FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 76.
#3201 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Best custom pin cup ive seen. I smell a Twipy award category here.

Thanks!

#3202 6 years ago

You should make these, you would sell a barrell full.

#3203 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You should make these, you would sell a barrell full.

I actually just a couple of hours ago decided to make a limited run of individually painted barrels. I don't want to clog this thread with the details of it. But send me a PM if interested and I will send you the details

cheers
Micael

#3204 6 years ago

I hit the jackpot today. I have been to Level 257 monday night, wednesday and today to check out Pirates. So today I arrange my wife to meet me because she didn't go to expo and never saw the game.

I get there mid afternoon after some appointments (she gets there 20 minutes later). So the jackpot was Eric Meunier was there checking out the game, making adjustments and giving us a tutorial. He graciously let my wife play a few free games. He explained some of the rules which are extensive. We watched him get the 5 mulitballs and just missed the 6th Tortuga. What a game, what a host. I actually know enough and got Worlds End multi ball. The game is awesome.

I asked about some tutorials because this has so much to offer and I think they at JJP were thinking the same thing. Eric said this was the only location the game is at. Thanks Eric and JJP.

#3205 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Here is our 1 hour+ interview with Eric Meunier about POTC.
Lots of new info about the machine in the interview. It starts pretty much straight away. Give it a listen and let me know what you think!
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/01/29/episode-28-eric-meunier-from-jersey-jack-pinball/

Just a head's up for everyone coming to the Louisville Arcade Expo March 2-4, we will be having Keith Johnson as a speaker at our show! flipnout1 should be bringing one of the JJPOTC games as well. I got a chance to play JJPOTC at Chicago Expo last year and loved it. After listening to Eric's head2head interview, I really can't wait to the play the latest and hear more on the development of the game myself (I am a pre-buy LE)!

#3206 6 years ago

What is the current timeline for this game coming out? In my opinion JJP did this title right. Amazing play field, good sounds. It doesn’t bother me the theme song isn’t in the game cause I don’t view POTC theme song as iconic. Not like the theme songs for such movies as Star Wars or Superman. Basically, I would never know the theme song wasn’t in the game if I didn’t read it here.

#3207 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

What is the current timeline for this game coming out? In my opinion JJP did this title right. Amazing play field, good sounds. It doesn’t bother me the theme song isn’t in the game cause I don’t view POTC theme song as iconic. Not like the theme songs for such movies as Star Wars or Superman. Basically, I would never know the theme song wasn’t in the game if I didn’t read it here.

Seems like April/May, but I think Jack originally wanted it out sooner (didn't tell this, just the feeling I had from a conversation about timelines for upcoming games).

#3208 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I'll be there. Planning a little launch party that night.
Cheers,
Eric

Hey guys, sorry, but I had to push this back until March. I'll still be there on Friday afternoon for some time (2-4?) if anyone wants to come hang out.

#3209 6 years ago

So slightly off topic but I'll throw it out anyways. I've only bought one pin and that was just over a year ago (TAF). Was in working condition but just barely. Since then I've done tons of work on it and it plays perfect.

I heard about JJPOTC and did some research and it looks absolutely fantastic. Could care less about movie clips and such and am much more interested in game play. In November I put my deposit down on a JJPOTC LE. Will be my first new pin and I can't wait but want it to be code complete before I get it.

Question is, if I can make it to Chicagoland can someone from Level 257 or JJ get me some time on the pin? I'm in STL so could make a weekend trip up.

#3210 6 years ago
Quoted from dharv:

So slightly off topic but I'll throw it out anyways. I've only bought one pin and that was just over a year ago (TAF). Was in working condition but just barely. Since then I've done tons of work on it and it plays perfect.
I heard about JJPOTC and did some research and it looks absolutely fantastic. Could care less about movie clips and such and am much more interested in game play. In November I put my deposit down on a JJPOTC LE. Will be my first new pin and I can't wait but want it to be code complete before I get it.
Question is, if I can make it to Chicagoland can someone from Level 257 or JJ get me some time on the pin? I'm in STL so could make a weekend trip up.

You can have all the time you want on the machine at 257 as long as your cash holds out? lol Played it several times over the past few weeks and maybe its the time I have been going or day but JJP seems to always have a software guy near by observing and taking notes. Very impressive in my opinion. If I witness a error or flaw it is miraculously repaired by my next visit. They do seem Very committed to making certain this game is Dialed in perfect. Love it and there team is amazing! Can't wait to get mine. #17 CE (which Jack Better Sign this time!!!)

#3211 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can have all the time you want on the machine at 257 as long as your cash holds out? lol Played it several times over the past few weeks and maybe its the time I have been going or day but JJP seems to always have a software guy near by observing and taking notes. Very impressive in my opinion. If I witness a error or flaw it is miraculously repaired by my next visit. They do seem Very committed to making certain this game is Dialed in perfect. Love it and there team is amazing! Can't wait to get mine. #17 CE (which Jack Better Sign this time!!!)

That's great to hear.

#3212 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

That's great to hear.

Well ... we may have to take turns if I am there too.

#3213 6 years ago

My wife and I went to level 257 during/after the big snow storm last Friday - what crazy 6.5 hour drive. Level 257 is a fantastic place, but wont side track this thread with those details. We played about 8 games of JJPOTC and Eric showed up to tweak a few things. He gave us an overview and tutorial that was REALLY enlightening on some of the game features, progression, and a few strategies. We played a couple of games with him before he had to leave. He did not have a super good game (according to him), but even after another 15 - 20 more games that my wife & I played, we still did not beat his score but we were right behind him on the daily high scores (see photo). We are just mediocre players so we helped to bring down his stat for average ball time. We played it before at expo and we were undecided. After Eric's tutorial, it made a lot more sense and after you play it knowing those things, it flows better in your reactions for shots and call outs. You can really tell that Eric (and the rest of the JJP crew) are putting a lot of effort into this pin. It's great to see that. I highly advise that you watch Eric's JJP Live show (or hopefully a video that we can re-visit) and do that before you play the game. Then give the game at least 10 plays trying different things they mention before you pass judgement. I made the cannon shot to the other ship once and that was sooo cool.

Thank you Hogbog so much for your time and answering our questions. Now my wife wants a JJPOTC next. Guess what Santa will bring her (and me) next Christmas.

20180209_195216[1] (resized).jpg20180209_195216[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3214 6 years ago

anyone know where can find the video play and who did it?

#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone know where can find the video play and who did it?

video was done by JJP. People playing the game

Eric Meunier (designer)
Keith Johnson (programmer)
Joe Katz (programmer)

#3216 6 years ago

Oh Baby! Here it is!

SDTM Episode 51: Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine Review - Deluxe Edition Part 1

#3217 6 years ago

Thank you, you lovable monkeys

#3218 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh Baby! Here it is!
SDTM Episode 51: Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine Review - Deluxe Edition Part 1

360P? In 2018?

#3219 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

360P? In 2018?

You can select up to 1080

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

You can select up to 1080

Maybe it hadn't finished processing yet. It only gave me the choice of 360p initially. High-res works now.

#3221 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Thank you, you lovable monkeys

Hahaha

Quoted from PinMonk:

360P? In 2018?

Haha yeah made me freak out when it first said 360. That damn thing took an eternity to upload at 1080. YouTube posts the video but with the size, it takes about 20 minutes post...post to give the 1080.

#3222 6 years ago

I watched the episode with a whiskey or two. Game looks great with the a ton of shots. Love the amount of effort put into the game. I loved the first movie and have a few pirate pictures from the movie as well. I hope it’s a big hit. But really wish it had the movie clips, etc. in the game sorry just can’t help it and want it all, no reason in today’s world to not have it as it’s possible. Sorry Mickey Mouse franchise has too many polices to not allow full disclosure to make a great game and memory of the movies for decades to come in this game and relie only on a dvd to relive its in the future 50years from now instead of having it all in the pinball game.

#3223 6 years ago

Game looks insane Eric has smashed this and for the programming it's fantasticly deep with varietiety. Makes other machines look naked. Watched sdtm with Eric and designers describing the amount of effort they put in to this machine it was a great watch. I advise anyone to watch it especially if your on the border of buying one this will tip you over.
By the way has their been any update in what the ce has over the le or is it still same from expo

#3224 6 years ago

SDTM's review shows why JJPPOTC pinball deserves to become the newest Wonder of the World. So much engineering in the design and coordination with the rules and ball flow. Gotta have one of these now. Way to bring it home Eric! and Keith and Team have created something new in marketing ....pinball with je ne sais quoi ....bitch!

#3225 6 years ago

Dang $9500!!! ( Google How to rob a bank...)

#3226 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Dang $9500!!! ( Google How to rob a bank...)

Why does everyone judge the game on the highest value as a comparison? The game costs $8500. Still a lot of money but the play on the Awsome standard is the Same on the LE and CE. Unlike most other options they didn’t pull all the ramps and features out of the Playfield. It’s the same game across the board starting at $8500 only missing some jewelry non play items. Just an observation.

#3227 6 years ago

Awesome review SDTM!

Man the details on this pin are amazing.

Love the shots and diverters

Cannon shot

#3228 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why does everyone judge the game on the highest value as a comparison? The game costs $8500. Still a lot of money but the play on the Awsome standard is the Same on the LE and CE. Unlike most other options they didn’t pull all the ramps and features out of the Playfield. It’s the same game across the board starting at $8500 only missing some jewelry non play items. Just an observation.

I hear ya but man the LE is definitely the way to go I think.

Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome review SDTM!
Man the details on this pin are amazing.
Love the shots and diverters
Cannon shot

Thanks iceman! So much to like. Hoping next vid with our review will be just as good.

#3229 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh Baby! Here it is!
» YouTube video

Fantastic show!

I had no real interest in picking up Pirates before, but I was sucked in by this review and it’s now on my ‘maybe’ list.

The one thing I’m wondering about is if someone with no rule knowledge can step up and still have a great time without being overwhelmed?

Anyway, really looking forward to playing it at TPF.

#3230 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

The one thing I’m wondering about is if someone with no rule knowledge can step up and still have a great time without being overwhelmed?

Great point! Many of us play our machines with friends and relatives that are not huge pinball fans. We rarely talk on Inside about how accessible these games are for newbies. We all want more folks to get into pinball, but are we setting the entry threshold too high when it comes to rules?

#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Fantastic show!
I had no real interest in picking up Pirates before, but I was sucked in by this review and it’s now on my ‘maybe’ list.

I think JJP pins are meant to be played at home where you can really get into the rules. They are all fairly complicated. Newbies will be attracted by the mechs and light show, but probably won’t fully understand the rules. I really didn’t get WOZ until I played it a bunch of times and watched several videos. Only after buying one did I really understand how it all came together.

#3232 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Fantastic show!

From my experience with it, it aims to please everyone. If you keep the ball alive, you will see and experience a ton of stuff. I’m a mode-based player so I’m with ya, and I was left having a blast!

#3233 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I think the display on the apron will help a lot with that. As Eric said in the interview, it acts like him or Keith guide you where to go. I see this as an excellent feature for people who do not play much games and are not into learning the rules.

#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I guess there is the up the middle shot to lock balls in the chest for new players. The chest is fairly prominent and the standup targets to light lock are directly to the right and left of the chest shot. I imagine new players will work out fairly quickly that they need to hit those and then lock balls in the chest.

#3235 6 years ago

Great review STDM! Nailed it! I understand this thing way better now and I really think we have to stop the complaining and being worried about too many rules and the casual player (I'm one) . This is a 9k game and it will be a pleasure taking this home and figuring it all out over the long haul! It just looks plain fun to shoot and that upper flipper let alone the upper playfield will be a blast unto itself. Keith, Eric and all, thank you for putting your heart and soul into this game....it shows! If you watched the entire interview you will see there is so many things implemented to help the beginner as well as cool deep rules for the most advanced! Cheers and thanks to all for your time so we can all understand this game better, very excited to receive mine!

#3236 6 years ago

The more I see, the more I come away thinking this is one where it may actually be fun coming up with rules and strategies. Maybe the one pin that is more fun playing with others than alone. For families that is a great thing.

Game is gorgeous and I'd love to see one in the POTC souvenir shop in Disney World when you get off the ride. This looks to be a very special game.

#3237 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

The more I see, the more I come away thinking this is one where it may actually be fun coming up with rules and strategies. Maybe the one pin that is more fun playing with others than alone.

Long playing games are not good for multi-player games. LOTR, TH, TSPP: all terrible multi-player games. IM, BSD, FT: all awesome multi-player game.

This appears to be a game with longer ball times.

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Long playing games are not good for multi-player games. LOTR, TH, TSPP: all terrible multi-player games. IM, BSD, FT: all awesome multi-player game.

I would disagree with this. The ball times SEEM long because you have 3 top players (that designed, built and programmed the game) playing it. I am by no means a great player (maybe good) and my average ball time seems to be in the 1-2 minute time frame, making a game 3-4 minutes. Could that change once I learn more about the game, surely? Make sure you get a chance to play it when you can and then let us know if you still feel the same.

#3239 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I would disagree with this. The ball times SEEM long because you have 3 top players (that designed, built and programmed the game) playing it. I am by no means a great player (maybe good) and my average ball time seems to be in the 1-2 minute time frame, making a game 3-4 minutes. Could that change once I learn more about the game, surely? Make sure you get a chance to play it when you can and then let us know if you still feel the same.

Let's just pray the average ball times are nowhere near The Hobbit.

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I got to play this in a private setting Friday night and I can tell you from experience the ball times are not that long. No where near Hobbit length.

#3241 6 years ago

I totally agree with KingPinGames and experienced the same thing for 30 or so games my wife & I played at level 257. We maybe only had 3 or 4 balls last longer than 3 minutes with a multiball, but no longer than 8 minutes. I hope to eventually be able to get longer ball times. It's a tough game that can be setup even tougher or a little easier with game settings and the right out lane ball save post rubber sleeves as mentioned in the video. The code and game progression is pretty deep, so if you are a great tournament level player, you could get to see some of the deeper modes in the progression. Initially the way it is setup at level 257 is too hard to fully enjoy the pin, but JJP is testing out the stats for a default or recommended game settings for locations. Locations are driving for 3 minute average ball times. I'd want 5 minute average ball times for home use for us average players.

Like everyone keeps saying ... give it about 10 plays before you make a judgment. Watch the JJP Live and SDTM videos before you play.

#3242 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's just pray the average ball times are nowhere near The Hobbit.

I want to comment on this, because a few weeks ago I had a pinball evening with guys coming over. We played all games and at one point we played every game except TH. One of the guys said: I don't want to wait for 20 minutes before I can play again.

But I prepared the game. Turned off all ball saves, made it a little steeper, set it up so the multiball were not as easy to get.

When we played it, it were the shortest games of the evening and we had so much fun with it and kept playing again and again.

I find that most of the Hobbits are set up badly. I was over at a guy that also own a Hobbit and when I played it, my first ball was longer and had a higher score than the best game I had ever gotten at my home. It was just set up flat and felt floaty and just all around slow, but then I found out all his games were set up like that.

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I want to comment on this, because a few weeks ago I had a pinball evening with guys coming over. We played all games and at one point we played every game except TH. One of the guys said: I don't want to wait for 20 minutes before I can play again.
But I prepared the game. Turned off all ball saves, made it a little steeper, set it up so the multiball were not as easy to get.
When we played it, it were the shortest games of the evening and we had so much fun with it and kept playing again and again.
I find that most of the Hobbits are set up badly. I was over at a guy that also own a Hobbit and when I played it, my first ball was longer and had a higher score than the best game I had ever gotten at my home. It was just set up flat and felt floaty and just all around slow, but then I found out all his games were set up like that.

I turned multiball difficulty up, had it set at 7.2 degrees, and sides wide open and it was WAY too LONG, still. Some games are just that way. Hobbit is one.

#3244 6 years ago

Let me clarify that games with long ball times can be awesome (I.e. all the ones I mentioned), but they just aren’t fun mp games due to the wait. For all the content POTC seems to have, it would make sense that this will have long ball times. Of course you can always toughen the game physically, but the rules may get neutered with shorter ball times. We shall see.

#3245 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I turned multiball difficulty up, had it set at 7.2 degrees, and sides wide open and it was WAY too LONG, still. Some games are just that way. Hobbit is one.

Can't argue with your experience, but try to disable the ballsaver. I did that because that is also the setting on the Directors Cut on Dialed In and it makes the balltimes so much shorter. Especially in multiball where the default ballsaver seems to last forever as you can easily start a new multiball with a new ballsaver during multiball.

#3246 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Can't argue with your experience, but try to disable the ballsaver. I did that because that is also the setting on the Directors Cut on Dialed In and it makes the balltimes so much shorter. Especially in multiball where the default ballsaver seems to last forever as you can easily start a new multiball with a new ballsaver during multiball.

Pretty sure we had that off, but no way to tell now, Hobbit has been sent down the road.

#3247 6 years ago

Had a chance to play pirates Friday night and I loved it. I had a deposit down before Friday and wanted to play it to make sure I wanted it. I’m definitely getting an LE. I’ll share more of my compete thoughts on the game later, but I think this it's fantastic.

Huge thanks to our hosts flipnout1 for having us over!! For those of you who don’t know Larry and Donna, you should get to know them. They're two of the best people in this hobby.

FC38039F-C3E1-4CC8-9353-84C1B0BEC830 (resized).jpegFC38039F-C3E1-4CC8-9353-84C1B0BEC830 (resized).jpeg
F2CC2F58-2826-444B-A3AD-96400BF85415 (resized).jpegF2CC2F58-2826-444B-A3AD-96400BF85415 (resized).jpeg
BA813EF1-1D29-4E0D-83A7-DA636A3A1F0F (resized).jpegBA813EF1-1D29-4E0D-83A7-DA636A3A1F0F (resized).jpeg

#3248 6 years ago

Such a nice looking game. Can't wait to play it. The first time may be in my house though

#3249 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Had a chance to play pirates Friday night and I loved it. I had a deposit down before Friday and wanted to play it to make sure I wanted it. I’m definitely getting an LE. I’ll share more of my compete thoughts on the game later, but I think this it's fantastic.
Huge thanks to our hosts flipnout1 for having us over!! For those of you who don’t know Larry and Donna, you should get to know them. They're two of the best people in this hobby.

Fun night, Larry and Donna are awesome.

#3250 6 years ago

Mini up and down playfields are only great if they are used very, very rarely. But stern en jjp use their mini playfields as top priority shots, and this way the minis are getting old very fast. As in after a few games.

It should be a big reward after many modes when you finaly can play that interesting looking minigame. And when the minigame is over, or you lost the ball, it should take a while to get it back on again.

Really hope lay-out wise JJP steps up, cause besides this and the choice of themes, JJP is doing it fantastic so far.

This.... and on top of that. mini playfields needs to be interesting and fun to play. Most of them are as boring as hell. Black hole still has the best miniplayfield..... step up please, .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/65?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.