EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Launch to shipping is getting shorter for JJP. DI launch to shipping was about 8 months. My guess is JJP4 will be launched at Expo and shipping by TPF, that's about 5 months.

#85 6 years ago

I think it's best if we all just expect a terrible theme where they can't use the likeness of anybody. Then we may be pleasantly surprised.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Here is the interview with Eric Meunier

Thanks, great interview. Excited to see what Eric can do.

#150 6 years ago

Toy Story would be awesome.

buzz final 1 008 (resized).jpgbuzz final 1 008 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#578 6 years ago

Toy Story would be awesome!

85c3eab103036c16fb391099b2ce3b4f8830c71c441029e52ddbc705de6000fd (resized).jpg85c3eab103036c16fb391099b2ce3b4f8830c71c441029e52ddbc705de6000fd (resized).jpg

1 month later
#802 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Roadrunner is more likely.

Road Runner would be cool.

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Atari one was not cool (I didn't like any of the Atari pins, actually).

Artwork and theme is nice though.

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Kingpin?
Does it have flippers?
is there a playfield or does it utilize anti gravity technology gleaned from the hadron collider to levitate balls?
Have they replaced Bluetooth iPhone flipper capability with remote thought based touch free flippers?
Is the display VR or at least 4K HDR?
Do the legs use magnetic repulsion auto leveling with variable tilt based on game play?
Narrow dispersion speaker system for silent play in arcades? Maybe at least Dolby Atmos?
Self repairing playfield for wear/ball swirl using nanotec surfaces?

Of course, all this and more, you need to raise your expectations.

#851 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Forgive my ignorance, but where is everyone getting the idea that it's going to be PotC?

It was leaked a couple of years ago by a disgruntled ex-JJP employee. This was before DI was revealed or the theme was known and the guy predicted that JJP3 would be a cell-phone game and accurately described some of the features so everybody naturally assumes he was right about POTC and Toy Story being the next 2 games as well.

1 week later
#910 6 years ago

They should be able to make a better widebody now that Pat is on board. I imagine he's helping Eric tweak the shots to make them feel good. I know he Pat helped out a little on the Hobbit but it was right at the end of development and all he could do is open up the shot to the pops.

1 week later
#1186 6 years ago

So DI started shipping in around June this year, right? I think after the reveal at Expo this year they will try to start shipping by TPF. That would be smart. Maybe start to think about retiring the older games, TH and WOZ.

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It would seem to me that a reveal and marketing of another game would cannibalize the one that was just released (??) or do I not get marketing at all?

Maybe, that's true for Stern but I think that JJP should just concentrate on building up a nice portfolio of games so they have something for everyone. After all they only have 3 games available at the moment, which isn't too many choices, especially if TH is retired.

#1667 6 years ago

Looks like the third flipper has a dedicated shot.

#1669 6 years ago

Is that an LCD on the apron, a decal, or does it represent a smart phone lying there?

#1673 6 years ago

Position of the pops is awesome. Nice to see something different. Lower pop exposed right near the outlane. Reminds me of Paragon.

#1681 6 years ago

I haven't seen the movies, is the upper playfield a ship? What is that thing in the top left hand corner.

#1687 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I'm lost, what is it??? where there pics somewhere???? I wana seeeeeeeee

Go back a couple of pages

#1693 6 years ago

I wonder if the chest opens. Payback for Stern stealing the Quantum theatre, JJP has stolen the Aerosmith toy box.

#1697 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

whats the wire guide behind the lower flippers?

Isn't that just the wire on the apron, was on DI too.

#1711 6 years ago

Ryan, do you know what the top left corner is?

#1713 6 years ago

Looks like you can shoot the scoop as well, that's going to be crazy low on the right flipper.

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats just a subway kickout that feeds the left flipper

Yeah, but there's a small (light blue) arrow insert pointing to it, so I assume you can shoot it as well.

#1722 6 years ago

Count the shots on this bad boy, I stopped at 16...

5 flippers again. Same as WOZ, right?

#1725 6 years ago

Actually, I got up to 23 shots counting standups and the upper playfield shots. But that's just what I can see clearly in the low-res pic, probably many more.

#1734 6 years ago

It's not a fake people, or else JJP have way too much time on their hands.

#1737 6 years ago

So that upper playfield really moves, side to side, like a ship? That would be cool.

#1743 6 years ago

I guess the private reveal for DICE owners must be right about now?

Quoted from DerGoetz:

Is that another cell phone integration? Right above lockbar, seems to be a cell phone....

Apparently a built-in LCD compass.

#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not really seen much talk about the playfield art,

That's really the advantage of releasing the whole game at once, you can't focus on just the art.

#1784 6 years ago

You can shoot it, there's an insert pointing to it, but also a subway return to flipper.

#1786 6 years ago

No wonder Keith was tired, so much to code for in this.

#1827 6 years ago

Maybe they are going to alternate widebodies and narrowbodies. So that would mean narrow body Toy Story is next, seeing as the original leak was right about DI and POTC.

#2548 6 years ago

Gary Stern and JJPOTC (resized).jpgGary Stern and JJPOTC (resized).jpg

#2655 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I'm thrilled with POTC and going by what i hear on DI sales.
I'm sure some will cancel BUT.....
Not saying the ugly duckling can't have its day in the sun for a bit
POTC is on another planet by comparison imo
Just JJP raising the bar substantially, and sales will tell the tale

Re: the above, please can everyone take the poll:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-survey-dialed-in-vs-pirates-of-the-caribbean

1 month later
#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

The question is, did JJP make the right call to develop a "POTC-themed" machine without the original theme song and callouts/clips from the most iconic actors in the franchise? Only time will tell. But, I for one am passing on this machine until I see a better effort and I can't imagine there are not more like me.

JJP absolutely made the right call. You're acting like there isn't call-outs and movie clips of actors' faces because of a lack of "effort" or some kind of poorly-thought-out error of judgement when, in reality, there is a limited amount of money that can go towards developing a pinball machine and they thought very carefully about how to spend it. Now, they can put that money towards purchasing the license of a song or two, or call-outs from another B-grade actor (Depp is likely too expensive and simply out of the question), maybe even get someone else's face up on the LCD or...they can put the deck of a freakin' ship on the playfield which rocks with the motion of the sea and shoots a pinball into another ship and has teeny-tiny little lanterns on it which flicker just like real lanterns do.

Fact is, they chose to put the money into developing and making real interactive physical objects from the movie and not into overpriced 2D clips, call-outs, or music, all elements you can get elsewhere. Yes, they chose pinball and I, for one, applaud that decision.

3 months later
#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

The one thing I’m wondering about is if someone with no rule knowledge can step up and still have a great time without being overwhelmed?

I guess there is the up the middle shot to lock balls in the chest for new players. The chest is fairly prominent and the standup targets to light lock are directly to the right and left of the chest shot. I imagine new players will work out fairly quickly that they need to hit those and then lock balls in the chest.

#3261 6 years ago
#3271 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

almost 10 hours of movies and not 1 second of movies footage !!!

Pretty sure there's movie clips when you start a chapter, just not of actors' faces. Or are those clips not from the movies?

1 week later
#3390 6 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Bottom line for me when it comes to music is this: Does it have the original "Pirates Life For Me" song from the ride?

Nope.

#3392 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

But lets get it out there and let it run for 6 months.

Its already out.

#3418 6 years ago

Haven't watched yet, but are the map awards integrated?

1 week later
#3505 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I also hope they add some more depth to the code.

3 weeks later
#3718 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

this is the first time we've seen JJP cut and run like this with such a massive removal of the main mech

I'm sure there have been many cuts before, it's just that we didn't know about them. The Hobbit was originally going to have a dragon which ate the ball, for example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.