Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (2 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (2 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (2 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JJP has done an amazing job with themes very few people care about. Imagine what they could do with an all time great theme. They would have sold 3x the number if TH or WOZ was an HP pin. Destroy the Horcruxes to get to Voldemort Wizard mode? Quidditch Multiball? Forget it, it would have been an instant classic.

I couldn't agree more. If they ever do a home run theme they would crush it. Potc and Toy Story are just ok

Like you said, Beatles, 007, Harry Potter etc

Theme matters a lot

And Tiger adds, Fast and Furious, Xmen all stars, Resident Evil, Guardians of Galaxy

Blade runner, Haunted House

Or go down with ship on Muppet type themes

#74 2 years ago

Nvm. Back to the Future

Semi lame but better than the other options discussed

#107 2 years ago

Talk of Muppets, Toy Story and Cars 3? That's the opposite of what JJP needs to do. Muppets is much worse than DI as a theme.

Family pins are fine, I have a few, get some killer adult themes in the mix.

Fast and Furious OR Cars 3? Come on!

Guardians of the Galaxy has both, is fresh, loaded with possibilities and would be a grand slam.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And GOTG too!?! Crap...
Oh well, at least it's being made. I hope Stern doesn't cookie cut from a layout of theirs I already have...

Rumor says it might be Elwin's Archer layout.

Would make sense because I don't think GOTG was in the mix at expo at all. Elvira, Iron Maiden and Pulp Fiction along with Star Wars at the time.

#130 2 years ago

How would JJP#4 get my $$$?

I would hardly call TWD and GB rehashed layouts.

#1. Drop the ridiculous 2500 LE strategy. It means nothing and is partly why you see THLE sit on the market for $6700 and dropping

If JJP thinks their pins are worth at least $1k above what Stern sells their pins for then at least make a collectible in the $10k range

3 versions at 250 each or something like it.

Why? Because DI has ZERO chance of holding its value or anywhere close to Nib at 2500 and JJP can run the production forever

If not, the collector in me will always wait

#2. Theme matters. Something adult

#3. Pat Lawlor layout on an adult theme

#4. Any other designer that brings something unique, ala Woz

My wallet is open and ready!

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You never know. If it is because of it not being a licensed theme I think MM and AFM show that game play is everything. If DI does well maybe Jack decides licensed themes is not always the way to go. Looking at my collection of games I love it is a 50/50 split.

I love my Lawlor RS, genius layout, and Whitewater

MM and AFM are great themes to me, maybe DI will click with the masses, who knows

The reason a DILE isn't going to hold value is because of the 2500 and potential other versions. Unless it just doesn't sell well and who wants that

I paid $6500 for my WozLE. That's probably about what I could get for it now, maybe a bit more

I want JJP to try and trick me into thinking I'm actually getting something limited. 2500 doesn't work and a lunch with Jack and Pat CE doesn't either

$12,500 is too much for a CE, especially when they still don't know exactly what you get

#140 2 years ago

Willy Wonka is another hugely successful slot machine

#142 2 years ago

How about a Beatles pin? That would have been a great JJP pin too. Music sells the shit out of it. Why not?

Looks like Kamikow scooped up that one

#155 2 years ago

Let's face it, if anybody would put some titties on the PF and back glass it would sell out.

I'm not talking about Big Juicy Melon titties I'm talking about real thing LCD style!!!

Where is that pin?

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's time for Suicide Girls!
They've got their own TV show!
They are loved by millions of women and men!
They are imperfectly perfect!
They already have dealings with the greatest rock band alive, The Dwarves!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suicide-girls-pinball-machine

That's what I'm talking about.

I'm liking a titty tatty fest

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As soon as the video screen hit Stern lines I've been saying "Gals Panic."
Sorry I guess that isn't JJp related.

There is all kinds of titty you can do with an LCD.

A Whole lot of Rosie was pretty damn cool on Ac/dc but i'd like to see Rosie bouncing it for real!

Come on Jack, give us some 27 inch screen titty!

#184 2 years ago

Mad Max #4

#185 2 years ago

Alfred Hitchcock theme

Suicide Squad

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am more excited to see what Eric comes up with for design than themes .

Isn't Eric the guy that fixed the Woz light board issues. Electrical engineer background?

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nah, if that never ending runway from a few movies back wasn't a shark jumping moment nothing will be. I mean seriously, the runway the jet was going down would have had to have been like 40 miles long. LOL

I was thinking of the car leaping from one building to the next in Dubai was the ultimate shark jumper

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't sweat it. You'll get your game by August, and the JJP game won't be announced until October. By the time it ships, you might be tired of your SW, so you can sell it and buy the JJP.

That's actually not a bad strategy Boobie!

Had to watch POTC yesterday at movies because GOTG was sold out.

Really hoping its NOT POTC, it was watchable but just tired and old, more of the same.

3 weeks later
#375 2 years ago

What's TNA?

Tits and ass?

I'll take one

#377 2 years ago

I think POTC should do well

Especially if Johnny Dipshit isn't in game

Edit: yes Tiger. Original Star Trek home run!

#409 2 years ago

I wish JJP would do the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Seriously though, Spooky should do it.

Silence of the Lambs.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter and Clarice!

I would put down fully paid $$ right now to get the first one off the line.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh on that flick...but I'd do Manhunter for sure!

The tooth fairy killer. Yep, but can't beat Hopkins as Hannibal. And Buffalo Bill and the night vision goggles in total darkness!

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha that's where we disagree...Cox was much better IMO. I didn't like Hopkins almost comedy approach to LecKtor.
But hey opinions are like pinball machines...pinside invented them.
Wait is that a saying?

Yeah that dude was hard core freaky. But Hopkins won an Oscar for that awesome performance.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

True Crime is all the rage now. A serial killer pin would rock. Manson Multiball.

Exactly what i was thinking. A serial killer all star pin. With the LCD now, how great could that be!

1 week later
#531 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

With all the good themes to chose from and they want to rehash an already done theme? Please noooo. Although it will probably be an awesome game anyway

I don't get rehashing a POTC theme either but they tried DI so anything is possible.

3 weeks later
#651 2 years ago

POTC by the new guy

Toy Story by Pat

1 week later
#689 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Did anyone even see that last one?

I was bored to tears one afternoon, nothing else on. Absolutely horrendous waste of time except for the bag of popcorn.

1 month later
#926 2 years ago

Are ya'll ready for this!

We will rock you!

Turn the lights down, introduce the players like they do at a basketball game

Get the music pumping in the room!!!!

Build the excitement. Overcoming the huge dork factor is important.

Then get us a beautiful stream. I was unsold last time from day one

SELL ME!

#979 2 years ago

1 year later.

I really glad JJP is giving us another option. Very interested.

#1060 2 years ago

What's the price increase gonna be?

I'm guessing $8300 for Reg and $9500 for LE

No CE

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that's a big jump for something already that high

That's a poke for sure

Stern is selling LEs for $8500, maybe JJP hikes the Reg up to that price point

They need to produce a real LE this time. Maybe 500?

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am selling my left nut to buy more games.

Might not be enough. Get the right one ready too

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm ready. If it's POTC "which i know it is" and it looks good, i will own it. Its got be be as fun as DILE if not way brother. Hope it looks and plays fantastic...

Say it ain't so Sky! You and BigD are in on POTC? I'm shocked

Looking forward to this reveal. This one is going to erase my disappointment from last year.

Got a feeling JJP #4 is going to be HUGE, major wow factor.

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Erase it until we see the price increase you predicted?
On principle and value it will be hard for many people to buy.
For JJP to overcome the debts they racked up forming the company and making WOZ, to get profitable it needs to be a marathon rather than a sprint.

Yep, key word, "marathon". I wasn't gonna mention the price increase but that would certainly temper the excitement level.

I hope they can announce #4 and start shipping it shortly thereafter. They can't keep doing the announce and wait 6 months to ship something. Jack always said he wants to time it out more like Stern.

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ice I hope it's good. If not, it will be a sad day Thursday.

I think its going to exceed expectations. Jack always talks about making the next game better than the last. I really do think this is going to deliver the wow factor from the get go.

New designer and a popular theme for the most part is exciting.

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

$8500, $9500, $12500

I knew it. What did I say

#1837 2 years ago

You can't get Ferrari for the price of a Chevy

Looks like they are trying to weed out the riff raff

This one I can get behind. Looks great!

#1853 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

In fairness he's kind of a main character.

And even though he's a POS I don't care that he's right there front and center, like you said, main character.

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I couldn't stay away from this thread until the stream started, lol. Game looks awesome and packed! Looking forward to hearing more about the games features tonight.

Lots of toys Panzer.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

OMG... This game is sick. I LOVE IT.. Deposit is down..

Gotta agree.

And say that despite the price they just stole the show at Expo!

#2370 2 years ago

Had a feeling Eric and team were going to crush this one. I was hoping for it and they honestly exceeded my expectations.

As a result I dropped my deposit in for a CE

Compared to every other release I can think of and have been a part of this one is by far the best overall from initial appearances

#2377 2 years ago

It was really good to see the Abess family there as part of the team and confirming the commitment to great pinball for a LONG TIME.

That's awesome. I'd say JJP is big time fortunate to have them in their corner.

#2413 2 years ago

Who knows how this whole pricing thing is gonna play out but JJP just sniped a bunch of LE sales from Stern

Based on how Stern has done in the past with LEs I'd say the upper end market is there to go get.

#2493 2 years ago

Have they shown the CE PF yet?

#2521 2 years ago

What does "tilt" mean?

I don't know what you guys are talking aboot

Is it when you slam your pin so hard the back legs pop off?

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm sure he's thinking the game looks nice. I'm sure he's also loving another jjp price increase which means sterns LE is the same price as a jjp base model.

That's why i predicted JJP would raise the base to $8500 and LE to $9500 (not really an LE)

Didn't release GOTG at Expo because Distros have too many SW's and BM66 in inventory.

I think Stern is gonna have to lower the "LE" number to actually sell them through. 200-300

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just finished watching the Pinball News interview with Eric and Jack. Here's a few notes regarding the SE to LE differences.
1. Doesn't come with invisiglass or shaker
2. Doesn't have the spinning guy on pops
3. White GI only on SE, no RGB GI
4. Doesn't have devils triangle mold
5. Doesn't have the star chart toy

It has more toys, that's all you need to know Panzer Don't overthink it.

#2634 2 years ago

JJP really needed to cover up that DI stink fest of a seller.

They hit a grand slam with POTC

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your joking right?I mean about Dialed In

Not one iota

If the several hundred that love it, great

But you've already seen orders on POTC explode, CE orders in the first day have exceeded the entire DICE sales

POTC is the JJP home run and Toy Story is next

DI will end up being a "non licensed" failed experiment, yet still overall JJP quality that nobody wants at that price

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Di is more loved now than you think ice..... its one the best shooting pins ever made and has lots of great/neat features... not to mention the code is excellent and getting better very soon. May not get alot love here on pinside but it does elsewhere.. trust me .

Well I'm thrilled with POTC and going by what i hear on DI sales.

I'm sure some will cancel BUT.....

Not saying the ugly duckling can't have its day in the sun for a bit

POTC is on another planet by comparison imo

Just JJP raising the bar substantially, and sales will tell the tale

They got me, and that ain't no small feat! I'm back on the train

And yes Odiner, I love/hate my BM66

#2710 2 years ago

I can attest to Joe working hard all weekend, I think he responded to my CE request around 3 am after the reveal!

Looking forward to it

#2713 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I chose both......
Ice will never see the light on Dialed In - the theme is far too modern for him. Now if it was called Mailed In he would be all over it.
Dialed in is f*n awesome.

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

160 CE were sold by Sat night.

Yep, no surprise here.

People like myself were having pent up JJP demand after DI Put my deposit down Friday night

Crazy $$, no doubt. Guessing that many people will stick by the time they ship next summer. Maybe sell it out?

#2824 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

your spot on....2500 units on DI LE is not really that Limited that being said there was value moving to the LE versus the standard. At least thats how I saw it...blue trim, invisiglass, LED on ramps, printed manual, external volume head jack...I felt it was worth the extra $1K

ya think? 2500 of anything is NOT limited. It's a F ing JOKE. It will be years before they actually sell that many though.

Potc and Toy Story will swamp DI. The CE is the LE.

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Who cares about the limited bs.... buy the best model with the best value and the le of jjp is worth it over the standard imo. Add up the differences and it works..... sterns not so much any more.

Does it value difference work on the CE I'm buying BigD?

How about selling and "LE" that's not limited on the secondary market? Or the CE?

Who cares about any of it, buy what you like, you will LOSE $$$ when you go to sell it if you do

If you can't stand losing $2k-$3K then don't buy it because that's what's gonna happen

Pinball is supposed to be FUN!!!

Does anybody think that Jack is trying to extract every last $$$ out of our pockets? Of course he is.

When they get smarter they will make smaller runs of LE's with different amounts and stick to it like they did with RRWOZ and Broken Arrow or whatever it is with TH.

DI sales are being crushed by POTC thankfully

#2893 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually not sold just a refundable deposit put down .... big difference. Will see how many are still in when its time to fork over 12 k more in 8 -10 month's with the multiple new cheaper releases coming out beforehand. Im betting many back out of this and the le .....

That would be fine by me. But this isn't DI where they sold a handful of CE's by comparison.

There will always be dropouts AND there will be newcomers as well. Depends on how well its actually received.

Think about the piling in on the BM66SLE.

Who knows what else will come out by next summer, that's why i wish JJP would be able to announce and get these pins out much quicker.

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wld guess 2 or 3 new stern pins , a cgc remake and a spooky title will be released at least by the time the ce starts shipping.... and probably the le also.

that would be

GOTG
Iron Maiden
Dead Pool or Pulp Fiction?
Monster Bash
Alice Cooper

Plus Alien shipping in quantity

Houdini
TNA

That's a lot of $$$ sucked out of the pool, unless people actually follow through on not buying Stern Nib

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Iceman.

Interesting, I would like to see the data on that.

Well it's coming straight from the distributors comments

I'd say that's pretty exciting for them and JJP

#2917 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't believe there are enough people willing to pay $9500 for POTC LE for it to exceed WOZ sales which are likely around 3000 to 3500.
If they drop the price on POTC LE after the initial excitement orders are delivered then maybe they can get 3000 or so sales.

We paid $6500 for Woz and that felt like stupid $$$ back then

This time you also have the secondary market factor where people will be able to pick them up for a couple grand less

Gonna be really interesting

#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Unless something has changed from the Texas Pinball festival in March Pulp Fiction is not happening, the Miramax license holders are dicks.

That sucks! Oh well, onto the next theme for Mark Ritchie

Quoted from PtownPin:

I find this hard to believe...have you polled all the distributors...mines says thats not true, and he's one of the largest JJP distributors...either way it really doesn't matter...

The two largest JJP distros have both commented on their sales of the CE. One said they sold more POTC CE's in one day than all of DI total.

That's a great thing for JJP. Granted, these are just deposits but it shows the reveal excitement around this title.

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did anyone take video of the jPotC "boat in a bottle" topper? At the reveal Eric kind of motioned to it, but the camera was on the other side of the room and you really couldn't see it at all.

its on pinballstar fb page

#2963 1 year ago

NP is from Cali. It's what they expect out there

Take it easy on the poor guy!

1 month later
#3096 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That said, I really hope Keefer can get this code at a more complete state than he did for WOZ and Hobbit.

Do you not think Woz is deep and complete SKB? I haven't honestly played mine enough on the newer code to know.

As for the POTCCE i'm getting, the only issue i have with it right now is the METAL right ramp. It looks so out of place, I'm assuming artwork will at least cover it up.

1 month later
#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Multiple strategies and different ways to tackle the game with differentiating mini wizard modes is what I’m hoping for.

Likewise. And it looks to be set up that way with the character selection menu for starters.

Just like Lyman, who has made BM66 fantastic, Keith crushing it is a given with this layout and theme especially.

I'd like to see some "minor villain" esque type modes, mb's and mini wizards.

As for when I get my CE, doesn't matter, I developed patience with Woz.

I agree with ltd73, if this isn't the best game of 2018 I'd love to see what will be!

4 weeks later
#3227 1 year ago

Awesome review SDTM!

Man the details on this pin are amazing.

Love the shots and diverters

Cannon shot

#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

This.... and on top of that. mini playfields needs to be interesting and fun to play. Most of them are as boring as hell. Black hole still has the best miniplayfield..... step up please, .

The rocking ship is the most innovative mini pf maybe ever.

And the Woz mini's are as good as it gets too.

I say fantastic job on implementing the minis! Spice of life

#3277 1 year ago

Man i just watched the second half of the SDTM stream with Keith yesterday and he was walking through all of the things David just mentioned.

It sounds unbelievable! I like Keith's rationale on code, he started deep games with TSPP because he didn't want to get tired of playing the pin himself. Very selfish Keith but thanks!

So if he creates Potc code to where he will never get tired of it can you imagine how deep it is for mere mortal normal players

Watching the streams AFTER watching the SDTM interview makes it 10x better because you have some idea as to what's going on.

#3305 1 year ago

No BM66 has the best video integration and it’s not even close. Throw in call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward and it’s what everybody seems to want every time a pin is released

As for Potc. I don’t really care about the video. The movies sucked except the first one and anything that gets put up on the screen will be cool

And I’m getting a CE so I don’t have to look at Depp, besides the fact that the topper is awesome!

#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I wish I could get one but the the wife would really de-nut me! Even though they are really already in her purse

You have to be sneaky!

She always tells me, “bought this or that on sale”, or “it was for the kids and not me”

Whatever, I see lots of card swiping so I give up on that front with 3 girls and they leave me alone about pinball

Happy wife happy life

#3355 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So on one hand you love BM66 because it has the best video integration of any pin and on the other you love Pirates because it has no chance of ever having the best video integration of any pin despite having a 27” tv in there?

Yeah it’s weird I know

Potc doesn’t need the characters and movie clips for me because the films sucked. BM66 def does. I’d buy Potc without video but BM66 couldn’t survive without it. And it’s great btw

1 week later
#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any interesting information out of TPF from JJP regarding POTC?

Lots of toys.

#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow thats disappointing.... ill be getting my deposit back more than likely and buying other stuff in the meantime. They are gonna lose some sales bc of the slow rollout no doubt.

But you had to know what was going to happen BigD?

Never been able to count on timelines at JJP, instead of years we are down to several months delay.

I doubt I see my CE before Expo but I'm still keeping it and fully expected it to be further delayed. There is a lot of moving parts on that PF and things to tweak.

I'm ok with it, if it comes earlier, great!

1 week later
#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

I went to Abel Electronics to try out JJP POTC (Thanks for the email Glenn). As background I own quite a few machines and my instincts are usually spot on in my first 30 minutes of trying out a machine. I have to say I really like the potential of this game. It has the toys I love! Best since MM (except for the crane in BDK). Ton's of shots! Shots felt smooth and satisfying. Seriously considering this one. This is the best feeling game I have played by JJP. WOZ the prettiest, Dialed In has nice shots and flow but theme is a turn off (It would be great if they re-themed that layout). May have to make room in the game room!
One request make the ship in the bottle topper available for purchase. CE barnacles quite frankly ruin it for the CE (Great topper though)

CE topper NOT happening for purchase per Jack. One of the greatest toys ever!

Love the barnacles

#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

They would make more money selling the Topper separately than the money they make off the CE. It would be a profit mistake if they didn't sell it separately.

They wouldn’t sell a single CE. That the whole point. It’s a “collectors edition”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside