Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 269 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

g3 (resized).JPG
    G2 (resized).JPG
    G1 (resized).JPG
    henrylaugh (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    9948331D-F83B-417A-9AEC-186091AF0D91 (resized).png
    GNR (resized).JPG
    po (resized).jpg
    thumb-1920-431330 (resized).jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall_3 (resized).jpg
    p (resized).jpg
    Pink-Floyd-Flowers-400x259 (resized).jpg
    ppoi (resized).png
    pppp (resized).jpg
    animalspigs (resized).jpg
    vinceneil (resized).jpg

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 4 years ago

Guns N' Roses?
    Toy Story?
    Muppets?
    Unlicensed theme?

Something entirely different?

What's everyone hearing?

#2 4 years ago

Guns n Roses. Can't wait. I don't think Eric will Wonka it - his PotC is amazing.

#3 4 years ago

I’m hoping toy story.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Something entirely different?

Yes, I heard it’s just going to be white wood, followed by a thread on pinside asking us to design it...

#5 4 years ago

I want to see a Pinside Pinball Machine. Bitch mode, software update mode, mechanism removed mode, cost increase mode, license fail/steal mode, playfield dimple mode. I'm sure thete is more to be added. Enjoy your day!

#6 4 years ago

Guns N Roses?? Seriously? This guy??

dd65e101ca1551dc4458c551b6b72a68 (resized).jpgdd65e101ca1551dc4458c551b6b72a68 (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

Well played

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Maybe then we could get Brat Multiball.

#9 4 years ago

I hope GNR is next. TS close behind?

#10 4 years ago

I hope JJP throws a curve ball and sends out a shocker.

#11 4 years ago

Instead of remaking something amazing like Back to the Future etc, they decided on GNR?? has to be April foods joke.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Guns n Roses. Can't wait. I don't think Eric will Wonka it

I really hope this is true!

#13 4 years ago

I really hope Back to the Future is coming at some point. JJP would sell a ton of them.

#14 4 years ago

DE did a great job with their version. But with todays tech and video, it could really be good. Concert footage, backstage...etc

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Really?
    You guys really think Jack is going make a GnR?
    Not a chance. JJP is shooting for more family friendly, global appealing titles.

#16 4 years ago

GnR from JJP?

I guess it could happen, but based on the past titles they've done. I seriously doubt it, doesn't seems like a feel-good family game.

Toy Story seems more like something along the lines of a JJP game.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Really this guy comes to mind, but I'm pretty sure that, like Wonka, this machine will be GnR's "classic" lineup and era. No Buckethead, lots of Slash, etc.

fat_axl_rose_meme (resized).jpgfat_axl_rose_meme (resized).jpg
    #18 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

DE did a great job with their version. But with todays tech and video, it could really be good. Concert footage, backstage...etc

I hate the art on the DE one, and the table FEELS like crappy Data East when you play it, so a premium JJP table with concert bits and great art (hopefully no Wonka-style photoshop explosion on the PF) with a broader selection of music would be awesome. There are a million ways for it to go wrong, but if Eric really is doing it, I have faith, because even after disc-gate and trunk-gate, he knocked it out of the park with jjPotC.

#19 4 years ago

I am slowly losing hope for a Toy Story pin.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from at_t_2d:

I am slowly losing hope for a Toy Story pin.

It's coming, after GnR, 1Q 2020 if there are no hangups with Wonka and GnR. I'm excited for that one, too, but I just hope they don't Wonka it.

#21 4 years ago
    guns-n-roses-skeletal-cartoon-poster-21-x-31-axl-rose-slash-roses-poster-sent-from-usa-in-pvc-pipe__51AYlqYP0lL (resized).jpgguns-n-roses-skeletal-cartoon-poster-21-x-31-axl-rose-slash-roses-poster-sent-from-usa-in-pvc-pipe__51AYlqYP0lL (resized).jpg
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I hope JJP throws a curve ball and sends out a shocker.

#23 4 years ago
    guns-n-roses-gnr-appetite-for-destruction-99434e5a-66e8-4cb1-a704-7161ee4ab578 (resized).jpgguns-n-roses-gnr-appetite-for-destruction-99434e5a-66e8-4cb1-a704-7161ee4ab578 (resized).jpg
    #24 4 years ago

The only thing is, what has GNR done music wise in the last 10 years or so other than Axl filling in for AC/DC

#25 4 years ago

Is Muppets an expected JJP title?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I disagree, DE GNR was absolute garbage. Shots are lame and the recycled from Last Action Hero sound effects was just the crap icing on the crap cake.
    ENOUGH WITH MUSIC PINS! GAH!!!!!!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from TrueJedi:

Is Muppets an expected JJP title?

It was on the old original leaked "road map" of pins that has been very accurate, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. I hope they dropped it. A mix of family-friendly wide audience sprinkled with a more "grown up" pin here and there seems like a winning formula.

#28 4 years ago

I’ve heard a rumor of a JJP partnership with Homepin to produce an amazing family friendly pin for our friends down under.

DEAFA784-BAFA-45D3-9C83-860638E1BFC0 (resized).jpegDEAFA784-BAFA-45D3-9C83-860638E1BFC0 (resized).jpeg
    #29 4 years ago

I love JJP, but won't be buying any more children's film themes. I would buy GnR. Bottomline, I'm not a woman or a child.

JJP- please remember who your core 90% market is!

#30 4 years ago

I AM IN ......

BRING ON CE #12

#31 4 years ago

So, at this point I don't think it matters. I have 3 jjp games and I love them and play them most. Crazy but I'm thinking of adding Wonka, played it a bunch last weekend.

So if I add Wonka I'll be tapped out at 4 jjp. However, I hope they make Guns & Roses that would be great because I have no interest in that theme and plenty of others that don't have jjp games do. Example post #29.

Cheers.

#32 4 years ago

Here is the really sad news....
    With the war chest that stern acquired in past 10 years, with the help of pinside might i ad Gary, they went and got some pretty good licensing contracts over the next 5 to 10 years.
    Jack had to do the same quickly and did good. My bet is we will see Toy Story at Expo, and some really fun titles over the next 3 years.
    I'm personally looking forward to The Incredibles! And Harry Potter.
    Here's hoping Im right.
    Looking forward to Next Star Wars pin, Avengers and Jaws at Stern.
    Important Note: Lets just call this experienced guess.

#33 4 years ago

If JJP wants to do adult, don’t do music, do a Pulp Fiction.

Stern doing another Star Wars or Avengers is boring.

#34 4 years ago

I don’t understand GnR and don’t really see how it fits with what they try to do with their themes but it sure seems that is likely JJP #6.

I expect that JJP #7 will be Toy Story as long as they can avoid being hamstrung by lack of key IP assets that clearly hurt JJPOTC. Toy Story appeals to nostalgia fans, animation and Disney fans and many families and have the added benefit of being more current than Wonka.

Barring a total swing and miss a Pat Lawlor designed Toy Story game with at least one super cool toy (imagine THE CLAW! picking up a pinball and dropping it on a ramp or something), liberal use of movie footage and custom voices by Tom Hanks’ brother (and maybe even Tim Allen) and perhaps John Ratzenburger would be the closest thing to a day one blind buy for my family if there ever was one.

I’m a big fan of Muppets but I think that ship has sailed and themes like The Incredibles (sticking with Disney) or Back to the Future Trilogy would do far better for JJP. I’m convinced BTTF could probably sell more games than JJP 1-4 combined.

#35 4 years ago

Really don't want a band pin regardless of which band.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Really don't want a band pin regardless of which band.

I've always thought the same. We all have our favorite music, bands.
    Certainly if someone made a Led Zepplin, Oingo Boingo or Devo and it plays well, id buy it. But those tables will never happen.
    I would even enjoy a 50's Jazz theme, perhaps a Rat pack pin with all the boys.
    Classical music pin, an Amadeus or Beethoven ( imagine 5th symphony 5 ball multi-ball sounds awesome).

#37 4 years ago

Gnr will be my first JJP

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

Gnr will be my first JJP

I 2nd that!

#39 4 years ago

GNR is next.

I'm sure Eric will do a great job and it will move enough units. It's the first JJP I won't be getting.

Toy Story is #7. It might be the first CE I purchase.

Two totally different themes that probably don't have a ton of crossover in terms of the people that will purchase them. That's probably a good thing.

#40 4 years ago

GnR is #6
    toy Story #7

And I’m totally in for GnR....back to back JJP buys for me.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

GNR is next.
    I'm sure Eric will do a great job and it will move enough units. It's the first JJP I won't be getting.
    Toy Story is #7. It might be the first CE I purchase.
    Two totally different themes that probably don't have a ton of crossover in terms of the people that will purchase them. That's probably a good thing.

The theme doesn't really matter to me long term. A crap theme with a great pin is a great pin, and a crap pin with a great theme is still a crap pin.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I don’t understand GnR and don’t really see how it fits with what they try to do with their themes but it sure seems that is likely JJP #6.
    I expect that JJP #7 will be Toy Story as long as they can avoid being hamstrung by lack of key IP assets that clearly hurt JJPOTC. Toy Story appeals to nostalgia fans, animation and Disney fans and many families and have the added benefit of being more current than Wonka.
    Barring a total swing and miss a Pat Lawlor designed Toy Story game with at least one super cool toy (imagine THE CLAW! picking up a pinball and dropping it on a ramp or something), liberal use of movie footage and custom voices by Tom Hanks’ brother (and maybe even Tim Allen) and perhaps John Ratzenburger would be the closest thing to a day one blind buy for my family if there ever was one.
    I’m a big fan of Muppets but I think that ship has sailed and themes like The Incredibles (sticking with Disney) or Back to the Future Trilogy would do far better for JJP. I’m convinced BTTF could probably sell more games than JJP 1-4 combined.

I have posted this in other threads but I would like to see the return of a Rudy in the form of Mr Potato Head as the main toy. Mr Potato head is the main character at Disney parks when you are waiting in line and I think it would work well in a pinball. Unfortunately with Don’s passing I don’t this would happen. Also etch-a-sketch would be a really unique way of implementing a lcd on the playfield.

#43 4 years ago

i just dont get the toy story pinball love you all desire!!!!

#44 4 years ago

I'm surprised to see so many GNR fans wanting another pin. I'm a GNR fan in the most casual sense but it seems like a terrible theme in 2019.

#45 4 years ago

I love band pins. MET, AC/DC, and IMDN are three of my favorite pins.

GnR is my favorite band of all time, so I hope everyone is right and it's next. Like them or not GnR is/was a huge band. I think they had the most successful tour in the world the last 2 years or so.

I'll most likely be getting a CE....and LE at least.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm surprised to see so many GNR fans wanting another pin. I'm a GNR fan in the most casual sense but it seems like a terrible theme in 2019.

The DE GnR pin is crappy so it will be like GnR is getting their first pin, plus there's a TON of music, videos, and concert footage they could use. Axl is a great composer, so it would be super hot if he made some pin-specific music, but I think that's really more going to be under Slash's purview since he's the pinhead.

#47 4 years ago

TS oh my god Noooo

tst (resized).jpgtst (resized).jpg
    #48 4 years ago

The only thing that could be better than a GnR pin would be since it's JJP doing it with the depth they normally bring is if they could do a GnR / Motley Crue battle of the bands pin then you would get two awesome band pins in one

#49 4 years ago

I was thinking about the potential song selection in the pin.

I would love for game owners to be able to purchase songs from the pin itself and put in what they want from GnR's catalogue.

JJP could save money in licensing music and we could get what we want. It would be crazy simple to design the code with that in mind and have appetite for destruction multi-ball or use your illusion wizard mode and stuff like that. There's tons of stuff in the Guns N' Roses world you could use for artwork/inserts/modes or whatever that wouln't include song specific titles.

I suppose you could have modes or inserts around the main hits, but I would love to be able to pick what I want. This seems like an easy win/win for everyone. There's already a computer basically in the pin...this seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do.

#50 4 years ago

Something like this?

metalbattle (resized).jpgmetalbattle (resized).jpg
    There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.