EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 6 years ago

http://www.spookypinball.com/http:/spookypinball.com/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-82/

Here is the interview he did with spooky a couple months ago. Explains his background and current status at jjp.

2 months later
#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

30 Days?! Man, that's coming up fast!
I've played it. It's pretty sweet.

Ha!

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That seems like a bad idea - why put DI sales at risk by announcing the next title 6 months in advance? Just announce it just before production.

who says they are not? reveal to production time has dropped dramatically between Hobbit to Dialed in. maybe they are looking at a reveal and then production "soon" afterward.

disclaimer: while i am a distributor (and the brother of the designer) i have no actual knowledge on this. i am just speculating that maybe they are getting faster at getting to production.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm excited for either potc, or toy story. I think both could be great, unique, and have a sweet playfield. Can't wait until expo.

me either. i think (as brother to the designer) it is a lot of fun and people will like.

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Can you at least confirm if it is?

it is...

... a pinball game.

sorry, that's as far as i can go. my brother's trust and my integrity are at stake here. we are not that far out from the reveal.

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I figured but a girl can dream, right? I hope you convinced him to make that Superman pin!

We'll see.

3 weeks later
#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR will be at the pre-reveal and the public reveal tomorrow at Expo... Check out our FB page - PinballSTAR Amusements for all the videos and pictures we will get... We always have a lot of the info on FB with game reveals...
We'll be taking orders for JJP# 4 tomorrow - email us if you want to get on our email blast list where we'll send out all the info to those interested, ordering info... Get to the front of the line by ordering early - we are one of JJP's largest distributors and will have plenty of games ordered on day 1.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

Oh, I want to play along.

Order from KingPin Games and get the absolute closest line possible to the game designer. No distributor is closer than we are. Eric is my younger brother. Not going to get much closer than that.

In all seriousness, order from whomever you feel most comfortable with. Whomever is going to give you the best "deal" (cost, support after the sale, follow up calls, etc). No matter where you get this game you will receive an amazing machine with wonderful service staff to help if there are any issues.

Show JJP they were right to bring in new blood to the designer rehlm. So excited to let the world see this. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

#2290 6 years ago

I haven't has time to read through the 868 new posts that appeared since my last check in (10 hours ago) but from everyone (everyone!) I have spoken with so far tonight, they are blown away. It is so wonderful to hear all the positive and exciting people looking over the games and playing them.

Games start shipping q1 2018. Call your favorite distributor (or call a different one) and get on this.

One of the best reveals ever (and yes, I'm could be bias, but I don't think I'm wrong) for a pinball game.

So proud to be part of this amazing company. So proud of my brother and the many, many people that are involved with making something like this game happen.

Thank you to all for making this night so great!

Sincerely

Christopher
Happy older brother to the designer.

#2631 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Just looking at the std vs le
Looks like besides the armour, the star lights, rock plastics on the left and spinning guy on the pops is whats missing from the standard?

Invisiglass
Shaker
External headphone jack
Powder coat
Spinning pirate bumper
Left wire for cave
Constellation panel
Acrylic topper
Target decals
RGB gi

#2761 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Too bad Johnny Depp doesn't have a brother... LOL
No one has seemed to answer is there a pinball browser like program that works with JJP?

nothing that i am aware of. the hard drives are locked down pretty tight i believe.

#2864 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It's kind of bugging me that JJP is calling the LE version a Limited Edition. I know that sounds silly, but it's not limited. More of like a Stern Premium which they will make as many as the market bares....just sayin.

Think of it more as a package. My Dodge pickup is a "limited edition", so is my Harley motorcycle. Neither one of them are limited in numbers, but instead, it is a predetermined set of options that are included in the "limited edition" package.

I know is the word "limited" means it should be a certain number, but in this context, I think it refers more to package level.

Hope that helps... a little.

#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't be so sure about that. Couple people around here are having to jump through hoops to get things wrong with their games remedied.

I don't recall any of them purchasing from me though. Maybe that is something to think about. Find a distributor to back you when (if) you need it.

2 weeks later
#3031 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yeah but can you get the JJPOTC CE cabinet decals on the other models, SE and LE, is my question. Llyod?

As far as i am aware, you can only get the CE art on the CE machine. The RadCals on the SE and LE will be the SE and LE art.

2 weeks later
#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

And, this is going to be the problem. For a lot of people who think they are getting a POTC machine with no POTC music, no Johnny Depp, no Geoffrey Rush, this could be a real disappointment.

Sorry, but as a distributor I can tell you that this statement applies to you and maybe a small group, but not a lot.

2 months later
#3168 6 years ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257. Go over and check it out. After you get done call your local distributor (or one that you like to deal with) and get all your questions answered.

Before it is asked, no i do not have an idea on when shipping will begin.

Let me know what you think of the game!

#3181 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

ltd73 you are really making me want to put a deposit down. It is refundable so little risk. Recent thread suggested it over Alien, Houdini and TBL for next new pin purchase. I am pretty much onboard, just waiting to see these finalized and then to find one to play. On the other hand I could wait til then and add six months before moving ahead. Then try to catch a HUO sale. Might not have the patience for that, so I could be in the market for a JJPOTC sooner than planned.

If you're coming to tpf stop in the booth. You can talk to my brother (designer) about the game, Jack about the comany and myself abut the purchase. Everything you need in one booth.

3 weeks later
#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone know where can find the video play and who did it?

video was done by JJP. People playing the game

Eric Meunier (designer)
Keith Johnson (programmer)
Joe Katz (programmer)

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Long playing games are not good for multi-player games. LOTR, TH, TSPP: all terrible multi-player games. IM, BSD, FT: all awesome multi-player game.
This appears to be a game with longer ball times.

I would disagree with this. The ball times SEEM long because you have 3 top players (that designed, built and programmed the game) playing it. I am by no means a great player (maybe good) and my average ball time seems to be in the 1-2 minute time frame, making a game 3-4 minutes. Could that change once I learn more about the game, surely? Make sure you get a chance to play it when you can and then let us know if you still feel the same.

1 week later
#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's...random. What's it doing at LAX?

it is in reference to the Louisville Arcade Expo (LAX), not the airport. I always have to look at it twice too.

2 weeks later
#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I played Pirates many times during TPF and was blown away by it, as was my wife. This game has so much going on and is so well integrated into the whole pirate experience. Tons of fun and I just kept coming back for more despite the three games having consistently long lines.
We spoke with all the JJP folks and with Christopher from KingPin Games and ordered an LE from him. I think it is a hidden blessing that they did not get the rights to unlimited movie clips. Instead, JJP got very creative in producing screen content that is useful to the shooter and not just entertaining for bystanders. They have found a way to use this and the small compass screen below the flippers to guide you through an immense game. The fun level is unbelievable!

Thanks for stopping by and talking with all of us. The response from TPF was amazing!

1 week later
#3601 6 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

At TPF I as well heard that production models of the CE games will have the apron completely covered in Barnacles, not just sporadically placed as it's been shown recently on the prototypes. In addition, at TPF Eric told me that the maelstrom funnel bucket thing is going to be made clear on all of the production games, unlike the hazy blue color that it is now. I think either would be cool, but I sort of like the hazy blue colored that it now in my opinion.
That's an interesting question by Mr-Worf regarding protection of the pf to the right side of the upper Black Pearl pf. That is about a ~4" drop for a steel ball. I did not think to look at the pf at that angle, even though the pf was lifted up a couple times at TPF. Just didn't think about it, but good question.

I believe you guys are confusing the apron with the armor. I have heard nothing (ever) of there being barnacles on the arpon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=KingPinGames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.