EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hogbog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

So with About 30 days to go before JJp4 is supposed to be unveiled, does anyone have more info on this game or heavens forbid actually played it?

30 Days?! Man, that's coming up fast!

I've played it. It's pretty sweet.

3 weeks later
#993 6 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

What is the new game already!

One more week! Hope you guys are as excited as I am.

1 week later
#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

late on this but the designer of JJP4 is brand new / never made a game before?

Technically, yes. But, I've been in the gaming industry for over 25 years now(I'm 29). My dad started a route operation when I was around 3, and I was repairing games for him since the age of 7. Age of 12, every weekend, night, and summer was working for him repairing games in the shop and 100+ accounts we had around the Wisconsin Dells. I got an Electrical Engineering Degree and Mechanical Engineering Masters from UW Madison, and I've been working for JJP for 5 years now as the Electrical Engineer. I'm a decent player, and know pinball from many aspects (Operator, Collector, Tournament Player, Manufacturer, and now, Designer).

Can't wait to show you guys the game tomorrow! Hope to see most of you there. Some of you guys....not so sure about

Cheers,

Eric

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

OK, so my kid wants to be an EE or ME. He is considering UW Madison, Purdue, GT, U of I, and now added U of Min. He has been leaning towards Purdue. What would you say is a good reason to consider UW Madison? I always find asking alum of schools this question very informative. You get perspectives you don't get from visits and such.
Btw, good luck with the unveiling. It has been a blast to watch the progression of JJP. It really has changed the pinball industry.

I'm a bit short on time today, but I would love to tell you and your son all about UW. If I don't get back to you within the next week, please PM me.

#2326 6 years ago

So, what do you guys really think?

So glad I got to share my game with everyone last night. It's a challenge all in itself to design a game and need to keep It secret from all of your pinball pals for so long. It is a monumental effort to get a game up and running from a concept, and I would like to thank the rest of my team here. Dan, Yolanda, and Wally (Mechanical Engineers), Tony(Electronics), Keith, Joe,JT, and Ted(Software), Mike &Fernando (Purchasing/BOM support), Jean Paul(Animations), JZ(Art), Matt and Dave(sculptures) and our entire crew in NJ! These are the people who took some crazy ideas and turned them into a reality.

Can't wait to hear from all of you, and meet you guys at the shows. Thanks for all the love!

Eric

1 month later
#3100 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you not think Woz is deep and complete SKB? I haven't honestly played mine enough on the newer code to know.
As for the POTCCE i'm getting, the only issue i have with it right now is the METAL right ramp. It looks so out of place, I'm assuming artwork will at least cover it up.

Good thing the right ramp is plastic then, huh?...What makes you think it's metal?

2 months later
#3190 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You guys twisted my arm enough ... didn't take much to nudge me. I mentioned it to my wife and now I have to find a hotel in the area as we are going to turn it into an "adventure" for the night. Maybe Kieth or Eric will show up to check on it and explain the game play a bit. I wont hold my breath on that though. My wife (& I) have this pin on our radar, currently a "maybe", so this might help us to make a decision. A good side "adventure".

I'll be there. Planning a little launch party that night.

Cheers,

Eric

1 week later
#3208 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I'll be there. Planning a little launch party that night.
Cheers,
Eric

Hey guys, sorry, but I had to push this back until March. I'll still be there on Friday afternoon for some time (2-4?) if anyone wants to come hang out.

1 month later
#3560 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Thank you. BTW stopped at Level 257 at lunch to play some Pirates today, it was down.

Yeah, some ass hat ripped of my left flipper button. Its up and working now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hogbog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=Hogbog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.