EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's only about 300 games on your TH ... ???

Ya 36 min games sounds about right. (But an awesome 36 minutes)

1 week later
#480 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

My top 5 licenses I like to see:
Beatles
007 (all eras from Connery to Craig)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Breaking Bad
Major League Baseball with all 30 teams(maybe have a pitch and bat mini playfield)

Beatle's would not make a good pinball machine

#530 6 years ago

With all the good themes to chose from and they want to rehash an already done theme? Please noooo. Although it will probably be an awesome game anyway

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rehashing a previously used theme doesn't bother me at all. Would any one be opposed to a JJP South Park because of 18 year old Sega/Stern one? Heck no.
My issue is the POTC theme in general. The IP is played out (the last movie was the worst of the series) and there just aren't a lot of people into pirates these days. The IP does not excite me in general.

Ya I agree. If your going to rehash an old theme why not chose a good one. Maybe star wars?

With plenty of new themes to chose from the whole rehash kinda gets old unless the theme is good

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't get rehashing a POTC theme either but they tried DI so anything is possible.

But DI is a breath of fresh air. Something original and new for once. When was the last time a major manufacturer made a non licensed theme? Stern in 2000 with Sharkey's shootout? Finally.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not that long ago - Whoa Nellie.

I knew someone would say that. That's not a major manufacturer that originally made it. Now stern is remakeing it so that's a little different. You could say afmr is an original theme but it's still a remake. So took about 16 years for some one to come up with their own theme and have it produced in large quantities

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I generally don't disagree with anything you are saying but let me address the above and draw a distinction.
Nostalgia is built on movies based on where you were at in your life when you first saw the movie and who you saw it with.
Pulp Fiction can it the nostalgia bug quicker than Toy Story can because were going out on dates to see the edgy Pulp Fiction movie and it's juicy dialog. They were already late teens (17 or older) going to see that movie.
The people who will feel nostalgic about Toy Story will be those that went to theaters with their parents when they were 10 years old and were amazing by the tech. Those then 10 year olds are now 32. There are 32 year olds in the hobby but not many buying NIB games.

I agree. I'm 27 and would love a toy story theme. Wow, I said it now I feel like a child

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Just throwing this out there. Who would like a Call of Duty style pin or Some kind of army themed pinball?
Thoughts?

100 percent. I've always thought a pin based off of the board game risk. Maybe not a license theme but a theme where you build an army and try and take over the world. you could chose your starting country and fight in battles and make allies. But make it adult based with good sound fx

2 weeks later
#629 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I just read Ernest Cline's "Ready Player ONE" and it's such a great read I wanted to pass it on. Try a sample on Kindle. 'Would make a great pin as well. The movie comes out March '18.

I second ready player one! Been waiting what feels like years for the movie! Directed by speilburg should be great.

1 month later
#997 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

One more week! Hope you guys are as excited as I am.

One week I thought it was this Thurs!

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My guess is that the game will have a lot of motors in it.

My guess it will have 4 legs. Stern...not so sure

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Just last night I saw a delorean with all the BTTF add ons, the license plate and the driver dressed as the Doc driving over the 59th street bridge here in NY.
I took it as sign that this will be the next JJP.

Would definitely need some doc callous lol

sv8wn (resized).jpgsv8wn (resized).jpg

#1333 6 years ago

I just got off the phone with Jack. It's dumb and dumber

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Glad that gif was removed. Less glad it played on my work computer first.
Edit: To make this less mysterious, it was boobs.

My bad i apologize. I was just excited. I forgot people are at work with 25 in HD monitors lol. Must have been a BIG surprise.

#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was the one who removed it. I sure hated deleting it, but it had to happen.

Did you at least give it an upvote before deleteing?

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I was sitting in the dentist chair when those popped out. lol luckily no one was around.
The funny thing is I started out reading the Elvira thread and I thought better of it since there are some racy pictures in there.

Ya the adult in me said not to post it but the kid in me said just hit send. I think it was hilarious and I'm still laughing about it now, although it was definitely inappropriate lol.

Screenshot_20171012-131023 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171012-131023 (resized).png

#1498 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

If I did, that avenue may be closed up and not available for me to explore next time.

I can't give a clue, because the Pinside crowd is too savvy.
I don't want to reveal it because I respect JJP and how tight lipped they've managed to keep this. So I will not reveal it to anyone, under any circumstance$. Just excited to not have to wait for the stream, but still waiting eagerly for the stream anyway.

Wow. How many PM's are you getting right now?

#1540 6 years ago

I'm glad no one so far has definitively said what it is. Jjp worked their asses off for this game and it would be cool to not steal their thunder.

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I missed it in the Twitch stream... did they announced WHEN they expect it to ship?

Quoted from spandol:

1st quarter of 2018

Quoted from japespin:

I must've missed it in the Twitch stream... Did Jack say WHEN they expect to start shipping?

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m hoping in the future JJP does a new Simpsons pin.

The Simpsons would be cool to see what jjp can do. But In all honesty, I think stern nailed that game and there is not much of a reason to try and redo an already epic game.

#2356 6 years ago

You know, I was originally disappointed with the theme. But, I've always said theme doesn't matter so I will remain consistent and look past it. When I do that, WOW!!!!!!! Game looks amazing and so far no negatives about it yet! Everyone who watched the stream and played it seems happy. Can't wait to play!

Now I have a tough decision in the future to get a DI or jjpotc. Congrats everyone who put their hearts and time into this game!

#2410 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Carparison
Stern = Toyota - steady Eddy, nothing fancy, gets the job done

Idk about that. Toyotas are bullet proof.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.