New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240877)

JJP #6

By dirtbag66

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I asked for evidence, and it appears that there is only speculation.

It's not speculation but you can't always get what you want.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

From what I've seen, heard and read, people are not interested in an old, worn-thin license. Stock with distros is revealing.

What distros have LE stock? I'm sure many people looking for one would like to know. You're hung up on the license, but the GAME is amazing, and that's what matters long-term. It's the reason interest has accelerated now that jjPotC has hit the wild and people are getting firsthand time on it and realize that they want it.

Like I said, hit me up in January and we'll see where all this has shaken out.

#102 1 year ago

Will be seeing - GNR

Would like to see - Get Fuzzy! - the musical years

776B9D2B-17ED-43F6-A3B5-0071BE527654 (resized).png
    #103 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

It's not speculation but you can't always get what you want.

What distros have LE stock? I'm sure many people looking for one would like to know. You're hung up on the license, but the GAME is amazing, and that's what matters long-term. It's the reason interest has accelerated now that jjPotC has hit the wild and people are getting firsthand time on it and realize that they want it.
    Like I said, hit me up in January and we'll see where all this has shaken out.

Without evidence, it is speculation.

Shop around. They are available. I can see the market just fine in my own, so yeah, we'll see.

#104 1 year ago

I hope WW does really well. I hope GnR does really well. I would love to see them to a Star Wars pin and Back to the Future as well.

I think GnR is a great theme, and in my opinion, a much better theme for 30-55 year olds all over the world that buy pins, than perhaps anything JJP has done up to this point. I think it would do great in the USA and Europe and Australia...etc... I think as long as the pin is good it will be their best seller. I would like to see them do some more adult themes.

That said, I have a DI, JJPPOTC, and I'm getting a WW...I like great pins first and foremost. I had a WOZ for three years and sold it.

I think if you limit yourself too much on theme you will miss out on some great games. I probably wouldn't have MET or IMDN if that was the case, and those are two of my favorite pins.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Pinside almost always knows the next game from manufacturers. Many times there isn't hard core proof, but when enough people are saying the same thing you can just about take that to the bank. Sometimes we might get the order wrong, but most of the time, collectively we know what's coming.

These games are in development for years...it's hard to keep secrets that long.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I just don't get the GnR love, especially since its already been done

Exactly. And it was a darn good pin at that. Back to the Future, on the other hand, was a crummy pin and would really be the best theme for the JJP treatment.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just because YOU are not privy to the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see the market just fine in my own, so yeah, we'll see.

That's the problem with going it alone. If you don't have a network, your vision is limited.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Just because YOU are not privy to the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

That's the problem with going it alone. If you don't have a network, your vision is limited.

This is like the logic used by politicians to increase "tough on crime" legislation: "it's the unreported crime that you're missing. Just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it's not there." Okay.

If you have evidence, I'm all ears. If no one can even say, "Hey I KNOW 100% it is being made, but I can't tell you how I know," I'm calling it speculation as I go off evidence, not someone saying "you're not privy, so you don't know."

As for going it alone, I don't need you to tell me what the market's doing. I'm fine. Message me in 6 months, and I can fill you in.

#109 1 year ago

In the meantime, I’ll be selling plasma weekly saving up for a GnR CE.

#110 1 year ago

wonka is probably a really good game but i am having trouble with collecting children and being excited about it , if it was just a candy game i could over look it .
    i watched the black knight reveal and then the willy wonka reveal. and it was Adrenalin junky down shifting to picture books at the library with the really old cinematography in wonka .

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dragon:

wonka is probably a really good game but i am having trouble with collecting children and being excited about it , if it was just a candy game i could over look it .

It's good to know your temptations and stay far away from them. Good on you!

Quoted from Dragon:

i watched the black knight reveal and then the willy wonka reveal. and it was Adrenalin junky down shifting to picture books at the library with the really old cinematography in wonka .

I played Black Knight for 30 mins, played a couple games on wonka at reveal. Went back to Black Knight and 3 games in I just wanted to go back to Wonka. I like Black Knight just fine (except magna save is pointless b/c of where the button is), but Wonka was a lot more fun and interesting for me.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Exactly. And it was a darn good pin at that. Back to the Future, on the other hand, was a crummy pin and would really be the best theme for the JJP treatment.

This is funny. I was coming back to thread from earlier today to say this.
    If you have to make a re-make of Data East pin, better be a Back to the Future!

#113 1 year ago

Guns N Roses and probably will release end of the summer or September. I think you'll see this game at Chicago Expo or IAAPA. I'll bet anything.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

This is like the logic used by politicians to increase "tough on crime" legislation: "it's the unreported crime that you're missing. Just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it's not there." Okay.
    If you have evidence, I'm all ears. If no one can even say, "Hey I KNOW 100% it is being made, but I can't tell you how I know," I'm calling it speculation as I go off evidence, not someone saying "you're not privy, so you don't know."
    As for going it alone, I don't need you to tell me what the market's doing. I'm fine. Message me in 6 months, and I can fill you in.

Ok..here are the dots that everyone is connecting. A few years ago one of the distributors delivered a JJP to Slash while he was touring. Since then Slash mentioned the he is working on a new GNR pin. All we know for certain is that a new GNR Is happening and most believe that it started with the JJP distributor delivering a pin to Slash. All of this info is on pinside. I think there is a thread dedicated to delivering a pin to Slash, but I don’t remember the article where it was posted that Slash confirmed that a new GNR pin was in development.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

GnR is coming, and as long as JJP doesn't Wonka it (which I doubt since Eric is handling the design and his debut effort is stellar), the pin will sell.

My goodness will you drop the" jjp don't wonka it " bs for the 10th time. Have you even played it? Game has a great layout with lots of shots and will shoot amazing like di. It will sell just fine and many including myself are looking fwd to them shipping. Just bc its not for you don't mean jjp screwed it up. You talk bad about so many new pins... just go play some pinball and have fun.. u take these things way to seriously. Feels like groundhog day listening to you after every new pin reveal.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from BigT:

Ok..here are the dots that everyone is connecting. A few years ago one of the distributors delivered a JJP to Slash while he was touring. Since then Slash mentioned the he is working on a new GNR pin. All we know for certain is that a new GNR Is happening and most believe that it started with the JJP distributor delivering a pin to Slash. All of this info is on pinside. I think there is a thread dedicated to delivering a pin to Slash, but I don’t remember the article where it was posted that Slash confirmed that a new GNR pin was in development.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from BigT:

I'm not trying to wreck any cred here.

Chinese whispers perhaps ?

I seem to recall reading that Slash saying he was working on a G&R pin, there was no mention of New
    Might have been his own Data East ?
    Slash confirmed new game ?

Please point me to the thread.

I'm all for a new Guns & Roses pin and would love to see what JJP could come up with but the $15,000.00 +... AUD would put me out of owning a NiB Gunners.

sl (resized).jpg

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Never said it was impossible. I asked for evidence, and it appears that there is only speculation. As for Pirates, I struggle to see Jack foregoing sales because of a new title. From what I've seen, heard and read, people are not interested in an old, worn-thin license. Stock with distros is revealing. I think the game is good, but I agree with most about the theme. I'd never spend that kind of money for it. GnR might be slightly better, but I'd wager Wonka and toy story will destroy it in sales. DI will probably do better. All of these themes are more neutral. As with all new pins, time will tell.

JJPPOTC is one of the most balanced, effective, and creative uses of license I've ever seen. Most licensed games rely in, and make you fatigued of their license hours in. POTC balances everything so amazingly well, the license serves as the perfect backbone for the table, sans audio/video fatigue.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

I played Black Knight for 30 mins, played a couple games on wonka at reveal. Went back to Black Knight and 3 games in I just wanted to go back to Wonka. I like Black Knight just fine (except magna save is pointless b/c of where the button is), but Wonka was a lot more fun and interesting for me.

This is true! SR is awesome but most of his are short lived in my rotation.
    Let's wait and see how great Wonka will be.DI is a great game!

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

My goodness will you drop the" jjp don't wonka it " bs for the 10th time. Have you even played it? Game has a great layout with lots of shots and will shoot amazing like di. It will sell just fine and many including myself are looking fwd to them shipping. Just bc its not for you don't mean jjp screwed it up. You talk bad about so many new pins... just go play some pinball and have fun.. u take these things way to seriously. Feels like groundhog day listening to you after every new pin reveal.

Thank You!

#121 1 year ago

I'm so in on a GnR CE.

#122 1 year ago

My personal take on all JJP games:

WoZ: masterpiece, I love the movie, it's a deep game (sometimes too deep as I have never made it to the final wizard mode, and probably never will)
    Hobbit: not for me, too much open space on the playfield, never got into the movies (fell asleep during the first one)
    Dialed In: Currently looking for one, great shooter, it's a Lawlor, weird theme (but then again, so was Road Show and I love that game)
    PotC: theme isn't for me, fell asleep during the first movie (I think I have a problem with staying awake!), fun game, lots to do, beautiful to look at
    Wonka: really fun game, code will only make it better as it matures, great to look at, love the theme

That being said, I'm not going to bash anyone for liking or disliking any of these. If someone wants to buy a Hobbit NIB, good for them! The more pinball, the better. Am I going to sit here and say, "Ha, ha. I have an ECLE WoZ and YOU don't!" like some other people on here? Absolutely not.

Let's all just agree that JJP is making some really great games and if some of them aren't up to your standards, so be it. That's the beauty of being able to make up your own mind. Buy the games you want, and skip the ones you don't. I don't care what JJP does with games six, seven, eight, etc. But what I DO know is that I will be there, front and center, for every one of the reveals (live streaming included, of course!)

Happy flipping everyone. And remember, the more pinball available to everyone, the better!

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from wesman:

JJPPOTC is one of the most balanced, effective, and creative uses of license I've ever seen. Most licensed games rely in, and make you fatigued of their license hours in. POTC balances everything so amazingly well, the license serves as the perfect backbone for the table, sans audio/video fatigue.

I'm really glad you like it. I find the lack of assets, b-list actor callouts etc. to be pretty weak. Depp's face with no Depp integration is pretty awful too. They could have done an original pirate theme and done better imho. The old days of custom Star callouts are long gone.

#124 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm really glad you like it. I find the lack of assets, b-list actor callouts etc. to be pretty weak. Depp's face with no Depp integration is pretty awful too. They could have done an original pirate theme and done better imho. The old days of custom Star callouts are long gone.

I LOVE it for all the reasons you don't like it. It's near pinball perfection to me.

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Kevin McNally does all of the callouts, which are insanely numerous and offer variation too. He was Gibbs, the first mate, and the only actor/character to appear in all five films, other than Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp. Incredibly energized, mood fitting, and not intrusive or obnoxious at all.

As a home owner a lack of repetitive quippy clips, unlicensed music that's more varied and non conforming to a licensed theme, make this game ALL the more appealing. I feel the Hobbit has the best A/V theme integration pf any game ever, but man seeing those clips of Smaug over and over when locking balls, etc, and the over the top Gandalfesque voice actor made me place POTC as my urgent purchase.

I'm glad I like, love it too! I had similar reactions as you, but maybe watch the Deadflip stream with Eric, Keith, and Joe, and the high level gameplay possibilities are extraordinary.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Kevin McNally does all of the callouts, which are insanely numerous and offer variation too. He was Gibbs, the first mate, and the only actor/character to appear in all five films, other than Geoffrey Rush and Johnny Depp. Incredibly energized, mood fitting, and not intrusive or obnoxious at all.
    As a home owner a lack of repetitive quippy clips, unlicensed music that's more varied and non conforming to a licensed theme, make this game ALL the more appealing. I feel the Hobbit has the best A/V theme integration pf any game ever, but man seeing those clips of Smaug over and over when locking balls, etc, and the over the top Gandalfesque voice actor made me place POTC as my urgent purchase.
    I'm glad I like, love it too! I had similar reactions as you, but maybe watch the Deadflip stream with Eric, Keith, and Joe, and the high level gameplay possibilities are extraordinary.

I think you're actually supporting my point. A plain old pirate theme would have been just as good if not better. I've played the game a lot, so I'm not speculating. If it didn't have Johnny's stupid pirate face and was an original pirate theme, there'd be one in my collection. I love JJP, but I think they struggle with theme choice and implementation. Just my opinion, and I vote where it counts, with my wallet.

#127 1 year ago

Mel Brooks Greatest Hits!

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Mel Brooks Greatest Hits!

Or just a great Spaceballs pin would be awesome!

#129 1 year ago

The first thing I want to see in a music ping is more than 12 damn songs. I want more than the entire catalog, I want the entire catalog, live tracks, b-sides, everything. There is no reason we can't have something like that.

Also, Get In the Ring.... ew. Actually, the entire catalog in this case is probably impossible. I'm pretty sure the GNR camp isn't going to license One In A Million to anyone. But past that, everything.

Quoted from Rockytop:

Since my pipe dream of buying songs within the pin probably won't happen...here's what I would pick if it has 12 songs.
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Night train
    Out ta get me
    Sweet Child of Mine
    Paradise City
    Mr. Brownstone
    It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    Get in the Ring
    Coma
    bonus track for wizard mode or something...the end of November Rain

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

The first thing I want to see in a music ping is more than 12 damn songs. I want more than the entire catalog, I want the entire catalog, live tracks, b-sides, everything. There is no reason we can't have something like that.
    Also, Get In the Ring.... ew. Actually, the entire catalog in this case is probably impossible. I'm pretty sure the GNR camp isn't going to license One In A Million to anyone. But past that, everything.

I'd be all for that, but I doubt JJP could/would pay to license everything.

I mentioned this earlier, but it would be sweet if the catalogue was available for the end user to purchase within the software of the pin. That way, people could get exactly the songs they want.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

i can see it , it looked like it had a nice flow Lawler has more hits than miss's , but i'll pass on it i'm not its target market . for a jj pin maybe POTC i'm considering this one now. i like what i'm reading about it but never played it
    if i had a bigger collection black knight sor would be a nice battle pin like williams used to make in the early 80's for a change of pace

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from britrex1:

Or just a great Spaceballs pin would be awesome!

Now you're talking!

#133 1 year ago

Space balls

images (resized).jpg
    #134 1 year ago
    sw (resized).jpg
    #135 1 year ago

Would love to see JJP's approach to Game of Thrones. Firefly. Battlestar Galactica. Tron. Magic the Gathering.

#136 1 year ago

So #6 is def Mel Brooks? Would like to see Young Frankenstein and maybe Space Balls. Blazing Saddles wouldn’t work well for a pin theme.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

With 83 songs how are you going to find the need for that and the fact is the band has not put out anything worth listening to in over 20 yr's

#138 1 year ago

Were you making the same type of comments when Aerosmith was released? How about Rolling Stones? Beatles? Alice Cooper?

Quoted from JY64:

With 83 songs how are you going to find the need for that and the fact is the band has not put out anything worth listening to in over 20 yr's

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

GnR is #6
    toy Story #7
    And I’m totally in for GnR....back to back JJP buys for me.

Take my money if its GNR. Rock and pinball are my fav. This will kick ass both on location and in Man Cave. Lots of mode ideas and graphic options. If its anything like POTC it will be amazing.

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Were you making the same type of comments when Aerosmith was released? How about Rolling Stones? Beatles? Alice Cooper?

He is not a JJP supporter.

#141 1 year ago

Not interested in a JJP title yet. Hopefully in 2020.
    Need something violent. Rambo pinball.

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I'm a huge Rambo fan. I'm in.

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Take my money if its GNR. Rock and pinball are my fav.

Preach on!! It’ll look great next to the DE GnR

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want to see JJP do an adult theme.. maybe Predator or the Matrix

Predator yes, Matrix never cared for the movies at all.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Army of darkness?

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Take my money if its GNR. Rock and pinball are my fav. This will kick ass both on location and in Man Cave. Lots of mode ideas and graphic options. If its anything like POTC it will be amazing.

Yep as long as they don't wonka it!

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I would have loved to see 12 songs in Aerosmith I sure would not have bitched about it

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mojosan:

I'm so in on a GnR CE.

Same here!

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I'm not trying to wreck any cred here.
    Chinese whispers perhaps ?
    I seem to recall reading that Slash saying he was working on a G&R pin, there was no mention of New
    Might have been his own Data East ?
    Slash confirmed new game ?
    Please point me to the thread.
    I'm all for a new Guns & Roses pin and would love to see what JJP could come up with but the $15,000.00 +... AUD would put me out of owning a NiB Gunners.
    [quoted image]

You are right...I went back and found the article and it is very vague. He could have been talking about working on his own DE pin. IMO there is enough smoke that there is a fire for a new GNR.

#150 1 year ago

Elvira third edition

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.95
    $ 249.00
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 125.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside