New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 191281)

Jjp 4- pirates of the Caribbean

By Georgeh

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (3 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (3 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2076 3 years ago

Incredible! This looks to be it for me.

I previously had a POTC on my wish list, delete... TH or GB PRE/LE most recently... delete.

There is going to be a serious influx of pins for sale.

1 week later
#2967 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If POTC is well received... they're will be no reason to make other editions... except like in the RR case where years later you may want to 'reboot' an existing design.

I love my WOZECLE, it was the colour that drew me to it. Not a fan of the RR but it is bomb for some...

I am trying to plan for a POTCLE, my only gripe is the lackluster black powder coat! This is the one disappointment after comparing the three previous titles and the hardware options provided. The LE will run $13K minimum CDN. WTF is with the stock black pc?

Does anyone know if the side rails are easily removed or are they taped on?

2 months later
#3138 2 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

I saw a video of the spinning disc in jacks hand will uou be able to adjust its height be able to fit a playfield protector on and be level with the protector

Amen!

I have posted regarding this exact concern. The disc assembly rocks as the ball(s) go over and I have serious concern regarding the PF edge of that large hole. If this is adjustable that is perfect, next question is who will make a protector and what will it look like? I think that it might need the edge and top how easy is that to make? The art that outlines the hole might lend itself well for a border or guide for this.

2 months later
#3422 2 years ago

I have to say, I was quite surprised by FlippyD's 'matter of fact' post on the ability and ease of changing out audio. From what I recall reading, this is not an option and that the SSD might be encrypted. I don't know if thats is true or not however.

This being said, it would be neat if there was some flexibility with the music but this would not have any weight in a decision to buy it.

On the topic of audio, oddly enough the one series of call out that has disappointed me on POTC so far is for multiball. They are all just spoken. I love the WOZ EC multiball call out, far more exciting!

#3426 2 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I was just thinking back to the GOTG thread where everyone was happy just to get any callouts at all.

Yes, I suppose that this is all relative.

First world problems...

My question is 'when can I get mine?'. I've been holding out for an update from this weekend's show in Texas. I certainly hope that they are going to be close to their 'end of Q1' prediction. I would be ecstatic with a delivery in Q2!

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Didn’t watch yet. Were they more relevant to the chapter/movie you were playing and what was going on in game or just generic clips?

Yes more relevant, from what I could see.

#3434 2 years ago

Did JJP have a seminar or some type of group discussion at the Texas show? Was there any mention of time-line for release? (Yes I am completely impatient on this, just wanting to know more

#3440 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Shipping early summer was what Jack announced.

July-ish? Damn.

Thanks for responding!

#3442 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I was originally thinking DI until I saw the reveal for JJPOTC, and then that one had me drooling. Of course, one I could get sooner, and the other one would need to wait for.

Not sure what the second hand market is like for DI where you are but there are zero here. So... you could buy a DI now, enjoy it until POTC comes out, sell the DI and get you POTC

If we are waiting until summer, the earliest I would expect, then might as well get some play time in!

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I knew it wldnt be ready 1st quarter of this year.....

I was certainly hoping as they have had 3 great pins ahead of it and I expected that Jack and Team would have a better idea of turn-around from a production perspective, knowing that it doesn't have to ship with full code.

What doesn't seem to jive is that the Jack or someone at JJP said Q1 (let's even say end of) then recently it is said that Jack says that 'they are on schedule' (hear say I know) yet we seem to be talking Q3 now.

Bummer as I would have bought something else to tie me over but I'm locked up on this now. Oh well, here is hoping for a turn of events on production...

#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Can't make enough compliments regarding the sculpts that I noticed at TPF.
In particular, the ship lights on the upper playfield and the dark eerie flicker they evoked.

Does anyone have an idea of how the LEDs in these lanterns can be replaced?

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

The apron decal is hopefully not your final decision, that does not fit the Potc and looks bad.
The Disc is loud, i Hope you reduce the noise.

I agree, the apron decal definitely seems out of sorts; muted and boring. I would think that might change (come on Jack, throw us a RAD CAL apron decal bone here) but if not there will be plenty of after-market ones. Although it would be nice to not have to buy that extra.

Regarding the disc noise, the claim is that they are working on the chest and disc so that might be on the 'things to look at' list.

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Now, just to convince my wife that this is the next machine we need... As she is a firm Johnny Depp hater, which is one big thing that is not in my favor on this deal...hahaha.

Argh! easily solved... the CE awaits!

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

CE barnacles quite frankly ruin it for the CE (Great topper though)

I like the ones on the hinge but the rest seem out of place. I believe that someone said that the final product will be fully covered; rails etc... that might be cool!

#3576 2 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Yep huge mistake to ruin the specialness of the CE by selling parts separately.

Save that for LE#2 or CE#2

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sld b mylar over in that area bc of the pops

I've mentioned somewhere here but my main concern is the disc hole in the playfield and possible/likely wear.

It has been said that the disc mech height will be adjustable (by Eric if I recall) and there is enough space for a protector of some sort. This would be a unique protector if made in stainless as I think that you would want a top and front edge and thin enough. Another option by be a carbon fiber ring, like Clifty has for Metallica and WOZ. The problem to me would be that I would want to see the burned trim art of the hole. Regardless, it would not be cool to have wear around that hole!

Any word on PF protectors of any sort installed at JJP?

6 months later
#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

It was me that factually stated a conversation that I had with Butch. He was super gracious to talk with me for a while. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers at JJP by sharing it. I wasn't trying to break a story, but just help people with their expectations. The truth is that Jack said at TPF that it would ship by the end of summer. So it's not like this was a big secret. The reason JJP hasn't given another update is because it appears that is still the timeframe they are operating in.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/70#post-4290782

Looks like you were right by quoting Jack and Jack was bang on by saying end of summer to 'start' shipping. We are fall now and really only starting to see pins in homes in the last week-ish.

I will be enjoying mine when it arrives in a couple of weeks and not be following the next release(s) of any manufacturer so closely. It has been a long year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
14,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Houston, TX
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside