Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago
    guns-n-roses-gnr-appetite-for-destruction-99434e5a-66e8-4cb1-a704-7161ee4ab578 (resized).jpgguns-n-roses-gnr-appetite-for-destruction-99434e5a-66e8-4cb1-a704-7161ee4ab578 (resized).jpg
    #45 4 years ago

I love band pins. MET, AC/DC, and IMDN are three of my favorite pins.

GnR is my favorite band of all time, so I hope everyone is right and it's next. Like them or not GnR is/was a huge band. I think they had the most successful tour in the world the last 2 years or so.

I'll most likely be getting a CE....and LE at least.

#49 4 years ago

I was thinking about the potential song selection in the pin.

I would love for game owners to be able to purchase songs from the pin itself and put in what they want from GnR's catalogue.

JJP could save money in licensing music and we could get what we want. It would be crazy simple to design the code with that in mind and have appetite for destruction multi-ball or use your illusion wizard mode and stuff like that. There's tons of stuff in the Guns N' Roses world you could use for artwork/inserts/modes or whatever that wouln't include song specific titles.

I suppose you could have modes or inserts around the main hits, but I would love to be able to pick what I want. This seems like an easy win/win for everyone. There's already a computer basically in the pin...this seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do.

#52 4 years ago

Since my pipe dream of buying songs within the pin probably won't happen...here's what I would pick if it has 12 songs.

Welcome to the Jungle
    Night train
    Out ta get me
    Sweet Child of Mine
    Paradise City
    Mr. Brownstone
    It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    Get in the Ring
    Coma

bonus track for wizard mode or something...the end of November Rain

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I just don't get the GnR love, especially since its already been done

I understand it may not be your thing...everybody likes different music. That's cool.

It should be pretty easy to get the GnR love though. They were/are one of the biggest bands of all time. Look at the numbers on albums sold. They're videos are iconic. They're reunion and tour the last couple of years has been the #1 grossing tour for most of that period. Not many bands sell out stadiums.

They have millions and millions of fans. Very few bands reach that iconic level. That's why you have the GnR love.

For example I talked to a guy that owns about 80 pins that lives near me. He's never on Pinside. He was pumped to hear about the rumor. He said they were his second favorite band of all time and that he would be a CE order day #1. They're my favorite band period, and I'll likely get a CE...I'll get an LE in the least.

Again, their music may not be your thing, but it shouldn't be difficult to comprehend why others would be excited about it.

#104 4 years ago

I hope WW does really well. I hope GnR does really well. I would love to see them to a Star Wars pin and Back to the Future as well.

I think GnR is a great theme, and in my opinion, a much better theme for 30-55 year olds all over the world that buy pins, than perhaps anything JJP has done up to this point. I think it would do great in the USA and Europe and Australia...etc... I think as long as the pin is good it will be their best seller. I would like to see them do some more adult themes.

That said, I have a DI, JJPPOTC, and I'm getting a WW...I like great pins first and foremost. I had a WOZ for three years and sold it.

I think if you limit yourself too much on theme you will miss out on some great games. I probably wouldn't have MET or IMDN if that was the case, and those are two of my favorite pins.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Without evidence, it is speculation.

Pinside almost always knows the next game from manufacturers. Many times there isn't hard core proof, but when enough people are saying the same thing you can just about take that to the bank. Sometimes we might get the order wrong, but most of the time, collectively we know what's coming.

These games are in development for years...it's hard to keep secrets that long.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The first thing I want to see in a music ping is more than 12 damn songs. I want more than the entire catalog, I want the entire catalog, live tracks, b-sides, everything. There is no reason we can't have something like that.
    Also, Get In the Ring.... ew. Actually, the entire catalog in this case is probably impossible. I'm pretty sure the GNR camp isn't going to license One In A Million to anyone. But past that, everything.

I'd be all for that, but I doubt JJP could/would pay to license everything.

I mentioned this earlier, but it would be sweet if the catalogue was available for the end user to purchase within the software of the pin. That way, people could get exactly the songs they want.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Not interested in a JJP title yet. Hopefully in 2020.
    Need something violent. Rambo pinball.

I'm a huge Rambo fan. I'm in.

1 week later
    #161 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The thing with GNR , what new music have they made? Axl had Chinese Democracy in 2008. Thats it.

New anything isn't a prerequisite for a pinball machine. Old movies, shows, and bands are often what gets made into pins.

I wish they had more new music. They are going to try to get in the studio this fall to work on a new album...so we should have a new album in 2030 or so.

#179 4 years ago

I would love to see JJP do:

1. GnR

2. James Bond pin either based on Connery's films or the Daniel Craig ones or even an original Bond story they make up for the pin.

3. A great Star Wars Pin focused on the original trilogy

4. Back to the Future

5. Jaws (if they can and Stern doesn't have the license)

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sweet child of mine...multiball?
    The idea of Jack doing this just sounds awful.
    Has Jack seen a picture of Axl Rose lately? Cant wait to see him at TPF.....not.

What Axl looks like now has nothing to do with anything.

A lot of the best pins out lately like MET, AC/DC, and IMDN had very little to nothing to do with what the band members look like.

GnR is one of the biggest bands of all time (they've had the #1 tour in the world the last couple of years as well) and that creates the potential for a great pinball machine.

If you don't like their music that's cool, but to not recognize the potential of this license is just ignoring reality.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

But but Axl gained some weight so none of that matters...

Haha, that's right.

I guess Meatloaf was screwed from the word go for a pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-6?tu=Rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.