FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 76.
#201 6 years ago

Fast and Furious feels like it had its jump the shark moment when they jumped the submarine and blew it up. Maybe the series still has life left in it but I'm rather done with it... just like POTC feels like it's done with.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Fast and Furious feels like it had its jump the shark moment when they jumped the submarine and blew it up. Maybe the series still has life left in it but I'm rather done with it... just like POTC feels like it's done with.

Difference is POTC box office returns have diminished with each sequel following the first two, F&F box office returns have got exponentially bigger and bigger with each release since the 5th movie - something that not many franchises are able to achieve, so there is certainly a growing market for F&F where as the general movie going population seem to have lost interest in POTC, there really is no better time for a F&F pin than now while the franchise is at its all time high.

#203 6 years ago

I agree that F&F has more life left in it than POTC which has faded.

#204 6 years ago

I am more excited to see what Eric comes up with for design than themes .

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I agree that F&F has more life left in it than POTC which has faded.

Question is how much longer will F&F be a billion dollar franchise and have the monumental fan base and financial appeal it currently has? If a F&F pin is ever going to be made it needs to be made now while the franchise is running on Nitrous and not when the franchise is running on empty!

(puns fully intended )

#206 6 years ago

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Election Edition

cncra (resized).jpgcncra (resized).jpg

command-and-conquer-red-alert-2-1200x630-c (resized).jpgcommand-and-conquer-red-alert-2-1200x630-c (resized).jpg

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe a film nior pin.
Hot dames, smoking, rainy nights, neon lights shining through hotel blinds....

Yes!
henry-with-back-to-window_1 (resized).pnghenry-with-back-to-window_1 (resized).png

#208 6 years ago

We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made. Little damn things. Smaller than my fist. But they're new!

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am more excited to see what Eric comes up with for design than themes .

Isn't Eric the guy that fixed the Woz light board issues. Electrical engineer background?

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Isn't Eric the guy that fixed the Woz light board issues. Electrical engineer background?

Yes.

That, and much more.

LTG : )

#211 6 years ago

http://www.spookypinball.com/http:/spookypinball.com/spooky-pinball-podcast-show-82/

Here is the interview he did with spooky a couple months ago. Explains his background and current status at jjp.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes , I believe he has knowledge in mechanical engineering as well . His family has been invovled in coin op and pinball for quite some time . Should be real interesting to see what he comes up with .

#213 6 years ago

Rumor has it that #4 is another original design, I hope this isn't true.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rumor has it that #4 is another original design, I hope this isn't true.

Rumor has it that #4 is a great license that you alone hate, I hope this is true.

#215 6 years ago

Is Eric's game confirmed to be JJP #4?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Nah, if that never ending runway from a few movies back wasn't a shark jumping moment nothing will be. I mean seriously, the runway the jet was going down would have had to have been like 40 miles long. LOL

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nah, if that never ending runway from a few movies back wasn't a shark jumping moment nothing will be. I mean seriously, the runway the jet was going down would have had to have been like 40 miles long. LOL

I was thinking of the car leaping from one building to the next in Dubai was the ultimate shark jumper

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was thinking of the car leaping from one building to the next in Dubai was the ultimate shark jumper

I watched that one just because Paul Walker had just died & hadn't seen any in awHile. It was pretty damn fun I'll tell you that.

#219 6 years ago

When the weight of a car can flip a tank, that was my jump the shark moment, that and Vin diesels leap and catch the girl in the middle of a bridge which soon followed...

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I do think they could do Back to the Future could have had some success if Stern hasn't tied it up. Iconic, humor, etc. Best timing for it already passed with the "future" year now being in the past and anniversary of movie celebration over with.

Do we know if Stern has tied it up? Will start a side fund now if so. The last thing I read on Pinside, Dutch Pinball had it tied up....and if that case, it's currently at the bottom of a swamp.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is Eric's game confirmed to be JJP #4?

Yes. Eric confirmed it.

#222 6 years ago

A new Super Marios Bros pinball machine or a Zelda pin could be incredible by JJP.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. Eric confirmed it.

Translate please.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Translate please.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A new Super Marios Bros pinball machine or a Zelda pin could be incredible by JJP.

A new mario pinball has alot of potential. With all the castles with each koopa kid for the modes or the air ship from mario 3!

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Translate please.

The question was "Is Eric's game confirmed to be JJP #4"? I said "Yes, Eric confirmed it". What needs translating?

Eric said during the Rocky Mountsin Show that he is the designer of the next JJP game which is on target to be revealed at this year's Expo. He did not reveal any details about theme or give any game specific information.

#227 6 years ago

I'm in on a star wars Le currently, but I'm really tempted to wait and see jjp4 first. Wish it was being announced sooner.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm in on a star wars Le currently, but I'm really tempted to wait and see jjp4 first. Wish it was being announced sooner.

Don't sweat it. You'll get your game by August, and the JJP game won't be announced until October. By the time it ships, you might be tired of your SW, so you can sell it and buy the JJP.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't sweat it. You'll get your game by August, and the JJP game won't be announced until October. By the time it ships, you might be tired of your SW, so you can sell it and buy the JJP.

That's actually not a bad strategy Boobie!

Had to watch POTC yesterday at movies because GOTG was sold out.

Really hoping its NOT POTC, it was watchable but just tired and old, more of the same.

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Question is how much longer will F&F be a billion dollar franchise and have the monumental fan base and financial appeal it currently has? If a F&F pin is ever going to be made it needs to be made now while the franchise is running on Nitrous and not when the franchise is running on empty!
(puns fully intended )

FnF got major ramp ups because they bring in great actors/actresses/directors. How much longer it can keep going is about who will be the director.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dudes...I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Seriously why would you want to spend $9000 on a Nintendo themed pinball?

$299 gets you a Nintendo Switch
$59 Zelda Breath of the Wild
$59 Super Mario Odyssey

The Switch is literally why I'm barely playing pinball right now, and definitely won't be buying anymore pinball machines. Such a low price for such a huge amount of entertainment. I'm playing this right now with friends around the world:

Here are my pre-orders for the year...and it's not a pinball...they'll release on time with complete code, $59 a pop:

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dudes...I'm a huge Nintendo fan. Seriously why would you want to spend $9000 on a Nintendo themed pinball?
$59 Super Mario Odyssey
The Switch is literally why I'm barely playing pinball right now, and definitely won't be buying anymore pinball machines. Such a low price for such a huge amount of entertainment. I'm playing this right now with friends around the world:
» YouTube video
Here are my pre-orders for the year...and it's not a pinball...they'll release on time with complete code, $59 a pop:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Arms is fing hard

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Arms is fing hard

It takes a few plays to get used to the controls - but then it feels super intuitive...just super fun and satisfying to play. People are already so good at it though - I got absolutely creamed in the ranked matches...but, that's how competitive gamers are these days - they Rainman this shit. Thankfully Nintendo always has good modes for more casual players - the Online Party mode is great. Plus, you can play against people on your friends list. I played against my old college friend's 10 year old son and whooped him lol ...

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Switch is literally why I'm barely playing pinball right now

I'm playing Switch now, too...but I'm pretty sure it's a different game.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Unfortunately, the going price of these units seems closer to $400 right now.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$59 Super Mario Odyssey
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Lol, yeah. To be fair people could say buy movies for $20 instead of a movie based pin, and buy the band's album for $15 instead of a pin.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Unfortunately, the going price of these units seems close to $400 right now.

Retail is $299. This isn't pinball...nothing's limited...anyone who wants one at $299 will get one. Don't pay scalpers!

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$8000

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, yeah. To be fair people could say buy movies for $20 instead of a movie based pin, and buy the band's album for $15 instead of a pin.

That's what I'm doing from now on! I've got my Ghostbusters Blu-Ray....my Lebowski Blu-Ray...don't need the pins for them. For the cost of a pinball machine, you can buy a whole bad-ass projector home theater setup and still have money left over.

#240 6 years ago

JJP is likely following up WoZ with the trippy connected movie Zardoz! Each machine will come with a lifetime supply of LSD and red diapers.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Retail is $299. This isn't pinball...nothing's limited...anyone who wants one at $299 will get one. Don't pay scalpers!

Do you know where I can get them for $299? I need 3 of them. I've been waiting for supply to catch up.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Do you know where I can get them for $299? I need 3 of them. I've been waiting for supply to catch up.

From any store when they're in stock.

I want some Neon Red Joy-Cons...but I'm not gonna pay the scalper price. Patience.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

From any store when they're in stock.
I want some Neon Red Joy-Cons...but I'm not gonna pay the scalper price. Patience.

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to pay scalper prices either.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

POTC might work but....I could see a reaction similar to what I heard for The Hobbit, ie "what do you mean this just came out?"

Quoted from trunchbull:

I'd love to see a Toy Story pin that focused on Buzz Lightyear,

LOL

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't want to pay scalper prices either.

Best way to get one without being scalped is going with a bundle from GameStop. You won't pay scalper prices but you will pay for some things you might not actually want. I just ordered the Arms bundle today (grey joycons, Arms physical game and 64gb microSD card for $400) actually and it ships by 6/30. My buddy did one of their bundles last week and his shipped a couple days after he ordered.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$59 Super Mario Odyssey
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I'm actually leaning this way in general. For $59 a pop I can get 100 hours + of entertainment out of the right multiplayer game. Even if I get 10-15 hours out of it it's just better bang for buck than $8-9k for a new game...and I'm honestly entertained as much or more. No effing with crap breaking, no maintenance, no space worries, no moving a 300lb machine up/down stairs into my game room. Video games are sounding better and better the more I think about it. Seriously thinking of cashing out to about 3 pins.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm actually leaning this way in general. For $59 a pop I can get 100 hours + of entertainment out of the right multiplayer game. Even if I get 10-15 hours out of it it's just better bang for buck than $8-9k for a new game...and I'm honestly entertained as much or more. No effing with crap breaking, no maintenance, no space worries, no moving a 300lb machine up/down stairs into my game room. Video games are sounding better and better the more I think about it. Seriously thinking of cashing out to about 3 pins.

Yeah man! That's the move....send me your Friend Code when you get a Switch! Forget multiplayer with "short ball times" ...we can do a few races of Mario Kart or a few bouts of ARMS together for 10 or 20 minutes from across the country! Super fun, super comfy, won't break the bank! The more I think about what we've gotten used to in pinball...the more I think we're bonkers lol. I've bought countless ColorDMD's for $399 ...and it's just a friggin' screen...a Switch is $299 lol ....why am I hemming and hawing about buying a PS4? $249 for the system or $399 for the higher end version. Compared to a ColorDMD...we're all nuts!

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Election Edition

OMG I absolutly loved all the C&C titles (until renegade). I still have that Russian theme music from the levels going through my head. The scripted and filmed cut scenes with real actors (some of them fairly famous) was so cool. I still have the entire collection on my desktop and playable. This world needs more quality RTS games. It seems like all they want to make now is FPS.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah man! That's the move....send me your Friend Code when you get a Switch! Forget multiplayer with "short ball times" ...we can do a few races of Mario Kart or a few bouts of ARMS together for 10 or 20 minutes from across the country! Super fun, super comfy, won't break the bank! The more I think about what we've gotten used to in pinball...the more I think we're bonkers lol. I've bought countless ColorDMD's for $399 ...and it's just a friggin' screen...a Switch is $299 lol ....why am I hemming and hawing about buying a PS4? $249 for the system or $399 for the higher end version. Compared to a ColorDMD...we're all nuts!

So true.

Was only thinking the same - color dmd same as a brand new console with endless hours of entertainment.

I am thinking of getting an Xbox X in the fall but put off by the high price..... and yet will spend $1000's on a single pinball.

It is crazy but like others I justify it by saying I won't lose much money. Pinball is kind of like the game, pass the parcel.... as long as everyone keeps this insane mentality, the show must go on!

When pinball games start depreciating in a normal way, then boom.

I feel like I am pretty close to stopping myself and that is a reason I am starting to get into gaming again.

#250 6 years ago

Haha I mean, I could see the reaction for both, but I think there's more cultural goodwill towards the Toy Story franchise given that it hasn't become an icon for Hollywood budget inflation like Pirates has, even if people are wearying on Pixar sequels.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/5?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.