Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg
    There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

Anyone else excited about the Ed Sheeran pinball machine?!?

*Bronx cheer*

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You're about 3 months late with that chart. It's been discussed.

It was discussed 14 days ago, not three months ago.

I posted it for reference, and used your quote to show you were spot on with your gross sale number.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

it played the music i would have thought that the original GNR played the songs , but maybe a refresh is due

The DE GnR does play a good collection of their hits. To make the best of it you need PinSound and upgraded speakers. They have a huge catalog to select songs from and with the right machine, layout, it can be fantastic! It also helps Slash is a PinHead!

#204 4 years ago

My biggest fear with a GNR pin, licensing the songs seems to be quite expensive or difficult, so if there are 12 songs in the game and even 2 of them are from Chinese Democracy, I'm not sure I'd buy it. It seems so obvious, a pinball machine based on a band should have a ton of the bands music in it, but apparently not so much from past machines.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

licensing the songs seems to be quite expensive or difficult,

If Slash is part of the team, these costs could be cheaper than you or I buying the licensing. Not free, just reduced, to get the Pin deal. As we've seen with Pins, assets can make or break a pin.

#206 4 years ago

I hope so. Also, I want modes. Lots of modes. But I want them to be creative. Like Iron Maiden, most of the modes are progressive, there are stages and levels to them.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

If Slash is part of the team, these costs could be cheaper than you or I buying the licensing. Not free, just reduced, to get the Pin deal. As we've seen with Pins, assets can make or break a pin.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Manslaughter. The difference is intent, and that's not a small thing. And if we're going down that road, Nikki Sixx gang raped a girl with Tommy Lee. Bad people do bad things, then make a movie to candy-coat it. It's the Hollywood way.

Dont forget the 2 people he permanently disabled in the VW he hit. The Hanoi rocks drummer knew what he was getting into, and got off easy..

8 months later
    #208 4 years ago

I'm listening to some GnR now and thinking a new Gunners from JJP with great set list and full package would be very cool.
    Even at CRAZY AUD price I may have to backflip and consider getting my first JJP.

What i'm seeing from Stern is getting very boring and lacks true excitement (KME's JP excluded) , The poor to average quality of the Stern product turns me off big time. Turtle next ? No thanks

What I'm seeing from DR is nothing !! RAZA made my heart flatline,

AP is amazing but Hotwheels aint my thing.

So JJP GnR is my only NiB hope for 2020 at this time.

#209 4 years ago

Stern maybe doing Led Zep this year to rival GNR i am in on both so will be broke.

#210 4 years ago

Zepplin could be a gold mine if they do things right.

#211 4 years ago

My god how times have changed when JJP first came out it was said they would be different and not put out licensed themes

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

My god how times have changed when JJP first came out it was said they would be different and not put out licensed themes

When was that? Their first game was WOZ

#213 4 years ago
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    #214 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Zepplin could be a gold mine if they do things right.

But they likely won't (IMDN & JP2 excluded)

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

So JJP is my only NiB hope for 2020 at this time.

I’m in line for my first JJP CE - GnR!! Cannot wait to see this at TPF

#216 4 years ago

Where did the GnR rumor come from?

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

Where did the GnR rumor come from?

Slash ?

#218 4 years ago

https://gnrcentral.com/2019/07/11/slash-confirms-a-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-is-coming-out/

Slash Reveals That a New Guns N’ Roses Pinball Machine is In Fact Coming Out.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When was that? Their first game was WOZ

Everything was about being different and with that non-licensed games that people had asked for over and over. As for WOZ being there first game that was built because they already had the license from a non-pinball arcade game they had made

#220 4 years ago

JJP made the very original Dialed In,one of the best pinball machines ever made!Im convinced if it had been named Chaos in Quantum City and been sold as a disaster centered theme it would’ve been a top seller.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://gnrcentral.com/2019/07/11/slash-confirms-a-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-is-coming-out/

Bummer... I love JJP soooo much, but I cannot stand Axle's whiny, shit voice. It grates on me worse than any other voice in music history. No matter how innovative and great the machine is, I just can't buy it (seriously, it would destroy my mental health). Now I understand what all the IMDN complainers were going through.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

JJP made the very original Dialed In,one of the best pinball machines ever made!Im convinced if it had been named Chaos in Quantum City and been sold as a disaster centered theme it would’ve been a top seller.

I agree with all of this. Dialed In is one of the few games that I wish I had never sold

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Bummer... I love JJP soooo much, but I cannot stand Axle's whiny, shit voice. It grates on me worse than any other voice in music history. No matter how innovative and great the machine is, I just can't buy it (seriously, it would destroy my mental health). Now I understand what all the IMDN complainers were going through.

Maiden sold very well and so will this.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is it possible that it's Stern?

#225 4 years ago

It would be nifty if it’s JJP and they did a rock pin differently - for instance not always just playing the songs the whole time. I can listen to the cds - I want new sounds in a pin.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

Jack and Slash are friends. It’s always JJP games backstage, when available

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Jack and Slash are friends. It’s always JJP games backstage, when available

Sounds like a big kapow to Stern. Or vice-versa.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

It is Jersey Jack 100% doing this not Stern.

#229 4 years ago

There are some great deals on Hobbit, Wonka, WOZ and DI in the market while you await GNR. Don’t overlook the full-featured standard models either. JJPOTC is an unbelievably good game also, but it sells at a premium. No matter which JJP game you choose to buy, it will keep you entertained for a long time.

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

Zero chance.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There are some great deals on Hobbit, Wonka, WOZ and DI in the market while you await GNR. Don’t overlook the full-featured standard models either. JJPOTC is an unbelievably good game also, but it sells at a premium. No matter which JJP game you choose to buy, it will keep you entertained for a long time.

Jersey Jack doesn't have an awful Munsters or WWE in the lineup, that's for sure, but Hobbit is the weakest (and usually cheapest on the JJP pin secondary market) of what they've released. That said, if you take Hobbit off the table, there's a lot of great pins left.

My personal ranking would be:
    1. jjPotC
    2. WoZ
    3. Wonka
    4. Dialed In
    5. Hobbit

Though Wonka and Dialed In *might* swap places over time since Wonka is so new. The rest are pretty settled in.

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Jersey Jack doesn't have an awful Munsters or WWE in the lineup, that's for sure, but Hobbit is the weakest (and usually cheapest on the JJP pin secondary market) of what they've released.

If Hobbit is their weakest offering, they're still doing pretty damn good!

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from ViperVS:

It says it was due out in Dec so it is late

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Jersey Jack doesn't have an awful Munsters or WWE in the lineup, that's for sure, but Hobbit is the weakest (and usually cheapest on the JJP pin secondary market) of what they've released. That said, if you take Hobbit off the table, there's a lot of great pins left.
    My personal ranking would be:
    1. jjPotC
    2. WoZ
    3. Wonka
    4. Dialed In
    5. Hobbit
    Though Wonka and Dialed In *might* swap places over time since Wonka is so new. The rest are pretty settled in.

No matter how good they make their games the sales will always be limited because of the high prices. Your fav POTC only sold 1000 units

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

No matter how good they make their games the sales will always be limited because of the high prices. Your fav POTC only sold 1000 units

Jack sold every POTC they made and decided to stop production probably due to cost
    to build such elaborate machine

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

It says it was due out in Dec so it is late

It was pushed to Spring 2020 around Sept of last year.

Quoted from JY64:

Dude. You and everyone else know that production was cut SHORT by Jack in a case of the worst timing in 21st century pinball. All the pre-release disc-gate and trunk-gate hate was evaporating as people finally got hands-on and realized it was a masterpiece when Jack (still months behind in taking the temperature of the market) called it and canceled production. People wouldn't be paying $12,500 AND UP for a used LE and $20k AND UP for a CE if people weren't in love with the machine and demand was still strong.

I still believe he will make more after GnR or Toy Story at YBR prices. There's too much jjPotC money still on the table.

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Dude. You and everyone else know that production was cut SHORT by Jack in a case of the worse timing in 21st century pinball. All the pre-release disc-gate and trunk-gate hate was evaporating as people finally got hands-on and realized it was a masterpiece when Jack (still months behind in taking the temperature of the market) called it and canceled production. People wouldn't be paying $12,500 AND UP for a used LE and $20k AND UP for a CE if people weren't in love with the machine and demand was still strong.
    I still believe he will make more after GnR or Toy Story at YBR prices. There's too much jjPotC money still on the table.

I always feel like Jack is at the whim of many situations, and of course outside partnered ownership. I don't think he has the ability to just command and direct things solely on what he'd like. Marketplace attitudes, trends, bom, games being produced, licenses being difficult or running out, and someone else guiding the decision making.

I'm sure Jack would love to do many things in pinball. His energy is infectious and feels genuine. But he can only do so much within the restraints he has around him.

We shall see...

#238 4 years ago

My guess is investors are tired of JJP losing money (makes sense to me)....margins clearly sucked for POTC even though it was by far their best game to date (by a significant margin). They scaled down the BOM on Wonka in the hope to increase margins....the days of JJP losing a shit load money is over....my guess is JJP at some point will make another 100 special edition POTC games at a price premium....$13K+

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It was pushed to Spring 2020 around Sept of last year.

Dude. You and everyone else know that production was cut SHORT by Jack in a case of the worst timing in 21st century pinball. All the pre-release disc-gate and trunk-gate hate was evaporating as people finally got hands-on and realized it was a masterpiece when Jack (still months behind in taking the temperature of the market) called it and canceled production. People wouldn't be paying $12,500 AND UP for a used LE and $20k AND UP for a CE if people weren't in love with the machine and demand was still strong.

This is true!

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Jersey Jack doesn't have an awful Munsters or WWE in the lineup, that's for sure,

#241 4 years ago

I knew you would have something productive to add to this thread.

#242 4 years ago

Are we adding Elvira and Stranger things to the Munsters and WWE list yet? But on Sterns defence they do pump out about 4-1 Jersey Jack more pinball is more pinball.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Are we adding Elvira and Stranger things to the Munsters and WWE list yet? But on Sterns defence they do pump out about 4-1 Jersey Jack more pinball is more pinball.

WWE and Munsters (aka The Kitty Show) are WAY worse than Elvira or Stranger Things. NST is too new to evaluate like that (although Lonnie being on code is a huge risk for eventual mediocrity) and Elvira has the Lyman FactorTM, so I would never count it out.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I knew you would have something productive to add to this thread.

Well then u weren't disappointed. Why do u JJP guys have to make such stupid comments then when someone makes an equally stupid comment only to counter the already high level of stupid its trolling. I didn't like either of those games but what does that have to with JJP#6? JJP has 5 games out with #6 on the way and ur comparing it to a company that has that many in the last 2 years including Maiden and Deadpool and JP and for many the great BK3, also Elvira. Do u see what I mean. I come to this thread with the hopes of seeing a new pinball machine and then read foolish comments well I'm gonna react, not getting away with it on my watch. Good day to u sir, I said good day. Now I just have to wait for a certain fuckface to chime in on how I'm a troll. JJp fanboys, God Love em

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Now I just have to wait for a certain fuckface to chime in on how I'm a troll.

Vid abandoned his account, so you'll have to settle for one of his shill accounts to get that.

#246 4 years ago

It wont have One In A Million on it though grrrrrrr!

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well then u weren't disappointed. Why do u JJP guys have to make such stupid comments then when someone makes an equally stupid comment only to counter the already high level of stupid its trolling. I didn't like either of those games but what does that have to with JJP#6? JJP has 5 games out with #6 on the way and ur comparing it to a company that has that many in the last 2 years including Maiden and Deadpool and JP and for many the great BK3, also Elvira. Do u see what I mean. I come to this thread with the hopes of seeing a new pinball machine and then read foolish comments well I'm gonna react, not getting away with it on my watch. Good day to u sir, I said good day. Now I just have to wait for a certain fuckface to chime in on how I'm a troll. JJp fanboys, God Love em

This is a thread about JJP game #6
    But you come here as an obvious Stern guy with this shit.I am a JJP
    guy and I don’t feel a need to bash Stern.So yes you are in fact being a dick over something of little consequence

#248 4 years ago

Hobbit is still a great pin. In spite of the odd third flipper. Visually, thematically and musically it’s a top ten. I just got my Wonka CE and it’s fantastic so far. So lucky to have JJ.

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

But you come here as an obvious Stern guy with this shit

Yep big Stern guy. I have owned 150 pins a lot of DE and B/W and Sega and yeah Stern. Would like to own a JJP and a Spooky was in on The Predator and Alien. Once again u guys prove my point with no explanation to my post other than "Stern Guy" weak, last week.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep big Stern guy. I have owned 150 pins a lot of DE and B/W and Sega and yeah Stern. Would like to own a JJP and a Spooky was in on The Predator and Alien. Once again u guys prove my point with no explanation to my post other than "Stern Guy" weak, last week.[quoted image]

So ,what your saying is your full of shit?

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-6/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.