Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (2 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (2 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (2 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fast and Furious OR Cars 3? Come on!
Guardians of the Galaxy has both, is fresh, loaded with possibilities and would be a grand slam.

Fast & Furious is a perfect theme for a pin, dozens of flashy over the top adrenaline fuelled scenes that could be turned into kick ass modes for a pin, plus it's a billion dollar franchise now making more and more at the box office with each release.

How there's not been a Fast & Furious pin already is beyond me

Guardians is with Stern which rules out a JJP GOTG but that would have been an amazing theme for Lawlor to get his teeth into!

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Too late, you're buying a Stern.

Yeah I had heard that rumour from several people that Stern had Deadpool in the bag along with GOTG.

One thing Stern cannot be faulted on is the themes they buy up, their themes are 90% awesome!

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Rumor says it might be Elwin's Archer layout.

So hope that is true Elwin's layout is awesome, GOTG arguably Marvels most unique property combined with the most unique layout to come out of Stern in years would be off the charts!

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

But it helps when you can trick people into themes they think they're attached to. Such as Transformers which EVERYONE agrees were the worst movies ever 100% (yes even the peopl ethat watch them and like them!), but people bought it because there was some other Transformers stuff that was good before that.
Pretty amazing really.

Nope, fact they where based on the movies made we hold out, when I saw that teaser George did with the transforming toy I admit I went a little weak, then that didn't appear on the final game I was out again. Those movies suck compared to the original G1 series and movie. If Stern had done Transformers as G1 I would have been all over it, shame they didn't do a G1 LE

#193 2 years ago

Dredd by JJP....?

Dredd (resized).jpg

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Stern has not scooped up that theme yet then JJP absolutely needs to get on it. That theme will move some machines.

Couldn't agree more, the Fast & the Furious is a rare franchise that is continuing to grow at the box office and expand its world wide appeal, now is the time for a pin to strike while the franchise is at an all time high.

There has been no rumours of Stern having it or going after it (usually we hear all sorts of Stern licence rumours) JJP needs to jump on this licence asap!

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Fast and Furious feels like it had its jump the shark moment when they jumped the submarine and blew it up. Maybe the series still has life left in it but I'm rather done with it... just like POTC feels like it's done with.

Difference is POTC box office returns have diminished with each sequel following the first two, F&F box office returns have got exponentially bigger and bigger with each release since the 5th movie - something that not many franchises are able to achieve, so there is certainly a growing market for F&F where as the general movie going population seem to have lost interest in POTC, there really is no better time for a F&F pin than now while the franchise is at its all time high.

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I agree that F&F has more life left in it than POTC which has faded.

Question is how much longer will F&F be a billion dollar franchise and have the monumental fan base and financial appeal it currently has? If a F&F pin is ever going to be made it needs to be made now while the franchise is running on Nitrous and not when the franchise is running on empty!

(puns fully intended )

#215 2 years ago

Is Eric's game confirmed to be JJP #4?

1 week later
#291 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I don't know why they need to release an R-rated pin, there's a billion great themes and concepts that would be PG-13 at most.

Could always have a family friendly PG-13 theme with an R rated twist!?

IMG_3356 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#657 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

POTC by the new guy
Toy Story by Pat

Just need Jack to finally lock in Bond for title #5 and that's 3 JJP games I will struggle to not buy

#660 2 years ago

BTTF & Bond are two titles I wouldn't be able to resist, especially from JJP.

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I've said it a few times, but JJP had the bond license locked in. The only issue was they couldn't get the video assets for the movies, which obviously made it pointless. My guess is maybe there was an issue with the bond IP holder, and the assets the movie companies own. A total shame.

I have heard a slightly different rumour from more than one source now, that it was only certain actors they couldn't get locked in and Jack is still working on it!?

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Maybe JJP will really bust it open with J.K. Rowling doing the reveal of HP at Expo? Odds of that being the case?

Odds on that happening, there's more chance Stern will announce a price decrease on the next title than J.K.R agreeing to a HP pin.

It's a shame as a lot of pinheads would love a HP pin but she is totally against the licence being used for pinball, slots, gambling, things she considers seedy.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

I have heard the same BUT I have heard that Jack is the ultimate salesman. Maybe he shared a couple pints with her and got her to sign on the dotted line while she was slurring her speech about the next Harry Potter book she is working on. Just maybe?

If HP is to ever get done, it's less about selling a deal to her, she supposedly doesn't do anything anymore for the money, when your worth about $800 million I guess you don't need it

If it's to be sold to her now she needs to be shown what pinball has become which is now a lot of home buyers with families and children and it couldn't be further away from the "seedy gambling" view she has of it these days.

#676 2 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

If you thought that reveal was a disaster, wait until all these people expecting Toy Story, James Bond or Harry Potter find out it's just another Pirates of the Carribean game.

Those people just need to be patient and wait for titles beyond POTC

3 weeks later
#812 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So what can we expect after potc, toy story, and blade runner?

Blade Runner where did that come from?

I have heard POTC and Toy Story, would love JJP to secure Bond, complete dream theme for me and I would love to add a JJP to my collection, JJP + Bond = Must by in my household.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ahh! That makes more sense. I bet that's what was happening the few times I tried to upload one.

When you attach a GIF, at the bottom of the page where it says med-res (max 2048 largest side), click on that drop down box and select original size (no rescaling) before you attach the image and all your GIFS should work fine.

4Zmq7yV.gif

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One of the speculators in this thread.

Ward Bond? Gottlieb already beat them to it with Wagon train.

I have no idea what or who your talking about, I am a spring chicken here, child of the 90s the only Bond I know is James bond

2 weeks later
#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

JJP#4
It's JAWS....
WIDEBODY
"You're Gonna Need A BIGGER Game room !"

I wish! JAWS is a dream theme for me, one of only 2 films me, my dad and his dad watched together, good times!

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

(Sorry to derail the thread from the coaster conversation... ...carry on

Thumbs up for that, made me laugh out loud and wake the guys up working the night shift with me at the fire house

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Exactly why I felt they needed to go with an adult focused pin like a Deadpool. They need to diversify a bit and target an audience that watches shows like Game of Thrones, Westworld or Spartacus.

You will probably be seeing a Deadpool pin at some point Tiger, unfortunately it won't be a JJP.

I still think JJP would absolutely knock a BTTF pin out of the park. And in all honesty if Heighway want to survive and make it to #3 they firstly need to get Alien out in numbers but stick with Adult themes and keep that share of the market predominantly theirs.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Is that another cell phone integration? Right above lockbar, seems to be a cell phone....

That was a stroke of genius by JJP, most of my mates kids have never really shown much interest in playing my pins, they just aren't brought up on tactile interaction anymore.

But the second I mentioned they can play DI using their iPhone, they where like really that's so cool!

#1760 2 years ago

Not really seen much talk about the playfield art, what do people think? It looks good but not as cohesive as I have come to expect from JJP.

Jack really spoilt us with DI

#1898 2 years ago

Apologies if it's been asked and linked already but this thread is getting new posts every second. Is there a link to stream? Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 399.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside