Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 5 years ago

Does anyone have any actual evidence that gnr is next? To me, it doesn't match their market approach at all. Plus, I'm hoping they learned that a recycled theme (Pirates) may not sell well. Jumping ship on their current fan base and providing a pin based on a band that is far more love hate than bands like acdc or zeppelin is pretty risky. I hope it's not the case as they are going to find out quick that you gnr guys are far less in number than what their other theme ideas would draw.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's coming. It's next. And Eric is supposed to be doing it, which after jjPotC's GOAT-contender status is tremendously exciting.
    GnR's last tour was over 500 million bucks. Half a BILLION dollars. Number one tour that year and I think #2 ever. They're plenty popular, and their next tour starts at the end of this year...right as their classic band-themed pin is coming out. If Jack can stick the landing with the tour start, he'll have 18 months of non-stop marketing for it.
    Doing two saccarine themes in a row (Wonka and Toy Story) would be a bad idea. Plus this will give Pat some time to rethink and inject some of the imagination almost completely missing missing in Wonka into Toy Story's mechs.

Evidence that it is next? If it is true, we'll see if you're prediction translates into sales. I don't think it will. Sales will be as low as Pirates. And your assessment of Wonka aligns with the early detractors if DI. Same old, same old.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

We ponied up for a DI on day one, so failure on that assessment. Sold it six months after we got it because it wasn't a keeper, but that's another story.
    Pirates sales are fine so far, but artificially low only because as people finally get exposed to it and realize it's a top 3 pin and maybe the GOAT, Jack stops selling them for WonkaVoltaire. Same historical mistake.
    Hit me up in January and we can see where this shakes out. People dogged me for saying an AC/DC Luci vault was coming well in advance of when it did since Stern said it was impossible, and, whoops! they were really working on it as I had heard. GnR is coming, and as long as JJP doesn't Wonka it (which I doubt since Eric is handling the design and his debut effort is stellar), the pin will sell.

Never said it was impossible. I asked for evidence, and it appears that there is only speculation. As for Pirates, I struggle to see Jack foregoing sales because of a new title. From what I've seen, heard and read, people are not interested in an old, worn-thin license. Stock with distros is revealing. I think the game is good, but I agree with most about the theme. I'd never spend that kind of money for it. GnR might be slightly better, but I'd wager Wonka and toy story will destroy it in sales. DI will probably do better. All of these themes are more neutral. As with all new pins, time will tell.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not speculation but you can't always get what you want.

What distros have LE stock? I'm sure many people looking for one would like to know. You're hung up on the license, but the GAME is amazing, and that's what matters long-term. It's the reason interest has accelerated now that jjPotC has hit the wild and people are getting firsthand time on it and realize that they want it.
    Like I said, hit me up in January and we'll see where all this has shaken out.

Without evidence, it is speculation.

Shop around. They are available. I can see the market just fine in my own, so yeah, we'll see.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Just because YOU are not privy to the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

That's the problem with going it alone. If you don't have a network, your vision is limited.

This is like the logic used by politicians to increase "tough on crime" legislation: "it's the unreported crime that you're missing. Just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it's not there." Okay.

If you have evidence, I'm all ears. If no one can even say, "Hey I KNOW 100% it is being made, but I can't tell you how I know," I'm calling it speculation as I go off evidence, not someone saying "you're not privy, so you don't know."

As for going it alone, I don't need you to tell me what the market's doing. I'm fine. Message me in 6 months, and I can fill you in.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

Ok..here are the dots that everyone is connecting. A few years ago one of the distributors delivered a JJP to Slash while he was touring. Since then Slash mentioned the he is working on a new GNR pin. All we know for certain is that a new GNR Is happening and most believe that it started with the JJP distributor delivering a pin to Slash. All of this info is on pinside. I think there is a thread dedicated to delivering a pin to Slash, but I don’t remember the article where it was posted that Slash confirmed that a new GNR pin was in development.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

JJPPOTC is one of the most balanced, effective, and creative uses of license I've ever seen. Most licensed games rely in, and make you fatigued of their license hours in. POTC balances everything so amazingly well, the license serves as the perfect backbone for the table, sans audio/video fatigue.

I'm really glad you like it. I find the lack of assets, b-list actor callouts etc. to be pretty weak. Depp's face with no Depp integration is pretty awful too. They could have done an original pirate theme and done better imho. The old days of custom Star callouts are long gone.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Kevin McNally does all of the callouts, which are insanely numerous and offer variation too. He was Gibbs, the first mate, and the only actor/character to appear in all five films, other than Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp. Incredibly energized, mood fitting, and not intrusive or obnoxious at all.
    As a home owner a lack of repetitive quippy clips, unlicensed music that's more varied and non conforming to a licensed theme, make this game ALL the more appealing. I feel the Hobbit has the best A/V theme integration pf any game ever, but man seeing those clips of Smaug over and over when locking balls, etc, and the over the top Gandalfesque voice actor made me place POTC as my urgent purchase.
    I'm glad I like, love it too! I had similar reactions as you, but maybe watch the Deadflip stream with Eric, Keith, and Joe, and the high level gameplay possibilities are extraordinary.

I think you're actually supporting my point. A plain old pirate theme would have been just as good if not better. I've played the game a lot, so I'm not speculating. If it didn't have Johnny's stupid pirate face and was an original pirate theme, there'd be one in my collection. I love JJP, but I think they struggle with theme choice and implementation. Just my opinion, and I vote where it counts, with my wallet.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

Or just a great Spaceballs pin would be awesome!

Now you're talking!

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Not interested in a JJP title yet. Hopefully in 2020.
    Need something violent. Rambo pinball.

Army of darkness?

1 week later
    #165 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I don't think I am at all. I'm saying it works perfectly for me, so I bought one, and seemingly not nearly enough for you.

That's not what you said, but if that's what you meant, sure.

8 months later
    #221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://gnrcentral.com/2019/07/11/slash-confirms-a-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-is-coming-out/
    Slash Reveals That a New Guns N’ Roses Pinball Machine is In Fact Coming Out.

Bummer... I love JJP soooo much, but I cannot stand Axle's whiny, shit voice. It grates on me worse than any other voice in music history. No matter how innovative and great the machine is, I just can't buy it (seriously, it would destroy my mental health). Now I understand what all the IMDN complainers were going through.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-6?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.