New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240877)

JJP #6

By dirtbag66

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 1 year ago

Not sure if you’re joking, but Stern is doing Elvira 3 not JJP.

#152 1 year ago

I thought it was a no brainer and Toy Story was next but I got caught in the speculation wave and it might be more a brainer than I thought !

#153 1 year ago

Sterns game , not JJP

#154 1 year ago

oh i did not know that . I'm thinking maybe I should just shut up then and listen more

#155 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

Sterns game , not JJP

Stern will mess it up I think.

#156 1 year ago

In regards to JJP #6, is the consensus that it's either Toy Story or Guns N' Roses?

Is there any speculation (more than wishful thinking) of other themes or licenses obtained for #6?

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern will mess it (Elvira 3) up I think.

Using the same designer, so should have good continuity with EATPM and SS.
    Using the same artist, so artwork (mainly the depiction of Elvira) should be great.
    Previous Elvira games have incorporated some nice mechanicals. Let's just hope Stern doesn't scrimp on that aspect.

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern will mess it up I think.

Dennis Nordman design. Unless Stern had made changes already...

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

In regards to JJP #6, is the consensus that it's either Toy Story or Guns N' Roses?
    Is there any speculation (more than wishful thinking) of other themes or licenses obtained for #6?

The thing with GNR , what new music have they made? Axl had Chinese Democracy in 2008. Thats it.

#160 1 year ago
    #161 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

The thing with GNR , what new music have they made? Axl had Chinese Democracy in 2008. Thats it.

New anything isn't a prerequisite for a pinball machine. Old movies, shows, and bands are often what gets made into pins.

I wish they had more new music. They are going to try to get in the studio this fall to work on a new album...so we should have a new album in 2030 or so.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

Who cares? There's more than enough "classic" GnR to fill a pinball machine three times over.

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think you're actually supporting my point. A plain old pirate theme would have been just as good if not better. I've played the game a lot, so I'm not speculating. If it didn't have Johnny's stupid pirate face and was an original pirate theme, there'd be one in my collection. I love JJP, but I think they struggle with theme choice and implementation. Just my opinion, and I vote where it counts, with my wallet.

I don't think I am at all. I'm saying it works perfectly for me, so I bought one, and seemingly not nearly enough for you.

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Thats what ive heard, but if they want to do a Queen theme instead...I ain't gonna be mad at 'em!!!!

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I don't think I am at all. I'm saying it works perfectly for me, so I bought one, and seemingly not nearly enough for you.

That's not what you said, but if that's what you meant, sure.

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

That's not what you said, but if that's what you meant, sure.

I went back and reread my initial reply. Basically said McNally does an amazing job. I love the minimal use of the license, and I find it a perfect balance of license and theme.

Either way, for me I'm fine with what the game is in it's current state. I wouldn't want extensive audio clips, and I'm really not sure how many modern pinball companies are clamoring or want to be clever enough for original themes. API has done some nice work with their first two unlicensed themes, and people still seem to shit on them.

#167 1 year ago

When was the last time the Munsters had a new season?

Quoted from chad:

The thing with GNR , what new music have they made?

#168 1 year ago

To those who are keeping track, if it's GnR, I have sold 6 quarts of plasma thus far to fund this CE. Once I hear when it will be unveiled (perhaps the Chicago show), I will be booking that trip

#169 1 year ago

JJP need to get their big boy pants on and stop the family friendly themes. I'd love to own a JJP game but none of the titles fit into my game room theme. DI is close but no cigar.

I was really hoping any of the standalone SW movies would get a shot (Rogue One or Solo) or the Bladerunner sequel could've sparked ideas. Pacific Rim, Alita and Ghost In The Shell were all good licenses too that would be an insta-buy for me.

Battlestar Galactica and The Fifth Element are two other dream themes since we're on the subject.

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from dri:

Battlestar Galactica and The Fifth Element are two other dream themes since we're on the subject.

Battlestar Galactica is a dream theme for me too. Maybe one day

#171 1 year ago

Would be nice if toy story was still on the drawing board, but it’s probably going to be GNR.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Battlestar Galactica is a dream theme for me too. Maybe one day

Please JJP.
    2019-05-02 21_25_55-Battlestar Galactica - NBC.com - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Would be nice if toy story was still on the drawing board, but it’s probably going to be GNR.

Toy Story's still there, it's just coming after GnR now.

#174 1 year ago

Thus far:
    WOZ - classic timeless theme/movie
    TH - hoping for Tolkien fans like myself
    POTC - Yuge following - yuge movie success - the last movie was kind of a stinker
    DI - unlicensed and breaking out of a mold - again a gamble
    WONKA - classic timeless theme/movie
    So is there a pattern yet? IF so, theoretically the next pin would be a movie based pin. TS4 if indeed the rumor mill is correct.

Speaking of rumors, what harm would there be if a company released the info for future release? Think about it. I might be considering a Stern but if a JJP release was more enticing I'd hold off. Also, most of us cannot afford a JJP release every time so it's not like that aspect should play a role in release secrecy either. Love to hear thoughts on this.

#175 1 year ago

I really hope JJP (at least) considers The Matrix! (Yes, I know Jack will probably never consider it, such a shame)

#176 1 year ago

Matrix would be badass!

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

To those who are keeping track, if it's GnR, I have sold 6 quarts of plasma thus far to fund this CE. Once I hear when it will be unveiled (perhaps the Chicago show), I will be booking that trip

GNR is playing at austin city limits. You going?

#179 1 year ago

I would love to see JJP do:

1. GnR

2. James Bond pin either based on Connery's films or the Daniel Craig ones or even an original Bond story they make up for the pin.

3. A great Star Wars Pin focused on the original trilogy

4. Back to the Future

5. Jaws (if they can and Stern doesn't have the license)

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

GNR is playing at austin city limits.

That's an affirmative; hate festivals, but going for them Seen them upward of 30 times. Crue about 40, including their last show in LA!

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

That's an affirmative; hate festivals, but going for them Seen them upward of 30 times. Crue about 40, including their last show in LA!

vinceneil (resized).jpg
    #182 1 year ago

Hostess, Sweet Hostess! Big ole Vince fronting Slaughter's band to form VNB .. anger issues deluxe!

#184 1 year ago

Proof we need a Crue Pin; "Staypuff" can be Vince! But first, JJP and Eric need to complete my GnR CE machine! Tick Tock

#185 1 year ago

I know we all want an edgy theme from JJP, but Vince Neil literally murdered somebody so maybe not the best starting point.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

What harm would there be if a company released the info for future release? I might be considering a Stern but if a JJP release was more enticing I'd hold off.

But they don't want anyone holding off buying the current JJP because they prefer the confirmed next JJP. To keep the doors open current sales are always needed more than possible future sales.

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I know we all want an edgy theme from JJP, but Vince Neil literally murdered somebody so maybe not the best starting point.

Manslaughter. The difference is intent, and that's not a small thing. And if we're going down that road, Nikki Sixx gang raped a girl with Tommy Lee. Bad people do bad things, then make a movie to candy-coat it. It's the Hollywood way.

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Thus far:
    WOZ - classic timeless theme/movie
    TH - hoping for Tolkien fans like myself
    POTC - Yuge following - yuge movie success - the last movie was kind of a stinker
    DI - unlicensed and breaking out of a mold - again a gamble
    WONKA - classic timeless theme/movie
    So is there a pattern yet? IF so, theoretically the next pin would be a movie based pin. TS4 if indeed the rumor mill is correct.
    Speaking of rumors, what harm would there be if a company released the info for future release? Think about it. I might be considering a Stern but if a JJP release was more enticing I'd hold off. Also, most of us cannot afford a JJP release every time so it's not like that aspect should play a role in release secrecy either. Love to hear thoughts on this.

Long time ago at Pinball Expo , Joe Kaminkow showed a video of some games they wanted or had already. They did not get them all as other manufacturers jumped on them.

#189 1 year ago

If you drive drunk over and over and over, the intent is there. It's murder.

Quoted from vireland:

Manslaughter. The difference is intent, and that's not a small thing.

#190 1 year ago

How many 50 yr olds throwing their bras to that fat slob

#191 1 year ago

Sweet child of mine...multiball?
    The idea of Jack doing this just sounds awful.
    Has Jack seen a picture of Axl Rose lately? Cant wait to see him at TPF.....not.

#192 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sweet child of mine...multiball?
    The idea of Jack doing this just sounds awful.
    Has Jack seen a picture of Axl Rose lately? Cant wait to see him at TPF.....not.

What Axl looks like now has nothing to do with anything.

A lot of the best pins out lately like MET, AC/DC, and IMDN had very little to nothing to do with what the band members look like.

GnR is one of the biggest bands of all time (they've had the #1 tour in the world the last couple of years as well) and that creates the potential for a great pinball machine.

If you don't like their music that's cool, but to not recognize the potential of this license is just ignoring reality.

#193 1 year ago

pinball pink floyd : just think how cool this game could be there is all kinds of concepts here to work with

Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpganimalspigs (resized).jpgp (resized).jpgpink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpgpo (resized).jpgppoi (resized).pngpppp (resized).jpgthumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    #194 1 year ago

But but Axl gained some weight so none of that matters...

Quoted from Rockytop:

GnR is one of the biggest bands of all time (they've had the #1 tour in the world the last couple of years as well) and that creates the potential for a great pinball machine

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Haha, that's right.

I guess Meatloaf was screwed from the word go for a pin.

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Quoted from Rockytop:

Haha, that's right.
    I guess Meatloaf was screwed from the word go for a pin.

Meatloaf and GnR have one thing in common they both put out one great album.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Meatloaf and GnR have one thing in common they both put out one great album.

Use Your Illusion I/II is bloated, but it's a great album with enough filler to make it a double album. So that's two.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

It's coming. It's next. And Eric is supposed to be doing it, which after jjPotC's GOAT-contender status is tremendously exciting.
    GnR's last tour was over 500 million bucks. Half a BILLION dollars.

GNR (resized).JPG
    #199 1 year ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

You're about 3 months late with that chart. It's been discussed.

#200 1 year ago

it seemed strange to me at first doing a rock band remake of GNR the old one is old now i guess, not as old as the kiss & stones ones were but they didn't play the music originally , i need to u tube GNR pinball to see if it played the music i would have thought that the original GNR played the songs , but maybe a refresh is due

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    $ 289.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 218.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 1,248.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside