FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 76.
#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I pre ordered over a month ago. Was told I would be within the first 15 and would receive by christmas. Ended up ordering through flip n out. Where I was within the first 10. And he was under the understanding his customers would be receiving their machines mid summer. At the time he had not heard of anything as late as Xmas.
For some reason jjp has been silent for over 2 weeks. Maybe a new reveal is coming. Deadflip is up to something as well. However I suspect that could be spooky related.

Yeah no live stream in a couple weeks but maybe JJP is waiting to show an updated prototype and / or code that is further along.

#3652 5 years ago

I'm thinking there hasn't been a live stream or any updates these past two weeks due to the Midwest Gaming Classic being held this coming weekend. With Stern making a big push with Iron Maiden there I wouldn't be surprised if we hear some new information about Pirates out of the show.

#3653 5 years ago

Could this be the party to kick off the start of the production line change over to prepare to make JJPOTC? Let's hope so. I have no knowledge of their schedule ... just speculation.

FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Could this be the party to kick off the start of the production line change over to prepare to make JJPOTC? Let's hope so. I have no knowledge of their schedule ... just speculation.

He knows! Production starting soon! Thank you. Just kidding Yeah that would be great.

#3655 5 years ago

On our way to MGC ... no lines to play JJPOTC at Level 257.

20180412_183405 (resized).jpg20180412_183405 (resized).jpg

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

On our way to MGC ... no lines to play JJPOTC at Level 257.

Haha, awesome. Do you know if JJP is doing a seminar at MGC? Just wondering if we may hear about some updates for the game.

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haha, awesome. Do you know if JJP is doing a seminar at MGC? Just wondering if we may hear about some updates for the game.

I don't think there are any seminars. But I will ask if I see someone from JJP there. Played about another 20 games or so on JJPOTC at Level 257 with no line. Love the game. We shot better after 3 strong drinks. Closed the place again. Very addictive and fun. The more you play it, the easier it is to understand what to shoot for and when you "should" press the lock bar button.

#3658 5 years ago

Anyone else see the update?

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Anyone else see the update?

Yes I'm no longer sure if I'm buying POTC after the changes.

From

20180327_165820 (resized).jpg20180327_165820 (resized).jpg

To...

Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes I'm no longer sure if I'm buying POTC after the changes.

Hey! Look who loves Stern again

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey! Look who loves Stern again

Hey, I have an official Stern hat now and will proudly wear it as a Star Wars and Ghostbusters owner, lol. Just need a JJP hat now to go along with it.

20180407_181132 (resized).jpg20180407_181132 (resized).jpg

#3662 5 years ago

I wonder how big the disk will be and if it will have a solid center. It deff sucks about the disks those were a cool feature! The pearl is still pretty sweet!
As far as stern, I like all the companies that are putting out good games with cool ideas. So in my eyes all you haters can hate but I’m still gonna play pinball !!!!!!

#3663 5 years ago

To me the org looks sooooo much better.

#3664 5 years ago

I am confused about what is being done with the discs. Doesn't the video show three discs moving in the new version, just like the original? I can see that there are art changes, but what is the difference in the disc motion? It seems like what he is saying doesn't match what the video is showing.

EDIT: Please disregard; I just found the other thread.

#3665 5 years ago

So dissapointed loosing the three disc's (I'm not a disc fan but three individual ones made it special) and they can't even get a lid on a box to go up and down next the rocking ship won't be rocking. Seriously reconsidering my ce. if the topper gets cut back I'll be out.

#3666 5 years ago

I'm out with my ce to many things this machine doesn't have anymore hope toy story doesn't have same issues.

#3667 5 years ago

Lack of movie assets, music and video, now the major mech dumbed down to what we've seen so many times before. My CE deposit has a strong likelihood of moving to another game, lots of great choices especially for $12,500.

Disappointed.

#3668 5 years ago

cant they at least get the ouder ring to spin instead of center disk?

#3669 5 years ago

For the price tag i feel like they should be adding things. Not taking key features away. This is very unfortunate.

#3670 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

For the price tag i feel like they should be adding things. Not taking key features away. This is very unfortunate.

Certainly has taken a large amount of heat from the release. That new single spinning disc art is atrocious and definitely needs to be re-done at the very least.

#3671 5 years ago

Yeah the idea of a lot of toys is what I liked. I actually just sent the email to cancel my LE. I’ll wait until I get to play the new incarnation and decide if it’s something we want later.

#3672 5 years ago

Weak...very weak. They need to add something else now to make up for it.

#3673 5 years ago

I’m on the fence now. Actually I hated the noise of the triple mech. So thank you for fixing this. Although a belt drive or helical gear would have fixed the noise also.

Chest not popping open seems like a hack fix based on schedule pressure. Understandable.

So much more on this game to love. I will wait on my decision until I see a live stream with the changes in place.

1000 awesome things. A couple items doesn’t change that. Awesome software. Amazing animations.

Big deal with a wheel and a stuck chest I guess.

#3674 5 years ago

Also in the update the chest mod is affected...
The chest stays open and does not close...for those who have played it, or has seen the streams of play, that now eliminates the cool sound and effect of the chest closing when you lock a ball. That was actually a really cool overall effect and worked well along the vibe of the game. That really stinks.
I haven't already pre-ordered, but I have been mosts seriously considering this game and getting on board. And now, also subtract the inventive three spinning discs, which I did have the opportunity to play with at TPF (granted, while they were functional), and bring it down to a single whilwind wheel, adds a big stink to what was a really inventive game that stood alone. So now it's a rocking upper playfield that can shoot the ship in the back left at the tune of 9500 for an LE. Man, I really really really wanted to be all over this game...I agree with those who are expressing disappointment, and agree with others who have stated (before this recent update) that I would rather they take their time and release when it's done, complete and ready for play, even if release is delayed a bit.
I agree that the software and animations are great, but come on JJP, don't give up, just take the time you need to finalize these custom mods, which is the special touches that separate the company from the rest of the makers...that's what we are paying a premium for as well, right?

#3675 5 years ago

POTC CE #17 is now available if anyone wants it. Sadly had to cancel this order as there is NO way this game is worth 12.5k with it's primary (minor tweaks) removed. I can get great pizza in Chicago for less than 12.5, don't want it on a playfield.

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

POTC CE #17 is now available if anyone wants it. Sadly had to cancel this order as there is NO way this game is worth 12.5k with it's primary (minor tweaks) removed. I can get great pizza in Chicago for less than 12.5, don't want it on a playfield.

you have said this in 10 threads now....everyone involved knows you are out, enjoy that next cgc

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

you have said this in 10 threads now....everyone involved knows you are out, enjoy that next cgc

I absolutely will but that does mean I can't be upset with this decision! Plus you can have my spot since your so concerned for me!

#3678 5 years ago

I am also upset with this decision, I don’t want #17 and I am not concerned for you at all. Just letting you know that most people that are interested in this subject read multiple threads so you don’t have to repost the same thing in every thread.

#3679 5 years ago

I will keep my LE order assuming all this backlash convinced them to put the innovative toys back in.

There is a careful balance of schedule and solving problems that cause delays. So far it seems guys rather wait for the original design. If that’s the case perhaps they will listen.

Hey JJP how about you use the single wheel and open chest on the standard. And just delay the LE and CE for the original design?

Actually not a bad distinction between standard and the upgraded variants.

#3680 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I will keep my LE order assuming all this backlash convinced them to put the innovative toys back in.
There is a careful balance of schedule and solving problems that cause delays. So far it seems guys rather wait for the original design. If that’s the case perhaps they will listen.
Hey JJP how about you use the single wheel and open chest on the standard. And just delay the LE and CE for the original design?

That's a great idea definitely will distinguish between the machines . I believe especially the ce buyers will be more than happy to wait

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I am also upset with this decision, I don’t want #17 and I am not concerned for you at all. Just letting you know that most people that are interested in this subject read multiple threads so you don’t have to repost the same thing in every thread.

Chill Bill.

#3682 5 years ago

The more I let this whole announcement sit in my stomach without a quick rebuttal from jjp the more it makes me upset. I was completely amped for this game. Imo best potential of any game currently being offered. I'm on preorder and I will stay that way till weds at least. But wow this is the biggest uprising I've personally ever seen on pinside. I'm stunned jjp even allowed this to happen to such a hyped game. They had to have known this would be the result. And from jpps reputation. I can't believe they would just let this stand as was announced. My prediction something very cool is going to come out of the jjp camp. otherwise it could spell doom for everything they are trying to build for when it comes to their rep as a company and innovation and price tag.

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

I'm out with my ce to many things this machine doesn't have anymore hope toy story doesn't have same issues.

Sorry to hear that ,do you or anyone else who is pulling out have lower than number 25 .in case I stick with it

#3684 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

The more I let this whole announcement sit in my stomach without a quick rebuttal from jjp the more it makes me upset. I was completely amped for this game. Imo best potential of any game currently being offered. I'm on preorder and I will stay that way till weds at least. But wow this is the biggest uprising I've personally ever seen on pinside. I'm stunned jjp even allowed this to happen to such a hyped game. They had to have known this would be the result. And from jpps reputation. I can't believe they would just let this stand as was announced. My prediction something very cool is going to come out of the jjp camp. otherwise it could spell doom for everything they are trying to build for when it comes to their rep as a company and innovation and price tag.

If something very cool is coming, it better be quick as many have already cancelled orders.

I doubt there is as it would have been beyond stupid not to do a bad news, good news scenario simultaneously.

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry to hear that ,do you or anyone else who is pulling out have lower than number 25 .in case I stick with it

I hear #17 is available.

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I hear #17 is available.

they might not get up to that number with that shitty looking spinner.

i wouldnt buy a potc now. that mech was the main selling point for me and many others. pinside went crazy when that pin was shown. now it lost alot of its luster.

#3687 5 years ago

I find it interesting that this statement came from Eric and not Jack. Removing the discs was not a "tweak" it was an overhaul. The chest issue is also a bit frustrating. That seems like something that can be addressed. Fix it!

I understand the willingness to test games with the public and refine them, but JJP should not go public if past of this testing will result in major playfield features being removed.

#3688 5 years ago

JJP should have an official comment about this spinning discs issue. I see a lot of upset potential buyers canceling preorders. Is this all some kind of joke??

#3689 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

JJP should have an official comment about this spinning discs issue. I see a lot of upset potential buyers canceling preorders. Is this all some kind of joke??

Not a joke. But Jack needs to make a statement on homepage soon, this is getting out of hand and everyone is storming the castle with pitch forks.
I count 7 different threads addressing this topic now.

#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

This is really not a bad idea especially if they were willing to slightly discount the standard edition to entice buyers who are on the fence to begin with.

Could be a win/win solution

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is really not a bad idea especially if they were willing to slightly discount the standard edition to entice buyers who are on the fence to begin with.
Could be a win/win solution

JJP's thing is that all versions play exactly the same though. This would change that.

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not a joke. But Jack needs to make a statement on homepage soon, this is getting out of hand and everyone is storming the castle with pitch forks.
I count 7 different threads addressing this topic now.

We have the right to complain, we have money in it. It’s like letting a kid have a toy and taking it back except in this case there are large sums of money involved.

I actually find this to be much more troubling than all of Sterns issues with code.

It’s so bad that some of us keep thinking it is some sort of sick April Fools joke, has to be one of the oddest product announcements I’ve ever seen.

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

JJP's thing is that all versions play exactly the same though. This would change that.

True, didn’t really think about that.

Maybe it would be the lesser of two evils though.

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

honestly though the 12,500 ce should have something to distinguish it besides the armor and that topper.

#3695 5 years ago

OK started a poll - please vote:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-save-the-3-disks-poll#post-4340983

JJP needs our support - thanks

#3696 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

JJP needs our support - thanks

They should be able to figure it out themselves. I feel embarrassed for them. It's not our responsibility to sort out their problems. It's self-inflicted. I'm not sure what we're supporting here. Should we start a telethon or gofundme page for them as well?

#3697 5 years ago

hahaha, all the complaining is soo funny. No one has money in this machine right now except JJP. This is the prototype process like it or not. I welcome the decisions they have made, so keep doing what you're doing JJP!

#3698 5 years ago

The proposed solutions by hobbyists are already much preferred to what JJP suggested especially, IMO, the slow-moving disk alternative. They said the issue is reliability and these have now been addressed.

If there are other reasons why it's being cut then they should be up front about that.

Yes, JJP needs to hear from their customers because sometimes companies make a poor decisions and then change course to correct and everything is good again the next day. JJP has done this many times before and we respect them for that.

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

hahaha, all the complaining is soo funny. No one has money in this machine right now except JJP. This is the prototype process like it or not. I welcome the decisions they have made, so keep doing what you're doing JJP!

Not true. During the timeframe of the introduction there was one main distributor of JJP here in Europe and they have a non-refundable policy with a pre-payment of 1000 Euros.

If a feature of a game is so highly emphasized during the introduction, it stands to no reason that it would be scrapped later in the process, especialy as they were very ademant that rigorous testing had been applied to the reliability of the mech. It is not like some minor part of the machine was altered.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Yes, JJP needs to hear from their customers because sometimes companies make a poor decisions and then change course to correct and everything is good again the next day. JJP has done this many times before and we respect them for that.

Well, I think we should all be on Jack's payroll then if they need us to help them design their pinball machines. I'd respect them more if they were able to handle that on their own. This is not proper business practice...it's absurd. In what other industry can a company get away with this type of crap?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.