EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3565 6 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Not feeling the spinning disks as much as I would like. In addition to being loud they to not seem to affect ball path that much (or on games I watched) - ball seems to power through them. However love the concept of them.
Liked when the ball would disappear and come out of a different area - added some suspense.

Played this game a fair amount at the Texas pinball Festival. I really liked this game alot. The three machines that they had there were prototypes. I had the chance to talk to Eric at the festival. He says that he agrees that the disks were a bit loud, and that the crew at JJ are working to dim the sound of those discs on final production games. There were a few ball catches on the pfs at the TPF. He says that he has made some tweaks on the pf itself for the production games to prevent further ball catches. Personally, I really liked the movie scene clips that they chose. The scenes were interesting and somewhat ambiguous, keeping the pirate-theme a little less devoted to the actual Pirates of the Caribbean movie and more supporting just a good pirate-themed game, which I actually thought was awesome. The upper pf I thought was a lot of fun. Certainly one of the more interesting upper pfs I have had the chance to play. The lights and sounds in this game were fantastic. I also like their use of the lockdown bar button to collect gold. Also a fun sound that it makes when you're collecting those gold pieces. All in all, I really thought this game was very unique and unlike any of the other machines out there these days. Certainly a game I am considering paying the steep price that they're asking to bring er on home. Now, just to convince my wife that this is the next machine we need... As she is a firm Johnny Depp hater, which is one big thing that is not in my favor on this deal...hahaha.

#3583 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On the most recent Straight Down the Middle YouTube episode Greg and Zach mentioned that at TPF they learned that on the CE the entire armor would be encased in barnacles for production games. Sounds like there's at least a few things changing between now and production games. On an earlier episode they mentioned something about sails on the Black Pearl for production games that are currently not on prototypes. We also have yet to see the LE topper.

At TPF I as well heard that production models of the CE games will have the apron completely covered in Barnacles, not just sporadically placed as it's been shown recently on the prototypes. In addition, at TPF Eric told me that the maelstrom funnel bucket thing is going to be made clear on all of the production games, unlike the hazy blue color that it is now. I think either would be cool, but I sort of like the hazy blue colored that it now in my opinion.

That's an interesting question by Mr-Worf regarding protection of the pf to the right side of the upper Black Pearl pf. That is about a ~4" drop for a steel ball. I did not think to look at the pf at that angle, even though the pf was lifted up a couple times at TPF. Just didn't think about it, but good question.

#3613 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I believe you guys are confusing the apron with the armor. I have heard nothing (ever) of there being barnacles on the arpon.

Correct..armor, not apron. That was my mistyping. It will be interesting to see the armor completely covered in those barnacles. I wonder when they will release any pictures of that. Personally, I thought those barnicles looked the best surrounding the center lockdown bar button.

1 week later
#3674 6 years ago

Also in the update the chest mod is affected...
The chest stays open and does not close...for those who have played it, or has seen the streams of play, that now eliminates the cool sound and effect of the chest closing when you lock a ball. That was actually a really cool overall effect and worked well along the vibe of the game. That really stinks.
I haven't already pre-ordered, but I have been mosts seriously considering this game and getting on board. And now, also subtract the inventive three spinning discs, which I did have the opportunity to play with at TPF (granted, while they were functional), and bring it down to a single whilwind wheel, adds a big stink to what was a really inventive game that stood alone. So now it's a rocking upper playfield that can shoot the ship in the back left at the tune of 9500 for an LE. Man, I really really really wanted to be all over this game...I agree with those who are expressing disappointment, and agree with others who have stated (before this recent update) that I would rather they take their time and release when it's done, complete and ready for play, even if release is delayed a bit.
I agree that the software and animations are great, but come on JJP, don't give up, just take the time you need to finalize these custom mods, which is the special touches that separate the company from the rest of the makers...that's what we are paying a premium for as well, right?

4 weeks later
#3737 5 years ago

I posted the below on the JJPOTC production post as well. Not hating on anything, just wanted to express my interpretation of the recent Center disk mechanism activity that has been shown on the last two live streams.

For those who are excited about this game, believe me I am too.

Also, for those who previously had enjoyed the three separate spinning disks, especially if you had a chance to play them while they were functional, which I did at the Texas pinball Festival, the effect was really, really, really cool.

However, as excited as I am for this game, and will still probably get it no matter what, I have to say that while the new live streams showing the new single disc are demonstrating what I assume is their new concept for how they want it to work moving forward... the way that they have it starting, stopping, going one way briefly, stopping, inch, stop, inch, inch stop the other way, I have to say this: If the three spinning disks was a potentially bad long-term mechanism, when I see the new disc spinning in that kind of puttering fashion, it also looks like a broken mech, right off the bat. I'm sorry, but that's how it looks.
In checking out the newest streams, I would think anyone would agree.
Look, I'm just the little guy, the customer that loves to play Pinball, and one of many that's probably about to somehow shell out a mint for this bad boy, but I'd think something has got to change so it doesn't look like it's just constantly struggling, which frankly, it does.

...But the way that it putters one way, stops, struggle putters the other way, inch, inch stop, etc. ...or if not puttering, it's just still...man, for both of those new streams, it does not look like a adequately functioning mechanism, certainly doesn't look awesome, and no one seems to be enjoying it specifically, did you notice that?...and this time, by design?

Again, I know that is how they are coding it and designing it, but that's just not how it looks. I think that anyone stepping up to that game for the first time and seeing the disc spinning the way they have shown it on these last two streams, they would think that that mechanism was not working right, and maybe they would just be too polite to say anything. I may be alone in this interpretation, but probably not.

No matter what, I think it's a cool game, I think all in all they've done and are doing a really cool job with a really cool theme, it looks awesome, I know I'm probably going to get it, a sweet Pirate game, I mean come on, yeah of course we're all interested in that... I just had to say this, cuz I bet that there's other people thinking the same thing. And I absolutely agree with those people who have posted that the current design at that Center disc area could be much improved upon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chipscott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.