FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 76.
#3151 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

without the cast of actors voices and without video showing faces this would be a great disappointment to me..... why wouldn't that have been secured before making the game? that would definitely be a big plus feature in my opinion and also a big minus feature if it's missing. Could have been a great game with original cast voices music soundtracks and video showing faces

I cancelled my order this week and am buying a premium Star Wars and possibly another new title in 2018(hopefully Beatles)!

I think it was funny how so many knocked the crap out of Stern with GOTG only having 4 songs or whatever, at least they got some of it and can actually show characters in video and did voice sound a likes.

Very bothersome that JJP didn’t get these assets.

#3152 6 years ago

Can't stand Depp. Never like the movies. More of a kick-ass generic pirate themed game is a win for me.

#3153 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can't stand Depp. Never like the movies. More of a kick-ass generic pirate themed game is a win for me.</blockquot

True but that isnt what JJp designed, based on the 5 depp movies. Generic only works for an original make, especially at 10K plus.

#3154 6 years ago

Ok then. Less Depp the better.

#3155 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Ok then. Less Depp the better.

It would be cool to have Barbosa as the voice.

The music is what kills me, I can do without a ton of video.

That theme song would be epic to play pinball with . Lights and effects choreographed with it.
It’s right up there with Star Wars and Indy in my opinion.

#3156 6 years ago

keefer and JJP have done an over the top amazing job on all 3 of their pins integration wise. I have no doubts They will figure out a way to work around the license and still provide an epic POTC integration into this one. So for me personally, that’s the least of my worries.

How the game plays, feels, and the rules surrounding it are more of my concern - and it’s not that big of a concern considering some of my favorite games (LOTR, FGY, WOZ) are Keith’s games. ball times vs. depth and breadth is what I have my eye on with this title. Multiple strategies and different ways to tackle the game with differentiating mini wizard modes is what I’m hoping for. Right now my favorite game is GOT cause whenever I get bored of it I can pick a different house and change the way I play and attempt it’s wizard modes. Hoping for more of the same with JJPOTC especially since they took a little stab at GOTs rules during the stream at expo.

#3157 6 years ago

There is a video of a PotC in the UK. The left side of the moving ship looks unfinished but it's the first video I could hear more from the music and now I think JJP will do a good job even without the original score. Thiel will nail the Pirate theme.

#3158 6 years ago

The JJP Pin will look stunning sitting next to the original pirates. I would like both.

#3159 6 years ago

Pirates can be fun.

#3160 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

There is a video of a PotC in the UK. The left side of the moving ship looks unfinished but it's the first video I could hear more from the music and now I think JJP will do a good job even without the original score. Thiel will nail the Pirate theme.
» YouTube video

The music at 1:10 is sounding really good and close to the feel of the movie soundtrack. It would still be great if they could manage the rights to the original ride music, hopefully Disney would have more flexibility with that piece.

#3161 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

» YouTube video
Pirates can be fun.

If someone did this that would be of the chains ridiculously good!

#3162 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

» YouTube video

So we have a rocking ship that you shoot from instead of sink and another spinning disc which Stern potc has although not a disc within a disc. Without the rest of the package I’m not willing to take the plunge yet as an original potc owner, I need more dammit!

#3163 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If someone did this that would be of the chains ridiculously good!

I like the show, but I'm way behind. I'm not even sure it is the same creative team. It seemed to veer off about while I watched. Like it was really good then just ok.

The theme song is pretty good. Solid.

#3164 6 years ago

The biggest disappointment is the delay from revealing the game to shipping the game. Creating hype and then letting it all go stale is dumb.

They should announce and have the games ready to ship sooner.

The delay is the reason for this entire thread of speculation. People lose interest until the game is actually available to play, so all they can do is complain about the soundtrack

#3165 6 years ago

Enough of the reveals, agree 100% above with RTS post.
It hurt Dialed in to.
Cant wait to get a hold of one of these in So Cal and reserve judgement. Wanting this one.

#3166 6 years ago

Valid point we see how it looks and everyone agrees it looks great , now really just have to wait for code to be programmed then see what happens from their . No point in bagging something that isn't programmed yet when no one knows the outcome for sure . If programming was at nearly one and when played it lacks the above factors and is no fun to play Then their is a valid reason for all the bad discussion . But even then it all comes down to software and can. Be changed at jjp discretion . So something seeming bad at the start may be a hidden gem

2 weeks later
#3167 6 years ago

I've played this game for several hours and love it. Excited about being able to choose your players in the beginning and get different rule sets. I spent about 3 hours trying to master that rocking ship...very tuff. Never understood the 5 chapters...i think it was not finished. So many shots and call outs. I dont love that its POTC theme(already done) but it does look great.

my 2 cents... Best pinball I ever played....that saying a lot. I immediatly put down a deposit.

#3168 6 years ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean is now on location over at Level 257. Go over and check it out. After you get done call your local distributor (or one that you like to deal with) and get all your questions answered.

Before it is asked, no i do not have an idea on when shipping will begin.

Let me know what you think of the game!

#3169 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

I've played this game for several hours and love it.

Where did you play it?

#3170 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The biggest disappointment is the delay from revealing the game to shipping the game. Creating hype and then letting it all go stale is dumb.

They should announce and have the games ready to ship sooner.

The delay is the reason for this entire thread of speculation. People lose interest until the game is actually available to play, so all they can do is complain about the soundtrack

It doesn't hurt sales for them to show the game earlier. When something costs $9,500 it's good to give people a chance to reserve their money for it instead of buying the 3 other games that come out from other manufacturers during that time. It also helps the manufacturer know what to expect as far as sales when you have some time to generate excitement.

Movies have trailers more than 6 months in advance. Pinside is going to speculate all day whether you have 8 months or 2 weeks before a game comes out. It sucks to wait, but we can always get off the internet and actually just play pinball until it's time to get your new game.

#3171 6 years ago

It's been delivered to Level 257 in Schaumburg, IL. Just played it for about 2 hours. Best JJP widebody and will be best game of 2018, if it's not I can't wait to see what beats it!

#3172 6 years ago

Quick flyby video

#3173 6 years ago

Player One Ball one..

#3174 6 years ago

I noticed in that first video those glasses on that table were empty!
This is a stunning game! Lots to say about it cant wait to see more code get done. Hopefully with the demand Jack can go back to Disney and ask for more rights!

#3175 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I noticed in that first video those glasses on that table were empty!
This is a stunning game! Lots to say about it cant wait to see more code get done. Hopefully with the demand Jack can go back to Disney and ask for more rights!

After a while there were a few empty glasses on that table. They have some great local craft beer at Level 257. Its dangerous..

#3176 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

It doesn't hurt sales for them to show the game earlier. When something costs $9,500 it's good to give people a chance to reserve their money for it instead of buying the 3 other games that come out from other manufacturers during that time. It also helps the manufacturer know what to expect as far as sales when you have some time to generate excitement.
Movies have trailers more than 6 months in advance. Pinside is going to speculate all day whether you have 8 months or 2 weeks before a game comes out. It sucks to wait, but we can always get off the internet and actually just play pinball until it's time to get your new game.

Another reason for a delay is to test the games in the wild and find/fix any issues before games start shipping. I really like this approach. It's better for everyone that things get found before games leave the factory.

#3177 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Multiple strategies and different ways to tackle the game with differentiating mini wizard modes is what I’m hoping for.

Likewise. And it looks to be set up that way with the character selection menu for starters.

Just like Lyman, who has made BM66 fantastic, Keith crushing it is a given with this layout and theme especially.

I'd like to see some "minor villain" esque type modes, mb's and mini wizards.

As for when I get my CE, doesn't matter, I developed patience with Woz.

I agree with ltd73, if this isn't the best game of 2018 I'd love to see what will be!

#3178 6 years ago

We couldn't get Pirates to malfunction after 2 straight hours of play on the day it was installed, very impressive.
Houdini was installed in December and we got it to stall a few times, those issues seem to be solved, we ran it hard last week with no issues. We were going there to play Houdini last night but Pirates showed up and we never left it.

#3179 6 years ago

ltd73 you are really making me want to put a deposit down. It is refundable so little risk. Recent thread suggested it over Alien, Houdini and TBL for next new pin purchase. I am pretty much onboard, just waiting to see these finalized and then to find one to play. On the other hand I could wait til then and add six months before moving ahead. Then try to catch a HUO sale. Might not have the patience for that, so I could be in the market for a JJPOTC sooner than planned.

#3180 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I could be in the market for a JJPOTC sooner than planned

You can do it!!!!!!

#3181 6 years ago

ltd73 you are really making me want to put a deposit down. It is refundable so little risk. Recent thread suggested it over Alien, Houdini and TBL for next new pin purchase. I am pretty much onboard, just waiting to see these finalized and then to find one to play. On the other hand I could wait til then and add six months before moving ahead. Then try to catch a HUO sale. Might not have the patience for that, so I could be in the market for a JJPOTC sooner than planned.

If you're coming to tpf stop in the booth. You can talk to my brother (designer) about the game, Jack about the comany and myself abut the purchase. Everything you need in one booth.

#3182 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If you're coming to tpf stop in the booth. You can talk to my brother (designer) about the game, Jack about the comany and myself abut the purchase. Everything you need in one booth.

I would definitely suggest getting a tutorial from Eric if you can, there is alot going on but it's fun to play. The more I figured out the better it got.

#3183 6 years ago

If it's in your price range go for it. Houdini is a great pin too but Pirates is on a different level. I haven't played the other two games, but they don't seem to be delivering anytime soon. You should come to Level 257 and try them both out!

#3184 6 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

You should come to Level 257 and try them both out!

I just may swing by as I pass through the area (half hour out of our way on a pin fetching trip) on Feb 9th. Man is that real tempting ... ridiculous to just play a pinball game ... but oh sooo tempting. If I tell my wife, we'll be making a detour.

#3185 6 years ago

Does anyone have a list of all the locations that you can play a JJPOTC currently?

#3186 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Does anyone have a list of all the locations that you can play a JJPOTC currently?

Yep the list is:
1 257 in Schaumburg
2 that’s it
Lol

#3187 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just may swing by as I pass through the area (half hour out of our way on a pin fetching trip) on Feb 9th. Man is that real tempting ... ridiculous to just play a pinball game ... but oh sooo tempting. If I tell my wife, we'll be making a detour.

Half hour isnt so bad, they have really high end yuppie bowling alley food so you can have dinner there. Think of how many people are going all the way to Texas to play Pirates. Then remeber that you get to play Houdini for the bonus. Oh, and there usually isn't anybody there so NO LINES...

#3188 6 years ago

It’s a good detour. Food is good. It will be worth it as pirates is a top notch pin.

#3189 6 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Half hour isnt so bad, they have really high end yuppie bowling alley food so you can have dinner there. Think of how many people are going all the way to Texas to play Pirates. Then remeber that you get to play Houdini for the bonus. Oh, and there usually isn't anybody there so NO LINES...

Quoted from fuseholder:

It’s a good detour. Food is good. It will be worth it as pirates is a top notch pin.

You guys twisted my arm enough ... didn't take much to nudge me. I mentioned it to my wife and now I have to find a hotel in the area as we are going to turn it into an "adventure" for the night. Maybe Kieth or Eric will show up to check on it and explain the game play a bit. I wont hold my breath on that though. My wife (& I) have this pin on our radar, currently a "maybe", so this might help us to make a decision. A good side "adventure".

#3190 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You guys twisted my arm enough ... didn't take much to nudge me. I mentioned it to my wife and now I have to find a hotel in the area as we are going to turn it into an "adventure" for the night. Maybe Kieth or Eric will show up to check on it and explain the game play a bit. I wont hold my breath on that though. My wife (& I) have this pin on our radar, currently a "maybe", so this might help us to make a decision. A good side "adventure".

I'll be there. Planning a little launch party that night.

Cheers,

Eric

#3191 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I'll be there. Planning a little launch party that night.
Cheers,
Eric

Awesome! .... but longer lines to play. We'll have to try our best to get there earlier then.

#3192 6 years ago

Yep I’m going to TPF mainly to get my hands on JJPOTC and meet Jack & CO. Can’t wait Now that JJ from gex finally woke up - I’ve got to figure out who to buy from

#3193 6 years ago

Two Hyatt hotels not even a mile from 257 and the Mall.

#3194 6 years ago

And while your going to play Pirates, I strongly suggest the lobster mac n cheese! For a game room bowling alley their food is amazing!

#3195 6 years ago

I was there the day they delivered it to level 257 for my Birthday. I was the third play on the machine. Did they fix the plunger? It was out of whack when I played it.

#3196 6 years ago

Here is our 1 hour+ interview with Eric Meunier about POTC.
Lots of new info about the machine in the interview. It starts pretty much straight away. Give it a listen and let me know what you think!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/01/29/episode-28-eric-meunier-from-jersey-jack-pinball/

#3197 6 years ago

When playing Pirates (or Hobbit) one needs to keep the cold beer close for a quick draw.

I had to design a individually painted in theme beer holster....

DSC_0318.JPGDSC_0318.JPG
DSC_0313.JPGDSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0304.JPGDSC_0304.JPG

#3198 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

When playing Pirates (or Hobbit) one needs to keep the cold beer close for a quick draw.
I had to design a individually painted in theme beer holster....

That looks awesome!

#3199 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

That looks awesome!

Thanks!

#3200 6 years ago

Best custom pin cup ive seen. I smell a Twipy award category here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/64?hl=georgeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.