EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I mean that's cool and all, but anonymous unsourced "inside info" on the internet doesn't do much for anybody.

It's the fuel that keeps the Pinside Forums running.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Shadow, now there is a good example of game>theme .
Terrible movie, but excellent pinball machine.

But it helps when you can trick people into themes they think they're attached to. Such as Transformers which EVERYONE agrees were the worst movies ever 100% (yes even the peopl ethat watch them and like them!), but people bought it because there was some other Transformers stuff that was good before that.

Pretty amazing really.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Toy Story and Muppets are (relatively) contemporary pop culture icons. Toy Story and Muppets have humor that appeals to adults.

I'm always interested if companies will do something like Muppets that has just recently failed pretty bad on TV.
People keep asking for munsters which has the same recent history

EDIT: To me it's all kind of crazy...just arguing over such similar age groups. Toy Story is just as "adult" as frikkin POTC is; It's not like it's Deadpool or anything.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why do we need to have ones that been done already?

Whilst I agree with your logic, it's most likely because this thread and many other are full of people with cash in their hands dreaming of the same repeated themes.

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is a reason themes like Harley Davison and playboy have been done multiple times, they match up well with the pinball playing crowd.

hahaha OK tough guy...tame your steel horse!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

but not everyone has the same tastes.

Strangly I can;t get my wife into that flick even though she usually has good taste. Classic.

Quoted from TRAMD:

As far as puppets, I love The Dark Crystal but I'm not sure that I think it'd make a great JJP game.

Naw, terrifying puppets could be great for the family
Man that was one weird ass movie

#164 6 years ago

As soon as the video screen hit Stern lines I've been saying "Gals Panic."

Sorry I guess that isn't JJp related.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not the Manson family.

Really? Crazy Wizard of Oz vibes with flying monkeys and holy shit man the colors.....THE COLORS

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was thinking of the car leaping from one building to the next in Dubai was the ultimate shark jumper

I watched that one just because Paul Walker had just died & hadn't seen any in awHile. It was pretty damn fun I'll tell you that.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dudes...I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Seriously why would you want to spend $9000 on a Nintendo themed pinball?

$8000

1 week later
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

ET or Gremlins would be quite good too

Gremlins would be awesome...ET is unwatchably bad now.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R U taking the pot, ET was great in the 80's and holds up today in fact it beats the shit out of most modern films, the Atari game however is a whole other matter, although when I was 8 years I loved it, jesus I loved Atari pacman. A better time.

I was just as amazed as you would be. A fantastic movie from my childhood that I just can't be a part of; puke bad.
But again that's just me...I mean when my daughter is old enough I'll see it again for the first time. After she watches Watership Down & Rats of NIMH of course.

Sign me up I want to play ET...never did. Played a little of Indiana Jones (watched my brother play it all) and I'm ready now. Sometimes when I'm board I watch youtube vids of the walkthrough.

Sorry is this the confession board?

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you haven't already, read Ready Player One. Nostalgia bomb from the future.

Appreciate it but I'll have to wait for a movie...I don't read.

1 week later
#322 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The perfect theme that hasn't been done that would make a *killer* pin:
Big Trouble in Little China

There are 10,000 perfect themes out there

And that's near the top of the list

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I probably won't be buying a POTC pin, but hope it's based on the original Disney ride and leaves that Johnny Dbag out of it

Haha i agree with you there but damn that ride is way more brutal than the movie!

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I'm sure you're right, only rode it once in '95... when I was 9. If JJP makes a lot of money off of it and it keeps their ability to churn out premium pinball machines I'm all for it, just don't wanna look at Johnny Depp on any pins I own. But from what I hear he could use the royalty money from using his image

Oh man the ride is all just rape & pillaging coastal towns...of course they probably changed that stuff by now. Totally agree on Depp...Hasvn't wtched on of those movies in over a decade doesn't excite me at all.

