Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 76.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm going to call my Audi dealer and switch out my A6 for another A6 I think I'd like better.
They do this, right?

Lol, If JJP had that kind of Warranty reserve the NIB games would cost $30,000! lol Upgrade to the A8!

#2952 2 years ago

Every business eventually has to draw a line in the sand with respect to customer demands otherwise there is just no end. I also think the car analogy is much more appropriate than Costco for many reasons.

You should have just sold your pin and purchased the one you wanted without demonizing, unfairly IMO, the original seller. No one really screwed you over, it was just unfortunate timing.

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Several things actually.
Everybody’s heard of Costco right?
They take pretty much everything back.
If you’re not happy 100% with a product they sell, you can bring it back, even without the original receipt, and even if it’s past what the manufacturer deems is “too late.”
It’s just how they roll.
Since I thought I was a “good” customer in JJP’s eyes being said early supporter in giving him not one, but TWO games worth of money before even seeing my first game, I thought my request did seem simple enough.
If he really cared about keeping me a buyer of his future games, he could’ve told my local distributor to switch out the machines (since the Smaug was technically a higher value game at the time.) and replace it with a Black Arrow edition when they were ready.
The local distro could’ve easily sold a sub 50 play Smaug for $7500 to any of his/her clientele (since they were still a scarce item) and I’d have the game I wanted the whole time.
But that didn’t happen.
I got to do ALL the legwork on selling my game and still never got the factory updates/fixes that went on the later models before the game sold.
Could I have used the $$$ to buy a Black Arrow edition? Sure.
But,
Why bother continuing to support someone that doesn’t seem to want to keep you as happy as possible in the first place?
(Especially after helping them literally start up a business?)
Plus,
It doesn’t matter which industry you are dealing with.
People send back food all the time in restaurants because they weren’t happy with the final product.
Stern (for example,) learned their lesson the hard way with GB and still took care of people’s games.
Even the vocal KPG got a new populated PF.
Some even got brand new machines.
It’s all in the eyes of the beholder I guess.
The good distributors will have your back most of the time but, since I went with JJP direct on both games, my “guy” was less than helpful in my case.
Good customer service/relations keeps people coming back, period.
Yes, even if you (the manufacturer) decide to keep raising prices for no apparent reason.

You sound like a NIGHTMARE customer. And FWIW, pins arent a crappy Costco TV or gallon of mayo.

Keep it real dude. Nobody in their right mind believes a disto/manuf should take back a USED pin. Anymore than a car dealer should take back a used car because you 'like the new model better'.

Cmon.

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

You sound like a NIGHTMARE customer.

You must be confusing me for half the guys on here losing their $#!t over 2mm of ghosted inserts, to which I give two f*cks about on my games.

Glad to see carguments back in the mix though.
Levi must be jazzed.

Maybe if I gave August Horch some startup money back in the day he would’ve been more accommodating?
Too bad I returned my time machine and everything else I ever bought to Costco to go and find out...

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm going to call my Audi dealer and switch out my A6 for another A6 I think I'd like better.
They do this, right?

You're a valued customer, right?

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Several things actually.
If you’re not happy 100% with a product they sell, you can bring it back, even without the original receipt, and even if it’s past what the manufacturer deems is “too late.”
It’s just how they roll.
Since I thought I was a “good” customer in JJP’s eyes being said early supporter in giving him not one, but TWO games worth of money before even seeing my first game, I thought my request did seem simple enough.
If he really cared about keeping me a buyer of his future games, he could’ve told my local distributor to switch out the machines (since the Smaug was technically a higher value game at the time.) and replace it with a Black Arrow edition when they were ready.
The local distro could’ve easily sold a sub 50 play Smaug for $7500 to any of his/her clientele (since they were still a scarce item) and I’d have the game I wanted the whole time.
But that didn’t happen.
I got to do ALL the legwork on selling my game and still never got the factory updates/fixes that went on the later models before the game sold.
But,
Why bother continuing to support someone that doesn’t seem to want to keep you as happy as possible in the first place?
Plus,
People send back food all the time in restaurants because they weren’t happy with the final product.
Stern (for example,) learned their lesson the hard way with GB and still took care of people’s games.
The good distributors will have your back most of the time but, since I went with JJP direct on both games, my “guy” was less than helpful in my case.
Yes, even if you (the manufacturer) decide to keep raising prices for no apparent reason.

JJP will bend over backwards for their customers, but they won't bend over backwards with their balls in a knot.

You bought the game, sell it yourself.

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

You can do what I did fishbone.
Spend your hard earned $$$ on a TNA instead.

I'm not really into the artwork but would still play it in order to find out if I enjoyed the game enough to justify buying one.
Since Spooky currently doesn't have any distributors in Europe, I probably won't be running into a TNA anytime soon.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

You must be confusing me for half the guys on here losing their $#!t over 2mm of ghosted inserts, to which I give two f*cks about on my games.
Glad to see carguments back in the mix though.
Levi must be jazzed.
Maybe if I gave August Horch some startup money back in the day he would’ve been more accommodating?
Too bad I returned my time machine and everything else I ever bought to Costco to go and find out...

Yeah, hoping to get a defect in a PF fixed is exactly the same as wanting a free upgrade to the latest version of car/pin/phone/tv because 'wah, me like better'.

FYI, carguments > costco-guments

#2959 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Several things actually.
It’s just how they roll.
But that didn’t happen.
I got to do ALL the legwork on selling my game (which I did...) and still never got the factory updates/fixes that went on the later models before the game sold.
But,
Plus,

Seriously a ridiculous expectation for any company to return your used product for the newest shiny item because you like the new color or design better.

So just to understand, you are saying you'll never buy another jjp and support jack because you picked your own machine, later changed your mind, and wanted to have jack hand deliver a new design basically for different art work? If this isn't a joke, then why did you even enter a thread for the new jjp potc game if you'll never buy anyway and dislike jjp?

Seriously, time to go back talking about jjp4 in this thread.

#2960 2 years ago

Take it easy on Nimble guys...our stuff is really potent out here...

#2961 2 years ago

Haha, thanks RandomGuy for the bit of levity.

I just came into this thread originally saying (warning?) there will probably be a Black Pearl edition down the road similar to what they did for the Black Arrow edition, if current buyers were wanting more (themeatically) than what the current cabinet artwork is offering.
I then told a story...
Costco was later mentioned.
I am now known as the Freddy Kruger serial returner of all things on Pinside.
Great.

All I wanted was a Pepsi.

#2962 2 years ago

I can almost guarantee a later edition with different art. It works. They'll do it unless the game sucks and doesn't sell well.

#2963 2 years ago

NP is from Cali. It's what they expect out there

Take it easy on the poor guy!

#2964 2 years ago

I don't think the comparisons to the prior revisions really holds up well.

RRWoZ was done because they need to drive a higher price point and spur new sales (Product had been in front of customer way too long since introduction... RR gave it a fresh new boost).

Hobbit editions were done to add more pricing options.. and then the arrow version was trying to save lagging sales with another attempt at 'scarcity' - when it really was a closeout (I think).

DI didn't do this... they simply tweaked the design after the initial reveal.

If POTC is well received... they're will be no reason to make other editions... except like in the RR case where years later you may want to 'reboot' an existing design.

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

And if we can get JJP to sell some Churros with their POTC, then I’m in for sure!!

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If POTC is well received... they're will be no reason to make other editions... except like in the RR case where years later you may want to 'reboot' an existing design.

I love my WOZECLE, it was the colour that drew me to it. Not a fan of the RR but it is bomb for some...

I am trying to plan for a POTCLE, my only gripe is the lackluster black powder coat! This is the one disappointment after comparing the three previous titles and the hardware options provided. The LE will run $13K minimum CDN. WTF is with the stock black pc?

Does anyone know if the side rails are easily removed or are they taped on?

#2968 2 years ago

It’s not stock black it’s like a darkish gray with barnacles on it. I held the legs it is not just plain black.

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It’s not stock black it’s like a darkish gray with barnacles on it. I held the legs it is not just plain black.

That is the CE, not the LE.

#2970 2 years ago

If money were no object I would probably get the base machine and trick it out myself. I am sure as we speak there will be someone that sells a star cluster Mod based on the real date/time of the machine location. If not, maybe I should start on this? Then there is the side art. Not sure what the options are here, but simply do not like the fat heads of the characters that is currently offered. Probably some variation of the Black Pearl. Lastly I would black powder coat the legs and rails (kind of like WoZLE) and add my own custom topper.

Funny part is I probably could do the above for less than the LE....or maybe close to it. Side art might be the challenge

Who knows....then again, money is an object, so this is really a mute point!

#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Several things actually.
It’s just how they roll.
Sooo,
But that didn’t happen.
I got to do ALL the legwork on selling my game (which I did...) and still never got the factory updates/fixes that went on the later models before the game sold.
But,
Plus,

This sounds unreasonable to me. Sorry, but the comparisons are way off.

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I can almost guarantee a later edition with different art. It works. They'll do it unless the game sucks and doesn't sell well.

I don’t think so

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

All I wanted was a Pepsi
Just one Pepsi
And she wouldn't give it to me
Just a Pepsi

#2974 2 years ago

Any videos of the cannon being loaded and fired? I can’t tell where the shot is and where it shoots too.

#2975 2 years ago

Pinball machines are a high value item and the difficulty of taking them back and reselling them given packing issues, transportation, depreciation, etc. is extensive. If something is fatally wrong with the game, it should be taken back. If a customer is just dissatisfied with how it looks or plays after owning it or seeing newer models, I don’t think it can be returned. If I buy a 2016 car, I wouldn’t expect to return it when the 2017 models come out if I decide I like those better. The only difference here is that with a car you always know a newer model is around the corner. Not so with pins. However, maybe that should be the expectation.

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

JJP will bend over backwards for their customers, but they won't bend over backwards with their balls in a knot.
You bought the game, sell it yourself.

don't be so sure about that. Couple people around here are having to jump through hoops to get things wrong with their games remedied.

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any videos of the cannon being loaded and fired? I can’t tell where the shot is and where it shoots too.

The cannon loads from the upper playfield upper LH corner. Not sure how it is qualified, but a green insert lights up for it. Then you have to time the tipping right to shoot it into a ship at the upper LH corner of the playfield to get the jackpot. I saw someone do that at the expo reveal and Eric was there and pretty excited to see someone accomplish that. I don't know of any video of it, but I did see it. There were a few people with phone cameras recording that game, so "someone" has some footage of it.

#2978 2 years ago

Only one LCD screen? Man, with the removal of BOM and the increase in price I'm out!

Obviously, being facetious there. The game looks great. Curious to see how the modes work with all the different characters. I'm not a huge fan of picking different characters, but maybe it'll be fun. Also curious how the back-screen works/what it displays since, allegedly, they aren't using movie clips. From the small amount of video's posted it looks like they are doing good things here.

Can't wait to play one so I can see how it plays in person!

#2980 2 years ago

One of the things I thought was creative and Much needed in this game is how they used the small LCD screen by the player. Not only does it function as modes, gold, etc, but as a designed compass it is constantly pointing to "the thing you want most" (from the movie) which shows the direction via compass of where to shoot the ball! Call outs were great but having that little directional help with a title with SO many modes is a Great touch! I am impressed and a CE deposit holder. Best get working to save $$$...

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

don't be so sure about that. Couple people around here are having to jump through hoops to get things wrong with their games remedied.

I don't recall any of them purchasing from me though. Maybe that is something to think about. Find a distributor to back you when (if) you need it.

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The cannon loads from the upper playfield upper LH corner. Not sure how it is qualified, but a green insert lights up for it. Then you have to time the tipping right to shoot it into a ship at the upper LH corner of the playfield to get the jackpot. I saw someone do that at the expo reveal and Eric was there and pretty excited to see someone accomplish that. I don't know of any video of it, but I did see it. There were a few people with phone cameras recording that game, so "someone" has some footage of it.

I thought I heard that you have to shoot the spinners to unfurl the sails and qualify the cannon but I could be wrong. It seems a very difficult shot to actually make the cannon. Perhaps with code development they might do something to make it easier — for example, shoot the targets and stop the rocking for a short time.

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I don't recall any of them purchasing from me though. Maybe that is something to think about. Find a distributor to back you when (if) you need it.

that is true. Neither one bought through you on those.

#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DI sales are being crushed by POTC thankfully

Why thankfully? I don’t understand your position here at all. DI is a rad game.

And NimblePin, I think your expectations are unrealistic. You have a right to be upset, but not expect JJP to replace your game. Same outcome tho’ I guess, you’re done with JJP.

#2985 2 years ago

DI sales will be for the long haul. JJP can and likely will make them for 5 to 10 years. If it is a great game it will continue to sell along the way as word of mouth grows and if the prices are lowered that word of mouth sales could be accelerated even more.

#2986 2 years ago

I hope JJP sent one POTC proto to europe already.
SO WE CAN PLAY IT AT THE BIGGEST PINBALL FESTIVAL IN THE WORLD FOR 2017.

The dutch Pinball Expo 2017 11 and 12 november.

400 pinball machine on free play and the extra tournament machine's.

great game by the way, can't wait to play it.

evoluon 2 (resized).jpg

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is the CE, not the LE.

Is it possible the Pirates LE armour is Surplus "Black Arrow" armour?

I've never seen either in person, but it seems possible considering it doesn't really POP or tie it all together in my opinion.

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I hope JJP sent one POTC proto to europe already.
SO WE CAN PLAY IT AT THE BIGGEST PINBALL FESTIVAL IN THE WORLD FOR 2017.

Things don't happen on their own. Anyone contact JJP about this ?

LTG : )

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I believe i saw it in a review on youtube by our pinside friends from " sdtm " straight down the middle a pinball show
if im not mistaking the have 2 movies on the game
its a fun show btw!

#2991 2 years ago

Thanks Jorro. Yeah the successful cannon shot can be found I think:

#2992 2 years ago

Will JJP4 offer a factory installed full playfield protector option?

#2993 2 years ago

Cannon Shot: Once you get it on the rockin ship you have to hit the loop shot 2 or 3 times to lite the small metal door to the left. Very hard shot to hit and sometimes impossible depending on how the ship is rocking (sometimes it will rock more to the left). Once you get in the door, with the ship rockin you hit the lock bar button to fire the ball into a small hole on the other ship. I pursued this shot all day and only got to fire the canon twice and totally missed.

put my deposit down. This is the craziest game ive ever played.

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Will JJP4 offer a factory installed full playfield protector option?

Not sure it can bc of the spinning disks? You wld have ball hang up issues more than likely

#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Cannon Shot: Once you get it on the rockin ship you have to hit the loop shot 2 or 3 times to lite the small metal door to the left. Very hard shot to hit and sometimes impossible depending on how the ship is rocking (sometimes it will rock more to the left). Once you get in the door, with the ship rockin you hit the lock bar button to fire the ball into a small hole on the other ship. I pursued this shot all day and only got to fire the canon twice and totally missed.
put my deposit down. This is the craziest game ive ever played.

I myself only seen the cannon shot 2-3 times during my view at Expo but in asking the JJP team they said the rocking ship was dialed down severely to extend play and also set to favor left to keep the ball up longer so it didn't roll off the right side to give players a chance. The byproduct of that also meant that proper aiming of the door shot and cannon fire direction were futile at best. WAY cool game and as usual Jacks awesome new toy pried my wallet open for a CE. Now I have 4 month (ish) to come up with a story to tell my wife what We bought!!

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I myself only seen the cannon shot 2-3 times during my view at Expo but in asking the JJP team they said the rocking ship was dialed down severely to extend play and also set to favor left to keep the ball up longer so it didn't roll off the right side to give players a chance. The byproduct of that also meant that proper aiming of the door shot and cannon fire direction were futile at best. WAY cool game and as usual Jacks awesome new toy pried my wallet open for a CE. Now I have 4 month (ish) to come up with a story to tell my wife what We bought!!

I wld guess u have 8 monthes at least to the ce"s start shipping ..

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wld guess u have 8 monthes at least to the ce"s start shipping ..

Worth the wait and a winning bet on JJP. Most are waiting over a Year for code on Batman 66 to be playable and I won't even bring up TBL! I am in no hurry as long as they do what they do best! The Best machine available!

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Worth the wait and a winning bet on JJP. Most are waiting over a Year for code on Batman 66 to be playable and I won't even bring up TBL! I am in no hurry as long as they do what they do best! The Best machine available!

Agreed jjp is top notch imo...

#2999 2 years ago

I must of misunderstood. But i could have sworn JJP boasted about having this game ship in Jan.

#3000 2 years ago

First quarter 2018 is the official line.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside