Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (2 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (2 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (2 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#252 2 years ago

Ummm... video games? Worse yet console games? No thanks. I have some fond memories of playing NES, Super Nintendo and N64 growing up but about halfway through high school lost interest.

Mame got me into arcade games which got me into coin op but personally I found them to be boring after a very short time which led me to Pinball and I've never looked back.

Bring on JJP #4, I'm excited for it!

#254 2 years ago

I think the difference is what some consider "headaches" I consider to be most the fun of it. Video games don't let you physically dive in and get your hands dirty. I work in front of a screen all day long as a software engineer... when I get home I have to mentally unplug from screens and stimulate my mind in physically interactive ways. Working on Pinball (and playing) is an amazing outlet.

#278 2 years ago

Maybe JJP can lock in DC since Stern seems to be cozy with Marvel. If DC starts putting out more movies like WonderWoman I can see them catching up.

2 weeks later
#339 2 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

ITS RICHIE WRENCH PINBALL -- ITS ABOUT A LITTLE BOY PLUMBER AND HOW HE BATTLES THE DAY TO DAY OF TOILET CLOGS AND BROKEN PIPES --
IT COULD HAPPEN......

And his arch nemesis... the evil Dr. CAPS LOCK! Lol.

Edit... or is that your side kick?

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Are we even sure that it is PotC?

Its all still speculation.

#358 2 years ago

Space Rangers vs Emperor Zurg

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I remember it was a $100+ laserdisc box set. I kept returning it because I kept getting defective ones (there were some bad LD factories back then)...ended up just returning the 3rd set and getting a refund. No regrets, we've got 3D Blu-Rays now! WOO!

I keep an operational LD player on hand still for Star Wars as it was meant to be.

#435 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I still have an LD player that kinda sorts sometimes works...but man, movies look like shit on it compared to Blu-Ray or even DVD. Thankfully I don't care about Star Wars...but I still have my LD player for a few animation box sets like Tex Avery, Tom & Jerry, etc.

I found when running the SVideo out through an HDMI up converter it looked like garbage. Ended up running an SVideo line straight to my projector, bypassing the reciever.... yeah it was no blue ray but was decent.

That despecialized version sounds interesting, will have to read up on it.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

But what do you watch it on? A 1996 ProScan?

My projector supports SVideo input which looks a million times better than when I tried upscaling to HDMI.

Yeah it's no Blue Ray as someone else pointed out the Audio track is fantastic.

IMG_5767 (resized).JPG

Edit: The despecialized versions are awesome! Guess its time to retire the LD.

1 week later
#467 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You might want to check your screen size settings. I'm pretty sure the Death Star isn't supposed to be oval.

LOL good point. Will be trying the despecialized editions soon and that may be the end of having to switch settings back and fourth to accomodate the SVideo

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Will the new game be a wide body or standard width?

I hope they put out at least two more standards before doing another wide body, but I think it will end up being at the designers discretion for what they think fits their theme best.

My best guess is standard since #4's designer is a younger guy probably more familiar with the standard layout and was mentored by Pat who stated that he preferrs standard.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Pat's done WB before too.

Yeah, I love TZ, but I seem to recall hearing a statement where he didn't have any interest in future widebodies.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any timing on reveal?

Expo seems to be the target.

#594 2 years ago

Staaaaation.

Theres a movie if I come across channel surfing I'll watch every time. Also a rare case where the sequal was better than the original (imho). So many great quotes in both though.

4 weeks later
#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did anyone even see that last one?

Yeah, I think so.... nothing memorable or worthy of watching again, ever.

Quoted from JimB:

It just blows the mind how writers cannot make a good script with pirates. Look at the writing for Game of Thrones. Why?

I guess they figure x number will go to it irregardless and Johnny costs y dollars so we can maximize profits by simply throwing a few interns at the script, and maybe find some random guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn to help out.

2 weeks later
#725 2 years ago

Is there going to be an awesome promo trailer when revealed?

3 weeks later
#1086 2 years ago

Dang won’t be able to watch live, I hope they don’t put the title in the stream title for playback, I want the surprise of the reveal.

1 week later
#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Will the stream be posted after? I'm unable to tune in live and would prefer to watch the reveal as opposed to just seeing what the new title is next time I get on pinside.

I too can’t catch it live so I’ll be avoiding Pinside and praying that Buffalo doesn’t update the title of the stream to include the game name.

4 months later
#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm still hanging on April/May.

I’m thinking May. Wasn’t Dialed In out being tested for about 6 months before shipping? That would be a similar timeline.

The game is bueatiful and is already a lot of fun.

#3401 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most important to me is layout/shots and this game is super duper fun to shoot!

This was my first impression as well. The code is being worked on so I didn’t even try to think about modes, etc... I was just trying to get a feel for the layout and it was just plain fun to shoot.

#3436 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Did JJP have a seminar or some type of group discussion at the Texas show? Was there any mention of time-line for release? (Yes I am completely impatient on this, just wanting to know more

Shipping early summer was what Jack announced.

#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I agree with the wanted poster idea. That would be cool.
However i have a question. This would be my first NIB JJP pin. I own a TH Smaug edition. And seeing what JJP did with TH and how it had 2 more special editions. Im one of those guys. That it really bugs me if I was to buy a basic LE. Then they release a Black Pearl Edition a year after. So that in mind its my only hold back from putting in my pre order now. Id like to get some feed back if theres any guys out there that bought a LE WOZ or a LE TH. Then the ruby red was released or the black arrow or smaug was released. How did you feel and what did you do>? I tend to hold onto my machines. I hate to go through the whole selling process. Then i hate to lose thousands on trade if this were to happen. So id probably never upgrade. If this was a pro model price range pin it wouldnt be such a big deal. Somebody had mentioned cars as a comparison and car manufacturers do this all the time. For one with cars it usually takes more then a year for that to happen. And also with cars theres much more of a aftermarket presence. Most of the time its just HP which you could get double more for half the price on the aftermarket. I dont know im overthinking it i know. It just would be a real bummer for them to release a special edition in a year or 2 with exclusive look. And i like the idea of a black pearl edition a lot. But i dont want to wait around that long. So im basically screwed. "Rolleyes"

I guess it depends on which look you like best... for me I like the ECLE color over the RR so RR doesn’t bother me. Everything else was available as a mod so it allowed me to take what I wanted (castle walls and lolipop decals) and leave what I didn’t (tornado).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 233.10
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 189.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside