Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 76.
#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

False. It's not sold until full payment is in and the game is shipped. Until then you have 160 interested enough to drop a small deposit. Still, pretty impressive that many $12.5k CEs were reserved!

Fully refundable ....dont forget.

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wld guess 2 or 3 new stern pins , a cgc remake and a spooky title will be released at least by the time the ce starts shipping.... and probably the le also.

that would be

GOTG
Iron Maiden
Dead Pool or Pulp Fiction?
Monster Bash
Alice Cooper

Plus Alien shipping in quantity

Houdini
TNA

That's a lot of $$$ sucked out of the pool, unless people actually follow through on not buying Stern Nib

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

that would be
GOTG
Iron Maiden
Monster Bash
Alice Cooper
Houdini
TNA
That's a lot of $$$ sucked out of the pool, unless people actually follow through on not buying Stern Nib

Yea i didnt mention the others bc they have been out but thats alot of pins ti choose from before jjp even ships.

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

that would be
GOTG
Iron Maiden
Monster Bash
Alice Cooper
Houdini
TNA

Pulp Fiction would be amazing, but we'd probably get a decorative suitcase that opened with a light in it and a static decorative katana over the left Zed ramp as toys.

#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pulp Fiction would be amazing, but we'd probably get a decorative suitcase that opened with a light in it and a static decorative katana over the left Zed ramp as toys.

gimp action figure that is similar to the tube dancer in BBB.

#2906 2 years ago

Iceman.

Quoted from iceman44: DI sales are being crushed by POTC thankfully

Interesting, I would like to see the data on that.

#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Iceman.

Well it's coming straight from the distributors comments

I'd say that's pretty exciting for them and JJP

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

Iceman.

Presales are more than di but that dont mean anything.... but i do expect potc to sell better than all other jjp title's even know the prices are getting stupid high.

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Presales are more than di but that dont mean anything.... but i do expect potc to sell better than all other jjp title's even know the prices are getting stupid high.

I don't believe there are enough people willing to pay $9500 for POTC LE for it to exceed WOZ sales which are likely around 3000 to 3500.
If they drop the price on POTC LE after the initial excitement orders are delivered then maybe they can get 3000 or so sales.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If they drop the price on POTC LE after the initial excitement orders are delivered then maybe they can get 3000 or so sales.

That will NEVER happen. Can you imagine the backlash from the initial buyers?

#2911 2 years ago

At the high end of the market people want quality and are willing to pay extra so I think we will all be surprised how many they sell. No one will buy a SW LE after seeing even a video of JJPOTC - there is just no comparison between them - there's not even a shaker on the SW LE anymore for heaven's sake.

#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I bought LOTR NIB in 2007 for $3400. So calculate that one. Stern managed to lower the price after 4 years of making games.

$3,400 in 2007 → $4,014.01 in 2017

#2913 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

No one will buy a SW LE after seeing even a video of JJPOTC - there is just no comparison between them.

I would and yeah the comparison I prefer SW, don't care for mini PF's even if they move around, that thing got boring just watching it, don't really like the half pf design or the spinning discs that close to the flippers, whirlpool ramp? who cares and then there's the theme. I think many would prefer SWLE over POTC, at least the pinheads I know. Its really amazing, button smashing for gold in POTC and its cool, no video clips and audio, also ok, I've watched a lot of JJPOTC and SW, SW gameplay is superior.

#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've watched a lot of JJPOTC and SW, SW gameplay is superior.

Dont you already have a SW? Why are you watching videos of it?? Stop waiting for code and play it!

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would and yeah the comparison I prefer SW, don't care for mini PF's even if they move around, that thing got boring just watching it, don't really like the half pf design or the spinning discs that close to the flippers, whirlpool ramp? who cares and then there's the theme. I think many would prefer SWLE over POTC, at least the pinheads I know. Its really amazing, button smashing for gold in POTC and its cool, no video clips and audio, also ok, I've watched a lot of JJPOTC and SW, SW gameplay is superior.

just like button smashing to kill tie fighters.

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Dont you already have a SW? Why are you watching videos of it?? Stop waiting for code and play it!

I have the pro with .92 and its great, I watch lots of pinball whether I own it or not.

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't believe there are enough people willing to pay $9500 for POTC LE for it to exceed WOZ sales which are likely around 3000 to 3500.

We paid $6500 for Woz and that felt like stupid $$$ back then

This time you also have the secondary market factor where people will be able to pick them up for a couple grand less

Gonna be really interesting

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well it's coming straight from the distributors comments
I'd say that's pretty exciting for them and JJP

I find this hard to believe...have you polled all the distributors...mines says thats not true, and he's one of the largest JJP distributors...either way it really doesn't matter...

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

that would be
GOTG
Iron Maiden
Monster Bash
Alice Cooper
Houdini
TNA

Unless something has changed from the Texas Pinball festival in March Pulp Fiction is not happening, the Miramax license holders are dicks.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's great to hear. This looks like a winner for JJP and I'm really looking forward to playing one. My first chance will likely be SFGE in June 2018, so it's going to be a long wait.

If they get it out by March, you might catch it on a route before then.

#2921 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

If they get it out by March, you might catch it on a route before then.

3 years ago I would have said there was no way, but lately pinball has been picking up here in the Charleston area, so you may be right!

We got like a dozen Star Wars machines right as they launched, I was super impressed. Rumor is there is even a Dialed In here on route, we are planning to go check it out soon.

At work we are lucky enough to have a pin in our break room, and the op swaps it out every few months for a new title. Right now we have Star Wars Pro. Maybe I can beg for a JJPOTC in there.

#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

3 years ago I would have said there was no way, but lately pinball has been picking up here in the Charleston area, so you may be right!
We got like a dozen Star Wars machines right as they launched, I was super impressed. Rumor is there is even a Dialed In here on route, we are planning to go check it out soon.
At work we are lucky enough to have a pin in our break room, and the op swaps it out every few months for a new title. Right now we have Star Wars Pro. Maybe I can beg for a JJPOTC in there.

Yeah, looks like The Break on Folly road has a Dialed In.

#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I just dont understand this license crap. I see the worst and most cheap games using all sounds and shit a license has. And on a 10k pinballmachine i cannot have a song which i can buy for 2 euro +- everywhere.

For 100 euro i can buy all songs + all blue ray movies with extra content easely.

Something a lot of people forget here, is that pins are not toys for private use, but publicly available entertaining machines.

And it's a totally different beast if you have to license stuff for private or public use.
Or does anyone think that TV stations can buy a movie for 5 bucks on Amazon and are allowed to show it then to their millions of viewers on saturday evening?

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Something a lot of people forget here, is that pins are not toys for private use, but publicly available entertaining machines.

Those days are over. >1/2 of pins sold (sterns at least and probably higher on the boutique stuff) is for HUO. Probably closer to 3/4 on the secondary market.

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Unless something has changed from the Texas Pinball festival in March Pulp Fiction is not happening, the Miramax license holders are dicks.

That sucks! Oh well, onto the next theme for Mark Ritchie

Quoted from PtownPin:

I find this hard to believe...have you polled all the distributors...mines says thats not true, and he's one of the largest JJP distributors...either way it really doesn't matter...

The two largest JJP distros have both commented on their sales of the CE. One said they sold more POTC CE's in one day than all of DI total.

That's a great thing for JJP. Granted, these are just deposits but it shows the reveal excitement around this title.

#2926 2 years ago

Did anyone take video of the jPotC "boat in a bottle" topper? At the reveal Eric kind of motioned to it, but the camera was on the other side of the room and you really couldn't see it at all.

#2927 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did anyone take video of the jPotC "boat in a bottle" topper? At the reveal Eric kind of motioned to it, but the camera was on the other side of the room and you really couldn't see it at all.

its on pinballstar fb page

#2928 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Here’s some up close video: https://twitter.com/buffalopinball/status/918865166803931137

#2929 2 years ago

Thanks much! I couldn't find video of it anywhere!

#2930 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My understanding is the actors or actresses own the rights to their audio and video. So times 23, this would be near impossible. Add to that get Disney approval for each and every one, every time used.
That sounds like a nightmare of epic proportions.
LTG : )

Thanks and interesting to know. It’s a shame as they make enough already on the movie. Just curious to know what it would have cost or especially Johnny Deep parts for the game.

#2931 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jack will just make another limited edition for you to buy...sometimes one that's actually better than the one you forked over all that cash for.

Bingo...

As an early JJP supporter, I wasn’t pissed that he did a RRWOZ after getting my LE.
It looked uglier than the ECLE and was missing the sweet wood apron.
As a second game JJP supporter, the first Hobbit art was pretty disappointing and even after they lazily put the same image of Smaug in three places as a “free” upgrade to the pre-order guys, it still wasn’t a thematic slam dunk in my eyes.
10 months go by from that lukewarm Expo showing and I finally get my Smaug.
(Two weeks before all the factory fixes no less too! )

A few months later and Expo finally rolls around.
JJP announces a “Black Arrow” edition after their Dialed In presentation, which finally ditches the goblin nut-sack/Smaug from their respective cabs.
As a Hobbit fan, the Black Arrow edition is what I WANTED my game to look like all along.

Did I get that choice to switch after finally getting my game?
Nope.
Jack didn’t seem to care about my simple request and we haven’t spoken since.

So, for you guys throwing money his way today...

Don’t be surprised to see a POTC “Black Pearl” edition announcement next year after you get your games because, I can almost guarantee he’s already got it in the works.

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Don’t be surprised to see a POTC “Black Pearl” edition announcement next year after you get your games because, I can almost guarantee he’s alre

That is a guaranteed. By now everyone knows that is how they do it, it shouldn't piss anyone off.

#2933 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Don’t be surprised to see a POTC “Black Pearl” edition announcement next year after you get your games because, I can almost guarantee he’s already got it in the works.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

By now everyone knows that is how they do it

WOZ had the same cab art so it wasn’t really a big deal.
DI hasn’t done it yet, and it’s been a full year.

POTC currently has lackluster “floaty head” cab art so yes, I’d expect they’d follow suit ala Hobbit and go for more “badassary” on a Black Pearl edition down the road.
Plus,
Now that the old pre-order system to save $1k is dead, it doesn’t really matter to anyone but those few folks like me that wanted a better art package from the get-go than what’s currently available.
Especially at these inflated prices.

Quoted from fishbone:

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

No problem, glad I could help.
(“Party at Ground Zero” pirate edition TBD.)
Or,
You can do what I did fishbone.
Spend your hard earned $$$ on a TNA instead.
“And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew...”

#2935 2 years ago

Interesting theory except that with Pirates they did it up front - the CE has the Davy Jones cabinet artwork package and even different playfield and Backglass art. I won’t debate whether or not it’s more badass than the standard and LE because whatever you think is fine but that sets it apart from WOZ and Hobbit in that there was no super high dollar CE option with those two games. So what was mentioned before is more applicable to this situation - there hasn’t been a late arriving option with DI and I don’t expect it, and with Pirates the problem is that the CE is going to have a number plaque and I think a wooden looking base for the topper and is supposed to be the supreme edition which costs supreme money up front. Assuming that the same model that’s been used for DI and now this game is going to apply to games 5 and beyond, the black pearl edition - nice name btw - would be an extremely tough sell. Good theory though.

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

nobody has done a comparison of Stern VS JJP

Yeah we did when we "heard" that potc was being done by JJP

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The two largest JJP distros have both commented on their sales of the CE. One said they sold more POTC CE's in one day than all of DI total.
That's a great thing for JJP. Granted, these are just deposits but it shows the reveal excitement around this title.

As a DI owner, I actually love to hear this. I hope JJPOTC sells like gangbusters. Hopefully it will lead people back to other JJP titles (like Dialed In, which in my opinion is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made). Plus, the more JJPOTC that are out there will hopefully mean I can get a good deal in a couple years on a HUO one!

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pretty much all the good theme choices are for things that existed in the 80's and 90's.

For TODAYS collectors. In 10 years that will change. Twenty somethings that were born in 1995 grew up with a completely different set of cultural touchstones that will be 'the good themes' for them.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

As a DI owner, I actually love to hear this. I hope JJPOTC sells like gangbusters. Hopefully it will lead people back to other JJP titles (like Dialed In, which in my opinion is one of the greatest pinball machines ever made). Plus, the more JJPOTC that are out there will hopefully mean I can get a good deal in a couple years on a HUO one!

I am very excited to hear that JJPOTC is pre selling well. Competition is a wonderful thing and the more Stern and JJP thrive the more potential entrants we'll see into the market.

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Bingo...
As an early JJP supporter, I wasn’t pissed that he did a RRWOZ after getting my LE.
As a second game JJP supporter, the first Hobbit art was pretty disappointing and even after they lazily put the same image of Smaug in three places as a “free” upgrade to the pre-order guys, it still wasn’t a thematic slam dunk in my eyes.
JJP announces a “Black Arrow” edition after their Dialed In presentation, which finally ditches the goblin nut-sack/Smaug from their respective cabs.
As a Hobbit fan, the Black Arrow edition is what I WANTED my game to look like all along.
Nope.

I can't really side with you on this. I really don't know of any company that would trade out your previously purchased item, for the new model. Would Chevy sell you a Camaro and let you trade a month later when they announce the new transformer edition? Hell no. That's just part of buying a product early on. Personally I prefer both early models over the black arrow anyway, but that's just me. Jack has every right to make new versions, and I actually think it's cool to see new renditions of the games.

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Bingo...
Nope.

You call trading in a used item for a brand new 'updated' item a 'simple request'?

Have you had success doing that with cars, phones, computers or anything else?

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I had all the right shots lit and stacked multiballs here in this vid,
» YouTube video

Whoa! I'm amazed of how good the animations look.. If you compare them with what Stern's been doing so far it's like day and night.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Whoa! I'm amazed of how good the animations look.. If you compare them with what Stern's been doing so far it's like day and night.

Another video I took.

This is the stacked multiball video.

#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just curious to know what it would have cost or especially Johnny Deep parts for the game.

No idea. But I think of the nightmare involved. Some of these clowns want a million dollars. You settle on something less. Pay it. Make it. Present it to Disney for approval. Disney says NO. A lot of money and resources wasted, times twenty three actors and actresses.

I think JJP came up with the right formula to get the game made and did an amazing job. Some very creative ideas and work.

#2945 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Have you had success doing that with cars, phones, computers or anything else?

Several things actually.
Everybody’s heard of Costco right?
They take pretty much everything back.
If you’re not happy 100% with a product they sell, you can bring it back, even without the original receipt, and even if it’s past what the manufacturer deems is “too late.”
It’s just how they roll.
Sooo,
Since I thought I was a “good” customer in JJP’s eyes being said early supporter in giving him not one, but TWO games worth of money before even seeing my first game, I thought my request did seem simple enough.
If he really cared about keeping me a buyer of his future games, he could’ve told my local distributor to switch out the machines (since the Smaug was technically a higher value game at the time.) and replace it with a Black Arrow edition when they were ready.
The local distro could’ve easily sold a sub 50 play Smaug for $7500 to any of his/her clientele (since they were still a scarce item) and I’d have the game I wanted the whole time.

But that didn’t happen.

I got to do ALL the legwork on selling my game (which I did...) and still never got the factory updates/fixes that went on the later models before the game sold.

Could I have used the $$$ to buy a Black Arrow edition? Sure.

But,
Why bother continuing to support someone that doesn’t seem to want to keep you as happy as possible in the first place?
(Especially after helping them literally start up a business?)

Plus,
It doesn’t matter which industry you are dealing with.
People send back food all the time in restaurants because they weren’t happy with the final product.
Stern (for example,) learned their lesson the hard way with GB and still took care of people’s games.
Even the vocal KPG got a new populated PF.
Some even got brand new machines.

It’s all in the eyes of the beholder I guess.
The good distributors will have your back most of the time but, since I went with JJP direct on both games, my “guy” was less than helpful in my case.

Good customer service/relations keeps people coming back, period.
Yes, even if you (the manufacturer) decide to keep raising prices for no apparent reason.

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If you’re not happy 100% with a product they sell, you can bring it back, even without the original receipt, and even if it’s past what the manufacturer deems is “too late.”
It’s just how they roll.

If JJP had Costco's income, they'd roll different too.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Good customer service keeps people coming back, period.

I am sorry you didn't get what you wanted direct.

For your pinball needs ( not necessarily JJP ) try Chris at Kingpin Games. He posts here. Bends over backwards to make his customers happy.

#2947 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

It’s just how they roll.

Costco uses their power to force manufacturers to take back those goods. If you want to retail through Costco, be prepared to take back anything they send back, whenever they get sent back. Obviously manufacturers want access to Costco's buyers, so they take that deal.

There is no comparison between them and anything pinball related.

#2948 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Such a ridiculous argument.

Costco does it, so JJP should too.

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There is no comparison between them and anything pinball related.

I didn’t say anything about that.
PF2K asked if I had any success with returning OTHER stuff not Pinball related and I answered him.
(Although, they did sell Sterns so you could have technically returned it past Stern’s warranty period if you wanted to.)

Quoted from RTS:

Such a ridiculous argument.
Costco does it, so JJP should too.

Yes, word for word.
Exactly what I was saying...
(This was sarcasm.)

#2950 2 years ago

I'm going to call my Audi dealer and switch out my A6 for another A6 I think I'd like better.

They do this, right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside