FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 76.
#2451 6 years ago

Was Johnny Depp there?

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Idk about that. Toyotas are bullet proof.

Yeah I dont know , I hate german cars.. break down all the time. I had a BMW X5, biggest piece of crap I ever had.

#2452 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Such a nice change to have a game reveal and immediately afterwards quality gameplay footage (with quality players).

but.. wait.. nobody scored 12,000,000,000 points

... and then was told to intentionally drain

#2453 6 years ago

random white wood pic

20171013_101906 (resized).jpg20171013_101906 (resized).jpg

20171013_101916 (resized).jpg20171013_101916 (resized).jpg

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

LOL, leave him alone Kenny.

Captain Ahab is down in Cabo, partying with the Red Rocker. He's selling his collection anyway and going to buy a lot of hats that he can hang shiny stuff off of.

As for me, yes, I like to pre order games and not get them...like TBL and Alien...but this one will get made and delivered. I have no doubt on that.

jgentry

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

We also may need free education because at a 1.25 exchange rate, or thereabouts, these numbers may just be a tad off

What u mean? $12500 USD = $15631.38 CAD
that's close enough to $16k for my pockets
Either way, it's too rich for my blood

#2456 6 years ago

How many LE pins ?

#2457 6 years ago

6 more games played. So fun. So unique. Love they went with the non traditional left outline. Cannon is hard but a blast. Still not a fan of the JJp scoring but whatever.

#2458 6 years ago

What about the upper PF?

Does ball always go up there?

#2459 6 years ago

Why don't u guys just stop buying Sterns and STFU up already, its getting boring, I like what JJP is doing and I like what Stern is doing, SW is a great playing game and I'm sure POTC will be great why the need for constant comparison, don't like the features and price then don't buy it.

#2460 6 years ago

No. There’s plenty to shoot on the main playfield

#2461 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yep a standard here is $12197.08 with taxes and not counting starburst profit on top of that, a lot of money for a toy.
i was hoping for a better price but the game looks amazing!

$12197.08 is almost exactly $US 8500 x 1.13 taxes x 1.27 exchange rate. My understanding is that $US 8500 is MSRP so includes profit.

#2462 6 years ago

As the excitement has died down some, I still have an LE on order but I have some concerns.
1. I don't recall hearing possibly the best property related to PotC: of course I mean Hans Zimmer's amazing score. Did I just miss this? I didn't watch the entire stream.
2. I also didn't see many clips from the movies. Are there plans to increase this?
3. The multitude of modes sounds cool at first but I fear it may make them overall mostly forgettable just like I feel most of The Hobbit's modes are.

#2463 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why don't u guys just stop buying Sterns and STFU up already, its getting boring, I like what JJP is doing and I like what Stern is doing, SW is a great playing game and I'm sure POTC will be great why the need for constant comparison, don't like the features and price then don't buy it.

You do realize there would not be a Pinside without opinions, right?

#2464 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You do realize there would not be a Pinside without opinions, right?

Duh I think so.
Thats not the point, this is a thread to dicuss JJP #4 and yet half the comments are Stern bashing by the same group of select dickheads on this site, jesus I made 2 negative comments regarding DI and was modded yet Stern can be a bash toy with no repercussions, its aggravating.

#2465 6 years ago

Does JJP have all three models at expo?
It's obvious the wow factor between between CE and LE.
Trying to relay any key SE and LE details differences on sculpted toys and targets mentioned in specs?
Maybe distributors could chime in. Thx.

#2466 6 years ago

Wowzers! Such a 180 from the last Expo reveal they did!

Good thing pirates aren't known to use lots of cell phones!

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

As the excitement has died down some, I still have an LE on order but I have some concerns.
1. I don't recall hearing possibly the best property related to PotC: of course I mean Hans Zimmer's amazing score. Did I just miss this? I didn't watch the entire stream.
2. I also didn't see many clips from the movies. Are there plans to increase this?
3. The multitude of modes sounds cool at first but I fear it may make them overall mostly forgettable just like I feel most of The Hobbit's modes are.

The code is probably at like 10-20% complete. Look for more clips, sounds, modes, etc. as the game matures.

#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alien still crushes this game IMO but I also don't care for the theme and absolutely love Alien/it's atmosphere, etc. No pinball game delivers the suspense/feel/thriller that is alien pinball (ever).

the industry has made what 3 or 4 Star Wars pins and the consensus is they haven't got it 'right' yet. but the very first Alien is going to get it 'right'? what did HP get for their licensing dollars? SO MUCH of the cast is underrepresented or isn't even present in the game. NO RIPLEY, ASH, DALLAS, KANE, BURKE, GORMAN, HICKS, etc. two full length movies to work with, but limited video assets made it into the game [obviously none featuring actors that didnt sign off]. only a few seconds of NEWT. how many times can one watch a spaceship take off and land? no worries, you got the alien and the CAT. they really sold dream-themers a bill of goods on that one.

here JJPOTC has 22 characters, including all the main ones 'on board'. expect the video assets from the 5 movies to deliver and hope they get the necessary music rights.

garfield01.jpggarfield01.jpg

#2469 6 years ago

Anyone that says operators won't buy this are wrong. Unlike Dialed in, this theme has staying power for the general public. I'm guessing even if an operator paid back half his investment, he could sell it off for not much less than he paid for it.

Also hasn't Stern had a lot of issues lately with random resets and node boards failing? Nevermind the boards failing, how pissed off is a customer going to be if he lost his money during a reset, not to mention they might have been in the middle of a really good game. If a game reset on me, I might shove it in frustration.

#2470 6 years ago

Is Stern Bashing considered a Hate Crime?

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the industry has made what 3 or 4 Star Wars pins and the consensus is they haven't got it 'right' yet. but the very first Alien is going to get it 'right'? what did HP get for their licensing dollars? SO MUCH of the cast is underepresented or isn't even present in the game. NO RIPLEY, ASH, DALLAS, KANE, BURKE, GORMAN, HICKS, etc. two full length movies to work with, but limited video assets made it into the game [obviously none featuring actors that didnt sign off]. only a few seconds of NEWT. how many times can one watch a spaceship take off and land? no worries, you got the alien and the CAT. they really sold dream-themers a bill of goods on that one.
here JJPOTC has 22 characters, including all the main ones 'on board'. expect the video assets from the 5 movies to deliver and hope they get the necessary music rights.

Have you actually watched any Alien gameplay vids, yeah theres no ripley which I personally like but the rest of the cast is present, Stern SW is amazing. Foolish comment.

#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

JJP is the new sherif in town. I wonder what other stern games they will remake.

Star Wars PLEASE.

#2473 6 years ago

I have to admit, the theme wasn't the hottest property for me, but the game looks absolutely amazing. It has innovative playfield toys, and innovation in the code by the sounds of it. Should be a real good game to have in a small or large collection and would think it'd do well on route.

#2474 6 years ago

I went ahead and put a deposit on a POTC CE,I have room for 4 games and its the last one for now, seems like a awesome game,

#2475 6 years ago

I ranted in another thread some time ago that as a new pinball enthusiast, I didn't care for the stripped PRO/"upgraded" PREM/LE model that affected the play of the game. I said then, that what I wanted was one complete machine, priced wherever it was priced, then put into the market. THANK YOU JJP FOR DOING THIS! (Ditto with Spooky!)

#2476 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Call Gary at Abel Electronics....he's one the largest JJP distributors, and a great guy to deal with...cant go wrong

Yep great guy... Got my DI from him

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Have you actually watched any Alien gameplay vids, yeah theres no ripley which I personally like but the rest of the cast is present, Stern SW is amazing. Foolish comment.

have i watched alien gameplay? you know i have.

can you direct me to video assets where any of the cast members i listed are included? [RIPLEY, ASH, DALLAS, KANE, BURKE, GORMAN, HICKS]. i've seen BRETT, BISHOP, and APONE. not even sure about spotting VASQUEZ and HUDSON. im quite sure there are no human beings represented in the art anywhere on the game. certainly a myriad of already tiring call outs from a number of characters. and, if you read my post i clearly state 'underrepresented OR [not] even present'. I stand by my comments and will happily apologize if proven otherwise; but take it to the main Alien thread.

so for now ...

aliensripley01 (resized).jpgaliensripley01 (resized).jpg

#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK, Who brought the dog?!

A Stern reference in a JJP thread? How could you?

#2479 6 years ago

For those worried about operators buying... I for one will be putting a couple on route. The cost doesn't matter to me if the earnings are there. Dialed in has been the best earning pin I've had in years, so I'm willing to give this one a try also.

#2480 6 years ago

Really cool SDTM Exclusive flyby of JJP POTC! Better than last night's that we did

#2481 6 years ago

How many LE will be made? Does no one know or don’t want to say? I can’t find on the web site.

#2482 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

im quite sure there are no human beings represented in the art anywhere on the game. certainly a myriad of already tiring call outs from a number of characters. and, if you read my post i clearly state 'underrepresented OR [not] even present'. I stand by my comments and will happily apologize if proven otherwise; but take it to the main Alien thread.

If u are referring to the artwork then OK I'm with ya but very very happy none of them are included in the artwork, I'm not into that, I like ST art or GOT plain but it works, GB and AS are too much for me and I dislike the character pictures/paintings on most games including SW and this new POTC, I thought u meant the game was without any character representation, as for a "myriad of already tiring call outs" what game doesn't have this feature?

#2483 6 years ago

Any one have thoughts on ordering from a distributor vs ordering right from JJP? Does one get the game sooner than other? What about shipping/tax?

#2484 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Captain Ahab is down in Cabo, partying with the Red Rocker. He's selling his collection anyway and going to buy a lot of hats that he can hang shiny stuff off of.
As for me, yes, I like to pre order games and not get them...like TBL and Alien...but this one will get made and delivered. I have no doubt on that.
jgentry

You left the preorders that you backed out on out of that list Kenny. Selective memory. I've had 14 tequila shots since lunch and I still remember better then you.

I love pinball, but I just can't get 9.5k fun out of one. If it's good and they go at a nice HUO discount I might look but otherwise I'd rather save my money or use it for something more practical or see a new part of the world. Fortunately you don't have to spend 12.5k or 9.5k to still have fun with the hobby. The game looks good and I'm sure it will be fun. But I've owned all 3 of the last jjp games and none were keepers for me. 9.5k can buy me a pile of tequila shots. Hard to compare that to a pinball machine.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The code is probably at like 10-20% complete. Look for more clips, sounds, modes, etc. as the game matures.

I hope you are correct. This pin was not on my radar at all, but it is now. I will be waiting to see how things progress and perhaps jump in after seeing more. Nice work JJP!

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Any one have thoughts on ordering from a distributor vs ordering right from JJP? Does one get the game sooner than other? What about shipping/tax?

Bigger distributors will get bigger shipments ready to go. I went with Joe from PinballSTAR and had a great experience with Dialed In. I wasn't in the first big wave of orders, so I was in the second run of LEs. Joe worked his butt off to get to the game to me as early as possible, and he was very good about communication by phone and email. He's a great guy to work with.

When it comes down to it though, pick a distributor that makes you feel comfortable. You might get it a little earlier or a little later, but the post-sale support is really what ends up mattering.

#2487 6 years ago

Does anyone else think those yellow flippers look wrong in this game? Are they going to be a different colour on production games?

#2488 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Does anyone else think those yellow flippers look wrong in this game? Are they going to be a different colour on production games?

I hope not, it's pinball and they should be yellow.

#2489 6 years ago

I need to see it first with full light show, videoclips and most important, the music. Without it the game looks a bit blend.

For example, is this song in?

And yoho songs etc etc. would make this game great i think.

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Need to be modded if so.

Wouldn't it have been cool if the game had a nod at least to the Disney POTC ride? Like a guy or 2 in a jail cell trying to lure the dog over that has the jail door keys in his mouth.

#2491 6 years ago

Disney said no to licensed music. Don't count on that. But JJP has great in-house music talent, so I wouldn't worry too much.

#2492 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You left the preorders that you backed out on out of that list Kenny. Selective memory. I've had 14 tequila shots since lunch and I still remember better then you.
I love pinball, but I just can't get 9.5k fun out of one. If it's good and they go at a nice HUO discount I might look but otherwise I'd rather save my money or use it for something more practical or see a new part of the world. Fortunately you don't have to spend 12.5k or 9.5k to still have fun with the hobby. The game looks good and I'm sure it will be fun. But I've owned all 3 of the last jjp games and none were keepers for me. 9.5k can buy me a pile of tequila shots. Hard to compare that to a pinball machine.

9.5k is pocket change to you. You've spent more money in spilled liquor from one side of Mexico to the next.

#2493 6 years ago

Have they shown the CE PF yet?

#2494 6 years ago

Anyone have the features matrix for all models?

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the modes are like The Hobbit they will all be unique. Each of the Hobbits 31+ modes are unique and work the playfield in interesting ways. Keith knows how to create objective based rulesets extremely well. I'm sure we are going to see a lot of unique modes for POTC.

Meh. I played Hobbit extensively at home and the modes felt very "same-y". The differentiation on most of them was on the screen. I hope jPotC is not the same way, but based on the playfield alone and missing annoying beast popups, it probably won't be.

#2497 6 years ago

Anyone know what 3D CAD package JJP uses? Just curious...Eric?

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I played Hobbit extensively at home and the modes felt very "same-y". The differentiation on most of them was on the screen. I hope jPotC is not the same way, but based on the playfield alone and missing annoying beast popups, it probably won't be.

At the end of the day it's 'shoot the lit shot' most of the time for any game. Sometimes you get real gems, like Alien Invasion (and hey, guy who programmed that seems relevant here), but modes are modes are modes, only so many ways to slice up the same cow.

Difference to me, without playing it, is POTC playfield looks fun, and Hobbit's has never done it for me.

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Disney said no to licensed music. Don't count on that. But JJP has great in-house music talent, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I don't understand why companies do that. I mean the pinball is representing your brand...wouldn't you want your music represented?

#2500 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I feel like The Hobbit modes all feel very similar due to the layout and overuse of the same shots and targets. I'm not as worried with Pirates. It has a lot more going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/50?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.