FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 76.
#351 6 years ago

visi0n I was just going to say, I read an article the other day about making the POTC attraction more friendly to the PC culture of 2017. Need to make sure no one gets triggered at DisneyWorld!

#352 6 years ago

What a joke. The ride is supposed tb be about times gone by. Not the over homogenized times we live in now. Guess we should give Disney props for leaving it as it was for so long.

#353 6 years ago

I got 2 superman pins I'm looking to trade for 2 hot wives. they must work good together though!

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm picturing two ships one on each side of playfield. One a Canon to load and fire at other ship. Maybe magnets underneath playfield controlling ball like Blackbeard could do. Lots of great potential. I like the stern potc, but not enough to own it. Potc is a big theme in our house, so I'm definitely excited to see it.

Are we even sure that it is PotC?

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Its all still speculation.

#356 6 years ago

Its POTC. I have seen the future.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think JJP will ever pick something that niche. Jack is going for wide-appeal G or PG-rated pins for the whole family.
And has there ever been a great horror pin? RZ is the closest, but is not without its problems. Freddy is terrible. Maybe Tales from the Crypt? Nothing really stands out as a great pin in the horror space.

BRAM
STOKER'S
DRACULA

Nothing really stands out...c'mon.

#358 6 years ago

Space Rangers vs Emperor Zurg

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I got 2 superman pins I'm looking to trade for 2 hot wives. they must work good together though!

Pm sent. Lol.

Quoted from GhostThruster:

I'm overly confident it's potc. You know, the whole sources say thing. Lol. Seriously though, I'm pretty darn sure it is. Regardless of what any actors or ride at Disney does, we have always like this franchise. We are anxious to see it. Toy story would be another title we would love to.

#360 6 years ago

If it is PotC, and I hope it's not (Beatles please), lets see if JPP can manage Disney better than Stern did w/SW. Sounds like Stern had a time with that license. Toy Story would be a good one as well.

In any case, I have yet to play a JPP (Woz, Hobbit or DI). I haven't seen any on location here.

#361 6 years ago

Am I the only one with some cash blazing a hole through their pocket spinning around in circles trying to decide on buying a dialed in, star wars, one of these used hobbits floating around for six grand or....JJP #4 ?

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BRAM
STOKER'S
DRACULA

Is Creature considered horror? If so that's another.
What about both Elvira pins and Monster Bash?

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Am I the only one with some cash blazing a hole through their pocket spinning around in circles trying to decide on buying a dialed in, star wars, one of these used hobbits floating around for six grand or....JJP #4 ?

Don't forget AFMr, Houdini, TNA and Alice Cooper!

I went with DILE FWIW. Time to start filling my pockets again.

#364 6 years ago

Let me know when you see a hobbit for $6k, I haven't.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Let me know when you see a hobbit for $6k, I haven't.

actually one sold for less than $6k a couple weeks ago. I believe $5800.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I would have bought that one and had two!

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I would have bought that one and had two!

i know, I could not believe it. Seems Hobbit, Spooky games, and heighway games are going really cheap last couple months. I guess with all the new stuff coming out it is a buyers market.

#368 6 years ago

Toy Story? Really guys? I mean, MEN? I've heard from many a dude that Toy Story is a dream theme for them. Jesus, why? It's a cartoon. For kids!

Also, Pirates strikes me as such a lame choice. They must do market research (yeah, right) that indicates otherwise, but really? Is this the theme people want the most? What are the game elements that people envision for this?

Pulp Fiction. This is Spinal Tap. The Matrix. Harry Potter. The Beatles. Bible Stories! These are the themes people long for.

I have mad respect for JJP, and I might even buy a DI someday, but the "family friendly" theme MO is too restrictive IMO.

#369 6 years ago

It would be a dream theme for me for this reason...

#370 6 years ago

I'm considering all those to except Hobbit (already own it). After the let down of star wars for me, I'm really looking at DI, but waiting to see jjp4 first.

#371 6 years ago

It would be a dream theme for me for this reason...

I'm the same way. I respect jjp for doing family friendly themes. I can also respect the guys that want more adult oriented ones to. I just can't see an R rated theme though for jjp. Yes, I'm in on the potc, toy story, Muppets (maybe), and other all time great franchises that are family friendly. I wouldn't care either way if jjp ever does an r rated theme or not. I would buy a TWD for my house to and my kids would enjoy it. I guess my tastes have changed, or not, by appreciating the all time classic franchises more than the adult themes of today.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

BRAM
STOKER'S
DRACULA

Dracula is pretty tame compared to the other things mentioned like Saw and RZ stuff.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Toy Story? Really guys? I mean, MEN? I've heard from many a dude that Toy Story is a dream theme for them. Jesus, why? It's a cartoon. For kids!
Also, Pirates strikes me as such a lame choice. They must do market research (yeah, right) that indicates otherwise, but really? Is this the theme people want the most? What are the game elements that people envision for this?
Pulp Fiction. This is Spinal Tap. The Matrix. Harry Potter. The Beatles. Bible Stories! These are the themes people long for.
I have mad respect for JJP, and I might even buy a DI someday, but the "family friendly" theme MO is too restrictive IMO.

Yep, Toy Story would be awesome. As a man, I'd take the Buzz Lightyear LE with green glow armor please! Pirates I don't quite get if true, since it has already been done well by Stern. But it IS a great theme and is one of the best selling Sterns ever. Lots of cool toy possibilities there.

Pulp Fiction: please, please someone make this game...love it! My personal favorite movie of all time.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

What about both Elvira pins and Monster Bash?

Those are all kinda spooky-comedy more than straight horror.

Quoted from PinMonk:Dracula is pretty tame compared to the other things mentioned like Saw and RZ stuff.

Sure, but it's a vampire and has graphic gory scenes on the DMD (staking Drac, killing the succubi, wolves eating you, etc)

#375 6 years ago

What's TNA?

Tits and ass?

I'll take one

#376 6 years ago

Regarding POTC, if JJP is so set to redo a theme done by Stern recently why not revisit Star Trek?

Stern's was based on the first two movies, why not give us a classic Star Trek based on all the early movies and TV shows. Would be great. DS9, TNG, Voyager, etc.

#377 6 years ago

I think POTC should do well

Especially if Johnny Dipshit isn't in game

Edit: yes Tiger. Original Star Trek home run!

#378 6 years ago

That total nuke annielation game or whatever it's called.

#379 6 years ago

I too have the cash ready for JJP #4. Bring it on.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

if JJP is so set to redo a theme done by Stern recently why not revisit Star Trek?

Well hell...why not take a stab at Star Wars for JJP #4 then...imagine that

#381 6 years ago

If JJP would do star wars i would hope they give the rights to Rogue One. Wouldnt that be funny. Guve old rights to stern a new licence to jjp. I highly doubt that would happen because of conflicting interests.

I cant believe no one's thinkning of mighty pythons...

Toy story is absolutely relevant if you want to hook the younger crowd (4-12) hooked to pinball.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not an HUO game. That was the one listed for sale at $6100, quick sale, routed game and the beast mechs didn't work... Like new HUO LE's / SE's have been selling in the $6800-$7200 range lately.

#383 6 years ago

Well hell...why not take a stab at Star Wars for JJP #4 then...imagine that

A better world, that's for sure.

#384 6 years ago

Interesting post from "TheFamilyArcade"

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

The Mansions were a "family" too.

#386 6 years ago

Wrong. It's a film. Toy Story and its sequels have been enjoyed by people of all ages since the first one was released. It was the first full CG animated movie, and people were drawn to it because they'd never seen anything like it. It was a story that anyone of any age could relate to. To dismiss it as a "cartoon" for "kids" is insulting to a very important film, great storytelling, and iconic characters.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I specified JJP Superman. Nice try...I'll give you my 14 year old dog for the only current Superman turd pin.

#388 6 years ago

Everyone I know is incredibly sick of Pirates.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Everybody also said a game about a cell phone would be the end of jjp.

I think a potc could be great with jjp at the ships helm.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Yeah, I hear ya there. If #4 is POTC I hope it's based off of the Disney theme itself rather then the film's. Still, even if it's based of the film's I think it will be great as JJP is making it and it will have a deep objective based ruleset by Keith Johnson.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, I hear ya there. If #4 is POTC I hope it's based off of the Disney theme itself rather then the film's. Still, even if it's based of the film's I think it will be great as JJP is making it and it will have a deep objective based ruleset by Keith Johnson.

It'll clearly be based on the films....they need the footage for the display. No way they're doing 100% from scratch animation for a licensed theme. Part of the value of the license for them is the footage.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not an HUO game. That was the one listed for sale at $6100, quick sale, routed game and the beast mechs didn't work... Like new HUO LE's / SE's have been selling in the $6800-$7200 range lately.

Absolutely correct.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

What about both Elvira pins?

A third one certainly would be.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It was the first full CG animated movie

not to argue with an industry guy, but wasn't the first "a bugs life"? I have fond memories of that being the first direct to DVD encoding from digital source.

Pardon my sloppiness because phone.

#395 6 years ago

Bugs Life was Pixar's second movie.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wrong. It's a film. Toy Story and its sequels have been enjoyed by people of all ages since the first one was released. It was the first full CG animated movie, and people were drawn to it because they'd never seen anything like it. It was a story that anyone of any age could relate to. To dismiss it as a "cartoon" for "kids" is insulting to a very important film, great storytelling, and iconic characters.

I hear the ya. I saw it. It's a clever story. It's cute. I might have more appreciation for it - and nostalgia - if I'd watched it for the first time as a child. My kids have seen it and think it's great. Everybody knows Buzz Lightyear. Hes on a lot of lunch pails and sippy cups and stuff.

Not a theme for me - or Muppets, ugh, and I grew up on Seseme Street. I do find it strange and amusing so many adults seem to love these as pinball themes. But I do think Harry Potter would make an excellent game, so maybe I'm being hypocritical.

Would you mind walking me through some Pinball rule scenarios for a Toy Story game? What would make the game really compelling in your opinion?

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

not to argue with an industry guy, but wasn't the first "a bugs life"? I have fond memories of that being the first direct to DVD encoding from digital source.
Pardon my sloppiness because phone.

Nope, Toy Story was first. 1995
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pixar_films

#398 6 years ago

Walk you mind walking me through same Pinball rule scenarios for a Toy Story game? What would make the game really compelling in your opinion?

All 3 movies have so many great action/escape scenes, funny characters, scenarios. First movie alone, you could do stuff with the army men, Buzz doing loop-de-loops on the racetrack in Andy's room, Pizza Planet & the aliens in the claw machine, stuff based on Syd's room with the "mutant" toys, Syd's dog, escaping from getting blown up by Syd, flying through the air to catch the moving truck with the other toys....I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff I'm forgetting...but the 3 movies have tons of fun content that would lend themselves to modes and multiballs, fun and humor. As for playfield toys - it's TOY Story, c'mon!

#399 6 years ago

Would you mind walking me through some Pinball rule scenarios for a Toy Story game? What would make the game really compelling in your opinion?

I could imagine a pin that's themed after one of the space adventures Buzz Lightyear is meant to have had. You know, defeat Zurg, lock a ball with THE CLAW, get help from the other Toy Story characters (it could even be the space adventure Buzz thinks he's on in the first movie). The Buzz Lightyear rides all have cool visual elements, so I could see that being a huge bonus, especially in barcades and dark environments where a blacklight or other creative lighting effects might be used.

edit: I mean, come on, a Mrs Nesbit mode? Everything goes pink and wonky until you get Buzz's arm back?

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

Ironic, right? In retrospect I wish I'd chosen a different name...in fact I later thought of one I'd really like: SilverballManiac.

But I guess I'm stuck with this one. TheFamilyArcade was a really great arcade in Huntington Beach (actually maybe Westminster) CA back in the late 70's and 80's. Lots of pins! Many happy memories, so when I had to choose a name to sign up on Pinside that popped into my head.

Now, as a kid growing up - and a teen at the TFA - I dug that Pinball (especially the art) was based on things like hot chicks and playing pool and rock and roll and outer space and rocket ships and aliens and cards/gambling and hot chicks and bowling alleys and cars and drag racing and truckers and hanging out and hot chicks and epic, mythological heroes (and their hot hero ladies) and stuff like that. Did I mention the hot chicks?*

If pinball had revolved around Muppets and kids "films" and a bunch of movie merch characters I doubt it would have been as mesmerizing, captivating, impactful and intriguing. Or fun.

*i apologize if this antiquated phrase offends.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/8?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.