sound-of-your-own-voice-because-noone-cares (resized).jpg
    #138 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

JJP can't sell pinball machines with movie assets from Toy Story 4 before the movie actually comes out. There is even likely a timing contract/license clause that it can't be revealed for XX number of days until after the movie is released. The production for JJP #5 is currently being changed over on the JJP main line - per Jack in the seminar. Usually it is a month or so for the changeover, so it's "likely" JJP#5 will be revealed before May. Toy Story 4 will be in theaters in late June. Since Jack said that 2 machines will be revealed this year, they aren't going to let that main line sit idle until July. There have been some leaks (maybe intentional) to people from JJP employees that Wonka is next. This has been talked about in a few threads. Toy Story is not the next JJP pin.

I sure hope the toy story pin isnt based off the new movie and only the new movie.
    If it’s based off the original 3 there is no reason to wait.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Why ramp yourself up to go to Dallas if it truly isn't a show to see the newest, greatest, everyone come together 1 time can't miss show.

I haven't been able to make it to Texas, first because I didn't have the money, and now because I have kids that would make it really difficult to go, but I can answer why I would want to go...

To hang out with the people at the show and play pinball.

Full stop. If there is something new, that's a bonus. If there isn't, if that is all that I'm going for, chances are I'll be disappointed.

The MGC up in Milwaukee that I run has never had a full game reveal in it. That doesn't mean that I am going to go shut down the show and say hey, no one should be excited to come to this! We have enough other stuff that I hope that it's entertaining to come to, and if it isn't, then that's fine, go to a different show instead and we'll entertain the people that came as best as possible. If someday we get a game announcement or release, then cool! I'll be happy to promote that and add it to the bunch of other stuff going on, but it is ultimately just one part of the show.

I've been reading all the TPF posts wishing I could have made it this year like I tend to do every year. Hearing that the lack of a game announcement makes the show less exciting is just silly. I'm really excited for TPF, and I'm stuck in Wisconsin.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I think there should be A SINGLE pinball show where all the suppliers TARGET as a DATE they want to bring a new game for sale, a game DEMO, make an announcement slash presentation something.

Many manufacturers release more than one machine a year. Production schedules don't always line up with those shows. Promotional strategies change. Expecting everyone to target the same show and use that for a launching point is a fundamental misunderstanding of how the business works.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Do we know the date of the show he was on?

#141 5 years ago

I agree. Bring on the down votes for me to.

You don’t like it don’t buy it. But leave Jack alone. Your all tough behind the keyboard. He is a personal friend of mine and how he looks or acts has nothing to do with pinball. How about we thank him for supporting the hobby and for coming to Texas. That’s what this hobby is about.

#142 5 years ago

Bring it on Mary’s

#143 5 years ago

I was just thinking and I wonder if JJP as well as Stern have underestimated just how big of a show TPF has become. Next to Pinball Expo the Texas Pinball Festival may be the largest and most substantial pinball show. TPF also seems like its become the premier pinball show for the pinball community. Seminar rooms are now packed and the seminars themselves are broadcasted live on Twitch which isn't the case at other pinball shows. I could see the type of seminar held by JJP being fine for some smaller shows but not TFP due to how big its become and the draw it now has.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I sure hope the toy story pin isnt based off the new movie and only the new movie.
    If it’s based off the original 3 there is no reason to wait.

If the unsubstantiated rumors are true, the Toy Story pin was started to be designed a few years ago, but was delayed because Disney/Pixar delayed the movie. They pushed the pin back in the schedule as a result. I would think that movie footage assets with the pinball machine in the movie would be very coveted by JJP for the pin. We would all be complaining if it wasn't included … well at least some of Pinside would be.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

I agree. Bring on the down votes for me to.
    You don’t like it don’t buy it. But leave Jack alone. Your all tough behind the keyboard. He is a personal friend of mine and how he looks or acts has nothing to do with pinball. How about we thank him for supporting the hobby and for coming to Texas. That’s what this hobby is about.

yikes. the white knights have arrived.

JJP's 'presentation' was objectively terrible for anybody that has attended any sort of industry convention. Not even sure how it can be argued or whitewashed.

Why would we thank a manufacturer for attending a convention where they can drum up more business? Its a cost of doing business and its in their best interest to have a presence there.

If anything JJP should be thanking the fans for wasting 60 minutes they could have used to play more pinball.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from adamross:

Do we know the date of the show he was on?

4 days ago, "Dream Theme Discussion"

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Where else do these companies announce, describe, and show off new product lines other than at seemingly two of these types of conventions a year?

Stern hasn't been launching games at fan shows. They've been launching titles with media and industry events... online media coordinated launches... etc.

Since Zach took over they've been doing more and more industry and media focused launches and not fan stuff. That's why they've been setting up ign exclusives etc.

These are community organized events. Smaller groups try to make their splash here because they have no reputation or limited history with the potential buyers. They have no market media pull... so they have to get their product out in front of people. These big shows are their best opportunities to do so.

#148 5 years ago

yikes. the white knights have arrived.
    JJP's 'presentation' was objectively terrible for anybody that has attended any sort of industry convention. Not even sure how it can be argued or whitewashed.
    Why would we thank a manufacturer for attending a convention where they can drum up more business? Its a cost of doing business and its in their best interest to have a presence there.
    If anything JJP should be thanking the fans for wasting 60 minutes they could have used to play more pinball.

They came and showed a new model game and added something to the lineup.

I understand your opinion but without manufactures support and new games we would have nothing to buy in the way of new machines. But I just dont think its right to drag someone over the fire. You don’t like the game don’t buy it. But there is no need to attack someone’s looks or appearance.

#149 5 years ago

Look, I believe what mayboyz is trying to say is that if you have disgruntled opinions about this reveal and the decisions the COMPANY makes they are your own personal opinions, but no one has the right to criticize an individual on a personal level as has been done the past few days. Jack is a guy who put it all on the line to breath new life into an industry that was barely hanging on with the junk games Stern was putting out. He and his team forced the community as a whole to innovate.

In my eyes if people stood up and became WHITE KNIGHTS more often the world would be a whole lot brighter.

Also, for people who were not there and have only read this thread, you should watch all of the seminars because JJP was the only one that did anything of importance. The others looked through a photo album and/or played a shabby game of jeopardy.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Dude, you need a girlfriend.

If this is what you’ve got going on for your birthday, it’s pretty sad.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-at-tpf-2019what-a-mess/page/3?hl=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.