FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 76.
#3001 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

I must of misunderstood. But i could have sworn JJP boasted about having this game ship in Jan.

First quarter of 2018.... if its like di then it will be the end of the said quarter. Guess will see but id guess some standards and le for testing around feb/march then le's in full force in april for a few month's. Then ce's will come 3/months after that.

#3002 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

First quarter of 2018.... if its like di then it will be the end of the said quarter. Guess will see but id guess some standards and le for testing around feb/march then le's in full force in april for a few month's. Then ce's will come 3/months after that.

Dialed In was shipping in the middle of the 2nd quarter. They nailed their estimate. I expect they'll do the same with jPotC. I expect it to start shipping in Feb since they said 1Q.

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dialed In was shipping in the middle of the 2nd quarter. They nailed their estimate. I expect they'll do the same with jPotC. I expect it to start shipping in Feb since they said 1Q.

I hope... just going off what some distro's said. Also he askes about ce which will happen after many le's and standards i believe.

#3004 6 years ago

I haven't gotten a solid answer on whether or not there is any theme music and what exactly they are going to use the big display for other than the images of maps/charts you see in the videos? Is this something that should evolve with the code as it was only 20% complete?

The feature matrix shows a laser cut and lit topper for the LE, has anyone seen this yet?

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't gotten a solid answer on whether or not there is any theme music and what exactly they are going to use the big display for other than the images of maps/charts you see in the videos? Is this something that should evolve with the code as it was only 20% complete?

The music will not be from the movies but is "inspired by" and adjusted to work better for a pinball game. There is a touch of licensed music, but not from the pirates movies. There will be plenty of movie clips on the screen, they will just never show an actors face.

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

There will be plenty of movie clips on the screen, they will just never show an actors face.

Pretty crazy for an $8500/$9500/$12500 game. Can’t believe Disney let’s their actors rape them on movie contracts and Warner Bros is the smart one. Seriously, Depp says “I retain all rights of my characters voice and video” and Disney says ok??? All actors/actresses got that deal?? Ridiculous.

#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pretty crazy for an $8500/$9500/$12500 game. Can’t believe Disney let’s their actors rape them on movie contracts and Warner Bros is the smart one. Seriously, Depp says “I retain all rights of my characters voice and video” and Disney says ok??? All actors/actresses got that deal?? Ridiculous.

Agreed.... I've ordered one but it just seems very odd to not have any actor voice callouts or theme music. You think the theme music could have been the easier license to get, especially just the main song since it is used in all 5 movies.
The lack of any video showing an actors face is odd as well since you can play as 22 of the characters. Theme integration would be better if there were clips of these characters tied into game.

Maybe this is the state of the current code and will evolve prior release?

#3008 6 years ago

I can't imagine LOTR without character voices/callouts. How was Stern able to get all their assets? Was licensing different back in the day?

#3009 6 years ago

Stern went through the same deal with POTC they wrote their own script more or less and used fake voices and had a struggle with Disney all along the way. The stories are out there. David Thiel the audio genius has talked about it since he led the audio for both games then and now. Different studios like warner bros do things differently than Disney. That’s the deal.

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Stern went through the same deal with POTC they wrote their own script more or less and used fake voices and had a struggle with Disney all along the way. The stories are out there. David Thiel the audio genius has talked about it since he led the audio for both games then and now. Different studios like warner bros do things differently than Disney. That’s the deal.

This is all true.

I think the thing that has most people flabbergasted is that this offering is 2-3 times more expensive than the Stern POTC. People who like the theme have the same complaints with that one as well, no theme music or actor callouts.

If this machine was 6-8k I wouldn’t be as concerned.

#3011 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is all true.
I think the thing that has most people flabbergasted is that this offering is 2-3 times more expensive than the Stern POTC. People who like the theme have the same complaints with that one as well, no theme music or actor callouts.
If this machine was 6-8k I wouldn’t be as concerned.

One correction, the JJP POTC is 3-4 times Better in Every way than the Stern attempt! With or without voices!

#3012 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

One correction, the JJP POTC is 3-4 times Better in Every way than the Stern attempt! With or without voices!

I'm sure it will be and I have one ordered. Wasn't exactly the point I was trying to make.

Would just be nice to see a MFG go all in on whatever it takes to secure all licenses and make it a true collector edition and charge whatever it takes.

They will still sell plenty as there are that many collectors where price is no object, Jmho.

#3013 6 years ago

I agree it's not the same without clips and sounds from the film's. Hobbit is great in that department. It's what pulled the immersion level together. I do hope that the custom music and call outs in potc will still pull you in and make for both exciting and eerie pirate moments come to life. I have faith jjp will make it great.

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Would just be nice to see a MFG go all in on whatever it takes to secure all licenses and make it a true collector edition and charge whatever it takes.

But the cost could be horrendous. Deal with each individual actor or actress. And that is the first part. Okay. Rights were bought. Times twenty three. Some cheaper than others. Times 23 all the attorneys and what not to do it.

Then show one of the twenty three parts to Disney. Audio or video. And Disney says no. ( think back to the hell Stern's POTC went through ) then try and fix what ever to get it in, or delete it.

This isn't hundreds more per game. This is thousands more per game.

If this could have been done reasonable. I'm sure Jersey Jack Pinball would have done it.

As it is. JJP is working with what they have. And have some of the best people there ever was doing it. And are working hard to make a great game.

LTG : )

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pretty crazy for an $8500/$9500/$12500 game.

Quoted from LTG:

Achievement awarded: 10k by Christmas. Next achievement: 100k by Christmas.

#3016 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But the cost could be horrendous. Deal with each individual actor or actress. And that is the first part. Okay. Rights were bought. Times twenty three. Some cheaper than others. Times 23 all the attorneys and what not to do it.
Then show one of the twenty three parts to Disney. Audio or video. And Disney says no. ( think back to the hell Stern's POTC went through ) then try and fix what ever to get it in, or delete it.
If this could have been done reasonable. I'm sure Jersey Jack Pinball would have done it.
As it is. JJP is working with what they have. And have some of the best people there ever was doing it. And are working hard to make a great game.

An obvious question perhaps, but if the limits of this license were known going in based on the past, then why revisit it?
No one was necessarily lining up with any interest of a new pirates game. (Until now)

JJP must have had a clear vision going in and how to work around it.

#3017 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

then why revisit?

There were other reasons in the deal.

Quoted from Vino:

JJP must have known what direction they were going in

Probably not until design and planning started.

Quoted from Vino:

and how to work around it.

They did. JJPPOTC got high praise at it's Expo debut.

#3018 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There were other reasons in the deal.

A package deal perhaps?!

They did. JJPPOTC got high praise at it's Expo debut.

They sure did, and it looks great so far!

Thanks LLoyd!

#3019 6 years ago

I agree, gameplay, art, toys look fantastic.

I disagree that it would be thousands more per machine to secure the one main theme song from the soundtrack.

I would put it up there right behind Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

It is a song that I think would be awesome to play pinball to if worked into the game.

All this being said, I’m still excited for it and can’t wait to get mine!

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I myself only seen the cannon shot 2-3 times during my view at Expo but in asking the JJP team they said the rocking ship was dialed down severely to extend play and also set to favor left to keep the ball up longer so it didn't roll off the right side to give players a chance. The byproduct of that also meant that proper aiming of the door shot and cannon fire direction were futile at best. WAY cool game and as usual Jacks awesome new toy pried my wallet open for a CE. Now I have 4 month (ish) to come up with a story to tell my wife what We bought!!

If you wouldn’t mind sharing the story...might be valuable at this price point....crafting mine now...

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you wouldn’t mind sharing the story...might be valuable at this price point....crafting mine now...

I can answer that with the tradition and honest response. I started with Honey talk, then ended up at Lowe's where she now has a New computer screen type refrigerator, and a Wifi stove?? Fair trade for happy life and my CE is now Approved! lol

#3022 6 years ago

Guys I know a little something about pinball licensing negotiations now, all the desire and good will to do it right don’t mean anything sometimes. It’s rarely as simple as you think it should be. Just the nature of things.

Pinball is special to us. It’s no different than a T-shirt or a lunch box to other people when it comes to business. Just another licensing deal. You get what you get. I’d just make your peace with it, I’m sure the JJP people got whatever they could, clearly they worked hard on this game.

#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guys I know a little something about pinball licensing negotiations now, all the desire and good will to do it right don’t mean anything sometimes. It’s rarely as simple as you think it should be. Just the nature of things.
Pinball is special to us. It’s no different than a T-shirt or a lunch box to other people when it comes to business. Just another licensing deal. You get what you get. I’d just make your peace with it, I’m sure the JJP people got whatever they could, clearly they worked hard on this game.

Totally agree. I’m more flabbergasted that Disney gives away their assets to their actors/actresses and Warner Bros smartly hangs on to them.

Still, you’d think they would go for a couple full licenses like Depp’s audio/video and the theme song.

#3024 6 years ago

Anyone know what the JJPOTC RadCal option looks like on the SE and LE? Is it the CE RadCal cabinet art? I'd be interested in getting that...

#3025 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone know what the JJPOTC RadCal option looks like on the SE and LE? Is it the CE RadCal cabinet art? I'd be interested in getting that...

It’s the same SE/LE art in RadCal form. You do know what RadCals are, right?

#3026 6 years ago

What is this Radcal anyway???

#3027 6 years ago

It’s a thicker glossier decal all jjp games have them as an option other than ECLE WOZ which was direct printed cabinets. The other jjp games have decals and the radcal option

#3028 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It’s a thicker glossier decal all jjp games have them as an option other than ECLE WOZ which was direct printed cabinets. The other jjp games have decals and the radcal option

Thank you very much..
So, is the Radcal worth the price?

#3029 6 years ago

Depends on how you feel about the look. I have a Hobbit Smaug with regular decals. I thought the Smaug radcals were too glossy. They showed fingerprints easily. When black arrow Hobbit came out I saw the radcal cabinet side by side with the regular cabinet and I must say, if I were to buy a black arrow I’d be tempted to get the fancier decals.

#3030 6 years ago

Yeah but can you get the JJPOTC CE cabinet decals on the other models, SE and LE, is my question. Llyod?

#3031 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Yeah but can you get the JJPOTC CE cabinet decals on the other models, SE and LE, is my question. Llyod?

As far as i am aware, you can only get the CE art on the CE machine. The RadCals on the SE and LE will be the SE and LE art.

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

As far as i am aware, you can only get the CE art on the CE machine. The RadCals on the SE and LE will be the SE and LE art.

That's a missed opportunity if so, at least in my case.

#3033 6 years ago

The Davy Jones art package, the barnacles and the unique charcoal armor, the CE playfield backgkass and topper are unique to the CE.
It’s what helps make the CE special.

#3034 6 years ago

PinballSTAR's JJP Pirates of the Caribbean LAUNCH PARTY - at Pinball Gallery, Malvern PA - Sat December 9th - (12 - 4pm) !

PinballSTAR has arranged to have a POTC game available to our east coast pinball friends. Like our prior reveal parties we will be at the wonderful location owned by Bill Disney - Pinball Gallery in Malvern PA...

TO ATTEND : We do need an RSVP sent to [email protected] - please put 'PIRATES PARTY' in the subject line and give us names of each person who will be attending. Even if you can't make the party to get on the list for the latest Pirates info, pictures, and ordering details email Joe at [email protected] to get on our email newsletter list ! And we are currently taking orders on all Pirates models - Standard, Limited, and Collectors Editions.

Party features :
- JJP's new game Pirates of the Caribbean will be there to play !
- Several other JJP games such as WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In will be on site to play - depends on Pinball Gallery game lineup at that time !
- Jersey Jack Guarnieri will be in attendance signing autographs, shaking hands / kissing babies, and of course explaining the fantastic playfield layout and gameplay of Pirates !
- The entire Pinball Gallery arcade to play - OVER 65 pinballs and arcade machines ! Stay all day / night even after the party is over.
- Door prizes given throughout the party - possible prizes are : POTC Swag, POTC Flyers, Limited Edition PinballSTAR POTC Posters and Trading Cards, and more - all signed by Jack !
- Food - Light Snacks / Drinks

Door fee for the party is estimated to be $ 20 and you will have full use all day of Pinball Gallery.

Pinball Gallery
81 Lancaster Ave.
Great Valley Shopping Center, Store #20
Malvern, PA 19355
(484) 693-0693

Pinball Gallery is run by Bill Disney and is located outside Philadelphia (very close to King of Prussia).
Pinball Gallery Website - CHECK IT OUT ! Look at the VIDEO TOUR !!!
http://www.pinballgallery.net

LIKE PinballSTAR's Facebook page for the latest info on the POTC game :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

We hope to see everyone who can make it !!! Our parties are always at fun locations with tons of giveaways and great food !!!

TO ATTEND : We do need an RSVP sent to [email protected] - please put 'PIRATES PARTY' in heading and give us names of each person who will be attending.

Please also know we have many of the following games IN STOCK at this time that we sell - including JJP's Dialed In !

* Jersey Jack Pinball -
- Wizard of Oz - Standard, 75th Anniversary Ruby Red - IN STOCK
- The Hobbit - Standard, Limited, and Black Arrow - IN STOCK
- Dialed In - Standard, Limited, and Collector's - IN STOCK
- Pirates of the Caribbean - Standard, Limited, and Collector's - Pre-order

* Chicago Gaming Remakes -
- Medieval Madness Remake - Standard Edition - IN STOCK
- Attack From Mars Remake - Classic, Special, and Limited Editions - IN STOCK SOON !

* Spooky Pinball -
- Total Nuclear Annihilation - Pre-order (in production now)
- Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle (Pre-order coming soon - taking interested list names at this time)

* American Pinball -
- Houdini - Pre-order (production to start by end of the year)

* VP Cabs - Virtual Pinball
AS SEEN IN MAY ON ABC'S SHARK TANK ! They got a deal with Daymond John !
- Wizard - Full sized, powder coated machine with about 60 FX2 pinball tables and 100's of classic pinball tables available for download. IN STOCK
- Vertigo - Vertical upright cabinet with about 60 FX2 pinball tables and 60 classic video games - get both pinball and video games in one cabinet. Also you can upgrade the base model to get the ability to download all the classic tables too ! IN STOCK
- Vortex - Table top Vertigo model IN STOCK
Check out their website THEN CONTACT US FOR PINBALLSTAR CUSTOMER DISCOUNTED PRICING : http://www.vpcabs.com

* Chicago Gaming -
- Arcade Legends 3 - 130 classic video games including Golden Tee Golf in one cabinet http://www.arcadelegends.com/ - IN STOCK
- Ms Pac Man / Galaga video game http://www.chicago-gaming.com/pacman.php - IN STOCK
- Coffee Table Foosball - great quality, it's like a piece of furniture http://www.chicago-gaming.com/signature.php - IN STOCK

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

pinballgallery (resized).jpgpinballgallery (resized).jpg
PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
POTCmatrix2 (resized).jpgPOTCmatrix2 (resized).jpg
potc5 (resized).pngpotc5 (resized).png

#3035 6 years ago

Not sure I like the whole characters plundering each other, or protection from plundering. What’s the point of all this during single play at home or arcade if you are playing by yourself? Does the computer try to steal your loot booty?

Otherwise certain characters will never be chosen outside of competitive play. I’d hate to see same actor chosen each time the way RD-D2 is on SW

#3036 6 years ago

I am looking forward to this game probably more than any since I got in the hobby in 2003.

I like a lot of shots/paths for the ball, and this certainly delivers and then some. I like the features of the game. I like that it will have custom callouts. I like the artwork. I like the creativity and seeing something new in a game with the moving playfield and the concentric spinning disks, etc... I like ramps that do multiple things. I like the physical ball ball lock that's also an inner orbit shot. Never playing the same game twice...I like that. I like the magnets. I like firing a cannon into another ship. I like the detail of toys in the game. I like the compass that tells you where to shoot. There is so much to like in this game to focus on.

I could be wrong, but I think the majority of people are going to have a blast with this game once they get it and won't be thinking about not hearing Johnny Depp or something else along those lines.

#3037 6 years ago

Hoping to hear some more reviews and any updates on this game this coming week at IIAPA.

#3038 6 years ago

Here's a couple videos I took at Chicago expo .

Stacked multiballs

Gameplay

#3039 6 years ago

Any updates at iiapa on the code or changes?

#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any updates at iiapa on the code or changes?

Someone in another thread said it was pretty much the same if not exactly the same. They didn't notice much new.

#3041 6 years ago

So I'm having a hard time figuring out how the rules are set up. Is it similar to Hobbit trying to progress through each movie, or is really random? How many modes, wizard modes, or mini wizard modes are in it? Also, anyone who's played it, does it have a one more game feel and is it a rush to play? Just trying to get a feel for it as I want another adrenaline rush type game with a journey aspect to it.

#3042 6 years ago

I really hate to say it, but I think I am passing on this machine. Without the original score and theme song and actor clips/callouts, this just is not Pirates of the Caribbean. I could understand if this were a $6,000 machine. But, this is $9,000-$13,000 pin depending on which edition you buy! For that kind of money, you would have thought custom shoutouts from Johnny Depp or at least Geoffrey Rush or Orlando Bloom. Mr. Gibbs? Yeah, not doing it at all for me.

To answer a lot of people's questions from a legal and licensing perspective, it all comes down to money. I am sure JJP could have got the licensing rights to more video and actor's faces and voices, but it would have cost them more money on a per unit sold basis. Was it worth it? Who knows. Really only those in the discussions and the negotiations would know. But, for my kids, an alleged "POTC-themed machine" with no Jack Sparrow, no Geoffrey Rush (Captain Barbosa), no Orlando Bloom (no Orlando Bloom)...just isn't a POTC machine at all.

In truth, the theme is nonexistent...it is just as bad if not much worse than the Stern machine if only for the fact that the Stern machine I can purchase on the secondary market for $3,000-$5,000 without having to pay $9,000-$13,000K.

Personally, I can't help but feel this was a major oversight on JJP. If they couldn't get the rights at a decent price point, they shouldn't have attempted the machine. This feels like price gouging for a POTC-themed machine that really is not POTC at all. The music appears to be horrible -- slow, dragging and no link to the POTC original score. And, a few shoutouts from Mr. Gibbs and cabinet/playfield art does not a POTC machine make...it just doesn't.

Hopefully, they have time to fix this before release? But, I am definitely passing until I see what the final product looks like.

#3043 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I am looking forward to this game probably more than any since I got in the hobby in 2003.
I like a lot of shots/paths for the ball, and this certainly delivers and then some. I like the features of the game. I like that it will have custom callouts. I like the artwork. I like the creativity and seeing something new in a game with the moving playfield and the concentric spinning disks, etc... I like ramps that do multiple things. I like the physical ball ball lock that's also an inner orbit shot. Never playing the same game twice...I like that. I like the magnets. I like firing a cannon into another ship. I like the detail of toys in the game. I like the compass that tells you where to shoot. There is so much to like in this game to focus on.
I could be wrong, but I think the majority of people are going to have a blast with this game once they get it and won't be thinking about not hearing Johnny Depp or something else along those lines.

I truly hope you are right. However, I am more pessimistic on this.

I think the more likely scenario is that they are going to have tons of pre-orders for this thing based on the interesting looking playfield and the "Pirates" theme, only to find out after they set it up that it has no callouts, music or clips from the original score/films.

My guess? There are going to be dozens of these machines hitting the secondary market shortly after release regardless of how fun the gameplay actually is.

#3044 6 years ago

^^^my same concern and I can only go off of videos and people's opinions who have played it. I was just as disappointed with the lack of music and video rights. I still think it can and will be an awesome game that would be great to own. I just want to hear more volume and atmosphere that the game puts out before deciding. I need it to be exciting and get adrenaline going. So far, I'm not seeing that, but then again it's early code on some quiet machines on YouTube videos for my basis. I keep debating between this and SW, and while I was originally disappointed with SW, it does seem to be fun and exciting. Hopefully new code and updated videos come out soon to see how potc is progressing.

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I can't imagine LOTR without character voices/callouts. How was Stern able to get all their assets? Was licensing different back in the day?

This.

And, to answer your question, no licensing itself was not any different. But, each licensing contract is going to be very unique -- and always has been. The question is, did JJP make the right call to develop a "POTC-themed" machine without the original theme song and callouts/clips from the most iconic actors in the franchise? Only time will tell. But, I for one am passing on this machine until I see a better effort and I can't imagine there are not more like me.

Really hard to justify spending $9K-$13K on a "fan" pin with no official IP other than cabinet/playfield art.

#3046 6 years ago

Personally I like the more pirate generic theme, I only wish the CE design was the LE.

#3047 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

I really hate to say it, but I think I am passing on this machine. Without the original score and theme song and actor clips/callouts, this just is not Pirates of the Caribbean. I could understand if this were a $6,000 machine. But, this is $9,000-$13,000 pin depending on which edition you buy! For that kind of money, you would have thought custom shoutouts from Johnny Depp or at least Geoffrey Rush or Orlando Bloom. Mr. Gibbs? Yeah, not doing it at all for me.
To answer a lot of people's questions from a legal and licensing perspective, it all comes down to money. I am sure JJP could have got the licensing rights to more video and actor's faces and voices, but it would have cost them more money on a per unit sold basis. Was it worth it? Who knows. Really only those in the discussions and the negotiations would know. But, for my kids, an alleged "POTC-themed machine" with no Jack Sparrow, no Geoffrey Rush (Captain Barbosa), no Orlando Bloom (no Orlando Bloom)...just isn't a POTC machine at all.
In truth, the theme is nonexistent...it is just as bad if not much worse than the Stern machine if only for the fact that the Stern machine I can purchase on the secondary market for $3,000-$5,000 without having to pay $9,000-$13,000K.
Personally, I can't help but feel this was a major oversight on JJP. If they couldn't get the rights at a decent price point, they shouldn't have attempted the machine. This feels like price gouging for a POTC-themed machine that really is not POTC at all. The music appears to be horrible -- slow, dragging and no link to the POTC original score. And, a few shoutouts from Mr. Gibbs and cabinet/playfield art does not a POTC machine make...it just doesn't.
Hopefully, they have time to fix this before release? But, I am definitely passing until I see what the final product looks like.

At the moment I have an LE ordered and may be changing my mind.

These are my thoughts exactly. I never would expect JJP to secure every possible aspect of licensing however.... at a minimum on this particular theme/franchise you absolutely need the main theme song at this price point.

Imagine Star Wars,Indy or GB without the main music.

I get it that the Stern potc doesn’t have the music but at least it could be easily added and at 1/3-1/2 the price.

Just my 2 cents, I’m sure the game will still be fun to play though.

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

So, based on your repeated posts your out unless the price was less. Got it. Stern pulled it off for Thousands of units and I am certain JJP will also. Great theme with or without padding an actors wallet. I am fine with impersonators as Stern did. They don't need to please every buyer but thus far the numbers and game play have shown this will be a hit for Many!

#3049 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So, based on your repeated posts your out unless the price was less. Got it. Stern pulled it off for Thousands of units and I am certain JJP will also. Great theme with or without padding an actors wallet. I am fine with impersonators as Stern did. They don't need to please every buyer but thus far the numbers and game play have shown this will be a hit for Many!

I agree with this. I know for me personally if it had all the assets from the movies, I wouldn't hesitate at all on this title. Without them though, I simply need to wait and see how the theme is integrated. I really don't have a problem with voice actors, lack of actors clips, or even the lack of licensed music. I do however need to have something in the audio that creates the pirates world and puts the player into intense mindsets during key moments of the journey. Again, it's a waiting game to see how jjp works their magic, and I trust nobody more than jjp to make it great.

#3050 6 years ago

Me personally, I think lots of scenes and music from the movie are a big negative. If I want those I’ll get the blue rays and soundtracks - it’s a lot cheaper. I really enjoy original stuff specially created for the pinball machine which I can’t get elsewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/61?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.