Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg
    There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gasoline:

Something like this?[quoted image]

Yeah sorta. I think that would be too many bands to include most of their best songs but if you only had 2 bands you could still add plenty of each of their greatest hits.

#52 5 years ago

Since my pipe dream of buying songs within the pin probably won't happen...here's what I would pick if it has 12 songs.

Welcome to the Jungle
    Night train
    Out ta get me
    Sweet Child of Mine
    Paradise City
    Mr. Brownstone
    It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    Get in the Ring
    Coma

bonus track for wizard mode or something...the end of November Rain

#53 5 years ago

Im so fakkin in for a JJP GnR pin. I really hope the reveal is in Oct.....cant wait!

Eric totally killed it with the Pirates layout. Too bad there has been some issues with it...

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Since my pipe dream of buying songs within the pin probably won't happen...here's what I would pick if it has 12 songs.

Welcome to the Jungle
    Night train
    Out ta get me
    Sweet Child of Mine
    Paradise City
    Mr. Brownstone
    It's So Easy
    My Michelle
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    Get in the Ring
    Coma

bonus track for wizard mode or something...the end of November Rain

I like this list, I'd just replace "get in the ring" with "right next door to hell".

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i just dont get the toy story pinball love you all desire!!!!

I just don't get the GnR love, especially since its already been done

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

And pretty dated at this point.
    Rather see a Led Zeppelin pin, there music is timeless and lasting.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Poorly. That's the point. It wasn't given the proper treatment, just a cheap-feeling, bad art Data East one.

#58 5 years ago

I'm hoping for a really great Star Wars pin. Or a Rolling Stones pin, which could showcase their greats like Andrew's Blues or Star Star.

LTG : )

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm hoping for a really great Star Wars pin.

JJP would do the Star Wars saga justice!

#60 5 years ago

Isn’t Toy Story too similar too Wonka? To me it does and it doesn’t make sense to follow Wonka with Toy story. I’m hoping it’s something no one expects. Not sure if GNR will garner enough interest at the JJP price points.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm hoping for a really great Star Wars pin. Or a Rolling Stones pin, which could showcase their greats like Andrew's Blues or Star Star.

so far they have bombed everytime!

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Isn’t Toy Story too similar too Wonka? To me it does and it doesn’t make sense to follow Wonka with Toy story. I’m hoping it’s something no one expects. Not sure if GNR will garner enough interest at the JJP price points.

I don’t think Wonka and Toy Story are similar other than they are both family friendly themes. Wonka is nostalgic for those parents buying; Toy Story is more relevant to parents who grew up with the original movies and have kids of their own and who not only relate to the movies but the toys themselves. Toy Story offers far more game play options because they can work well even if the story of the game doesn’t follow the storyline of the movies.

The biggest risk for Toy Story will be lack of IP available to the design team. Woody, Buzz, Jesse, Slinky, Mr. Potato Head, the Aliens and Green Army men are critical. (The idea above of using an LCD as Etch-A-Sketch is perfect).

Toy Story will be seen as an extension of the movies and if it doesn’t seem integrated because key characters and iconic moments and voices are missing then it will be a miserable flop no matter what incredible things Pat does with the mechanical design. If they can use most/all of the movie assets and have some custom character voices it will probably be JJP’s biggest hit to date. If not, it will be DOA.

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Im so fakkin in for a JJP GnR pin. I really hope the reveal is in Oct.....cant wait!
    Eric totally killed it with the Pirates layout. Too bad there has been some issues with it...

This time Eric needs to stand up and not allow them to take the Guitar out of the game.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so far they have bombed everytime!

The curse of the Star wars pin, beware.

I think The Incredibles would make a better pinball experience than Toy Story.

#65 5 years ago

If JJP makes a GNR game, my guess is that it will be a boutique style game. If they can say it is co designed by slash, that would generate a lot of hype. Still can’t see it fit in with JJPs family friendly approach.

#66 5 years ago

Hopefully Toy Story with custom call outs by Tom Hanks and Tim Arnold.

Actually John Ratzenbenger would be fine.

#67 5 years ago

John Wick ! With the Mustang/Chevelle
    Strobe lights like the night clubs

#68 5 years ago

Incredibles...... so much better than Toy Story as it would appeal to kids and adults....without a doubt.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Why would anyone want call outs by Roseanne Barr's ex-husband?!?

#70 5 years ago

My wish would be for another 50s b grade sci fi movie type theme.
    Not to one movie, but use the style and theme to capture it.
    Think attacking of martians, robots, oversized people etc
    Protect the earth!! (Maybe not Australia, kiwi joke)

Or War of the Worlds.

My kids would say LEGO or Scooby doo.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Tom Hanks has his sound-alike brother do all the Woody voice work outside the movies (games, ads, etc).

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Not to one movie, but use the style and theme to capture it.
    Think attacking of martians, robots, oversized people etc
    Protect the earth!! (Maybe not Australia, kiwi joke)
    Or War of the Worlds.
    My kids would say LEGO or Scooby doo.

I would totally be down with a good (animated - forget the live action crap) Scooby Doo. SO MUCH material to work with.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Guns n Roses. Can't wait. I don't think Eric will Wonka it - his PotC is amazing.

Stop with the Wonka shit or we’re going to Bork you!

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Stop with the Wonka shit or we’re going to Bork you!

Brevity is the soul of wit.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The theme doesn't really matter to me long term. A crap theme with a great pin is a great pin, and a crap pin with a great theme is still a crap pin.

It's a good thing none of the JJP games are crap. Then you can just talk about the theme.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

It's a good thing none of the JJP games are crap. Then you can just talk about the theme.

They're not all great. Hobbit is all flash, very little substance, and Dialed In is still at its core flawed and essentially a boring take on Groundhog Day:The Movie.

WoZ is certified great, and jjPotC is looking (and playing) like a WoZ-level success. Initial impression of Wonka is that it's Dialed-In rehashed. Right theme this time, but poor implementation and extreme lack of imagination - in a theme ABOUT imagination. I'll reserve final judgement until I've shot it a bunch, though.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Tim Arnold does call outs now? Awesome.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

queen alien vs linda (resized).jpgqueen alien vs linda (resized).jpg
    #79 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

I'd be fine with a straight-up Alien Trilogy game from JJP.

#81 5 years ago

I would have zero interest in a rock band theme like GNR but it may be a good thing if is next because it will give my wallet time to recover from my WONKA CE splurge just like no DI buffered my POTC LE and MBR LE buys. I would still like to get an OKT someday and GNR might give me the time before TS to do that also. Boy, I do have a patient wife but I can't keep pushing it.....

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I understand it may not be your thing...everybody likes different music. That's cool.

It should be pretty easy to get the GnR love though. They were/are one of the biggest bands of all time. Look at the numbers on albums sold. They're videos are iconic. They're reunion and tour the last couple of years has been the #1 grossing tour for most of that period. Not many bands sell out stadiums.

They have millions and millions of fans. Very few bands reach that iconic level. That's why you have the GnR love.

For example I talked to a guy that owns about 80 pins that lives near me. He's never on Pinside. He was pumped to hear about the rumor. He said they were his second favorite band of all time and that he would be a CE order day #1. They're my favorite band period, and I'll likely get a CE...I'll get an LE in the least.

Again, their music may not be your thing, but it shouldn't be difficult to comprehend why others would be excited about it.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

I AM IN ......
    BRING ON CE #12

Losing credibility in 3...2...1...

#84 5 years ago

I'm open to GNR until I see and play it. IMDN was off my radar until I found it in an arcade, now it's in my basement.

#85 5 years ago

in my opinion, jjp should finally stop building family friendly soft-flushed pins. in all lokations here no one stands at a jjp pin for a long time, in turnaments these are also not taken in purely. stern takes out one mega pin after another, the people love action with appropriate sound and callouts.
    the only pin of jjp that is playable would be DI and here i think the sound and callouts could be better as well. everything is too soft
    I really hope the jjp gets the curve, also you should think about the entry-level prices. There is no chance against the Stern Pros

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hope GNR is next. TS close behind?

Would that have tuck multiball

#87 5 years ago

I want to see JJP do an adult theme.. maybe Predator or the Matrix

#88 5 years ago

Bon Jovi or Springsteen would be cool since they are from Jersey.

#89 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want to see JJP do an adult theme.. maybe Predator or the Matrix

As long as we stuck to Matrix 1 and not the terrible two sequels they wrote on their own, that would be great.

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from MammoDoc:

The Jersey Boys.

#92 5 years ago

Does anyone have any actual evidence that gnr is next? To me, it doesn't match their market approach at all. Plus, I'm hoping they learned that a recycled theme (Pirates) may not sell well. Jumping ship on their current fan base and providing a pin based on a band that is far more love hate than bands like acdc or zeppelin is pretty risky. I hope it's not the case as they are going to find out quick that you gnr guys are far less in number than what their other theme ideas would draw.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does anyone have any actual evidence that gnr is next? Too me, it doesn't match their their market approach at all. Plus, I'm hoping they learned that a recycled theme (Pirates) may not sell well. Jumping ship on their current fan base and providing a pin based on a band that is far more love hate than bands like acdc or zeppelin is pretty risky. I hope it's not the case as they are going to find out quick that you gnr guys are far less in number than what their other theme ideas would draw.

It's coming. It's next. And Eric is supposed to be doing it, which after jjPotC's GOAT-contender status is tremendously exciting.

GnR's last tour was over 500 million bucks. Half a BILLION dollars. Number one tour that year and I think #2 ever. They're plenty popular, and their next tour starts at the end of this year...right as their classic band-themed pin is coming out. If Jack can stick the landing with the tour start, he'll have 18 months of non-stop marketing for it.

Doing two saccarine themes in a row (Wonka and Toy Story) would be a bad idea. Plus this will give Pat some time to rethink and inject some of the imagination almost completely missing missing in Wonka into Toy Story's mechs.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I would totally be down with a good (animated - forget the live action crap) Scooby Doo. SO MUCH material to work with.

Noooooooooooo!

That would be tempting

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from MammoDoc:

A Bruce pin! That would be the boss!

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

JJP True Lies- cool Arnold and Bill Paxton call outs and a Harrier that flys around the playfield
    C13A6C72-BB4D-433D-A719-77C53DC04B8E (resized).jpegC13A6C72-BB4D-433D-A719-77C53DC04B8E (resized).jpeg

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's coming. It's next. And Eric is supposed to be doing it, which after jjPotC's GOAT-contender status is tremendously exciting.
    GnR's last tour was over 500 million bucks. Half a BILLION dollars. Number one tour that year and I think #2 ever. They're plenty popular, and their next tour starts at the end of this year...right as their classic band-themed pin is coming out. If Jack can stick the landing with the tour start, he'll have 18 months of non-stop marketing for it.
    Doing two saccarine themes in a row (Wonka and Toy Story) would be a bad idea. Plus this will give Pat some time to rethink and inject some of the imagination almost completely missing missing in Wonka into Toy Story's mechs.

Evidence that it is next? If it is true, we'll see if you're prediction translates into sales. I don't think it will. Sales will be as low as Pirates. And your assessment of Wonka aligns with the early detractors if DI. Same old, same old.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Evidence that it is next? If it is true, we'll see if you're prediction translates into sales. I don't think it will. Sales will be as low as Pirates. And your assessment of Wonka aligns with the early detractors if DI. Same old, same old.

We ponied up for a DI on day one, so failure on that assessment. Sold it six months after we got it because it wasn't a keeper, but that's another story.

Pirates sales are fine so far, but artificially low only because as people finally get exposed to it and realize it's a top 3 pin and maybe the GOAT, Jack stops selling them for WonkaVoltaire. Same historical mistake.

Hit me up in January and we can see where this shakes out. People dogged me for saying an AC/DC Luci vault was coming well in advance of when it did since Stern said it was impossible, and, whoops! they were really working on it as I had heard. GnR is coming, and as long as JJP doesn't Wonka it (which I doubt since Eric is handling the design and his debut effort is stellar), the pin will sell.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guns N Roses?? Seriously? This guy??
    [quoted image]

meh, I liked her more in 10.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

We ponied up for a DI on day one, so failure on that assessment. Sold it six months after we got it because it wasn't a keeper, but that's another story.
    Pirates sales are fine so far, but artificially low only because as people finally get exposed to it and realize it's a top 3 pin and maybe the GOAT, Jack stops selling them for WonkaVoltaire. Same historical mistake.
    Hit me up in January and we can see where this shakes out. People dogged me for saying an AC/DC Luci vault was coming well in advance of when it did since Stern said it was impossible, and, whoops! they were really working on it as I had heard. GnR is coming, and as long as JJP doesn't Wonka it (which I doubt since Eric is handling the design and his debut effort is stellar), the pin will sell.

Never said it was impossible. I asked for evidence, and it appears that there is only speculation. As for Pirates, I struggle to see Jack foregoing sales because of a new title. From what I've seen, heard and read, people are not interested in an old, worn-thin license. Stock with distros is revealing. I think the game is good, but I agree with most about the theme. I'd never spend that kind of money for it. GnR might be slightly better, but I'd wager Wonka and toy story will destroy it in sales. DI will probably do better. All of these themes are more neutral. As with all new pins, time will tell.

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-6/page/2?hl=willsmuz8999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.