FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 76.
#2501 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Disney said no to licensed music. Don't count on that. But JJP has great in-house music talent, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Omg.... that is bullshit. Music is so important for this theme. certainly with movie themes, often music and theme belong to each other. Remove the music from alot of fantastic themes and you have nothing anymore. I was watching the potc twitch video and thought it looked nice, but i was missing something, cause i did not get the potc feeling, at all... and than i understood: where is the fucking music????

Unbelievable, really a dealbreaker for me. Just cannot believe those licenseholders, you cannot shoot Smaug in a pinballmachine, you only can use of the shitty aliens pictures not the great ones, themes get cut in half by removing music.... what is next? A James bond pinballmachine with the main character called Harry cause you cannot use the name James Bond?

As a pinballcompany i would never pay for such an empty license.

This will be a great pin... again... just great. Which is fine for many pinball machine costumers. But not for me, saving for that one holy grale pin. Great ain't enough for this kind of money for me personal, it needs to choke me when i see it, have a bad night of sleep cause i need to have it. It should be fricking super fantastic and mindblowing instead of just great.

JJP is getting closer and closer though. This ain't even his fault. Cause if you want a big licence, you have to deal with assholes. That is for sure.

It is even more painfull cause the iconic potc music is made by Tiësto, born in Breda, The Netherlands....

Start at 2 minuts, put the speakers wide open and get goosebumps within 1 minut. So sad this song aint in... ;-(

Ik denk dat ik Tijs eens een mailtje stuur of hij niet ervoor kan zorgen dat in ieder geval die track er in komt haha .

#2502 6 years ago

what a game and what a reveal, amazing all the way thru!

I dont care for the theme and the price is still a bit too high, I still think its a bit of a wierd choice for licence concidering stern already has a game out there on it.. but.. DAMN this game looks good!
Even the early code looks good!?

#2503 6 years ago

Hooray!! I finally made it to the last page of this thread after reading all of the comments on this pin.

I have to go pee.

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't understand why companies do that. I mean the pinball is representing your brand...wouldn't you want your music represented?

I don't see this to negative, i mean have you played got ? that game's theme gets so anoying after a few games, i think it's great to get custom music and not just variations of the theme

#2505 6 years ago
Quoted from thejacko1010:

I don't see this to negative, i mean have you played got ? that game's theme gets so anoying after a few games, i think it's great to get custom music and not just variations of the theme

True. But to be fair GOT does not have great music at all. Nobody but hardcore got fans will know it is GOT music when you put it on.

If you put on this pirate song, i think almost everybody instantly knows it is from POTC. Like the Jaws tune, music in The Godfather and Star wars. Etc You cannot leave out the music representing that kind of themes.

And it is not only this song. Like i said, the pirates singing yo ho should be in this game. And not some self made yoho song. It destroys a fantastic theme.

And something else... dont you guys worry there wont be many videoclips from the movie in the game? I loved that in the hobbit. Would be really a shame if they also cannot use that like in te hobbit.

#2506 6 years ago

Looks like JJP has done a fantastic job with the POTC theme. Kind of surprised they went with it though as we all know STERN has been there done that. This game looks loaded and should provide many hours of great game play. Just might have to take the plunge down the road at some point but right now just having dropped some serious coinage on an new AFMrSE (which is great by the way) I need to take a break from committing monies to purchase another pin...need to recharge the wallet if you know what I mean. Still enjoying my HobbitLE and WOZECLE among a few others. Game on!

#2507 6 years ago

Love the old school oulane/inlanes....but the whole sand bar/beach thing by the action button looks damn budget and i could do without it.

#2508 6 years ago
Quoted from thejacko1010:

I would like to see both, the original music that's fitting in a pinball as well as custom music. Why not have the best of both worlds?

I just don't understand why these companies do not want their brand represented the best it can be.

#2509 6 years ago

I'd be quite surprised if Disney just flat out said "No." - I'm sure it more has to do with price. It makes no sense to withhold the music, but I'm sure there are extra costs involved.

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I'd be quite surprised if Disney just flat out said "No." - I'm sure it more has to do with price. It makes no sense to withhold the music, but I'm sure there are extra costs involved.

I am sure your right.

To bad licensing wasn't all inclusive of all the IP with approval to make sure you are representing their brand vision.

#2511 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

True. But to be fair GOT does not have great music at all.

Now you've gone too far! Game of Thrones theme song is amazing and never gets old.

#2512 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Should read: Has this been done before. tilt warnings per game instead of tilt warnings per ball. For someone who likes to rock a game, i didn't consider this innovative.

Do wait...what the.... so when you tilt you lose your GAME on this? Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up and skimming through this thread as quickly as possible but man...

#2513 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do wait...what the.... so when you tilt you lose your GAME on this? Sorry, I'm trying to get caught up and skimming through this thread as quickly as possible but man...

I don't know but Dialed in Carries over Tilt warning to the next ball....don;t know if that;s what is being talked aboot.

I mean it did till I turned it off..stupid shit.

#2514 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

JJPOTC displays tilt warnings per ball with LEDs under and to right of right flipper.

#2515 6 years ago

Seriously, how can this many people be excited for a game that’s just about a compass?!

#2516 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, I feel like The Hobbit modes all feel very similar due to the layout and overuse of the same shots and targets. I'm not as worried with Pirates. It has a lot more going on.

Yeah, I'm enthusiastic that it's like a mashup of WoZ and Hobbit, which should be a great thing. Hobbit will remain JJP's weakest offering.

#2517 6 years ago

Will a tournament mode have the one character and the same modes for each player?

#2518 6 years ago

Should be called POTC4 or POTC5 depending on how many movies the game represents. Like Stern IJ4, that game represented the 4 Indy movies. There will be an IJ5.

#2519 6 years ago

But to be fair GOT does not have great music at all.

There's a reason the show's music is able to tour around the country playing to sold-out arenas. It's fantastic.

#2520 6 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Now you've gone too far! Game of Thrones theme song is amazing and never gets old.

Aye aye sir..... i went overboard, which fits this theme nicely i would say .

#2521 6 years ago

What does "tilt" mean?

I don't know what you guys are talking aboot

Is it when you slam your pin so hard the back legs pop off?

#2522 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't understand why companies do that. I mean the pinball is representing your brand...wouldn't you want your music represented?

Because licensing, especially music licensing, is a hilarious and depressing clusterfuck. They had to negotiate rights for: having the music in the movie, releasing the movie on DVD/Bluray, broadcasting the movie on TV... and now for a pinball machine.

I think they probably told JJP how much it'd cost to add that to the license, and mutually decided not to!

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Because licensing, especially music licensing, is a hilarious and depressing clusterfuck. They had to negotiate rights for: having the music in the movie, releasing the movie on DVD/Bluray, broadcasting the movie on TV... and now for a pinball machine.
I think they probably told JJP how much it'd cost to add that to the license, and mutually decided not to!

Yeah I get it. Just seems they would fix it with future IP indeavors so it isn't such a cluster.

#2524 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So you get 2 warnings to start, but if you use both in the first ball (for example), you will tilt that ball on next tilt. The next ball, no warnings left, first tilt loses that ball until the end of game. Not sure if there will be random awards for extra tilt warnings like in DI (and WOZ?). Hope so - love the creative use of tilt warnings. Next best award after extra ball.

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know but Dialed in Carries over Tilt warning to the next ball....don;t know if that;s what is being talked aboot.
I mean it did till I turned it off..stupid shit.

It does? Wow, that explains some big WHAT THE F'ING F JUST HAPPENED moments on Dialed In for me... that IS stupid!

Quoted from cooked71:

Next best award after extra ball.

If loss of tilt warning carries over from ball to ball then it's about the most useless award ever. Instead of potentially getting 6 tilt warnings as has been traditional (2 per ball), you potentially only get 2 + whatever you randomly-mystery-get on your third ball? Screw that noise. Why build a pinball machine that's designed to not be played?

#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It does? Wow, that explains some big WHAT THE F'ING F JUST HAPPENED moments on Dialed In for me... that IS stupid!

If loss of tilt warning carries over from ball to ball then it's about the most useless award ever. Instead of potentially getting 6 tilt warnings as has been traditional (2 per ball), you potentially only get 2 + whatever you randomly-mystery-get on your third ball? Screw that noise. Why build a pinball machine that's designed to not be played?

I mean tilt warning awards are a cool feature regardless. I wish they were used more often.

I'm with you, not a big fan of 2 tilts per game. Only good thing is it ads a bit more strategy tonhow you use them. But you can change it in the menu to a more traditional system that resets each ball.

#2527 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What does "tilt" mean?
I don't know what you guys are talking aboot
Is it when you slam your pin so hard the back legs pop off?

No...it’s when you get sideways, and ALMOST spill the bourbon...not game related at all....

Tell me there’s no breathalyzer in this thing...might have to reconsider....

#2528 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Quoted from spinal:

JJPOTC displays tilt warnings per ball with LEDs under and to right of right flipper.

at thursdays reveal the game was set for 2 cumulative tilt warnings per game. in Erics first game [starting at the 47:00 mark], playing as player 1, he tilt warns on ball one, starts ball 2 with only one warning, tilt warns and tilts on ball 2, and starts ball 3 with no warnings left.

#2529 6 years ago

JJP software has always had a tilts per game or tilts per ball adjustable setting. It’s been in there since WOZ. Factory settings are usually tilt per game but it takes five seconds to change it.

#2530 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm with you, not a big fan of 2 tilts per game. Only good thing is it ads a bit more strategy tonhow you use them. But you can change it in the menu to a more traditional system that resets each ball.

Which might actually work if the tilt warning awards were frequent AND the outlanes on JJP games didn't tend to be RIDICULOUSLY HUGE...lol. They have yet to put out a single game where it felt like the outlanes were really 'fair' and I think their software features partially have made up for that with kickbacks and skillful ball saves. I fully support the skillful ball save, but they need to realize that at the same time, nudging is a skill, and tilt bobs are not always set 'fairly'. It's good the menu option is there, I'd definitely be using that if I had any say...

Quoted from FlippyD:

JJP software has always had a tilts per game or tilts per ball adjustable setting. It’s been in there since WOZ. Factory settings are usually tilt per game but it takes five seconds to change it.

I never noticed it on WoZ, largely because trying to nudge to avoid anything except a STDM is just pointless...the outlanes are like 4x the size of anything considered "sane"....but see above. Hobbit...I assume I just haven't ever noticed it because frankly the game is way too open and easy, PLUS there's a kickback. So this is all news to me, and I bet even a majority of my local fellow tourney players don't know about this, and just assumed (as I did) that the bob was swinging like crazy and registered multiple hits.

#2531 6 years ago

I think the lack of videoclips is a HUGE plus right now -- feels more like a pinball machine than hobbit.
-mof

#2532 6 years ago

Disney doesn’t have the rights to much of the music to offer.

#2533 6 years ago

For anyone interested:

DEEP DIVE into Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball by JJP - Likes, Dislikes, Code, Features

http://thisweekinpinball.com/pirates-caribbean-deep-dive-likes-dislikes-code-features/

123_1 (resized).jpeg123_1 (resized).jpeg

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

For anyone interested:
DEEP DIVE into Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball by JJP - Likes, Dislikes, Code, Features
http://thisweekinpinball.com/pirates-caribbean-deep-dive-likes-dislikes-code-features/

"2. Collecting Gold
Needing to use the action button to collect gold could potentially get a little tiresome."

Again pressing a button on a button pressing game might be too much to handle. WTF

#2535 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I would give my business to Nitro over Starburst. My friend ordered a pin and it was cheaper from Nitro delivered to his door then ordering from Starbust and he would have had to drive down from up North to pick it up too!

As would I but I don't want a standard and I don't have $13K+ for a LE. This hobby is getting out of control, living in Canada doesn't help.

#2536 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

i like how the top flipper is left vs right.
Need more left top flippers.

almost 90% of the population is right handed.

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

What's being right or left handed have to do with the third flipper placement. It's not any harder to hit the left or right flipper on a two flipper game.

#2538 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

You win dumbest argument of the day.

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"2. Collecting Gold
Needing to use the action button to collect gold could potentially get a little tiresome."
Again pressing a button on a button pressing game might be too much to handle. WTF

Like the Star Wars tie fighter video mode, cool idea but just could eventually get a little annoying. Absolutely love the JJPOTC overall though.

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Like the Star Wars tie fighter video mode, cool idea but just could eventually get a little annoying. Absolutely love the JJPOTC overall though.

Do the other 2 buttons get a little annoying?

Edit: it's also not a video mode

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do the other 2 buttons get a little annoying?
Edit: it's also not a video mode

Comparing apples to oranges. The two other buttons correlate with ball movement. The lockdown bar button does not.

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

There's always tomorrow.

#2543 6 years ago

Jersey Jack used to be a distributor for Stern. He, JJ must have had butterflies in his stomach all this week, waiting for this reveal. JJ basically trumped Gary's King (Stern PoTC), with his new and improved Ace (JJP PoTC).

Pinball just keeps getting better!

#2544 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seems to like to setthe bar higher and higher each day. Lol

#2545 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Love the old school oulane/inlanes....but the whole sand bar/beach thing by the action button looks damn budget and i could do without it.

I thought the same, they need to tighten up that beach area

#2546 6 years ago

Great new POTC pin by JJP. Congrats and well done to Eric on his first machine. This game looks amazing.

I purchased a DICE and it is an unbelievable game -- great job Pat! I really like original themes and hope they do another one.

Also interested to see how Iron Maiden turns out if Stern makes that one. Its a great time for pinball. Just registered for TPF as well.

#2547 6 years ago

Omg.... that is bullshit. Music is so important for this theme. certainly with movie themes, often music and theme belong to each other. Remove the music from alot of fantastic themes and you have nothing anymore. I was watching the potc twitch video and thought it looked nice, but i was missing something, cause i did not get the potc feeling, at all... and than i understood: where is the fucking music????
Unbelievable, really a dealbreaker for me. Just cannot believe those licenseholders, you cannot shoot Smaug in a pinballmachine, you only can use of the shitty aliens pictures not the great ones, themes get cut in half by removing music.... what is next? A James bond pinballmachine with the main character called Harry cause you cannot use the name James Bond?
As a pinballcompany i would never pay for such an empty license.
This will be a great pin... again... just great. Which is fine for many pinball machine costumers. But not for me, saving for that one holy grale pin. Great ain't enough for this kind of money for me personal, it needs to choke me when i see it, have a bad night of sleep cause i need to have it. It should be fricking super fantastic and mindblowing instead of just great.
JJP is getting closer and closer though. This ain't even his fault. Cause if you want a big licence, you have to deal with assholes. That is for sure.
It is even more painfull cause the iconic potc music is made by Tiësto, born in Breda, The Netherlands....
Start at 2 minuts, put the speakers wide open and get goosebumps within 1 minut. So sad this song aint in... ;-(
» YouTube video
Ik denk dat ik Tijs eens een mailtje stuur of hij niet ervoor kan zorgen dat in ieder geval die track er in komt haha .

I listen to Zimmer's/Tiesto's "He's a Pirate" daily; oftentimes many times per day. It is one of the greatest songs ever by two of the greatest musical artists ever (Zimmer and Tiesto). I will place my JJPOTC pin next to my 7.1 surround theater and crank Zimmer's and Tiesto's masterpiece on repeat while I play it.

Having said that, it is very disappointing that the song will not be on the pin. Is it possible that many of the video rights also didn't make it onto the pin?

#2548 6 years ago

Gary Stern and JJPOTC (resized).jpgGary Stern and JJPOTC (resized).jpg

#2549 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How many LE will be made? Does no one know or don’t want to say? I can’t find on the web site.

limited to how many they can sell id imagine

#2550 6 years ago

Aww.... he looks so happy.... lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/51?hl=goldant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.