1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

Guns n Roses. Can't wait. I don't think Eric will Wonka it - his PotC is amazing.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guns N Roses?? Seriously? This guy??
    [quoted image]

Really this guy comes to mind, but I'm pretty sure that, like Wonka, this machine will be GnR's "classic" lineup and era. No Buckethead, lots of Slash, etc.

fat_axl_rose_meme (resized).jpg
    #18 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

DE did a great job with their version. But with todays tech and video, it could really be good. Concert footage, backstage...etc

I hate the art on the DE one, and the table FEELS like crappy Data East when you play it, so a premium JJP table with concert bits and great art (hopefully no Wonka-style photoshop explosion on the PF) with a broader selection of music would be awesome. There are a million ways for it to go wrong, but if Eric really is doing it, I have faith, because even after disc-gate and trunk-gate, he knocked it out of the park with jjPotC.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from at_t_2d:

I am slowly losing hope for a Toy Story pin.

It's coming, after GnR, 1Q 2020 if there are no hangups with Wonka and GnR. I'm excited for that one, too, but I just hope they don't Wonka it.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from TrueJedi:

Is Muppets an expected JJP title?

It was on the old original leaked "road map" of pins that has been very accurate, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I hope they dropped it. A mix of family-friendly wide audience sprinkled with a more "grown up" pin here and there seems like a winning formula.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

GNR is next.
    I'm sure Eric will do a great job and it will move enough units. It's the first JJP I won't be getting.
    Toy Story is #7. It might be the first CE I purchase.
    Two totally different themes that probably don't have a ton of crossover in terms of the people that will purchase them. That's probably a good thing.

The theme doesn't really matter to me long term. A crap theme with a great pin is a great pin, and a crap pin with a great theme is still a crap pin.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm surprised to see so many GNR fans wanting another pin. I'm a GNR fan in the most casual sense but it seems like a terrible theme in 2019.

The DE GnR pin is crappy so it will be like GnR is getting their first pin, plus there's a TON of music, videos, and concert footage they could use. Axl is a great composer, so it would be super hot if he made some pin-specific music, but I think that's really more going to be under Slash's purview since he's the pinhead.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I just don't get the GnR love, especially since its already been done

Poorly. That's the point. It wasn't given the proper treatment, just a cheap-feeling, bad art Data East one.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Hopefully Toy Story with custom call outs by Tom Hanks and Tim Arnold.
    Actually John Ratzenbenger would be fine.

Tom Hanks has his sound-alike brother do all the Woody voice work outside the movies (games, ads, etc).

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

My wish would be for another 50s b grade sci fi movie type theme.
    Not to one movie, but use the style and theme to capture it.
    Think attacking of martians, robots, oversized people etc
    Protect the earth!! (Maybe not Australia, kiwi joke)
    Or War of the Worlds.
    My kids would say LEGO or Scooby doo.

I would totally be down with a good (animated - forget the live action crap) Scooby Doo. SO MUCH material to work with.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Stop with the Wonka shit or we’re going to Bork you!

Brevity is the soul of wit.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's a good thing none of the JJP games are crap. Then you can just talk about the theme.

They're not all great. Hobbit is all flash, very little substance, and Dialed In is still at its core flawed and essentially a boring take on Groundhog Day:The Movie.

WoZ is certified great, and jjPotC is looking (and playing) like a WoZ-level success. Initial impression of Wonka is that it's Dialed-In rehashed. Right theme this time, but poor implementation and extreme lack of imagination - in a theme ABOUT imagination. I'll reserve final judgement until I've shot it a bunch, though.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

I'd be fine with a straight-up Alien Trilogy game from JJP.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want to see JJP do an adult theme.. maybe Predator or the Matrix

As long as we stuck to Matrix 1 and not the terrible two sequels they wrote on their own, that would be great.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does anyone have any actual evidence that gnr is next? Too me, it doesn't match their their market approach at all. Plus, I'm hoping they learned that a recycled theme (Pirates) may not sell well. Jumping ship on their current fan base and providing a pin based on a band that is far more love hate than bands like acdc or zeppelin is pretty risky. I hope it's not the case as they are going to find out quick that you gnr guys are far less in number than what their other theme ideas would draw.

It's coming. It's next. And Eric is supposed to be doing it, which after jjPotC's GOAT-contender status is tremendously exciting.

GnR's last tour was over 500 million bucks. Half a BILLION dollars. Number one tour that year and I think #2 ever. They're plenty popular, and their next tour starts at the end of this year...right as their classic band-themed pin is coming out. If Jack can stick the landing with the tour start, he'll have 18 months of non-stop marketing for it.

Doing two saccarine themes in a row (Wonka and Toy Story) would be a bad idea. Plus this will give Pat some time to rethink and inject some of the imagination almost completely missing missing in Wonka into Toy Story's mechs.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Evidence that it is next? If it is true, we'll see if you're prediction translates into sales. I don't think it will. Sales will be as low as Pirates. And your assessment of Wonka aligns with the early detractors if DI. Same old, same old.

We ponied up for a DI on day one, so failure on that assessment. Sold it six months after we got it because it wasn't a keeper, but that's another story.

Pirates sales are fine so far, but artificially low only because as people finally get exposed to it and realize it's a top 3 pin and maybe the GOAT, Jack stops selling them for WonkaVoltaire. Same historical mistake.

Hit me up in January and we can see where this shakes out. People dogged me for saying an AC/DC Luci vault was coming well in advance of when it did since Stern said it was impossible, and, whoops! they were really working on it as I had heard. GnR is coming, and as long as JJP doesn't Wonka it (which I doubt since Eric is handling the design and his debut effort is stellar), the pin will sell.

#101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I asked for evidence, and it appears that there is only speculation.

It's not speculation but you can't always get what you want.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

From what I've seen, heard and read, people are not interested in an old, worn-thin license. Stock with distros is revealing.

What distros have LE stock? I'm sure many people looking for one would like to know. You're hung up on the license, but the GAME is amazing, and that's what matters long-term. It's the reason interest has accelerated now that jjPotC has hit the wild and people are getting firsthand time on it and realize that they want it.

Like I said, hit me up in January and we'll see where all this has shaken out.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Without evidence, it is speculation.

Just because YOU are not privy to the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see the market just fine in my own, so yeah, we'll see.

That's the problem with going it alone. If you don't have a network, your vision is limited.

1 week later
    #162 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

The thing with GNR , what new music have they made? Axl had Chinese Democracy in 2008. Thats it.

Who cares? There's more than enough "classic" GnR to fill a pinball machine three times over.

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Would be nice if toy story was still on the drawing board, but it’s probably going to be GNR.

Toy Story's still there, it's just coming after GnR now.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

That's an affirmative; hate festivals, but going for them Seen them upward of 30 times. Crue about 40, including their last show in LA!

vinceneil (resized).jpg
    #187 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I know we all want an edgy theme from JJP, but Vince Neil literally murdered somebody so maybe not the best starting point.

Manslaughter. The difference is intent, and that's not a small thing. And if we're going down that road, Nikki Sixx gang raped a girl with Tommy Lee. Bad people do bad things, then make a movie to candy-coat it. It's the Hollywood way.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Meatloaf and GnR have one thing in common they both put out one great album.

Use Your Illusion I/II is bloated, but it's a great album with enough filler to make it a double album. So that's two.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

You're about 3 months late with that chart. It's been discussed.

8 months later
    #230 1 year ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

Is it possible that it's Stern?

Zero chance.

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There are some great deals on Hobbit, Wonka, WOZ and DI in the market while you await GNR. Don’t overlook the full-featured standard models either. JJPOTC is an unbelievably good game also, but it sells at a premium. No matter which JJP game you choose to buy, it will keep you entertained for a long time.

Jersey Jack doesn't have an awful Munsters or WWE in the lineup, that's for sure, but Hobbit is the weakest (and usually cheapest on the JJP pin secondary market) of what they've released. That said, if you take Hobbit off the table, there's a lot of great pins left.

My personal ranking would be:
    1. jjPotC
    2. WoZ
    3. Wonka
    4. Dialed In
    5. Hobbit

Though Wonka and Dialed In *might* swap places over time since Wonka is so new. The rest are pretty settled in.

#236 1 year ago
    Quoted from JY64:

It says it was due out in Dec so it is late

It was pushed to Spring 2020 around Sept of last year.

Quoted from JY64:

No matter how good they make their games the sales will always be limited because of the high prices. Your fav POTC only sold 1000 units

Dude. You and everyone else know that production was cut SHORT by Jack in a case of the worst timing in 21st century pinball. All the pre-release disc-gate and trunk-gate hate was evaporating as people finally got hands-on and realized it was a masterpiece when Jack (still months behind in taking the temperature of the market) called it and canceled production. People wouldn't be paying $12,500 AND UP for a used LE and $20k AND UP for a CE if people weren't in love with the machine and demand was still strong.

I still believe he will make more after GnR or Toy Story at YBR prices. There's too much jjPotC money still on the table.

#243 1 year ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Are we adding Elvira and Stranger things to the Munsters and WWE list yet? But on Sterns defence they do pump out about 4-1 Jersey Jack more pinball is more pinball.

WWE and Munsters (aka The Kitty Show) are WAY worse than Elvira or Stranger Things. NST is too new to evaluate like that (although Lonnie being on code is a huge risk for eventual mediocrity) and Elvira has the Lyman FactorTM, so I would never count it out.

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Now I just have to wait for a certain fuckface to chime in on how I'm a troll.

Vid abandoned his account, so you'll have to settle for one of his shill accounts to get that.

1 month later
    #259 11 months ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Waiting................ with anticipation
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was surprised to hear an orchestral version of Sweet Child O Mine in the Westworld season 3 trailer that just dropped yesterday.

#268 11 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How about the whole album with a cello and 2 violins. What i had to listen to for 3 hours at the spa at the Hard Rock this last Jan. Painful.

I can't imagine how bad that experience would be. The Westworld trailer GnR song was weird. Songs like Paint it Black worked really well in the wild west of season 1 because it sounded cool and the song title had meaning in the story, but Sweet Child O Mine was a strange choice and a weird fit in the Westworld trailer because the song doesn't seem to fit and the title doesn't really either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 899.00
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    TheDudeMods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 199.99
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,699.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 52.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Plastics
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside