EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#886 6 years ago

Potc or toy story are fine themes but the most important is gameplay/layout and what there is on the playfield, toys that interacts with ball. Finally, DI does not have any toy that interacts with ball (If i'm not wrong) and theme is lame
I hope to find soon a keeper from JJP.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hoping there is only one model and they get rid of the collectors edition and limited edition and only offer one version

Why? Do you care about these editions? No. So?
Let people spend More money for some extras and other to buy at cheapest cost first and upgrade later.

#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm struggling at the $8-9k price now to. I've done it twice with jjp. Now, jjp games are far superior quality, detail, and coding so I see the value compared to a Stern premium/le, but I just can't keep up. Of course I want them all and assuming both pirates and toy story are next, I'll want both. I'll have to start selling, and I don't have anything I'm ready to part with. I'm hoping the market remains for these high end machines, but I personally can't keep up. I was still considering a SW premium, but with all the qc problems and node board design, I'm really looking at jjp4 as one last game instead. Confidently Hoping it's epic.

So just go to the best deal in pinball, the second market with huo.

#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I agree 100%. Huo is definitely the best way to go. That said, people still have to buy nib to keep these companies going. I only buy a nib game that is a strong theme/game that my family will really want. I tend to not sell my games, so I buy long term. I would have definitely saved a few thousand total if I had bought my nib purchases used instead. Even then though, I personally can't keep up with huo prices even, and that's probably true for most people here. If I'm not willing to part with a game, then I'm stuck with where I'm at. Not a serious deal in the big picture, but jjp games new or used are still expensive. Beautiful kick ass games, but still expensive. Definitely waiting to see where the huo Di games price out at in next year or so.

You couldn’t know by advance. Less NIB doesn’t mean death of the manufacturer for sure. the company can restructure and/or review its business strategy as selling cheaper to boost sales. All depend on the behavior of the shareholders and their vision of short-term and long-term business. Do they want to make quickly more money as possible?
Prices are crazy now. SW LE is between 10500-11000€ here! Just calculate what it does in dollar!
Who can follow that prices? Second market is not really a choice, it is a duress, even one or 2 years later.

#2276 6 years ago

Wake up, he has already sold it.

Jjp took the challenge to make another POTC pin and could not take the risk to make it less good then Stern. The game looks awesome and i m sure it will weight as heavy as WOZ! Jjp won the challenge! In some aspect ( cosmetic) this game feels as woz.
so now stern and jjp are clearly not in the same category, jjp is the roll Royce of pinball. They have a different vision of the industry...and so The pinball expérience is way different for the player.
However I still like some Stern designer and coder like Borg and lyman. In that way, I will still be a fan of their game.
The risk is that some stern designer/programmer decide to work for jjp in time if they feel curbed in their work. Jjp seems to give the time and means to make a great job

#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The lack of actual actors voices for these licensed themed pins is damn near criminal.

A commercial nonsense, a big disappointment for potential buyer.

#2676 6 years ago

What about video clip?

#2678 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

So true.
That is exactly why I spent $9000 on a Dialed In le & have a deposit on a POTC le, instead of $5500 or $7500 on a Star Wars.
The value in my mind was very clear. I'm getting way more value for my NIB $ on a JJP title, even though I'm spending more $.
At the $5500-$7500 price range, I'm buying HUO quality Stern's(LOTR, TSPP, IM, etc.) & Bally/Williams title's, not NIB Stern's, they are a joke.

It has also all its meaning as jjp games loose much less money in the second market then Stern.

1 month later
#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

It is just a little frustrating that no matter what I do it will be rejected because it is not the music from the film. I get it. I am a big fan of several of the Klaus Badelt music cues from the first movie.

ddt

the imprint of the original music in the consciousnesses is such that it will be indeed difficult to erase the small disappointment of not having it.
it does not detract from the quality of your work

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Exactly. I'm more concerned/curious on the direction Keefer takes the ruleset. He's a genius and I have no doubt he'll deliver something special; and i really look forward to seeing his stacking rules in this game. But, rewatching videos; it seems almost everyone was shooting the ball up the middle or onto the black pearl pf. It really made the game look limited in shots. Hoping Keith can spread out the shots nicely. Also, I like the black pearl mini pf, but I am concerned to how it feels in person - with every ramp shot feeding that pf, I hope it doesn't feel like TFLE or too monotonous. Wife really wants this pin. Overall, I think jjp has a real winner here.

This game feels like Woz. For my taste, no winner (but not a looser either)
All the vids shows the same to shoot on this mini playfield. It feels monotonous as you said, boring.
The 2 ramps are slow ones as one is feeding the mini playfield and other a « whirlpool » (but I like the diverter In ramp)

#3101 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I definitely will need to play before I buy; but I’m a huge fan of WOZ. I owned it for a few months on finished code - it’s definitely a contender for my personal top 5 of all pins. I get surprised when I hear people don’t like it who have a lot of plays on it and the typical answer I get when I ask them why is that they had owned it on the early stages. So they never got to really see what this pin can do unfortunately.

not necessary.
it is just about personal taste. i prefer shorter ball time (tougher technically, brutal but come into the gameplay heart quicker). Woz is really stunning pin with awesome lightshow but much longer to get into it.
i don't know why but if you like Woz i'm sure you would like POTC2 too

2 weeks later
#3129 6 years ago

Who have spent some hours of game on it?
It is said you never play the same game as there are billion of combinations.
Ok there are over 20 characters to pick but there is only one layout playfield.
It is like ST which gameplay has been extended with an iteration of same shots, mods feel the same in my opinion.
If each potc game feels very different to each other, it could be the best game to come (otherwise it would feel repetitive)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.