#378 6 years ago

That total nuke annielation game or whatever it's called.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What would make the game really compelling in your opinion?

Why can't you try to imagine? Let's check your ratings...Avengers #5

"Update: i've increased my rating based on the fact that I cannot stop playing this game. ... This pin IS NOT the movie. Its a pinball machine, and the voices work and to me, now represent the pinball machine very well. "

So it isn;t really the movie that matters?

AFM #4
"Humor and creativity in sounds and dots are more important than current pinball makers seem to realize."

Toy Story is plenty funny and and JJP are making creative games right?

IM #3

" IM s a throwback to the old days, when the games were designed to beat you. So beating IM feels good."

maybe the game will play awesome...don;t here you saying anything aboot IM being a great theme or just like the movies

Etc etc etc...

I'm heading down to my basement to play Flash Gordon....a fantastic movie i love with tons of great moments that have nothing to do with the pinball machine (other than plastic art). Whom cares?

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Silence of the Lambs.
Dr. Hannibal Lecter and Clarice!
I would put down fully paid $$ right now to get the first one off the line.

Meh on that flick...but I'd do Manhunter for sure!

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

West World would be a really neat theme.

I'm in from jump street cause I love Yul Brynner!!!!!!!!!

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And Buffalo Bill and the night vision goggles in total darkness!

Haha that's where we disagree...Cox was much better IMO. I didn't like Hopkins almost comedy approach to LecKtor.

But hey opinions are like pinball machines...pinside invented them.

Wait is that a saying?

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Yeah, have to be a bit selective with Blazing Saddles quotes as I don't think anyone wants a machine on site using the N-word, yelling about "Kansas City Faggots" or "I like rape".....but there are some great callout options still.

I do.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Bug's Life did come out first on DVD, as Toy Story had already come out on VHS and was pre-DVD.

Ah Yes I remember having the Toy Story Laserdisk It's funny trying to think back 0n it now but that shit was mindblowing back then.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I remember it was a $100+ laserdisc box set....

Seems liek a bargin next to that 4 disc 2001 box set i had!

Quoted from merccat:

I keep an operational LD player on hand still for Star Wars as it was meant to be.

N.I.C.E!

#438 6 years ago

Anyone still have a DIVX player?

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yet I keep seeing people say they love this movie. Is it really good, or just kind of kitschy?

It's John Carpenter in his prime, and him doing a comedy-ish; it's a work of art.

#447 6 years ago

Man that's a niche market right there.

1 week later
#520 6 years ago

It would take me a minute to think of something worse than POTC

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not that long ago - Whoa Nellie.

Kind of Debatable because of Whiz Bang

But yes that was a breath of fresh air and fun.

#551 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

And it's really the same story as Star Wars - young innocent person, up against and contrained against the norms of society, breaks free, learns some important things from a talented master, feels it's her/his destiny, fights for it, faces a lot of opposition, stumbles once or twice, but in the end triumphs.

Actually kind of close...just swap the incest for statutory rape and you're golden! Oh and abortions

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Wait a minute - are you saying Baby was underage !!!

Not in Germany

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Also, there is no escaping the fact that Toy Story targets kids. It will not be put in man caves where guys host their friends over for poker night or just to shoot the shit.

Same thing they said when Woz came out

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally different situation. JJP was starting a company with full community support saying we wanted something better.

Agree to "kind of" disagree. The pre-order thing sure...but I sit back and think is it really that diff'rent now? Are people not ready to shell out more cash for a full featured super game (I mean we've all heard the growling aboot SW "featureless" machine ). Toy Story is 95, same time as Pulp Fiction which I hear people constantly talking aboot here so i wouldn't say the buying age isn't that far off...I understand you'd think of it as a kid's movie now, but the whole point was it appealed to everyone and the the technology was a big ass deal. I mean I'm just spitballing here...I never hated the idea of WOZ but holy hell you remember what it was like when the theme came out...I 've never heard so much hate!

Obviously I'm not arguing they could do better with a fresher more grown up theme like Guardians. Jesus I hardly know they were making that POTC crap still...talk aboot a stale title.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Perhaps Dirty Dancing is more like Rocky / Lion King (well all Disney Movies?) / Matrix / Harry Potter

No in the fact that Rocky doesn;t win at the end, but kind of yes as Rocky kind of sexually assaults Adrain in his apartment in the first one. I mean seriously...whom has seen it lately? Rocky has like 10 knives laying around his place and sticking in the wall...it's a pretty scary place.

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

How can anyone complain about hobbit as a theme and then defend woz or di lol?

Maybe they aren't nerdy little dweebs? Oh sorry...you all probably prefer halfings?
Or maybe because the hobbit movies where pure shit? But even so, the theme itself isn't as bad as the movies, and there's a lot to pull from.

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right, but the point is you have to drive a LONG stretch of modes to get to A wizard mode, whether the booby prize or the main event. There should be a mode at the halfway point (or thereabouts) to break up the monotony.

yeah they need a bunch more wizard modes so everyone can get to one and feel good aboot themselves.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What about Legos? Everybody likes Legos, right?

Most do. I thought the logo movie was almost unwatchable. I only finished because I was on a plane.

3 weeks later
#652 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

POTC by the new guy
Toy Story by Pat

Just as well since I would have that kind of cash again but I can;t think of a weaker title that POTC.

I mean obviously GNR but nothing after that

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have heard a slightly different rumour from more than one source now, that it was only certain actors they couldn't get locked in and Jack is still working on it!?

Good, make it all Roger Moore he aint gonna complain. Hell make it straight "For Your Eyes Only" and skip all the rest of the fluff.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jeez...I really like the Stern's POTC.

I think a lot's of people do...didn;t quite get that quip either.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was bored to tears one afternoon, nothing else on. Absolutely horrendous waste of time except for the bag of popcorn.

My thoughts exactly.

Except I was watching the 3rd one, literally 10 years ago.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I actually like the Stern POTC, but I just don't see the license at being very much relevant anymore.

If odin were here he'd point out they don't make too many relevant themes anymore.
POTC sounds horrible to me but the movie lets see.... = Worldwide: $789,900,073! Still going strong it seems.

3 weeks later
#754 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... from now on?

I'm not detecting a change

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just saw this thread....without reading 15 pages, are they planning on showing it at expo?

Yes it's jaws with Iron Maiden music just like the last, *looks at Pinside join date,* 6 years worth of releases were.

#841 6 years ago

Correct on scale issue & also the user has the ability to not allow them...although the default is 'On' I believe

1 week later
#978 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If they did all original cartoon / illustrative style art and animations, I suspect it'd allow a lot more freedom.

It be even better if they created their own sci-fantasy movie trilogy and THEN took clip from it to put in their pinball machine.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

ok, where can we find the steam?

No we've switched to the dream journal portion of the thread. Please mention the themes you would love to see but have no chance of being made.

Guys any chance it could be Hudson Hawk? I feel like it might be right after POTC!?!

In for a Kit-Kat LE!!!

kk (resized).jpgkk (resized).jpg

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing $8300 for Reg and $9500 for LE

Uff that's a big jump for something already that high

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder how many people read the book before they saw the movie.

Well much like Color Blind people & vegans you'll know how many because they'll be sure to tell you.

Quoted from o-din:

I was one of them.

See

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

... it just seems random, and am wondering where the impetus is coming from?

Like many things on Pinside it was an idea a couple people started and it snowballed into a thing. Few people mention it, then more, then it's a great idea, then it's the next title, oh wait maybe now? etc etc forever.

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It's not pirates...hope you guys are ready for the biggest upset in pinball!

Hope you're right

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So did somebody say they thought a price increase on jjp was happening or was this an announcement from jjp? I certainly hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

It's just ASSumed since every new release has price hikes it seems.

#1300 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I was typing dildo but my phone wouldn't accept it.

Bro you gotta get a new phone that's unacceptable.

#1418 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Will the stream be posted after? I'm unable to tune in live and would prefer to watch the reveal as opposed to just seeing what the new title is next time I get on pinside.

Best stay away form pinside...thar be spoilers everywhere after

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sweet! A Disneyland pin after all!

Side note, Hopefully it's Disneyworld and not that cramped little land.

Back to the point at hand though I loved riding that train around the park...that's good stuff right there. Of course I liked the gondolas too

#1423 6 years ago

Yep Land still clings to that Matterhorn fact till their last breath!

#1426 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are building a giant Star Wars land as we speak. Talk about milking that license to death..

Well they paid all those billions for it

I liked MGM also...the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacluar was fun

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Off topic, but Land is better than Magic Kingdom. How can the much smaller park have more (and better) rides?

Quite frankly without Mr Toad's Wild Ride they both suck

#2248 6 years ago

Looks interesting but I'm just seeing it now. Pretty cool shit going on for sure.

So seems everyone has decided this is like the Hobbit reveal that was going to end Stern and not like the DI reveal that was going to end JJP? Hopefully it's a hybrid and people are happy with the reveal and the game itself.

How many people have been complaining aboot having to hit the action button?

#2264 6 years ago

Rotating center looks pretty sweet ass but the inserts are a little too LOTR for me. Not a big deal or anything just first thing i thought of.

#2427 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What do I think. I think youve got me converted from a Stern fan to a JJP fan.

Now you're a Stern fan? You do nothing but shit rip them all day long.

Quoted from delt31:

Alien still crushes this game IMO but I also don't care for the theme and absolutely love Alien/it's atmosphere, etc. No pinball game delivers the suspense/feel/thriller that is alien pinball (ever).

Because you've played them both?

#2476 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Call Gary at Abel Electronics....he's one the largest JJP distributors, and a great guy to deal with...cant go wrong

Yep great guy... Got my DI from him

#2488 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Does anyone else think those yellow flippers look wrong in this game? Are they going to be a different colour on production games?

I hope not, it's pinball and they should be yellow.

#2507 6 years ago

Love the old school oulane/inlanes....but the whole sand bar/beach thing by the action button looks damn budget and i could do without it.

#2513 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do wait...what the.... so when you tilt you lose your GAME on this? Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up and skimming through this thread as quickly as possible but man...

I don't know but Dialed in Carries over Tilt warning to the next ball....don;t know if that;s what is being talked aboot.

I mean it did till I turned it off..stupid shit.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

For anyone interested:
DEEP DIVE into Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball by JJP - Likes, Dislikes, Code, Features
http://thisweekinpinball.com/pirates-caribbean-deep-dive-likes-dislikes-code-features/

"2. Collecting Gold
Needing to use the action button to collect gold could potentially get a little tiresome."

Again pressing a button on a button pressing game might be too much to handle. WTF

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Like the Star Wars tie fighter video mode, cool idea but just could eventually get a little annoying. Absolutely love the JJPOTC overall though.

Do the other 2 buttons get a little annoying?

Edit: it's also not a video mode

2 months later
#3120 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm wondering if jjp learned from DI to automatically install cliffys on the scoops on all games going forward? Hopefully they did and also hopefully the metal used is the appropriate thickness instead of the heavy dury DI ones.

So Neither JJP before this had a scoop eh? The interesting question going forward is the clear going to be brittle or is it just the design of this game? Other games have a saucer and wondering if those will break down easily or not?

#3122 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It would be nice to have any type just come with a protector already installed like they finally did with DI.

Yeah like Stern changed to...I guess since between each game they all jack up the price might as well get something for it.

#3124 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

If I were one of the DI owners with a jacked up scoop area, I'd be pretty bummed about my $9000 machine.

I am bummed, and for the record it cost 8K.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.