Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I don’t understand GnR and don’t really see how it fits with what they try to do with their themes but it sure seems that is likely JJP #6.
    I expect that JJP #7 will be Toy Story as long as they can avoid being hamstrung by lack of key IP assets that clearly hurt JJPOTC. Toy Story appeals to nostalgia fans, animation and Disney fans and many families and have the added benefit of being more current than Wonka.
    Barring a total swing and miss a Pat Lawlor designed Toy Story game with at least one super cool toy (imagine THE CLAW! picking up a pinball and dropping it on a ramp or something), liberal use of movie footage and custom voices by Tom Hanks’ brother (and maybe even Tim Allen) and perhaps John Ratzenburger would be the closest thing to a day one blind buy for my family if there ever was one.
    I’m a big fan of Muppets but I think that ship has sailed and themes like The Incredibles (sticking with Disney) or Back to the Future Trilogy would do far better for JJP. I’m convinced BTTF could probably sell more games than JJP 1-4 combined.

I have posted this in other threads but I would like to see the return of a Rudy in the form of Mr Potato Head as the main toy. Mr Potato head is the main character at Disney parks when you are waiting in line and I think it would work well in a pinball. Unfortunately with Don’s passing I don’t this would happen. Also etch-a-sketch would be a really unique way of implementing a lcd on the playfield.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

This is like the logic used by politicians to increase "tough on crime" legislation: "it's the unreported crime that you're missing. Just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it's not there." Okay.
    If you have evidence, I'm all ears. If no one can even say, "Hey I KNOW 100% it is being made, but I can't tell you how I know," I'm calling it speculation as I go off evidence, not someone saying "you're not privy, so you don't know."
    As for going it alone, I don't need you to tell me what the market's doing. I'm fine. Message me in 6 months, and I can fill you in.

Ok..here are the dots that everyone is connecting. A few years ago one of the distributors delivered a JJP to Slash while he was touring. Since then Slash mentioned the he is working on a new GNR pin. All we know for certain is that a new GNR Is happening and most believe that it started with the JJP distributor delivering a pin to Slash. All of this info is on pinside. I think there is a thread dedicated to delivering a pin to Slash, but I don’t remember the article where it was posted that Slash confirmed that a new GNR pin was in development.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I'm not trying to wreck any cred here.
    Chinese whispers perhaps ?
    I seem to recall reading that Slash saying he was working on a G&R pin, there was no mention of New
    Might have been his own Data East ?
    Slash confirmed new game ?
    Please point me to the thread.
    I'm all for a new Guns & Roses pin and would love to see what JJP could come up with but the $15,000.00 +... AUD would put me out of owning a NiB Gunners.
    [quoted image]

You are right...I went back and found the article and it is very vague. He could have been talking about working on his own DE pin. IMO there is enough smoke that there is a fire for a new GNR.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-6?tu=BigT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.